Integrating Two-Channel Set Up Into a Home Theater - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Integrating Two-Channel Set Up Into a Home Theater

Quote Originally Posted by RDSChicago View Post
    Hi,

I have a CJ ET3SE. I want to integrate my two-channel set up into a home theater 5.1 setup. My fronts are the Pioneer S-1EX's and I will likely use Quicksilver mono blocks with KT150's that put out around 90 watts each. Can someone explain how the home theater bypass control on the preamp works and how I go about making all the connections? I have a Denon 4311 AVR which, I believe, has all of the necessary inputs and outputs I need. Just not sure how to do it. It would be nice to have the option of using the sub in the two-channel playback on occasion. Thanks!
    Hi,

Sorry for the delay. If you have an entrie like bypasse on your CJ ET3SE, you connect the Denon 4311 AVR with PRE OUT L and PRE OUT R to the BYPASS Entrie of your CJ ET3SE.

Hope that's help you.

Best regards
    Marantz SA7S1/GRIMM AUDIO CC1/MARK LEVINSON 360S+TECHNICS SL1210 MKII/ORTOFON X1-MC/VPI CLASSIC 3 in rosewood/Audio-Technica ART-9/ESOTERIC E03+TAG MC LAREN T32R+JEFF ROWLAND CORUS+JEFF ROWLAND MODEL 625+INFINTY KAPPA 100+Cables line: all Furutech lineflux+power cord DIY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    I run my system like that. I use the Front R/L pre outs from Integra 30.3 into my VAC pre of main 2ch setup. For volume matching, I need to put the volume at about 1 o'clock and then use HT volume from there. I do the pre-set of volume before running the auto calibration from the HT.
    You have to do the auto calibration everytime before you watch a movie?
    George
    -----------------------

My Instrument of Precise Music Reproduction

Custom C.A.P.S. Reference Music Server with UpTone Audio JS-2 External Linear Power Supply > Bel Canto REFLink Asynchronous USB Converter > AT&T ST Optical Glass Fiber > Bel Canto DAC3.7 DAC > Pass Labs XP-20 Preamp > Pass Labs XA160.5 Class A Mono Blocks > Martin Logan Summit X Speakers

Powered By 2X BPT 3.5 Signature Plus Ultra | Shunyata Research Hydra Triton | UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS | CyberPower Sinewave UPS

Post Thanks / Like

May I suggest you refer to the owners manual that came with your Denon to accomplish a proper connection to your left front, center, right front, left rear and right rear surround sound speakers. Finally, how and where to plug in your speaker calbes and how to pre-set your Dennons is illustrated in its owners manual. Further, visit with a Denon dealer. The salesman or technician in that store or department can discuss this with you, point out things and actually show you how connections are applied (plugged in) and where they are plugged in and why. In my opinion, space does not permit most anyone to completely explain this to you in a reply on this forum

Post Thanks / Like

I'm agree with DOC.

As I told, you connect your PRE OUT to your CJ with entries BYPASS. This is the best connection to use only one time and only one time the auto-calibration.
    That's what I do with my system. I have a Pioneer SC-LX85 for Home Theater. I connect PRE OUT to BYPASS input of my JR CORUS.

Best regards
    Marantz SA7S1/GRIMM AUDIO CC1/MARK LEVINSON 360S+TECHNICS SL1210 MKII/ORTOFON X1-MC/VPI CLASSIC 3 in rosewood/Audio-Technica ART-9/ESOTERIC E03+TAG MC LAREN T32R+JEFF ROWLAND CORUS+JEFF ROWLAND MODEL 625+INFINTY KAPPA 100+Cables line: all Furutech lineflux+power cord DIY

Post Thanks / Like

RDS, I was wondering if you've done this and how you liked it?

I wouldn't want to burn tube life watching movies and years back I had a CJ 2-channel system, the sound of the CJ monoblocks didn't even come close to timbre matching with the solids state amp being used for HT, I had Arcam, I'd imagine the Denon receiver would even sound further apart. The mismatch sound drove me crazy. I immediately, bought a 5-channel amp for the HT and kept the two systems separate. I physically switched speaker cables at the back of the speaker to which system I wanted to use. Not so difficult using bananas and easy to reach binding posts.
    Mark Levinson #512 & 532h, Pass Labs XP10, JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro, AcousTech PH-1P
    All Clarus Crimson cabling, AC to binding post. Surgex
    HT: Marantz AV8003/BD7003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30, SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Mr. Peabody,

I got everything working with the CJ home theater bypass but then decided to keep the two channel and home theater dichotomy separate. I purchased a 200wpc 7-channel power amp and am using the Denon receiver as my pre-processor. The sound dramatically improved.

7. Likes Mr Peabody liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audioseduction View Post
    You have to do the auto calibration everytime before you watch a movie?
    No, I remember where I set the volume on my VAC Pre after running the calibration. My volume is in notches so it is easy to set to same exact notch each time.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System - Rotel 1072 > VAC CLA1 MKII > Couterpoint NPS-400 > Clearfield Continentals > Synergistic Cables
    Secondary
    - OPPO 93 >
    Hafler 945 Pre-Tuner > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2