Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Searching for an Integrated with DAC

I am searching for an integrated amplifier and the list of possibles is astonishingly short. I know I have a lot of criteria but that is what I need to get me to open my wallet and take out my plastic. Have I missed any possibilities? Thanks for any suggestions and information on performance.

Criteria:
    SS or small signal tubes only
    DAC included
    No more than 40 pounds
    MSRP < $12,000
    Excellent performance

Amps I have considered (in alphabetical order):
    Devialet 200
    JRDG Continuum S2
    MicroMega M-One 150 (not available yet)

Re: Searching for an Integrated with DAC

Hegel H360 (a bit heavier at 45lbs), or H160. Everything else, check.

darTZeel LHC-208. By far the best you'll find at this category (integrated with DAC). MSRP is $15k, though.

Both have DACs with all sorts of inputs, *plus* a network streamer built-in.

Since you're in Cali, perhaps we can help...

cheers,
    alex

Quote Originally Posted by asiufy View Post
    Hegel H360 (a bit heavier at 45lbs), or H160. Everything else, check.

darTZeel LHC-208. By far the best you'll find at this category (integrated with DAC). MSRP is $15k, though.

Both have DACs with all sorts of inputs, *plus* a network streamer built-in.

Since you're in Cali, perhaps we can help...

cheers,
    alex
    +1 on the dart LHC-208. I've spent a good amount of time listening to it and it's superb sounding; as a preamp using an outboard phono stage it was excellent......the amplifier is really really good, and the dac is also outstanding.

and swiss built like a tank.

Audioshark

What speakers?
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Spec integrated amp, tubelike
    Avantgarde Zero 1 XD
    Aurender N100H
    Oppo BDP - 105D
    Sony A8F 65“ Drop dead gorgeous picture.

Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

Thanks guys.

Dartzeel: I could raise my price for exceptional performance. Website has no information. What are they thinking? Please tell me it comes in other colors.

Spec: Fairly obscure company. I can't find an integrated on their website.

Mark Levinson 585: Almost twice my max weight limit and over twice my preferred weight. 585 is 72 pounds for the unit and 96 pounds shipped. My goal is weight reduction and system simplification not herniation and disc rupture. Not to mention my wobbly knee.

Hegel 360: Possible but my 40 pound max was already stretching what I preferred. I will keep this on on my possibles list but not high on the list due to weight.

A less expensive but still heavy (60lbs) option is magnum dynalab's md309 integrated with DAC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzie View Post
    Thanks guys.

Dartzeel: I could raise my price for exceptional performance. Website has no information. What are they thinking? Please tell me it comes in other colors.

Mark Levinson 585: Almost twice my max weight limit and over twice my preferred weight. 585 is 72 pounds for the unit and 96 pounds shipped. My goal is weight reduction and system simplification not herniation and disc rupture. Not to mention my wobbly knee.

Hegel 360: Possible but my 40 pound max was already stretching what I preferred. I will keep this on on my possibles list but not high on the list due to weight.
    These are all integrated amps: http://spec-corp.co.jp/e/audio/RSA-F33EX/index.html
    http://spec-corp.co.jp/e/audio/RSA-717EX/index.html

Specs on the Dartzeel here:
    http://www.absolutesounds.com/pdf/ma...N1015_4web.pdf

But no DAC.

Thanks guys.

They cant keep up with supply.

I know the owner well and have been to his house several times. The product is a killer. Nuff said.
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    They cant keep up with supply.

I know the owner well and have been to his house several times. The product is a killer. Nuff said.
    Norman, They = Who?

Light in weight and flexible design:

Gato - http://www.gato-audio.com/list_integratedamps.php
    Avanti Audio

arc sp-11 or ls27 | arc d130 | vpi classic 2 w/periphery ring w/Si3N4 bearing & sapphire thrust plate & 2x jmw 10.5i | phoenix engineering eagle & road runner | ortofon cadenza bronze, miyajima zero mono | sentec eq11 w/ Sylvania 5751 TMBP & CBS 7318 | auditorium a23 | canton ref 9 dc | 2x m&k v125 | oppo bdp-95 | chord qutest | lumin d1 & sbooster | avanti audio vivace cables

Norman, They = Who?
    The company Dartzeel.
    Dream gear.
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    The company Dartzeel.
    Dream gear.
    It may sound like a dream, but looks like a nightmare:
    Attached Images Attached Images

It looks much better in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by jap View Post

Must agree, what was Dartzeel thinking?

Dizzie, the new integrated with DAC will be driving what speakers?
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

My thoughts too. Looks like a bad acid trip when someone dropped the soap in the shower!

If low weight is very important, nothing can beat the Devialet.

Other options would be the Chord CPM 2800 mk2 (Hugo/2Qute DAC inside)

http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/pr...info.asp?id=55

Or the Bladelius Thor Mk3 Novitas, but it's over 40 lbs.

http://www.bladelius.com/products/bl...or-mk-iii.html

There certainly are nothing like Blue Circle integrated amplifiers in the high-end world: http://www.bluecircle.com/page158.html. Hand made by the designer using point-to-point wiring, hand made stepped mechanical attenuator. It meets your weight requirement but has no DAC. At under $5,000, you'd have enough to buy an Auralic Vega or one of the exaSound products. Let's face it, the DAC onboard an integrated is going to be a cost burden for the manufacturer and won't stand up to stand-alone units. Has there ever been a time when a DAC can make a bigger difference. (Maybe the early days of CD?) Of course, the Devialet is a miracle of design and innovation.
    Magico M2
    AMG V12 (Teatro cart)
    Lampizator Atlantic Plus DSD512
    Aesthetix Calypso Signature Preamp
    Luxman C-900u Preamp
    Auorasound VIDA (phono-stage)
    Parasound JC 1+ monos
    Aurender N100h
    Nordost Frey 2
    HRS, Rix Rax

I reviewed the first iteration of the Blue Circle DAR many moons ago. It was a great piece, and Gilbert was a great character (and I mean character!!) to work with.

Two others which are rated as Giant Killers that you might want to research are...

Wyred 4 Sound.... have gotten The Absolute Sound Editer's Choice award the previous 3 years... fit your criteria accept much lower budget... also built here in California... Atascadero.... https://www.wyred4sound.com/products

Another being the Goldmund (from Switzerland) Job Integrated.... http://www.jobsys.com/index.htm. Goldmund only sells the Job line straight factory direct...

Just a couple thoughts....
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Wyred 4 Sound ISO Recovery, DC Recovery | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Jotunheim 2 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

“One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Thanks everybody. I am paying attention.

I am rethinking the DAC requirement. It makes a lot of sense to not include a DAC but some manufacturers have done an excellent job of incorporating a DAC and enjoy system synergies.

Low weight is important, but not the lowest weight.

Performance "outweighs" weight.

Current speakers are Quad ESL-2805s. Second pair TBD.
    I look forward to attending T.H.E. Show Newport Beach and spending some money.

Banned

Here's another one:

http://vinnierossi.com/lio-integrated-mosfet-amplifier/

Well if you don't need the built in DAC then that opens up the flagship Wyred 4 Sound. At only about $3000 they are amazing built and sounding. I recently purchased their pre-amp and it is the best sounding pre-amp I have ever heard. 6Moons was directly comparing against Esoteric at 6-7 times their price.

I was at their factory when I picked up my pre-amp and I can assure you they are hand made in the United States. They even are backed with 5 year warranties.

their customer service is beyond amazing... I had a quick question, sent an e-mail and received a response back within a half an hour.... and THEY ACTUALLY ANSWER THEIR PHONE ...
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Wyred 4 Sound ISO Recovery, DC Recovery | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Jotunheim 2 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

“One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
    Well if you don't need the built in DAC then that opens up the flagship Wyred 4 Sound. At only about $3000 they are amazing built and sounding. I recently purchased their pre-amp and it is the best sounding pre-amp I have ever heard. 6Moons was directly comparing against Esoteric at 6-7 times their price.

I was at their factory when I picked up my pre-amp and I can assure you they are hand made in the United States. They even are backed with 5 year warranties.

their customer service is beyond amazing... I had a quick question, sent an e-mail and received a response back within a half an hour.... and THEY ACTUALLY ANSWER THEIR PHONE ...
    Thanks Randy, Plus they are coming out with a new Statement Series.

I was not aware of the Statement Series.... where did you find out about this? I am interested in the headphone amp they are coming out with later this year ... So far I have been very impressed with the pre-amp... and it is not even broken in yet ...

I like made in US and like made in my back yard even better .... I was surprised when I started researching them and then found out that I drive right by their factory on my way to work....

― Neil deGrasse Tyson

I just looked up the statement series. Looks good! Sounds like a no brainer to me.... you should get the statement series when they come out, or if you can't wait grab the STP-SE and the ST 500 mkII .... well in your budget and the best sound/built you can probably get in your budget ....

And if you don't want to wait you can place your order and make a trip down to the Central Coast a few days later and pick it up yourself ....

― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
    I just looked up the statement series. Looks good! Sounds like a no brainer to me.... you should get the statement series when they come out, or if you can't wait grab the STP-SE and the ST 500 mkII .... well in your budget and the best sound/built you can probably get in your budget ....

And if you don't want to wait you can place your order and make a trip down to the Central Coast a few days later and pick it up yourself ....
    Picture here: http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/20...kef-blade-two/

Yea, that is one of the ones I found.... and as a KEF fan from way back ....... match made in heaven... best soundstage I have ever heard in a pre-amp... just like the Goldmund.... and KEF.... holy crap... W4S is great sounding great built gear!

― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by bzr View Post
    My thoughts too. Looks like a bad acid trip when someone dropped the soap in the shower!
    I am pretty confident that it will slaughter all others mentioned in this thread. Nuff said.
    NORMAN

The ModWright KWI-200 is a great sounding integrated and has options for DAC and/or Phono preamp built in.
    McIntosh MC501s, XRT29s, XR27, WS350s
    ModWright LS 300 preamplifier
    ModWright PH 9.0XT phono stage
    Oppo UDP-205 with ModWright Signature Truth Tube Modifications
    Cambridge Audio CXNv2 with ModWright Truth Tube Modifications
    Clearaudio Performance SE TT with Hana ML MC cartridge
    Outlaw 7000x HT Amplifier
    Denon AVR-X4700H HT Receiver (pre-amp mode)
    JL Audio F113 subs with CR-1 Crossover
    ASC & RealTraps Panels; APS PurePower 2000; Daedalus Audio DiDs
    WyWires, LAT International, Wireworld Cables

Quote Originally Posted by JJinID View Post
    The ModWright KWI-200 is a great sounding integrated and has options for DAC and/or Phono preamp built in.
    It weighs 55 pounds. If I could handle that much weight I could keep my current amps.

Another option at $9.5k and 32 lbs, no DAC inside though, would be the T+A PA2500R.

The Karan Acoustic KA-i 180 MK II is pretty damned nice. It's musical, powerful, bodes well with numerous loudspeaker types, and is transparent enough to show you what's really going on. The only downside? No DAC, and it breaches your 40lb "limit" by a literal couple lbs.

Audioshark

Dizzy - this would be my pick:

http://micromega.com/en/products/m1-range/

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

It weighs 55 pounds. If I could handle that much weight I could keep my current amps.
    Ok, you are right. I didn't remember it being quite that heavy when I auditioned it. Of course I'm used to lugging around my MC501s...

Banned

Special on the Micromega AS-400:

http://www.underwoodhifi.com/specials

Special on the Micromega AS-400:

http://www.underwoodhifi.com/specials
    That looks like a terrific deal!

That's just.. disgusting.

And why not a Bryston 135 sst3 ?
    HiFi: Moon 180MIND Bryston BDA2 Bryston BP17 Phono MC275 CE JBL 4430 (crossover redone)
    Technics SL 1200 G with NAGAOKA MP 500
    HT: Yamaha 3050 JBL 4425 (L/R) Homegrown JBL center and SVS PB2000

Quote Originally Posted by jahjahlove View Post
    And why not a Bryston 135 sst3 ?
    jahjahlove, Thank you. That is another possibility.

jahjahlove, Thank you. That is another possibility.
    And the new 135 will have the new SST3 circuitry but the cosmetics will stay the same.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

That Bryston integrated looks pretty interesting!

Banned

The Chrome One:

http://hifipig.com/aaron-the-chrome-...d-amplifier-3/

Audioshark

Reminds me of Madonna.

The Moon 700i looks nice

2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Reminds me of Madonna.

That is too funny!

― Neil deGrasse Tyson

If you want to save a lot of money and carry the amp in one hand, the NAD D3020 is $399. I have one for my second system. Very nice.

Larry
    Analog-VPIClassic3-3DArm,Lyra Skala+MiyajimaZeroMono,2xAmpex ATR-102,Otari MX5050B2, Merrill Trident Tape Preamp, Herron VTPH-2A&BottleheadPhonoPre,
    Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicroso nicsModel2 AD
    Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC Roon/HQPlayer,Oppo105
    Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps
    Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
    Other-512 Engineering Tim Marutani Symmetrical Power IsoTrans and cables,AudioDiskVinylCleaner,
    Music-2.3KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,60TBripped files

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Searching for an Integrated with DAC