Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Re: The new JOB INTegrated Amp is coming !

Quote Originally Posted by Dond006 View Post
    Yes Job answered and very fairly.

" I propose that You ship it back to us in its original packaging . Once received:

- The JOB INTegrated will go through another thorough check up. If anything wrong we will fix it and propose to ship it back to you if you are still interested.
    - If you do not want to have it back we will just refund the whole amount to you.
    - If after the check up we find nothing wrong I will refund the product to you as well but there will be a - 20% restocking fee as per our general conditions. "

I did recheck the trafo hum of mine. It's not always there. But usually is. When it's quiet in my room I can hear it up to 20cm from the housing. I think this (my situation) will be regarded as normal. Meaning this just as reference for you.

Things I would check before returning it:
    - removing all inputs
    - turning the mains connector
    - other mains socket
    This to check the trafo hum isn't induced from outside.

Good luck!
    Synology DS112 - microRendu + LPS-1 - Job INTegrated - Penaudio Cenya

Quote Originally Posted by jaaptina View Post
    I did recheck the trafo hum of mine. It's not always there. But usually is. When it's quiet in my room I can hear it up to 20cm from the housing. I think this (my situation) will be regarded as normal. Meaning this just as reference for you.

Things I would check before returning it:
    - removing all inputs
    - turning the mains connector
    - other mains socket
    This to check the trafo hum isn't induced from outside.

Good luck!
    Hi,

I did all those tests (using every socket in my appartement with no inputs etc...I was suspecting a ground loop) and the hum was still there (every person that came to my home heard it, not 20 cm away but meters !).
    I returned it to Job that made some tests but did not find anything wrong. Maybe it's a problem with the quality of AC power in my appartement, don't know.

Anyway, JOB customer support was excellent, very professionnal and fair as they decided to refund me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dond006 View Post

Anyway, JOB customer support was excellent, very professionnal and fair as they decided to refund me.

Too bad it did not work out. And very good that you got a full refund.
    2 Channel Stereo :
    Custom Win10 Transport | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Acoustic Portrait Thiyaga | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello Jaap,

I saw your post on CA in the ISO Regen thread on the USPCB.
    I can now see why you would like to have a 90 degree version.

BTW what is your verdict on the sound of the microRendu with the Job INT?
    I ask because a friend of mine just replaced his server with the mR and has been very happy.

Regards.
    2 Channel Stereo :
    Custom Win10 Transport | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Acoustic Portrait Thiyaga | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Hello Nikhil,

Nice to hear from you.

All to true!

I'm happy with microRendu and Uptone LPS-1. Started with Pioneer N-30 streamer. Upgraded to Aries Mini with SBooster LPS. That was a big positive difference. Better placement. Next came microRendu with iFi adapter. It was on par with Aries Mini with SBooster. Feeding microRendu with 6 1.5V batteries gave some taste of what it could do. So I dared to buy the LPS-1 with the microRendu. It really sounds great.

I'm getting a little tired of myselve reading and thinking about other upgrades. Might give KEF LS50's a try if I can spot them second hand.

Greetings,
    Jaap

Nice review of brother Methis 7 in French. Can't read much of it. But it's highly praised. And it's price tag is staggering

https://www.on-mag.fr/index.php/topa...tout-numerique

Oh yes, the insides look very familiar ...

The only difference is in the dac.

That review almost exactly describes what I have been listening with my INT over the past year.
    Jap, you mentioned that the Metis 7 uses a different DAC chip - I can't find mention of it anywhere.

To my eyes it's identical to the INT.
    Making it one of the most stunning deals in audio right now.
    2 Channel Stereo :

Metis 7 dac (below right)

My Job INTegrated dac

It's got a few components less.

Nice catch there Jaap! Very good eyes.

Would be interesting to find out what the differences are between the two.
    2 Channel Stereo :

Question im looking to get amp and cant deside between job integrated or nord nc 500 mono block did anybody compare them ?

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Djovanny, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Thank you Joe ... Can you give an answer since you have both of them

Super Moderator

What speakers? Rest of the system?

The Job will not be able to drive difficult or low impedance speakers. The analog input on the Job INTegrated converts to digital and then back to analog. So if you are only looking to feed it digital, the performance will be better than the analog input which will sound slightly washed out comparatively. If you are a digital only guy with easy to drive speakers, the Job is a great deal and to me sound a little more natural in the right system.

The Nord has balls, super tight bass, great sound stage size/width and can control more difficult speakers. With a tube preamp or the right passive preamp and the 994 op amps, you will have a great system but remember the Nords take hundreds of hours to break in and relax a little. At first it's a tiny bit harsh so give it time.

Quote Originally Posted by Djovanny View Post
    Thank you Joe ... Can you give an answer since you have both of them
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

thank you

Hello Nikhil,

Nice to hear from you.

All to true!

I'm happy with microRendu and Uptone LPS-1. Started with Pioneer N-30 streamer. Upgraded to Aries Mini with SBooster LPS. That was a big positive difference. Better placement. Next came microRendu with iFi adapter. It was on par with Aries Mini with SBooster. Feeding microRendu with 6 1.5V batteries gave some taste of what it could do. So I dared to buy the LPS-1 with the microRendu. It really sounds great.

I'm getting a little tired of myselve reading and thinking about other upgrades. Might give KEF LS50's a try if I can spot them second hand.

Greetings,
    Jaap
    Hi Jaap,
    I assume the microRendu is always "on", or?
    Will it be recognized directly once the INT is switched on (from "Standby" mode)?

@all:
    let's assume one has a CDP with analog outs (RCA) as well as digital outs (Spdif and Toslink). Is the preferred connection from CDP to Job INT via Spdif/or Toslink (instead of RCA)?

Edit:
    Forgot something: will "gapless" play of songs (from USB streamer to INT) be possible?

Quote Originally Posted by marflao View Post
    Hi Jaap,
    I assume the microRendu is always "on", or?
    Will it be recognized directly once the INT is switched on (from "Standby" mode)?

@all:
    let's assume one has a CDP with analog outs (RCA) as well as digital outs (Spdif and Toslink). Is the preferred connection from CDP to Job INT via Spdif/or Toslink (instead of RCA)?

Edit:
    Forgot something: will "gapless" play of songs (from USB streamer to INT) be possible?
    Yes microRendu plays gapless with the INTegrated.
    The microRendu is always on but I turn off the INTegrated. This is no problem for the spdif inputs. But it is for usb. The first track will sound distorted. My solution is to always start and stop a track before turning up the volume. This is no problem because the volume is always set to zero when the INTegrated is turned on.

The digital inputs are preferred. Because analog gets converted ad-da. But still the analog input sounds good.

Synology NAS, LPS-1, microRendu, Job INTegrated, Penaudio Cenya.

Thanks for the swift answer, Jaap, much appreciated.
    So not the last chosen volume will be used when you switch off/on the Int? Always starts with "zero volume"?

OK... Kind of a workaround if you use usb and turn off the Int.
    Not recall right now: is there a standby function with the INT or is either" On" or "Off"?
    Yes microRendu plays gapless with the INTegrated.
    The microRendu is always on but I turn off the INTegrated. This is no problem for the spdif inputs. But it is for usb. The first track will sound distorted. My solution is to always start and stop a track before turning up the volume. This is no problem because the volume is always set to zero when the INTegrated is turned on.

The digital inputs are preferred. Because analog gets converted ad-da. But still the analog input sounds good.

Thanks for the swift answer, Jaap, much appreciated.
    So not the last chosen volume will be used when you switch off/on the Int? Always starts with "zero volume"?

OK... Kind of a workaround if you use usb and turn off the Int.
    Not recall right now: is there a standby function with the INT or is either" On" or "Off"?
    The volume knob is endless. So it is a good thing it resets to zero.

It doesn't have a standby mode. Job adviced me to leave it on.

@all:

The INT prefers the digital but the analog IN is not too bad.
    I've found that it responds to the quality of the cable used - you will hear the wire.

I don't have a CDP but I added my Lampizator Amber DAC to get some tube love to the sound.
    I've been very happy with a Belden 8402 cable terminated with Eichmann RCAs.
    Surprisingly good if you ask me.

Regards.
    2 Channel Stereo :

Jaap/Nikhil:
    Thanks for your responses.
    Valid information.

Cheers,
    Markus

Markus,

You are welcome! Enjoy the INT - it really is an amazing piece.
    One more thing: on the digital inputs, the Toslink gets auto priority.

Regards.
    2 Channel Stereo :

I'm still not 100% sold, Nikhil ;-)

On the one hand it would be great to simplify things and reduce "the boxes" but on the other hand I don't know for sure if this will be an improvement (no doubt about simplicity but sonically?).

At the moment I'm still using an Odyssey Audio Cyclops fed by an Aune S16 (went from LHL Pulse Xfi and LHL ViDac Infinity in favor of the Aune). Nothing fancy but I like it.
    Sources are a CDP (mainly used by my little daughter playing her kiddie stuff), a Pi2 w Picoreplayer streaming all songs from my NAS and another Pi3/Hifiberry Digi+ running Openelec.

Although I'm also awaiting a "LHL 3TB Geek Source" I will stick with the Pi2 w Picoreplayer (hence I'll try to sell the Geek Source before it will be shipped.)

So all Sources could be managed by the INT (Pi2: USB, CDP: Toslink, Pi3: Spdif).
    BUT..will it be an improvement? And this is the questions which bothers me.

Of course... we're talking about "first world problems" here. Usually there is no need to get something "new". But yeah... upgradititis is back. ;-)

Markus,

I have to be careful but I would not have a problem recommending the INT over Odyssey.
    IMO you would have to go up to the Symphonic Line to convincingly top the INT on sonics.

It sounds a little exaggerated but this really is a brilliant circuit.

Regards.
    2 Channel Stereo :

Interesting news: The new Goldmund Telos 590 is based on an identical main pcb board as the Job INTegrated. It's got a different inputs board, a different dac and two torroids though. See the 6moons preview http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/goldmund3/1.html. Could be intresting to see if the INTegrated can be updated with Alize7 dac

Interesting news: The new Goldmund Telos 590 is based on an identical main pcb board as the Job INTegrated. It's got a different inputs board, a different dac and two torroids though. See the 6moons preview http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/goldmund3/1.html. Could be intresting to see if the INTegrated can be updated with Alize7 dac

I did the same comparison when I saw the review picture!
    It does look like the same board from what I could see.
    2 Channel Stereo :

How would the Job INTegrated sound with PMC twenty.21 in my small (3,3x4 meters) livingroom?

Super Moderator

Sensitivity looks a little low but impedance is fine. I believe it will be fine as long as you are not a head banger. For me, I know it would be perfect, because I don't listen too loud.

Hopefully someone with speakers closer in sensitivity might weigh in.

I think it would be a great match.

Crossover Frequency: 1.8kHz
    Dimensions: H 325mm 12.8” × W 152mm 6.0” × D 277mm 11.0” (+6mm grille)
    Drive Units: LF PMC twenty series, lightweight doped 5.5”/140mm cone with cast alloy chassis
    HF PMC/SEAS®, 27mm twenty series, SONOLEX™ soft dome, Ferrofluid cooled Effective ATL™ Length: 1.72m / 5.6ft
    Frequency Response: 50Hz – 25kHz
    Impedance: 8 Ohm
    Input Connectors: 2 pairs 4mm sockets (Bi-amp or Bi-wire)
    Sensitivity:87dB 1w 1m
    Weight: 5kg 11lbs

How would the Job INTegrated sound with PMC twenty.21 in my small (3,3x4 meters) livingroom?
    Last edited by joeinid; June 24, 2017 at 10:58 AM.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Thanks Joe,

My current monitor speakers are 4 Ohm, 86dB. So with the PCM 21 the INT gets an easier load.

Greetings,
    Jaap

Super Moderator

Great. I am sure the PMC will sound great!

Thanks Joe,

My current monitor speakers are 4 Ohm, 86dB. So with the PCM 21 the INT gets an easier load.

Greetings,
    Jaap

NAD C 658 streamer.

Jaap,

The sound tends to thin out on speakers with less efficiency.
    Since you already have tried the iNT with 4 Ohm, 86dB speakers you have an idea.

IMO the sound will be meatier with relatively higher efficiency speakers.

Regards

2 Channel Stereo :

Thanks Nikhil! I've got the PMC twenty.21 in my system now. Got them secondhand so thought it worth a try. I was afraid the PMC's coupled to the Job might be too bright. Fortunately they are not. Not at all. There is more emphasis on mid and hights compared to the Penaudio Cenya's and less bass. But the PMC's do sound very well.

Job well done Jaap! Enjoy the PMCs
    2 Channel Stereo :

Hi all,
    Do you think the Job Int would be an improvement from a Naim Dac V1, stereo coffee LDR passive, Job 225 amp and connected with Neotech NEI 1002/KLE pure harmony RCA interconnects?

Sorry, can't say. Only compared the INTegrated with Sonneteer Alabaster and Metrum Octave dac. Kept the INTegrated.
    Upgrading the microRendu streamer with LPS-1 shortly after did more for my system.

Quote Originally Posted by Glynn1972 View Post
    Hi all,
    Do you think the Job Int would be an improvement from a Naim Dac V1, stereo coffee LDR passive, Job 225 amp and connected with Neotech NEI 1002/KLE pure harmony RCA interconnects?
    On sonics I would think this would be a sideways move IMO since you have the Job 225
    The difference would be tight integration of the DAC and Volume Control on the INT.

You may like the single box INT vs the 3 box + power cords + cables you have right now.
    2 Channel Stereo :

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil View Post
    On sonics I would think this would be a sideways move IMO since you have the Job 225
    The difference would be tight integration of the DAC and Volume Control on the INT.

You may like the single box INT vs the 3 box + power cords + cables you have right now.
    Thanks,
    yes could do with more space on the rack, also it would cost less then selling the individual items so could free up some cash for speakers.
    The INT seems to be well liked in these parts!

My Job Integrated has an annoying issue when using the USB input. Sometimes, after not having used the Jobint for awhile, or after switching speakers or sources, there is a distortion coming out of both speakers when music first begins. In the past, I've been able to restart the track, or close and reopen the app, and all is well. However, tonight nothing has helped. I've rebooted, restarted music apps, etc., no joy. Anybody else experiencing this? Anybody discovered the fix? Thanks,

Don Ivey

Super Moderator

I typically use mine with a Wyred 4 Sound modified Sonus and it has been rock solid. I am sorry you are having issues. Have you sent them an email?

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Ivey View Post
    My Job Integrated has an annoying issue when using the USB input. Sometimes, after not having used the Jobint for awhile, or after switching speakers or sources, there is a distortion coming out of both speakers when music first begins. In the past, I've been able to restart the track, or close and reopen the app, and all is well. However, tonight nothing has helped. I've rebooted, restarted music apps, etc., no joy. Anybody else experiencing this? Anybody discovered the fix? Thanks,

Don Ivey
    Don,

Sometimes reinstalling the USB drivers can fix these issues.
    Can you share a little more about what you use as a transport?

Regards
    2 Channel Stereo :

I have this issue every time after turning on the amp. I play the first track a few seconds without turning up the volume. Then I restart the track and everything is okay.
    Job tells me that I have to turn on the amp first and then turn on the usb source. But that's not practical.
    I recently tried a Singxer F1 usb to SPDIF converter but it doesn't sound as good. So I'll stay with restarting the first track.
    I hope you get your USB problem solved.

How often are you turning things on and off? Just leave it on when it works? Seems highly unpractical to turn things off in my opinion...

Edit: Although I agree it shouldn't need to be like this of course....
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

Quote Originally Posted by VoicesInMyHead View Post
    How often are you turning things on and off? Just leave it on when it works? Seems highly unpractical to turn things off in my opinion...

Edit: Although I agree it shouldn't need to be like this of course....
    I turn off the INTegrated every night. I leave the LPS-1 and microRendu on.

Thanks for all the feedback, great support system. After leaving everything off last night, i turned it on this morning, and same problem. I then switched out the Zu speakers for LS-50's, and the problem went away. I'm thinking the Zu's are interacting with the Job in a less than optimal way, resulting in this problem. They are 12ohm, versus I think, 4ohm for the Kef's, so maybe this could be the issue? I usually leave everything on overnight when hooked to my microrendu, but I have moved this amp around recently to the office, where it is hooked directly to the computer via usb. I have been shuffling components around a lot recently with the purchase of the Zu's. Oh, well, fixed for now anyway. Thanks again for the help.

Don Ivey

At Audiogon it is said the INTegrated is currently shipped with an analog input that's not digitised anymore. Is there more info on this?

Super Moderator

I think it happened several months ago. It is true. I do not know if there are any updates/upgrades available. I doubt there will be any way to "upgrade" the INTegrateds. The JOB part of Goldmund is small and I do not believe they will offer an upgrade path. I have my unit from last year and LOVE it. I don't use the "analog" input mainly for that reason. Because it is not my main method of music listening, I am not as concerned but, of course, would prefer a truly analog input. As much as that does not make me happy, I understand. I bought it for what it is and knew full well going into it what I was getting - a spectacular integrated amp that kills gear at 4-5X the price. New customers now are getting a better product and that makes me happy.

My Job 250 monos are STUNNINGLY great. The INTegrated is awesome. All the JOB gear is absolutely wonderful.

If I hear anything new, I'll report back.

At Audiogon it is said the INTegrated is currently shipped with an analog input that's not digitised anymore. Is there more info on this?

NAD C 658 streamer.

I would like to hear the Job mono's with Mytek Brooklyn dac/pre. Could be an ideal couple. However it's too much of an investment. I have experienced a lot can be gained on the streaming source. With the INTegrated I have come from Pioneer N-30 to Aries Mini to microRendu. Now I'm saving for ultraRendu :-)

The INTegrated is currently shipped with an analog input that's not digitised anymore. The current INTegrated has got a different dac board.

2016 INTegrated vs 2017 INTegrated:

The wires you see connected to the dac board are the analog input wires.

This new dac board is different again from the dac board shown in the French Metis test:

Now I'd like to know how the current INTegrated will sound different from the former

The INTegrated is currently shipped with an analog input that's not digitised anymore. The current INTegrated has got a different dac board.

2016 INTegrated vs 2017 INTegrated:

The wires you see connected to the dac board are the analog input wires.

This new dac board is different again from the dac board shown in the French Metis test:

Now I'd like to know how the current INTegrated will sound different from the former
    No news?

I am also curious on the sonic benefits of the non-digitized analog input.
    However there doesn't seem to be a lot of chatter on this anywhere.

Regards
    2 Channel Stereo :

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

The new JOB INTegrated Amp is coming !