David Baskin has passed away
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)
    Post Thanks / Like

For those that don't know him, David Baskin was the owner of Design Audio Video in Whitehouse,Texas.
    To all of us that did know him, he was much more than that. He was one of my dearest friends,and someone that helped me on my audio journey more than anyone.
    David was dealt a rough hand when the Dr's told him he had ALS. David was an avid cyclist and a scratch golfer. But he somehow remained a very positive person, I was often amazed by his lack of bitterness about his disease.
    His wife,Keri, was an absolutely unbelievable wife and caregiver during all of this. And his two children, Parker and Kenzie,are the kind of people that makes a person want to have children.
    David's caring and generosity are the things that stick in my mind.
    When I would go visit and we would be listening to some new gear, I would comment how much I liked something,and he would just say "take it home and try it". Thanks to him, I've lost count of how many different pieces of gear I got to demo at home.
    But more than anything, I will miss sitting and talking to him.
    Mark

REL S2 Subwoofers
    Lumin A1 Network Streamer
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Klaudio Ultrasonic record cleaner
    Kimber Select 6063 speaker cables
    Kimber Select 1116 XLR IC's
    Shunyata Cobra Zi-tron,and Ansuz Ceramic power cords,
    Ansuz Mainz D8 power distributer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: David Baskin has passed away

Mark,

May David RIP and I am sorry for your loss. Sounds like you had a dear friend and will miss him.
    DarTZeel,Tannoy,MSB,REL

3. Thanks MDP thanked for this post
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

RIP David. I'll miss you so much buddy.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441889805.587508.jpg
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: AAvik Electronics, Air Tight, Aurender, Ansuz Cables, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Chord, Crystal Cable, Dali Loudspeakers, Entreq, Esoteric, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers, Focal Headphones, ISO Acoustics, Kimber Kable, KLAudio, KR Audio, Kronos, Lampizator, Lumin, Magico Loudspeakers, Manley Labs, Melco Audio, MicroMega, M2Tech, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PlayBack Designs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Raidho Loudspeakers, Rega Turntables, REL Acoustics, Shunyata Research, Siltech, Solid Tech Racks, SOtM, Soulution Audio, SRA, Straight Wire, Stillpoints, Tannoy Loudspeakers, Transfiguration Cartridges, Triode Corporation of Japan, VAC, Vandersteen Speakers, Vicoustics, Vitus Audio, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, ZYX Cartridges.

www.suncoastaudio.com
    Phone: 941-932-0282

5. Thanks MDP, bzr, hoosiertom thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I first got to know David a little over a year ago and much better in the last nine months.

He was the type of person in whom you could tell that the passion for high end audio was deep within his heart. I've been to his place of business several times. In those visits he would allow me to demo several different high end systems. Big names that we all recognize. David had a golden ear for sound as well. He was able to suss out the finest intricacies of music.

I wound up buying my high end electronics through him with his patience and guidance. David always went above and beyond what was expected of any audio dealer. He sent his installers up in a Chicago blizzard last winter to aid in the installation last February.

Any issue that came up he was always only a phone call or email away. He was also one of the most honest people you would ever want to meet. Even to his own detriment. I would ask him about some high end accessories that he had and he would say that those may not be the best fit for me and recommend something much less expensive.

In some of my visits I got to meet his wife Keri and his son Parker. He was loving husband and doting father. You could tell that he was very proud of his kids.

David was a good man. I will miss him very much.
    Last edited by Odyssey; September 10, 2015 at 09:28 AM. Reason: grammer
    Le Roy

Austin, Tx : Soulution 520 preamp, 501 mono blocks, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D3.1, Lumin U1, Lampi Big 7 SE, Uptone Audio Modded Mac Mini w/ MMK fanless kit & JS-2 LPS, Regen, Ansuz Diamond PC's, SC's and Ceramic IC's, Oppo 105D, QNAP TS-451+ w/ 24 TB

Chicagoland : Soulution 725 preamp, 711 stereo amp, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D5.1, Naim UnitiServe 2TB, Bergmann Magne TT, AudioDesk RCM, Ansuz Diamond Loom (complete), Teac X1000 R2R, QNAP TS-451+ w/ 24 TB

Foundation:
    Raidho Rack system, Shunyata Denali, Ansuz Mainz D8 Distribution, 20 amp dedicated outlets via subpanel

7. Thanks Alpinist, the professor, MDP, hoosiertom thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I miss David. I cry when I think about my friend. We spent countless hours on the phone talking about anything and everything. He was unable to speak the last month and the silence was heard every single day. He was an inspiration to me and to everyone who knew him and were touched by his unbelievable spirit. I am thankful for having known him and for his friendship.

9. Thanks Alpinist, MDP, Odyssey, the professor, hoosiertom thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, this is truly a sad day. He was a wonderful human being. So sad he had to face such an awful fate at a young age but he never complained; he was always positive. I really just plain liked the guy. A great roll model in courage, passion for life, honesty and doing things the right way.

I will really miss him.

11. Thanks Alpinist, MDP, Odyssey, the professor, hoosiertom thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sending prayers out to David's family. I was lucky to get to know David for just a year or so. But he would always take my calls, and treat me like a life-long friend. His audio knowledge was vast and honest. He possessed many rare qualities, and will be sorely miss by all.

Jerry-

13. Thanks MDP thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sincere condolences to his family and friends.
    Tannoy Canterbury SE's, Nottingham Analog Studio Space 294/12"Anna arm/Grado Gold1, Ah! Njoe Toeb 4000, MF M1DAC, AVA Transcendance 8+ pre,
    Bottlehead 300B Paramount monoblocs, PL Prologue 5, Decware Zen Torii MK3, Odyssey Stratos, Stillpoint Mini's

15. Thanks MDP thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very sad news for his family and friends. Gone far too soon...that is clear.
    NORMAN
    M-Mini/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi Big 7 Dac> Rowen Swiss Power NAD c375BEE /vintage McIntosh 2225/Lampi Silk power cond.+ Phase flipper> Energy 8" sub> Heil AMT Syrinx+Aulos in series-parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. Uptone Regen. 2nd system:Onkyo SACD>Rational Audio -Aura D7a passive Pre OR Aum Acoustics Pre with Hynes SR3-12>Vintage LeakStereo 20>Linn Index standmounts. Vincent BiWire speaker cables.

17. Thanks MDP thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I miss David. He was the type of friend that made you a better person just for knowing him. I wish I would have met him earlier in my life instead of about 2 years ago. I cherish the short time I knew him.

RIP David.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

Main: Lumin S1, UHA-HQ tape, Ayre KXR20, D'Agostino M400, Raidho D5, 2 Magico QSub15s, Kimber/Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Denalis/Typhons/Sigma PCs.

Workshop: Lumin S1, Border Patrol, Volti Vittora w Volti subs, Triode Wire Labs IC/SC, Shunyata Denali/Sigma PCs.

Apartment: Lumin U1, Ayre Codex, Focal Utopia, Senheiser HD-800 (modified), Shunyata Sigma PCs.

19. Thanks MDP, Alpinist, Odyssey, hoosiertom thanked for this post

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast