Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Siltech Prince vs King

Hi;

I know there are a number of Siltech fans around here and I was wondering if anyone has had a change to do a comparison between the Prince and King speaker cables? I won't be able to audition either so I'm curious is there is a noticeable and immediate difference between the two or they are fairly close and the improvement is something that becomes apparent during longer auditioning sessions? I suspect there would be a high likelihood of an immediate difference between the Prince and Emperor and even more so comparing to the Crown's as the Crown, Double Crown and Triple Crown use different technology (i.e. mono crystal) compared to the Prince, King and Emperor.

I could stretch the budget and get the King but definitely can't afford to go beyond that.

Thanks
    B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2 x2, 7B-SST2 x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, Synology DS415Play NAS, Siltech 330i w/Furutech CF-601M(R)/CF-602F(R), Golden Ridge II w/Furutech CF-601M(R)/CF-602F(R) x1, Ruby Hill II w/Furutech FI-50(R)/FI-50M(R) x1, w/Furutech FI-50 NCF(R)/FI-50M NCF(R) x1, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold x1, Tonic x6, PBJ x5, Cadence x1, HD19 x2, HD19e x1, OPT-1 x1, HDSW4X1, Ixos 6003 x5, Harmony 1000, Atlantis Reference Rack 5 stand w/6th shelf, Reference A/V stand

Re: Siltech Prince vs King

So no one has been able to do a comparison?
    B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2 x2, 7B-SST2 x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, Synology DS415Play NAS, Siltech 330i w/Furutech CF-601M(R)/CF-602F(R), Golden Ridge II w/Furutech CF-601M(R)/CF-602F(R) x1, Ruby Hill II w/Furutech FI-50(R)/FI-50M(R) x1, w/Furutech FI-50 NCF(R)/FI-50M NCF(R) x1, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold x1, Tonic x6, PBJ x5, Cadence x1, HD19 x2, HD19e x1, OPT-1 x1, HDSW4X1, Ixos 6003 x5, Harmony 1000, Atlantis Reference Rack 5 stand w/6th shelf, Reference A/V stand

Quote Originally Posted by Rod#S View Post
    So no one has been able to do a comparison?
    Maybe the price of the cable is a reason nobody has done a comparison on this board.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Audioshark

Siltech Prince vs King

When it comes to Siltech, go for the best that you can afford and trust me, you'll never look back. I can't even remember all the cable brands I've had in my system, but I can tell you, none of them did what the Siltech does.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    Maybe the price of the cable is a reason nobody has done a comparison on this board.
    Could certainly be, neither of these are cheap that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    When it comes to Siltech, go for the best that you can afford and trust me, you'll never look back. I can't even remember all the cable brands I've had in my system, but I can tell you, none of them did what the Siltech does.
    But at a roughly $4k difference in price to not know if the improvement is subtle or not that's money that could be used to get a Bryston 7B-SST2 for my center channel, another Ruby Hill II, a single Prince or Princess for my center channel, etc. so I'm nervous

Audioshark

But at a roughly $4k difference in price to not know if the improvement is subtle or not that's money that could be used to get a Bryston 7B-SST2 for my center channel, another Ruby Hill II, a single Prince or Princess for my center channel, etc. so I'm nervous
    I think you just answered your own question. Siltech Prince vs King

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Problem is I want it all

Audioshark

Problem is I want it all
    I know. I never bought the Prince thinking "I should have gone up the line". I listen and think "WOW! What more could I want out of a cable?"

The way to think about Siltech cables is they are equivalent, in my opinion, to a component change. So if you think of the Prince as the Pass XS150's and the Emperor Double Crown as the XS300 or the Prince as the D'Agostino stereo and the Emperor Double Crown as the D'Agostino Mono.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know. I never bought the Prince thinking "I should have gone up the line". I listen and think "WOW! What more could I want out of a cable?"

The way to think about Siltech cables is they are equivalent, in my opinion, to a component change. So if you think of the Prince as the Pass XS150's and the Emperor Double Crown as the XS300 or the Prince as the D'Agostino stereo and the Emperor Double Crown as the D'Agostino Mono.

I run a full loom of Siltech Royal Sig Princess/Eskay Creek G6 SATT, the first one is a pain to purchase but a full loom can be a bitch. Remember that if you start with a King as SC then you should continue with Queens IC's if you want the full level experience, it can become a rather expensive journey.

Local dealer had both Princess' and Queens as demos when I tried the Princess' and I asked him what the difference was and if I could try the Queens in my system, his simple answer was if you can't afford the whole loom then just don't try them and he smiled. I've never looked back and happy as can be with the lower level Royal Sig's.
    Dan

The older I get the more I know how little I know!

What I think I'll probably do then is get the Prince initially. I actually have to get interconnects 1st as the speaker cable length I want for the Siltech's to my main L/R speakers is to short to reach my right speaker at the moment as my Bryston 28's are stacked beside my left speaker because my current Kimber PBJ's are only 1m thus just long enough to reach out in front of my rack but no more.

By getting the Prince instead of the King I could finish getting the other cables I want/need and when it comes time down the road to get Siltech SC's for my surrounds I could revisit Prince/King then. If I wanted to go King then I just move the Prince cables to my 802's and use the Kings for the 800's, the plan for the 802's has always been Prince anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSectorA View Post
    I run a full loom of Siltech Royal Sig Princess/Eskay Creek G6 SATT, the first one is a pain to purchase but a full loom can be a bitch. Remember that if you start with a King as SC then you should continue with Queens IC's if you want the full level experience, it can become a rather expensive journey.

Local dealer had both Princess' and Queens as demos when I tried the Princess' and I asked him what the difference was and if I could try them in my system, his simple answer was if you can't afford the whole loom then just don't try them and he smiled. I've never looked back and happy as can be with the lower level Royal Sig's.
    Thanks for the advice

I'm actually going to be stuck at Princess for my interconnects to my main L/R due to the length and the crazy expense that a long run entails, I'll need 5m. I think I can get away with 4m but 5m would give some wiggle room.

Once I get Bryston 7B-SST2's for my surrounds that interconnect run will be absurd in comparison to my L/R length so that run will most likely end up being 330i with a potential for 550i. 770i would be way to much money.

Someone advised me, if the cost of cables far exceeds the cost of the component, replace your component and keep your existing cables. But in your case, looking at the components that you already have, what's there to replace?
    Amps 3X Brystons 14B ST Amps
    Pre amp Bryston BP26/MPS2
    Electronic Crossover 2X Bryston 10B-LR
    Speakers PMC MB2/XBD Active
    Transport/DAC CH Precision D1 and C1 DAC
    Video Oppo BDP105
    Power cords - Shunyata Sigma HC and Sigma Analogue, Gryphon VIP Reference, Oyaide Tunami.
    Speaker cables Inakustik Air LS 2404
    Interconnects - XLR Gryphon VIP Reference
    Furutech NCF Booster Signals
    Others TAOC footers and Solidsteel Racks
    ========================
    1M dB Audio

Quote Originally Posted by hifidelitea View Post
    Someone advised me, if the cost of cables far exceeds the cost of the component, replace your component and keep your existing cables. But in your case, looking at the components that you already have, what's there to replace?
    Thanks

I'm very happy with my system so the stage I'm at now is just fine tuning and tweaking. For example I certainly don't need 3 Bryston 7B-SST2's for my center and surrounds but I've always liked the idea of monos for everything so when funds permit I'll do that. Having high end cables like the Siltech is something I've wanted to do for years but had to keep putting that off to get the major components in the system. The eventually inevitable next major component upgrade will probably be my SSP. I've had my MC-12B since 2004 so I expect at some point in the future to start experiencing reliability issues. Thus far I've only had to replace the power switch, knock on wood.

Did you ever get the cables? How did you like them, have you moved up the line?

Hi no, it still hasn't happened yet. At the end of 2016 my interest in playing guitar crept up on me as I hadn't played in years so that lead to a switching of my finances over to guitars, amps and pedals since then. I've almost purchased everything I wanted there so I'll soon be back into the home theater side of things. I'm not sure what will happen 1st though, the continuation of upgrading the interconnects and speaker cables to my 28B's and 800's or to move towards 4K and get an OLED and new SSP.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Siltech Prince vs King