Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Ubiq Model One speakers

Did anybody get a chance to listen to these speakers? Mono & Stereo Audio Magazine gave them a glowing review.
    They look beautiful and are made to high standards.
    Joe

Main: Jay's Audio CDT2mk.2 transport & Audio Mirror tubadour III SE DAC, Lyra Kleos SL Cartridge, VPI Classic III with 3D tone arm, K&K Audio premium maxxed-out phonostage, Supratek Sauvignon (highly modded) Tube preamp, Coincident Speaker Tech 300b Frankenstein mk.2 mono blocks, First Watt SIT-3 amp, Horning Eufrodite Ellipse speakers, PurePower 1500+,PI Audio DigiBuss

Re: Ubiq Model One speakers

Quote Originally Posted by jbtrio View Post
    Did anybody get a chance to listen to these speakers? Mono & Stereo Audio Magazine gave them a glowing review.
    They look beautiful and are made to high standards.
    Hi Jbitro,

I am the most happy owner of this beatifull pair of speakers. To me personally these are the most entertaining and involving yet not ear insulting pair of speaker I have ever heard. I've had many well praised and known brands (ATC, PMC, Sonus Faber, B&W, etc etc) on my shortlist, but after several hours of listening to these beatuties decision was immediate. I am currently re-listening to my whole discography + zillions of CD's from loseless Tidal service, with the widest possible smile on my face. Model one are also so incredibelly universal that it can please at the same time setisfy the most demanding classical fans, accoustic jazz listeners as well as wildest live of studio rock pieces.

Sound stage is huge, bass is endless yet controlled mid and upper mid section exactly it should be.

I have heard them on Ubiq native Amp with DAC, Hegel H 360 and 160 and even small Arcam amp. They are (surprisingly) all coping with the speakers well, so it's really up to your budget and sound taste ahich one to chose. My first shot would be Hegel H360, which is an unmatchable bargain!

Plus dont forget- wallnut edition has a very high wife acceptance factor (proven) :-)

So in short: I am highly recommending an audition at your nearest distributor.

My best regards, M

...Plus design, chosen components as well as craftmanship of Model one is unbeatable for the price! Only top components (drivers, crossover, cabinet construction, even the specially sellected weneer oil...). I have not seen the speakes that smell so beautifull before :-)

Super Moderator

Welcome the forum Acme01, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Laufer Teknik just picked up Ubiq for US distribution. Not on the website yet.

http://lauferteknik.com/

Thanks Amce01,
    I have an audition lined up with Brett at Audio 202 in NJ once they come back from CES.
    Looking forward to hear them!
    Joe

Main: Jay's Audio CDT2mk.2 transport & Audio Mirror tubadour III SE DAC, Lyra Kleos SL Cartridge, VPI Classic III with 3D tone arm, K&K Audio premium maxxed-out phonostage, Supratek Sauvignon (highly modded) Tube preamp, Coincident Speaker Tech 300b Frankenstein mk.2 mono blocks, First Watt SIT-3 amp, Horning Eufrodite Ellipse speakers, PurePower 1500+,PI Audio DigiBuss

Quote Originally Posted by Acme01 View Post
    Hi Jbitro,

I am the most happy owner of this beatifull pair of speakers. To me personally these are the most entertaining and involving yet not ear insulting pair of speaker I have ever heard. I've had many well praised and known brands (ATC, PMC, Sonus Faber, B&W, etc etc) on my shortlist, but after several hours of listening to these beatuties decision was immediate. I am currently re-listening to my whole discography + zillions of CD's from loseless Tidal service, with the widest possible smile on my face. Model one are also so incredibelly universal that it can please at the same time setisfy the most demanding classical fans, accoustic jazz listeners as well as wildest live of studio rock pieces.

Sound stage is huge, bass is endless yet controlled mid and upper mid section exactly it should be.

I have heard them on Ubiq native Amp with DAC, Hegel H 360 and 160 and even small Arcam amp. They are (surprisingly) all coping with the speakers well, so it's really up to your budget and sound taste ahich one to chose. My first shot would be Hegel H360, which is an unmatchable bargain!

Plus dont forget- wallnut edition has a very high wife acceptance factor (proven) :-)

So in short: I am highly recommending an audition at your nearest distributor.

My best regards, M
    Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for bringing these speakers to our attention. I hadn't heard of them prior to your post. They certainly look interesting. Could you tell us what size room you are using these in? How close to the walls are they? What kind of electronics especially the amplifier type and wattage. Can you share pricing info?

Many thanks and enjoy the great music!

Quote Originally Posted by jbtrio View Post
    Thanks Amce01,
    I have an audition lined up with Brett at Audio 202 in NJ once they come back from CES.
    Looking forward to hear them!
    Have you heard them yet?

I saw them recently. For a first product from a new manufacturer, it was well designed and made, with an attractive combination of wood/paint, metal and cloth. Depending on the combination chosen, it would suit modern or traditional interiors.

From a brief listen, it sounded quite natural, with a speed, immediacy and presence that reminded me of Avantgardes. This puzzled me until I learnt that the owner of Ubiq is the distributor of Avantgardes (and Sonus Faber, hence the string grilles) in Slovenia and even has a pair of Trios.

Quote Originally Posted by No Regrets View Post

Can you share pricing info?
    EUR 12,500
    USD 13,750

Great pricing but may be too low for certain potential owners...

http://www.stereophile.com/content/u...HpURwUiXD8p.97

Ubiq's Facebook page has links to various reviews. Rather positive to date.

https://www.facebook.com/UbiqAudio?_rdr=p

Rhapsody in Manhattan is the NYC dealer for Ubiq. We signed up after listening to the Model One for 5 minutes at CES, which were being driven by the Absolare integrated. Pretty amazing sounding for the price. Pretty amazing sounding regardless of price.

We will have our demo pair in our Manhattan showroom available for audition in the next few weeks. Waiting for our pair in gloss piano white with silver top surface.

Do you have any idea or details on the Ubiq Ubiquitous Amp DAC?

It is supposed to be a hybrid (tube gain stage + SS power amp) with built in DAC that is based on the Beyond Frontiers Audio Tulip integrated.

Quote Originally Posted by nfnc View Post
    Do you have any idea or details on the Ubiq Ubiquitous Amp DAC?

It is supposed to be a hybrid (tube gain stage + SS power amp) with built in DAC that is based on the Beyond Frontiers Audio Tulip integrated.
    Other than "Coming Soon" on the Ubiq website I do not believe any further information has been published. I have asked Sam, the US distributor about it, will update if I hear anything.

I talked to Sam Laufer of Laufer Teknik, the US distributor for Ubiq. Sam's current information is that the new Ubiq amp/dac is currently scheduled to debut at Munich High End Audio Show (May 5-8). Pricing will be available at that time as well. No other information is available at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by nfnc View Post
    EUR 12,500
    USD 13,750

Great pricing but may be too low for certain potential owners...

http://www.stereophile.com/content/u...HpURwUiXD8p.97

Ubiq's Facebook page has links to various reviews. Rather positive to date.

https://www.facebook.com/UbiqAudio?_rdr=p

Thank you for sharing the pricing info!

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Ubiq Model One speakers