The new JOB INTegrated Amp is coming !

joeinid

Super Moderator
Does anyone know when they plan on shipping?

The latest addition to the JOB amplifiers will be out soon : The JOB INTegrated. It will provide the latest circuit of power amp equivalent to a JOB 225 and add for very little money a totally new preamp section providing all the latest technology demanded by audiophiles : USB input with DSD compatibility, High resolution D/A circuit (up to 384) and extremely transparent Analogue input. Extending further the JOB advantage, you now have the extraordinary JOB sound quality associated with latest technology developments required by the audiophile community.

JOB Products

JOB%20INT.jpg

Last edited:
Mate posted this a few days ago:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/JOB-Electronics/604066693053799

Price is $1699, so really super. I dont see much need for the 225 stereo amp in this case. This is Dac?integrated amp!

I will ask about this next week and maybe even snag a demo unit if possible.

Edit:
JOB Electronics Hi James, specifications are not available yet. I do not expect them before end September. Thanks for your patience

Thank you Norman !

Please tell them to put me on the list. I am buying one before I order the Job monos :D .

Last edited:
Hmmm

They are adding a preamp, DAC, USB etc etc for the same price as the 225 and people think it will sound better than a 225 with a decent pre amp.

I don't think so - compromises will have to be made, including the amp section.

The amp section is a complete circuit board, so you cant compromise there. Perhaps if they have share the power supply, that could be sub-optimal?

Who said they think it will sound better? Equal is the best anyone could reasonably expect the result to be. They also make a preamp, so for double the cost you are free to buy a 225 plus Pre2 combo.

Frankly, nothing will surprise me coming from Job, given that I suspect they use excess components from the Goldmund regular production runs. They likely have to buy these components in batches of say 1,000 and if they only have Goldmund demand for 700 pieces, they can dump the left overs or put them into Job gear as loss leaders, and give the average Joe a taste of Goldmund on the cheap.

sounds like a winner to me and affordable. I have not heard the Job, but when it comes to SS amplification, it is hard to beat ultra high bandwidth designs (if you believe it can potentially correct for timing errors....which I believe it could). I used to own an amp designed by Dale Pitcher (who acknowledges Golmund as the Granddaddy of many a technologic innovation) that was very high bandwidth and it was superb.

I am on the list for one, could be real fun!

Order book for the Job integrated will be opened on 16 October, with technical specifications provided on the same day. Of course, they have said that there will be teaser images published in the lead up to the launch. More details on their facebook page.

From what I heard....the Integrated should be similar power rating to the 225. No more details on specs given, as they will be released only on the 16th. It should be killer for this price, as its far cheaper than similar (though more polished/featured packed) offerings like the Dart LH208 and the Devialet 200, at $1699 delivered.

At this price, it should sell like hotcakes, as it has a DSD capable Dac also built in. Probably another sellout in a day or 2.

Looks like the Job Integrated is available for order on Job's website. Anyone pull the trigger yet? No specs as of yet... But it can be added to the cart.

- Woody

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wisnon, would you be able to reach out to your contacts, please?

New pictures of the integrated have been posted on the Job Facebook page. Initial thoughts are:

1. What happened to the heat sink? Does this mean that the power output will be lower than the 225?

2. Also, I note that there is only one analog input - is that enough?

3. Finally, will the pre-amp section be passive or active?

Thanks.

Just posted on JOB Facebook page:

Dear JOB customers and followers, hereafter more technical specs about the new JOB INTegrated.

POWER SUPPLY
Nominal line voltage: 117 or 234 V (switchable)
Fuse 8A for 110V and 220V
Input voltage range: +/- 10 %
Rated Power Consumption:
IEC 60065, 1/8 Output Power at 8 Ω: 240 W (per unit)
Max Power Consumption:
IEC 60065 at 8 Ω /1% THD: 700 W
OUTPUT POWER
FPP at 8 Ω: 190 W
IEC 60065 at 8 Ω / 1 % THD+N: 2 x 175 W
INPUTS
USB device:
- Audio Class 2.0 (no driver required on Mac OS X as of v.10.6.4 nor on
Linux, driver required only for Windows)
- Sample rate up to 384 kHz/Bit depth up to 32
- DSD over PCM capabilities
1 x Toslink Optical or Digital S/PDIF coaxial RCA 75 Ohms
1 x Analog RCA (Left & Right): ADC conversion for DSP correction
REAR PANEL CONNECTORS AND CONTROLS
2 x output binding posts Left & Right
Voltage input selector
RS232 Command connector
FREQUENCY RESPONSE
20 Hz - 20 kHz, unloaded: +/- 0.5 dB
DISTORTION
THD+N, unloaded: < 0.08 % from 20 Hz to 20 kHz at 30 VRMS output
IMD (SMPTE), unloaded: < 0.02 % before clipping
OUTPUT NOISE FLOOR
Inputs terminated with RCA Shorting Caps, unloaded: < 10 µV from 20 Hz to 20 kH
DYNAMIC RANGE
22 kHz measurement bandwidth (flat): > 100 dB
GAIN
35 dB
DAMPING FACTOR
220 at 1 kHz, 8 Ω

Is it 190w for 2 channels ?
Any one got their hands on it or has an impression on how it sounds.

Is it 190w for 2 channels ?
Any one got their hands on it or has an impression on how it sounds.

From xtreme plc to shark :)

Have a look again at the specs - its 2 x 175w, probably based on the same module used in certain of the parent company's active speakers.

It just started shipping last week or earlier this week. Srajan from 6moons is doing a review on the integrated so he might have been sent one already. As to how it "might" sound, look at the Goldmund HDA review in 6moons.

Despite lack of heat sinks, it is still a Class A/B amp.

Been informed that the position of the output mosfets has been changed, such that the chassis will be able to dissipate the heat generated without a heat sink.

How effective this would be remains to be seen.

Circuitry is different, newer generation than the 225. I have my suspicions but do not have a unit yet to open up. If my suspicions prove correct, this may be quite a bargain - a 2x175W Telos on a budget.

Only potential downside is that the analog input will be digitised.

Back