Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Shindo's "accessories" in test.

Hello folks,

Now that I have Shindo inspired speakers to go with my Shindo set up, it is logical to try the "surroundings" of the sytem and thanks to my new friend Charles, who had a huge Shindo collection, I can try some stuff at home.

As some of you may have read, the A23 speaker cable was far from a good match between my amps and speakers. I do prefer clearly the WireWorld mini Eclipse 7 for its more natural and full sound.

I am now trying the Shindo IC modulation cable between my Giscours preamp and the CCQs amps. Instead of my WireWorld Silver Eclipse 6.
    I have to use Neutrik XLR - RCA adapters between the Giscours and the cable because Charles let me a RCA- RCA cable. I know that this may be far from ideal but honestly, I am not sure if I could hear the effect of these adapters. Neutrik is very...neutral. Of course If I buy the cable, I will have it soldered with XLR connectors.

First impressions are EXTREMELY positive.
    The amps seem to be like "liberated". There is much more life in the presentation and the treble is more sparkling without any stridence or harshness. The sound gained transparency and weight. And AIR !! So much air and breathing between the instruments.
    This is truly amazing. I never heard so much difference between cables. Obviously these electronics are just made to work with those cables. So now I will have to buy also Shindo cables between my TT and the A23 Hommage and between the A23 and the pre !
    Ouch !! I am already hearing my wallet crying.

Next to come : try out of the Mister T.
    Shindo, Nagra, Electrocompaniet, Harbeth, AMR, Mc Intosh, Auditorium 23, Rega, DeVore, JC Verdier, WireWorld, Kimber

Re: Shindo's "accessories" in test.

I don't see shindo interconnects in the photo Jerome?
    Chris

Garrard 301, SME 2012r, EMT TSD15, A23 T2 Hommage SUT, Shindo Montille, Shindo Aurieges, Shindo ICs and Auditorium Speaker Cables, Auditorium A23 Hommage 755a Speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cucumber_jones View Post
    I don't see shindo interconnects in the photo Jerome?
    The cable connected to the XLR / RCA adapters is Shindo's. Between the preamp and the amps.
    Shindo, Nagra, Electrocompaniet, Harbeth, AMR, Mc Intosh, Auditorium 23, Rega, DeVore, JC Verdier, WireWorld, Kimber

those do not look like any shindo ICs I have ever seen. The ones in your photo look like they are gold and the pattern does not match the RCAs that shindo uses..

Attached Images Attached Images
    Chris

Garrard 301, SME 2012r, EMT TSD15, A23 T2 Hommage SUT, Shindo Montille, Shindo Aurieges, Shindo ICs and Auditorium Speaker Cables, Auditorium A23 Hommage 755a Speakers.

Chris, from what I know, Shindo changed the RCA plugs a few times over the years. The cables I am trying were bought to Shindo in Japan more than 15 years ago.

Interesting. The description of the sonics match Shindo. The photos of the cables sure don't look like Shindo.
    Chris

Interesting. The description of the sonics match Shindo. The photos of the cables sure don't look like Shindo.
    Chris,

Now I remember that Charles told me that he changed the connectors. I do not remember why. I will ask him.
    You can be assured that the cable is a genuine Shindo. You can even ask Shindo. They know Charles Sabbah pretty well.

BTW, Charles also has Shindo speaker cable to sell ( he sold all his Shindo gear and he is building a little system ). I will have to try it.
    The price is a bit disturbing though.
    Do you know the price in the US for a 1 meter pair of speaker cable ? Charles wants 2800 euros for a 2 x4meters or 4700 euros for 2 x 7.88 meters.

I do not know how much they are here. They are a lot of money I know that.

If I were you I would not buy ones that need adapters and I would not buy ones that have had the RCAs changed. I would buy real proper if possible.
    Chris

I do not know how much they are here. They are a lot of money I know that.

If I were you I would not buy ones that need adapters and I would not buy ones that have had the RCAs changed. I would buy real proper if possible.
    Chris,
    Charles also has the original Switchcraft plugs so I will be able to resolder them.

those do not look like any shindo ICs I have ever seen. The ones in your photo look like they are gold and the pattern does not match the RCAs that shindo uses..

Those look like Switchcraft RCA connectors.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    Those look like Switchcraft RCA connectors.
    Yes, that is what Shindo uses.
    Chris

Yes, that is what Shindo uses.
    Interesting because they are dirt cheap. Not saying they aren't good connectors because I used them years ago, but they are cheap.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    Interesting because they are dirt cheap. Not saying they aren't good connectors because I used them years ago, but they are cheap.
    Ken tested many connectors and decided that switchcraft were the best for what he was trying to accomplish. I have Shindo cables and I am very very happy with what he accomplished. It is very well known that he uses switchcraft, both male and female connectors. It is heavily discouraged to use any non-switchcraft male RCA with Shindo as the female connectors can be easily damaged with RCAs that are too large.

I am happy with this as Ken wanted to create systems with his vision. So using the cables that were picked to go with the system just makes sensed to me.

Note that Keith at A23 Auditorium also uses both male and female switchcraft RCAs.
    Chris

I am now trying the Mr. T.
    Although not in ideal conditions. Because my Shindo power cables are with euro schucko plugs. So I need euro to US adapters. The best would be to find these Hirakawa power cords with the US plug. I found many of Hirakawa cables on the web but not exactly the ones that Shindo uses
    And since the adapters are too bulky, I have to plug all my Shindo gear into a power bar which goes into the Mr. T !
    Yes I know. Far from what Mr. Shindo had in mind when he designed the Mr. T but that is my only option for now.
    I like the sound a lot. But for now I could not say if there are audible differences with or without the T. I will need time.
    Anyway the unit is so gorgeous and it seems so "logical" to use it with Shindo gear, that I am buying it.

The Wireworld cables are from my sources ( dac, TT...).
    All the Shindo gear with their Shindo cables are going into a power bar that goes into the Mr. T with the white adapter.

Nice Mr T. My understanding is you should not run digital through the same mr t as your pre and power amp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Chris

Nice Mr T. My understanding is you should not run digital through the same mr t as your pre and power amp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Oh ok Chris.
    Well. Charles has two Mr. Ts to sell. So you just made me a bit less wealthy !

What about the TT motor ?
    In the same Mr. T as digital or with the amps ?

My first impressions are that the Mr. T improves the refinement of the timbres. I cannot hear any difference in dynamics. But clearly the timbres are a bit more natural.
    The sound overall seems to flow more easily than with my conditioner. There is no difference in the background noise, which anyway stays very low with Shindo no matter where you plug them.
    The improvement with the Mr. T is light though. I will buy it along with Shindo cables ( the Shindo cable sounds better to me than my WireWorld Silver Eclipse 6) to go as close as I can to the Shindo sound. I will also try the speaker cable.

Does Shindo make a particular phono cable or is it always the same silver cable ?

Same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome W View Post
    Chris,

Now I remember that Charles told me that he changed the connectors. I do not remember why. I will ask him.
    You can be assured that the cable is a genuine Shindo. You can even ask Shindo. They know Charles Sabbah pretty well.

BTW, Charles also has Shindo speaker cable to sell ( he sold all his Shindo gear and he is building a little system ). I will have to try it.
    The price is a bit disturbing though.
    Do you know the price in the US for a 1 meter pair of speaker cable ? Charles wants 2800 euros for a 2 x4meters or 4700 euros for 2 x 7.88 meters.
    Jerome, someone else may have told you by now, but those are pretty good prices for Shindo speaker cable.
    Craig

Listening Room:
    Shindo Vosne Romanee and Haut Brion, Shindo Alnico 604's, Fostex T90A's, slate Lenco TT, Schick tonearm, Bob's Devices 1311, PS Audio DirectStream, Naim CD5, Sonos, Shindo IC's and wire, WE wire
    On loan - in a buddy's man cave: Almarro a205a, Sonos, Rega Juras
    HT: McCormack MAP1 and HT3, Manaplaner CC2 and MC1's, REL, Cambridge DacMagic, Sonos

Quote Originally Posted by kev313 View Post
    Same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Kev !

I am now using Shindo IC's all the way, with Shindo speaker cables and 2 x Mr. T's.
    I do love the result a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome W View Post
    Thanks Kev !

I am now using Shindo IC's all the way, with Shindo speaker cables and 2 x Mr. T's.
    I do love the result a lot.
    I just received a custom made Shindo DIN to RCA phono cable to use with the AMG. That keeps it all Shindo between the arm and the Giscours. (Except what is wired inside the AMG arm and inside the Lyra Erodion SUT.) Great results, too.
    Bill

Shindo Giscours
    Shindo Western Electric 300b
    Shinoo Petite Latour (FC)
    AMG Viella V12 Etna (Erodion) and Teatro (Bob's Sky @ 1:20)
    Lumin S1

Devialet 200
    Aries
    Harbeth C7

Yep, thats old Switchcraft.

Attached Images Attached Images

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team