Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

What are some decent HT Receivers in the $1000 range?

I am helping an old friend put together an HT setup. He always loved my Dynaudio Audience speakers and may stay in that family, Excite or similar maybe the DM line.

My last HT purchase several years ago was a lower level Integra 30.3 and I am unsure that I would suggest the Integra over similar priced Yamaha today.

His budget for the receiver is $1K +/- a little both ways if needed. He surely won't use all the bells and whistles on any unit he gets as he is not even close to a gear head or electronics enthusiast. He will listen to music, watch TV and Movies, maybe stream internet radio if he can remember what I teach him

So, what should I be looking at other than Yamaha these days?
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Re: What are some decent HT Receivers in the $1000 range?

Denon do.

Speakeasy

Thanks Steve, I hope they redesign the front so you don't have to figure out what the hell is going on inside that tiny little 1.5" circle display. Oh wait, that's Marantz.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Perhaps the next Denon flagship AVP will have a bigger display. Generally they bring out the next limited edition every 7-8 years.

Been extremely happy with my AVP-A1HD & POA-A1 combination and will be with me for more years.
    Although limited to 12 assignable channels (width or height and 2 subs), I can't see myself moving to ATMOS anytime soon.

If you can find a used one with the upgrade (3D, Audyssey) for this price, I recommend it. It is fully balanced, does HD HDMI passthru as well (not 4k) & full analog passthru for multichannel SACD/BD if you prefer to use an external DAC & DSP source. By today's standards, still an awesome and totally relevant DAC, especially for movies.

Speakeasy

You can also try to find a yamaha 2030 or 2040 in France dealers are selling them with 35 % discount because the new 2050 and 3050 is just arrived for us.... I just bought a 3050 and i have to say i am impressed with the quality of the music, but it does really good in HT its main function... its nine amplifiers in the unit running at 9 times 140 or 150 W, you can bi wire your speakers, you can do room correction (very easy) and you can stream spotify from your mobile ... you can get the 2040 for 1000 € brand new here.... and you get 3 years warranty ! (i should work for yam !)

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

What are some decent HT Receivers in the 00 range?