Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Audience AR6-TSSOX Power Conditioner

My newly upgraded power conditioner is on its way back to me from the West Coast. I had my Audience AR6-TSS upgraded to an AR6-TSSOX.

The upgrade includes:
    - Rhodium over copper duplexes - for increased conductivity improving every aspect of sound reproduction.
    - OCC (oxygen free continuous cast) copper wiring throughout. This provides a big improvement in resolution, speed and soundstaging.
    - Gold over copper forks replacing previous tin over copper forks connecting filter capacitors to the receptacles. This provides a noticeably more refined sound.
    - A more robust copper buss bar.

I also picked up two Audience AU24SE MP power cords for my Esoteric K-01 and Soulution 520 preamp. I can't wait to hear how my system sounds with the changes.

Best,
    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Re: Audience AR6-TSSOX Power Conditioner

They are using the new Cardas duplex outlets.

http://www.cardas.com/power_outlet.php
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Hi Ken. I'm considering the upgrade as well. Please let me know once you've spent some time with it just how noticeable the difference in sound quality is...thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by La Dolce Vita View Post
    Hi Ken. I'm considering the upgrade as well. Please let me know once you've spent some time with it just how noticeable the difference in sound quality is...thanks!
    Will do. I received it and hooked it up yesterday. As all the internal wiring is new, there will be a break-in period. I'll report back in a couple of weeks on how it's sounding.

Best,
    Ken

Ken, congrats on the upgrade. Can't wait to hear how it's sounding.
    Le Roy

Austin, Tx : Soulution 520 preamp, 501 mono blocks, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D3.1, Lumin U1, Uptone Audio Modded Mac Mini w/ MMK fanless kit & JS-2 LPS, Regen, Ansuz DTC loom (complete), Oppo 105D, QNAP TS-451+

Chicagoland : Soulution 725 preamp, 711 stereo amp, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D5.1, Naim UnitiServe 2TB, Aurender W-20 Ansuz DTC later generation wire, Teac X1000 R2R, QNAP TS-451+

Foundation:
    Raidho Rack system, Ansuz DTC Mainz8, Ansuz (2) Supreme Mainz D8 Distribution, 20 amp dedicated outlets via subpanel

Great, thank you! I have 3 TSS. units and am curious to know if there is ultimately a significant improvement in performance.. Thanks again and enjoy the upgrade!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)

Congrats Ken!
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs XP32......incoming
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

Just a thought worth mentioning... Having 3 of these I always used the AU24 SE power cords. Then one day I bought an IEC to Neutrik adapter (vooDoo) $80. I the. Switched to the Ansuz power cords...first to a ceramic and then to a diamond. The improvement is nothing shy of astonishing!! Truly astonishing!

Just a thought worth mentioning... Having 3 of these I always used the AU24 SE power cords. Then one day I bought an IEC to Neutrik adapter (vooDoo) $80. I the. Switched to the Ansuz power cords...first to a ceramic and then to a diamond. The improvement is nothing shy of astonishing!! Truly astonishing!

Yes, the Ansuz Diamond Power Cord should sound significantly better than the Audience AU24SE at over five times the price.

Mainz POWER CABLES DIAMOND D 1.0 Meter $10,400
    Audience AU24SE Power Chord 3 Feet $1,950

Ken

No argument there! But... The Audience holds much of its value and the Ansuz's value isn't quite as strong on the secondary. So the gap is not that dramatic... You could try a Voo Doo Platinum Dragon and very likely get better results as well...

No argument there! But... The Audience holds much of its value and the Ansuz's value isn't quite as strong on the secondary. So the gap is not that dramatic... You could try a Voo Doo Platinum Dragon and very likely get better results as well...

I actually love the sound of my AU24SE power cords. I don't find them lacking in any area. They may not be as transparent as the Audience Diamond or the Wireworld Platinum Electra but I love their ease and musicality. It all depends on your preference.

Best,
    Ken

Amen to that Ken... I completely agree. The AU24 SE has been my reference cable for the longest time...it's only recently that I discovered a few others that really blow me away...I agree, perhaps they are a bit more transparent, and I enjoy that...not losing or giving up musicality... Nothing against AU24SE... I still use and enjoy it throughout my home...

Amen to that Ken... I completely agree. The AU24 SE has been my reference cable for the longest time...it's only recently that I discovered a few others that really blow me away...I agree, perhaps they are a bit more transparent, and I enjoy that...not losing or giving up musicality... Nothing against AU24SE... I still use and enjoy it throughout my home...

I've heard the Ansuz Diamond loom and it is definitely at the top of the mountain. Unfortunately way out of my price range. Welcome to Audio Shark, what's your first name?

Ken

I absolutely love the Ansuz power cords! Luckily I was able to snag the diamond for a very good price. (I agree they are pricey as heck!) but... The heart wants what it wants...

Again, the AU24 SE as you well know is fabulous...I agree with your observations... Just pleased to share my experiences as finding the Ansuz was a surprise...

Your welcome is so very appreciated! Thank you! My name is Andy Miles. Enjoy your Sunday...

How does the Audience compare to Shunyata?
    Speakers: Magico M-Project w/MPods
    Amps: CAT Legend -> CAT JL7s
    Analog: Kronos Pro Limited Edition / Black Beauty tonearm / Zyx Universe Premium, Ortofon A95
    Digital: Roon->Vivaldi DAC/Upsampler
    Cables/Power: Kubala Sosna Elation ICs & SCs / Shunyata Denali 6000T & PC's / Furutech outlets

Quote Originally Posted by madfloyd View Post
    Hi Ian,

I've never had the opportunity to compare Audience to Shunyata in my current system. How are things going over there in the audio promise land?

Best,
    Ken

Hi Ian... I'm not sure either... Haven't tried Shunyata there. I do use the Alpha Digital cables and love them. Very quiet

I absolutely love the Ansuz power cords! Luckily I was able to snag the diamond for a very good price. (I agree they are pricey as heck!) but... The heart wants what it wants...

Again, the AU24 SE as you well know is fabulous...I agree with your observations... Just pleased to share my experiences as finding the Ansuz was a surprise...

Your welcome is so very appreciated! Thank you! My name is Andy Miles. Enjoy your Sunday...

Andy,

Nice to meet you! Ansuz's power products are their best in my opinion. David Baskin of Design Audio always told me their Mainz D8 produced the lowest noise of any power conditioner he tested. He had some device that he measured them with.

Ken

So how do Audience 24SE power cords compare to Tara Cobalt for power, and Shunyata Alpha digital power cord?

I like 24SE signal cables and no plans to upgrade from that money

Audience AU24 SE is a solid performer. It's a great cable. I'm not into Tara Labs. Some really like them but I'm not really in a position to comment. I prefer the Shunyata Alpha Digital cables to Audience AU24 SE considerably when it comes to powering my digital sources (K-01X, Aurender, etc)

Regarding price and cost...keep in mind the 12 outlet top of the line power conditioner lists for around $13K... The Mainz 8 I think is around $4K... So for those who are budget conscious why not pair an AU24SE power cord with a Mainz 8?

I have not tried it myself...could be an interesting discovery... Just a thought.

Certainly does;t answer your question but as all three have been discussed.

I compared the Shunyata Alpha line directly with a full loom of each with the Ansuz Diamond and found the Ansuz had a 51/49 edge but for 6,7,8X the price it was a no brainer. I have found the Shunyata Sigma a definite upgrade over the Alpha. So even tho I haven't directly compared the Sigma with the Diamond, my guess and only a guess, the Shunyata Sigma will destroy the Ansuz at 1/3 the price.

And this is from being offered the Ansuz Diamond at the same price as the Sigma Shunyata, so price had nothing to do with my preference.

Quote Originally Posted by madfloyd View Post
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    Andy,

Nice to meet you! Ansuz's power products are their best in my opinion. David Baskin of Design Audio always told me their Mainz D8 produced the lowest noise of any power conditioner he tested. He had some device that he measured them with.

Ken
    I have gone down the slipidy slope of unity of loom. For some time I thought that the Ansuz Ceramic loom was the sweet spot. Then it was, well what if I just upgrade the power cords. Then it was, no wait a minute, wait a minute, is that a difference I hear? Then one by one I replaced all the Ceramics with Diamond PC's and yes there was a difference. Justifiable? _________ We have to fill in that blank for ourselves. But for me once I hear something that is better is is awfully tough to go back.

Ansuz cables have been discussed extensively here:

http://audioshark.org/cables-20/ansu...ries-2488.html

In my view, cables won't do a lot to get you inside the 20 yard line. Others things have to measure up first. Once those stars align. Then the subtle differences in cables start to stand out.

No excuse me while I go outside to water my ground rods
    Le Roy

Austin, Tx : Soulution 520 preamp, 501 mono blocks, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D3.1, Lumin U1, Uptone Audio Modded Mac Mini w/ MMK fanless kit & JS-2 LPS, Regen, Ansuz DTC loom (complete), Oppo 105D, QNAP TS-451+

Chicagoland : Soulution 725 preamp, 711 stereo amp, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D5.1, Naim UnitiServe 2TB, Aurender W-20 Ansuz DTC later generation wire, Teac X1000 R2R, QNAP TS-451+

Foundation:
    Raidho Rack system, Ansuz DTC Mainz8, Ansuz (2) Supreme Mainz D8 Distribution, 20 amp dedicated outlets via subpanel

mauidan

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
    No excuse me while I go outside to water my ground rods
    You need this:

http://audioshark.org/showthread.php?t=8039

I completely agree with you Ken!!

I just ordered the aR6 TSSOX with Au24 SE powerchord. A 10 gauge Au24 SE for the aR6 TSSOX and a 14 gauge Au24 SE to coonect with Nagra MPS, which powers a Nagra HD DAC.
    I wonder if any of you have used the aR6 with Nagra and if the aR12 sounds any better.

Thanks.

Super Moderator

Welcome Paul!
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Hi Joe!

Super Moderator

Thank you for joining the forum.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

happy to find your address.
    Grado GS1000i - Shure SE846 - Fostex TH-900 - Sony MDR-Z7
    Audeze LCD-3 - Sennheiser HD800 & Orpheus HE90
    Stax SR-009 - Stax SR-007 ii - Grace M903 & M905 - Chord Hugo
    Cary 300 SEI - THÖRESS 300B Monoblocks
    Stax SRM-007Ta - AKG K812 - Ultrasone Ed 10
    Nagra HD DAC - Nagra MPS

Quote Originally Posted by paulchiu View Post
    I just ordered the aR6 TSSOX with Au24 SE powerchord. A 10 gauge Au24 SE for the aR6 TSSOX and a 14 gauge Au24 SE to coonect with Nagra MPS, which powers a Nagra HD DAC.
    I wonder if any of you have used the aR6 with Nagra and if the aR12 sounds any better.

Thanks.
    Hi Paul,

Welcome to AudioShark! I am very happy with the sound of my Audience AR6-TSSOX. I'm also running AU24SE power cords of both medium and heavy gauge. Since I added the power conditioner, the noise floor has been significantly lowered, making midrange and treble free of hash, resulting in much smoother and more relaxed sound.

Best,
    Ken

Hi Ken,

Thanks.
    Good to hear about the noise handling. My main need for the conditioner is marrying computer equipment like SSD, drives, Macbook Pros, routers and monitors in my office with the Nagra MPS / HD DAC and maybe a 300B amp.

I know there are problems caused by these office equipment with my music.
    At first, was thinking of big boxes like those from Shunyata until someone suggested the aR2p TSSOX.
    I almost went with that until Audience's John McDonald confirmed with me that better isolation of computing devices and audio gear can be achieved with aR6 and higher outlet units.

Does the aR6 TSSOX heat up?
    Safe to leave on when I leave work?

Hi Paul,

Welcome to AudioShark! I am very happy with the sound of my Audience AR6-TSSOX. I'm also running AU24SE power cords of both medium and heavy gauge. Since I added the power conditioner, the noise floor has been significantly lowered, making midrange and treble free of hash, resulting in much smoother and more relaxed sound.

Best,
    Ken
    Nagra HD DAC - Nagra MPS

Hi Ken,

Thanks.
    Good to hear about the noise handling. My main need for the conditioner is marrying computer equipment like SSD, drives, Macbook Pros, routers and monitors in my office with the Nagra MPS / HD DAC and maybe a 300B amp.

I know there are problems caused by these office equipment with my music.
    At first, was thinking of big boxes like those from Shunyata until someone suggested the aR2p TSSOX.
    I almost went with that until Audience's John McDonald confirmed with me that better isolation of computing devices and audio gear can be achieved with aR6 and higher outlet units.

Does the aR6 TSSOX heat up?
    Safe to leave on when I leave work?
    Hi Paul,

It does not heat up at all. In fact, mine runs cool.

Yes, it is safe to leave on at work. However, I do switch mine off from the back if there is a chance of thunderstorms, although the unit does have surge protection via the combination of gas tube and magnetic breaker.

Best,
    Ken

Hi Ken,

There are glass tubes inside the aR6?

Hi Paul,

It does not heat up at all. In fact, mine runs cool.

Yes, it is safe to leave on at work. However, I do switch mine off from the back if there is a chance of thunderstorms, although the unit does have surge protection via the combination of gas tube and magnetic breaker.

Best,
    Ken
    Nagra HD DAC - Nagra MPS

Hi Ken,

There are glass tubes inside the aR6?
    Paul,

I don't know. I once asked John McDonald, President of Audience, on a phone call how the surge protection worked if they didn't use Metal Oxide Varisters, which are sacrificial. He said they used the combination of gas tube and magnetic breaker. He didn't say what material the gas tube was made out of. If you have more questions about the surge protection, I would give him a call. He's one of the few Presidents who actually picks up the phone. His number is on their website.

Ken

Ken, great feedback, thank you. Have you tried any other PLC before and if so, can provide some points of comparison?

Allen

Ken,
    Good to hear it runs cool. In that case, I do not worry about those glass tubes.

Paul,

I don't know. I once asked John McDonald, President of Audience, on a phone call how the surge protection worked if they didn't use Metal Oxide Varisters, which are sacrificial. He said they used the combination of gas tube and magnetic breaker. He didn't say what material the gas tube was made out of. If you have more questions about the surge protection, I would give him a call. He's one of the few Presidents who actually picks up the phone. His number is on their website.

Ken
    Nagra HD DAC - Nagra MPS

Quote Originally Posted by socfan12 View Post
    Ken, great feedback, thank you. Have you tried any other PLC before and if so, can provide some points of comparison?
    The one other power conditioner that really impressed me was the Ansuz MainzD8. With Ansuz Ceramic or Diamond power cords it truly sounds outstanding. I don't have much experience with Shunyata but they have a big following and I'm sure many can provide feedback.

As for the gas tube, I looked them up and they look like extremely sturdy little devices. Here are some links:
    http://www.littelfuse.com/products/g...rge-tubes.aspx
    http://www.bourns.com/products/circu...premium-series

Ken

Ken,

Do you connect aR6 directly to the wall outlet or to something else?

The one other power conditioner that really impressed me was the Ansuz MainzD8. With Ansuz Ceramic or Diamond power cords it truly sounds outstanding. I don't have much experience with Shunyata but they have a big following and I'm sure many can provide feedback.

As for the gas tube, I looked them up and they look like extremely sturdy little components. Here are some links:

Ken
    Nagra HD DAC - Nagra MPS

Ken,

Do you connect aR6 directly to the wall outlet or to something else?
    Paul,

Yes, directly to the wall outlet. I'm planning to get a Furutech rhodium plated duplex outlet to match with the rhodium plated plug on my main AU24SE power cord.

Ken

Ken,

I am planning to connect the Audience aR6 TSSOX to either an APC Backup or Cyberpower Backup.
    Then:
    Plugged onto the aR6 TSSOX will be the Nagra MPS power supply, which will fuel the Nagra HD DAC for headphone use.
    Also plugged onto the Audience will be a Cary 300 SEI tube amp, powering a pair of KEF LS50 speakers.

On the Backups will be assorted office equipment including iMac, Macbook Pro with 3 SSD connected drives, a router, a printer and two monitors.

When I started the search, was thinking Shunyata Hydra Triton v2 and their thick Sigma power cables.
    But the Triton is just too BIG for my office. Now, I am wondering if this was the right decision.

Paul,

Yes, directly to the wall outlet. I'm planning to get a Furutech rhodium plated duplex outlet to match with the rhodium plated plug on my main AU24SE power cord.

Ken
    Nagra HD DAC - Nagra MPS

Ken,

I am planning to connect the Audience aR6 TSSOX to either an APC Backup or Cyberpower Backup.
    Then:
    Plugged onto the aR6 TSSOX will be the Nagra MPS power supply, which will fuel the Nagra HD DAC for headphone use.
    Also plugged onto the Audience will be a Cary 300 SEI tube amp, powering a pair of KEF LS50 speakers.

On the Backups will be assorted office equipment including iMac, Macbook Pro with 3 SSD connected drives, a router, a printer and two monitors.

When I started the search, was thinking Shunyata Hydra Triton v2 and their thick Sigma power cables.
    But the Triton is just too BIG for my office. Now, I am wondering if this was the right decision.
    Paul...

If you need more outlets you can always buy something like a CablePro Revelation (or better) power strip and plug it into the Audience using a power cord of your choosing - Shunyata Sigma, Audience AU24SE, Ansuz or whatever... The result will astound...

Did not think of that.
    Thanks!

Paul...

If you need more outlets you can always buy something like a CablePro Revelation (or better) power strip and plug it into the Audience using a power cord of your choosing - Shunyata Sigma, Audience AU24SE, Ansuz or whatever... The result will astound...

Nagra HD DAC - Nagra MPS

Hi

I'm
    using aR6-TSS about one year and I love this power conditioner very much. Recently Audience’s distributor offer me an upgraded program to OX version. Because the price is not cheap (around USD 1540 !), I need to know if it is worth to go ahead. I know one of the feature in OX version is the hospital copper outlet will changed to Cardas rhodium plated outlet. However, I already using Furutech GTX-D rhodium plated receptacles on my wall, so I don’t know how much benefit I can get. Does anybody know how noticeable the difference in sound quality between a AR6-TSS and AR6-TSSOX?

A few have gone through with the upgrade and feel it's a worthy update. I'm awaiting my updated AR6-TSSOX. Should have it in a week or so. I would not expect dramatic improvement, but perhaps more detail, blacker background, etc. At least this is my hope...

A few have gone through with the upgrade and feel it's a worthy update. I'm awaiting my updated AR6-TSSOX. Should have it in a week or so. I would not expect dramatic improvement, but perhaps more detail, blacker background, etc. At least this is my hope...
    Hi Andy,

This is exactly what I found with my OX upgrade. Not a dramatic improvement but a material one across the board. Improved detail, dynamics and blacker background. I was certainly glad that I did it.

Best,
    Ken

Outstanding. Thanks so much Ken for confirming.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Audience AR6-TSSOX Power Conditioner