Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Thread: Thank you

Audioshark

Thank you

I just wanted to say thank you to all our forum members. We are going into our fourth year and Audioshark has become the true "friendliest" audio forum. We all have a tremendous amount of stress in our lives. Mortgages. Job related stresses. Financial concerns. House repairs. Saving for retirement or saving for the kids college fund. Work commitments, travel, the list goes on and on. The last thing we want to do is unwind after a tough day, with a glass of our favorite beverage, some sweet songs playing in the background to engage in the endless war of cyber fighting - where nobody wins.

Here's the fact: nobody is right and nobody is wrong. In this hobby, it's about budget, personal preferences and experiences. Nothing else matters. You can't hit someone over the head with graphs and charts to convince them electrostatics are king. You can't beat people into submission with measurements to convince them solid state amps are superior to all tube amps by showing them a tube amps poor measurements, distortion, etc. We like what we like and we don't like what we don't like. The key is respect through experience, not ignorance. Learning from one another is one of the greatest reasons we have this forum, but nothing can take the place of our own experiences. Our members don't trot out some graph or chart to prove an amp or speaker is a poor design, they go and listen and often, they are surprised by the result. But the key - is listening, experience for oneself and sharing those experiences, good, bad or indifferent. I encourage all forum members to attend the shows - especially Axpona and RMAF. No, shows aren't the best, but they are a great place to get a taste of what's out there.

Our members aren't afraid to ask those seemingly silly basic questions either and feel safe that not everyone is expected to know everything. I can't tell you the number of people I've talked to over the past few years about computer audio. It is confusing! Our members talk about their experiences - a trip to hear a friends system, a audio show they attended or a dealer demo. Our forum members know that you can hear everything you can measure, but you can't measure everything you hear. They don't design imaginary systems on paper and proclaim they will beat anything out there. They don't talk about a product based on measurements, they discuss it based on actual experiences. Our members have brought us new local manufacturers and have brought us some interesting new products. Our members bring us new bands and great new musicians we've never heard of before.

We have a great group of people, many from all around the world. I've learned a lot from those in South Africa, France and other parts of Europe, Australia, Asia and more. We've learned about great products and great music from around the world.

Thank you again to all members for your continuing support, professionalism and for making Audioshark the best audio forum.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Re: Thank you

Thanks for having us! This site Rocks
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

+1

What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    Thanks for having us! This site Rocks
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Audioshark

I forgot to mention a big thank you to our amazing moderators - Joe and Mark. They've done a great job.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Super Moderator

You guys make my job pretty easy, thank you for the past, present and future discussions.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Thank you Audioshark !

Mike,Joe,Mark,Jock,kev,alpinist,wisnon....plus many many more...You guys have been best moderators and major contributors to this great forum. I enjoy our conversations,discussions and humor. I even enjoy the occasional disagreements when handled in a gentleman's manner.

keep up the great work and hoping to see you many more years to come.

Paul

Well said Mike!
    Regards,
    Steve

https://www.audionirvana.org/forum/t...geezr-s-system
    I only do what the voices in my wife's head tell her to tell me to do.

+111111111....
    DPT4ME - Dynamics, Presence & Tone for Musical Engagement; MBP (3) - stripped down for music only; Shunyata Omega & Sigma USBs; ISO REGEN w/short Curious USB links; Berkeley Alpha USB; Aqua La Scala II Optologic DAC; Schiit Yggdrasil - fully updated; Ayre Codex dac - updated; Pass Labs INT-60 integrated amp; Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE-2 preamp, Quicksilver Mono 120 amps w/Tung-Sol KT150s; Quicksilver Mid Mono amps w/Gold Lion KT77s; Fyne Audio 703s; Symposium Svelte Plus & Ultra Platforms; REL S-812 subwoofers; Duelund DCA12GA speaker cables; AV Room Service EVPs, Stein Music Harmonizers, Duelund DCA16GA & 20GA ICs; Shunyata Denali 6000S/V2; Tripp Lite PCs; Wyred 4 Sound power cords; AudioDharma cable cooker; dedicated custom room; various GIK & ASC room treatments; etc.

www.getbettersound.com

Thanks to all for sharing all your knowledge!
    Jeff

Main System-Mola Mola Tambaqui-Antipodes K50-WW Plat 8 ic-Esoteric Grandioso S1 Esoteric C-02x Verity Amadis S-Shunyata Triton V3-Shunyata Typhon QRT
    Shunyata AlphaNR V2 for Tambaqui-Elrod Statement Gold for S1, Elrod gold SCs Shunyata Sigma for Triton. Tubulus Concentus I2S.
    Second System: URC streamer-Wadia 151 Power Dac, MIT Speaker Cables, Wilson Audio Watts and REL sub.
    Third System: Denon AVR, URC Controller and network streamer, Netstreams Musica multi room-True Audio ceiling speakers

Well said Mike!!
    Audio Den

Audio Physic, B&W, Dynaudio, Magnepan, Paradigm, Golden Ear, Wilson Audio, Audio Research, Anthem, Arye, Bel Canto, Classe, Constellation Audio, Esoteric, JL Audio, Marantz, McIntosh, NAD, Parasound, PrimaLuna, Rotel, Simaudio, Technics, Clearaudio, Dr. Feickert, EAT, Pro-Ject, Thorens, Benz Micro, Denon, Grado, Ortofon, Sumiko, Audioquest, Nordost, Shunyata, Transparent Cable, Audeze, Sennheiser, King Sound, Master and Dynamic, Okki Nokki and many others.

Yep. Thx Mike Mark and Joe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AS rocks! Great job, Mike, Mark, and Joe! We love this forum and you guys!!

Allen

I have learned so much from you guys on this forum. What works in your system. What doesn't work. It has been so enlightening. Having so many different experiences from so many different seasoned audiophiles. It has been invaluable. Thanks to all who have posted their honest experiences!
    Le Roy

Austin, Tx : Soulution 520 preamp, 501 mono blocks, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D3.1, Lumin U1, Uptone Audio Modded Mac Mini w/ MMK fanless kit & JS-2 LPS, Regen, Ansuz DTC loom (complete), Oppo 105D, QNAP TS-451+

Chicagoland : Soulution 725 preamp, 711 stereo amp, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D5.1, Naim UnitiServe 2TB, Aurender W-20 Ansuz DTC later generation wire, Teac X1000 R2R, QNAP TS-451+

Foundation:
    Raidho Rack system, Ansuz DTC Mainz8, Ansuz (2) Supreme Mainz D8 Distribution, 20 amp dedicated outlets via subpanel

Which brand of cable was THAT? Lol.

Yes this is a cool forum. Thanks for keeping it objective.

A great audiophile is fit in mind and body. You must be trim in enough to get out of your armchair, pick up that amplifier and bend over to clean behind your racks! All in good health.

Speakeasy

Thanks Gentlemen!
    Avanti Audio

arc sp-11 or ls27 | arc d130 | vpi classic 2 w/periphery ring w/Si3N4 bearing & sapphire thrust plate & 2x jmw 10.5i | phoenix engineering eagle & road runner | ortofon cadenza bronze, miyajima zero mono | sentec eq11 w/ Sylvania 5751 TMBP & CBS 7318 | auditorium a23 | canton ref 9 dc | 2x m&k v125 | oppo bdp-95 | chord qutest | lumin d1 & sbooster | avanti audio vivace cables

Congrats Mike and everyone! It's been a quick 4 years. We have a great forum and community going. Looks forward to celebrating another 4!

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

+1000!
    Main System: Krell MD-2 CD turntable, Aurender N100H, Bryston BDA-3, VPI Prime, Allnic 1201, D'Agostino Momentum Preamp and Stereo Amp, Wilson Sasha 2, JL CR-1, JL F110 (2), Klaudio RCM.
    Headphone System: Woo WA22, Woo WA8, Audeze LCD-3, Sennheiser HD800S, Enigma Dharma D1000, Focal Elear, A&K AK320, JH Audio JH16, Noble K10.
    Bedroom System: Krell S-1000, Krell KST-100, ProAc Signature 50, Oppo BDP-93, Squeezebox Transporter.
    Museum: Son of Ampzilla, Usher BE-718, Infinity Black Widow, Hafler DH-101, Theta DS Pro Basic, Micro Seiki BL51 w/Eminent Technology II tonearm.

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)

I also want to thank all of our members. You make my job easy by respecting each other and treating everyone here with kindness and dignity. It's a great forum because the members here can disagree, and yet never let it lead to personal bashing. Ours is a hobby that we feel passionate about, and it's all too easy to get in a heated argument with someone that disagrees with you. But by being civil to each other, the people here rise to the occasion and show how a forum should be!

Thanks to Mike for starting such a great place to hang out, and for having a vision of what a forum should be!
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs XP32......incoming
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

Mike.......You have built a fine audio community here with Audio Shark. It is an informative, entertaining, and fun forum. Job well done.
    Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

What makes this site so unique and valuable is the participation of its members and the focus being kept on what we all really care about, the music we love and how to achieve a better connection to it through our playback systems. We all may have different listening priorities and preferences and there is no right or wrong way of achieving them, everyone here is truly welcomed and their opinions are respected. None of the bickering, endless debates and finger pointing as on most of the other audio sites. Great job and sincere thanks to Mike, Joe and Mark!

Mike-As we watch another audio forum we both know well implode, everyone needs to be thankful that AS is a completely different type of forum. Mike doesn't allow blowhard know-it-alls to come on his forum and try and take it over. People touting gear they have never heard and guaranteeing the sound they never heard will beat systems that they never heard either that cost 3x more than the other system they are touting that they have never heard. And I'm not kidding one bit. That is the kind of nonsense that goes on in some other forums. Mix that in with a bunch of people who basically don't like each other and have no problem telling people they have seen their mother on Main Street with a mattress strapped to her back and you get the idea.

Thankfully, Mike runs a clean forum where people just generally get along better and behave. There is much to be said for that.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

The example stated above is unbelievable but true - that site has become the equivalent of a fatal roadside crash that you can't even begin to comprehend!

Audioshark

Mark/Bill - yes, my inbox has been filling up with people sending me links to that place. I've been taking a look over there the past couple of days to see what was up and I'm shocked to say the least. I think your post Mark sums it up nicely.

Anyway, we haven't been without our share of challenges over the years either, but with the help of my wonderful moderators and great members, we've kept things on the straight and narrow for the most part. We just won't remind anyone about the, uhmm...shall we say, strong discussions (including mine) with our good friends at Lampizator Hate to say it, but they were right about the Lampizator, I just can't tell them that, so shhhh...

Like an old friend it is great to wander by AS and see old friends briefly who provide biased and unbiased opinions at almost anytime. Info comes free of charge and is based on passion not $$$$.
    All thanks to Mike and his great Moderators and members.
    thnx very much,
    Nick
    Nick

Main system :TAD CR1 speakers, Viola Labs Symphony amp,Pass XP-20 preamp., MSB Discrete DAC with twin power supplies and V2 Renderer module, Gigafoil V4 inline ethernet filter with uptone LPS-1 power supply with Ghent audio Gotham 2.1mm to 2.5mm cable and AG diamond ethernet cable, Sonicorbitor Roon Audiophile 6 TB network server-player , MG Audio Design Planus III jumpers & speaker cables, Zitron Cobra power cords, Shunyata Hydra AV, and acoustic zen absolute copper IC,. Room treatment ASC tower traps, Vicoustic absorber premium cinema wall and ceiling panels, and MSR acoustic trifusser side wall panel

Ain't too bad. Thanks Mike.
    System 1: Matrix Element M -> Sugden A21se -> Klipsch Cornwall 3.

System 2: Matrix Element X -> Exposure 3510 -> Heco Direkt.

Agree with everyone else, this is a great forum enjoy my time here reading learning and listening to music
    a big plus at the end of the day. I have learned alot in the past few years. thanks Mike, Joe and Mark
    Kevin

Mike your site has had very few problems compared to others I hope that we all keep it that way.
    Lyra Atlas, tri-planner, clear audio statement, Burmester 100, Ayre KXR20, Ayre MXR20, Ayre DX5, Adept Response line conditioner, Ayre signature interconnects, Cardas clear power cables,cardas clear speaker cables and Martin Logan CLX with Decenti subs with Cardas hex link.
    Not in use Infinity QLS and Ohm F

I have to agree with all posts so far. I also like the fact that the measurement trolls haven't arrived and start challenging people to take their moronic tests to prove our hearing is delusional and we are easily fooled.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

I really enjoy hanging out here. Thanks All!
    Living Room System: Mac Mini > PS Audio PWD MKII/ Marantz TT-15 Turntable w/ Ortofon Cadenza Bronze> Musical Fidelity LX2LPS> Primaluna Dialogue Premium> Klipsch Forte III

Mike, I think you set the tone with your discussions. AS is a quality forum.
    Dreams of bright shiny objects...
    ATC SCM7 Mk3 / NAD 218 THX / Luxman TP-117 / Sony CA70ES / Technics SL-6 + Ortofon OMP 30

Quote Originally Posted by JGlacken View Post
    Thanks to all for sharing all your knowledge!

... this in my opinion is what it's all about, sharing. With the sharing comes camaraderie & familiarity that morphs into an extended family & all of that family has their own angle on the sound & the looks of a certain component etc. If someone doesn't like the look of something, thats their prerogative, at least we are above kicking the shite out of them for it. I am proud to say I am a member of this site & value my time here, thanks to all & every one of you.

I am also very grateful for this site, thanks!
    Tannoy Canterbury SE's, Nottingham Analog Studio Space 294/12"Anna arm/Grado Gold1, Ah! Njoe Toeb 4000, MF M1DAC, AVA Transcendance 8+ pre,
    Bottlehead 300B Paramount monoblocs, PL Prologue 5, Decware Zen Torii MK3, Odyssey Stratos, Stillpoint Mini's

I do not post much but this is the forum I visit everyday. Glad to have found this site and very grateful of all the knowledge and civility here.

Nice words, true words.
    Indeed one fells confortable here...
    HiFi: Moon 180MIND Bryston BDA2 Bryston BP17 Phono MC275 CE JBL 4430 (crossover redone)
    Technics SL 1200 G with NAGAOKA MP 500
    HT: Yamaha 3050 JBL 4425 (L/R) Homegrown JBL center and SVS PB2000

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Thank you