Any vintage Denon turntable owners here? - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any vintage Denon turntable owners here?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I've got a Denon Dp-62L that I bought from the original owner about four years ago in near mint condition. It was was replaced by an even rarer JVC QL-Y7 but it is still around until I decide to sell it or put it back in rotation. The current manufacturers are still trying to figure out how to replicate the DD motor stability from the peak of Japanese TT manufacturing. That has been replaced by fancy plinths and space age tonearm materials with inferior motor systems. It's the reason that Technic's turntables are back and they were nowhere near the cutting edge in that era, but they still had the ability to re-start production while the other leaders in the field did not.
    Seriously? You don't think the SP-10 MKII and MKIII were at the cutting edge of DD tables when they were being manufactured and sold?
    Technics SP-10MKII table in custom plinth with custom power supply made by Peter Noerbaek of PBN, SME 312s arm, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, laptop music server running JRiver 20, Mytek Stereo 192 DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, NOLA KO speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and a pair of Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Post Thanks / Like

Mark

I am well aware of the technical merits of the Technics "professional" line of DD tables, but that is not what the average consumer equates with the Technics brand and not what they started their re-entry to the field with. Instead they started with their "famous" model from the SL line most consumers saw and used. Many of the other Japanese brands of that era also had "professional and broadcast" models that rarely saw the light of day in the US.

OBTW, congrats on you retirement and move.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Vista Audio Phono 2, Marantz HD-CD1, Lumin D1 w/Sbooster, PS Audio DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II, BHK Preamp with BHK 250 amp/Rogue ST-100, Nola KO's, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Dueland IC's and SC, Triode Wire Labs PC's, Equi=Core 1800, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, W4S Recovery with iPower, Nuprime DAC-10, Nuprime ST-10, Spatial Audio Triode Master, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Mark

I am well aware of the technical merits of the Technics "professional" line of DD tables, but that is not what the average consumer equates with the Technics brand and not what they started their re-entry to the field with. Instead they started with their "famous" model from the SL line most consumers saw and used. Many of the other Japanese brands of that era also had "professional and broadcast" models that rarely saw the light of day in the US.

OBTW, congrats on you retirement and move.
    Thanks. Things are coming together nicely and we love our new home and location. The new SP-10 that Technics is bringing to market now is supposed to be an improvement upon the SP-10 MKIII and we all know what they have been selling for on the used market. Those prices might fall apart now that the new table will be available.
    Technics SP-10MKII table in custom plinth with custom power supply made by Peter Noerbaek of PBN, SME 312s arm, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, laptop music server running JRiver 20, Mytek Stereo 192 DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, NOLA KO speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and a pair of Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad things are working out for you in the new situation. Are you still happy with the KO's in the new room? I've been kind of considering changing from time to time but wonder how much it would cost to do much better unless I went in a different direction all together like the AG's.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Vista Audio Phono 2, Marantz HD-CD1, Lumin D1 w/Sbooster, PS Audio DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II, BHK Preamp with BHK 250 amp/Rogue ST-100, Nola KO's, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Dueland IC's and SC, Triode Wire Labs PC's, Equi=Core 1800, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, W4S Recovery with iPower, Nuprime DAC-10, Nuprime ST-10, Spatial Audio Triode Master, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

Where did this thread go ?
    == Joe ==

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph R. View Post
    Where did this thread go ?
    id love to get my hands on a nice vintage denon table. my buddy who moved a few years ago had one, i tried to buy it off him, but he took it with him.
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Rega/Ortofon/Viva 300b/KR

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Petro85 View Post
    id love to get my hands on a nice vintage denon table. my buddy who moved a few years ago had one, i tried to buy it off him, but he took it with him.
    I can understand how you feel, I have 4 Denon TT, (2) DP-52F, a DP-59L, and a DP-61F, all are running Denon MC cartridges...I have been very happy with the Denon brand for many a year. My first table was a DP-52F (still have that table) that I bought in 1982...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2