Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: The new JOB INTegrated Amp is coming !

After a long wait my shipment is finally tracking on DHL.
    Some rough travel ahead for my INT including some time in the grueling heat of the Indian summer.

Super Moderator

Congratulations! I am sure you will love it. I still want one.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Thanks Joe! Can't wait myself after reading the reviews and feedback all over.

The one negative review has been the one from the Australian forum (stereo.net.au). I wrote to Srajan at 6 moons asking him if the INT was lacking in terms of bass control. He said that I don't need to worry about anything with my Green Mountain Audio speakers. Of course I don't think my speakers are complex loads either. He said that the fast wide-bandwidth Job INT should make a great pairing.

All will be known in a few days hopefully.
    2 Channel Stereo :
    Custom Win10 Transport | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Acoustic Portrait Thiyaga | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Super Moderator

Don't listen to those Aussies on stereonet. They hate everything Job. We know better

Enjoy it. It's a Goldmund after all and has Goldmund dna.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil View Post
    Thanks Joe! Can't wait myself after reading the reviews and feedback all over.

The one negative review has been the one from the Australian forum (stereo.net.au). I wrote to Srajan at 6 moons asking him if the INT was lacking in terms of bass control. He said that I don't need to worry about anything with my Green Mountain Audio speakers. Of course I don't think my speakers are complex loads either. He said that the fast wide-bandwidth Job INT should make a great pairing.

All will be known in a few days hopefully.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Hi there, now that the first Goldmund Metis 7 ship, has anyone been able to compare both products side-by-side ?

My INT finally arrived after being shipped from Geneva on April 5th (2 weeks). The shipment reached India but was in customs for about 16 days - a few days were on me as I had to send in the required documents for clearance. True to their word, Job picked up the tab on the shipping, customs, etc and the package was delivered to my door yesterday evening. Amazing if you ask me!

If only I could say the same for the local DHL delivery. My wife told me that they delivered it rolling the box end over end! My heart sank on hearing this. Sure enough after opening the box, I felt something moving inside the case. Not a lot but enough to cause concern. On opening the top cover (Metric 2.5 mm Allen Key needed) I found that the nut securing the toroid transformer was loose. Whew! Everything else was secure. The inside of the top cover did suffer a few scratches unfortunately.

Feedback to Job: Shipping to certain countries will need the "Handle with Care" and "This Way Up" stickers along with the usual fragile declarations. Needless to say but my INT survived some pretty shoddy handling in 45 C (113 F) temperature. Customers elsewhere rest assured that packing quality is adequate.

Right now I am just happy that it has arrived. Listening impressions to follow ...
    2 Channel Stereo :
    Custom Win10 Transport | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Acoustic Portrait Thiyaga | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Sorry to hear that. As a fellow audiophile I can only imagine how you'd feel. Hope your INT is 100% health wise apart from the scratches.

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    Sorry to hear that. As a fellow audiophile I can only imagine how you'd feel. Hope your INT is 100% health wise apart from the scratches.

Thanks for the concern. Fortunately the INT is playing clean as a whistle right now. Have put about 10 hrs on it by now and no problems so far. However I'm hoping that if any damages have occurred, that they will show up now so I can inform Job asap.
    2 Channel Stereo :

Have been listening to the INT for several hours now and have to say that I am very happy with the sound. One of the concerns that I had in going with an integrated was about the music not having the weight that a preamp brings to the sound. The INT has that - no problem there at all. In fact the INT questions a lot of things I had assumed about audio.

Although it's early days in my setup - the sound is not that far off from my separates. This is just amazing considering the effort one normally would put in to match dac, amps and speakers. One box and it has it all. This has to be one of the best deals in audio.

I also connected the INT via the analog input from my DAC. No idea why there was so much fuss made. There are no veils. I hear my DAC and analog interconnects which is what I expect to hear. It's just different in comparison to accessing the INT via USB. So far no problems at all with the volume control - DSP and all.

Very happy with the INT!
    2 Channel Stereo :

Congratulations Nikhil. It's a great amplifier indeed. I just bought myself a Aries Mini streamer (with SBooster psu) to feed the INTegrated. Very clean sound.

Thanks Jaap! Have been listening to it non-stop the last few hours.
    The Aries Mini is an incredible device - should be a great source for the INT.

What were you using as a source before the Aries Mini?

Earlier this evening, I connected an old CD player via optical. It was fun. Have not heard many of my discs for over 5 years. They were not bad at all with the INT. I may end up listening to some of my old CDs as well thanks to the INT.
    2 Channel Stereo :

Super Moderator

Nikhil,

Congratulations, I'm so happy for you. I'm am thinking about the INTegrated for another system and based on personal opinions of friends who own it, they are ecstatic and love it.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Did a little test on request:

Connected the INTegrated to Aries streamer (coax) and Pioneer streamer (toslink). While the Pioneer is sleeping the I get music over coax. The INTegrated switches to toslink as soon as I wake the Pioneer (even when the Pioneer is not playing). After I press the sleep button on the Pioneer the INTegrated switches back to the coax connection.
    So a physical toslink connection is not interrupting the coax connection but an active toslink connection is.

The bad:
    The toslink connection suffers badly from drop-outs when the coax connection is kept playing after starting a toslink source (both streamers playing). As soon as I stop the coax source the toslink drop-outs stop.

Jaap,

This was mentioned by Srajan Ebaen in his review i.e. coax and toslink are parallel with the optical toslink having auto-switch priority. I don't use either but not really sure why the optical toslink was given priority.

Regards.
    2 Channel Stereo :

So the joy and happiness continues ... this amp is amazing.

Jaap, do you have an idea how much time is needed for burn in?
    Going in via USB only is a very interesting experience - very clean sound.
    No analog cables in the way results in a very fast sound. Absolutely no flab.

I find myself turning the volume louder just to get something more.

This really brings up the efficiency of the INT in terms of components:
    Source > Digital Cable > INT > Speaker Cable > Speaker ... and you are done.

Excellent solution for anyone looking to simplify their setups.
    2 Channel Stereo :

Super Moderator

Great news Nikhil, the integrated looks like a winner.

NAD C 658 streamer.

So the joy and happiness continues ... this amp is amazing.

Jaap, do you have an idea how much time is needed for burn in?
    Sorry can't tell. I don't have a good memory for how something sounded earlier.

I just received my Job integrated this afternoon. I have only now started the burn in process but frankly it sounds much better than expected out of the box!

Congratulations on the INT! Look forward to your feedback on the amp.
    I have to agree that my INT sounded great straight out of the box despite some abuse.

What is the rest of your chain? Would be interesting to compare notes.

Regards.
    2 Channel Stereo :

Thanks Nikhil... I have it hooked up with Kimber 6063 speaker cable to Marten Duke 2 speakers. Sources are Tidal via MacBook Air, TEAC SACD and Apple AirPort Extreme...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator

I can't wait to hear it Andy, I'm sure it is wonderful.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Thanks Joe. Will be fun to have you hear it!

Quote Originally Posted by La Dolce Vita View Post
    Thanks Nikhil... I have it hooked up with Kimber 6063 speaker cable to Marten Duke 2 speakers. Sources are Tidal via MacBook Air, TEAC SACD and Apple AirPort Extreme...

Andy, what are all the sources you now have or have tried?
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

My INT has paid for itself and more. We had some young visitors for the night and my wife had planned to keep them busy with a few movies. We normally watch our movies on our bedroom system with my living room system being my stereo rig. The bedroom was ruled out. So I pulled out an AppleTV which I connected to the INT via the Optical Toslink. It absolutely rocked as a 2.0 HT setup.

The best part so far is that my wife has got back into listening to her music in the living room system - something she did not do much with the separates. The INT is dead simple to operate and she's been enjoying her music. Can't be more happy.

Regards.
    2 Channel Stereo :

Super Moderator

Great news Nikhil! Now that's saying something.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Here..here!!! This is what it's all about!

Thanks guys! One more thing ... that volume reset when the INT powers off.
    Brilliant for when watching movies like we have right now.

Huge relief to just know that the volume is zero when I turn it back on.
    2 Channel Stereo :

Very good to know! Thanks Nikhil

I'm using it with a TEAC 1000 SACD player and an Apple MacBook Air.

Quote Originally Posted by La Dolce Vita View Post
    Andy,

Those Duke 2's are a fine pair of speakers.
    Will be interesting to hear your opinion on the sound.

Paired with the copper KS 6063 - the sound must be something.

Regards.
    2 Channel Stereo :

Andy,

Those Duke 2's are a fine pair of speakers.
    Will be interesting to hear your opinion on the sound.

Paired with the copper KS 6063 - the sound must be something.

Regards.
    Andy has very fine taste in audio gear and time pieces!
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Thank you. I'll gladly let you know. I enjoy Marten speakers very much. I listened a little bit late last week and it sounded very nice.

Thanks for the kind words...really we all do.

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    Andy has very fine taste in audio gear and time pieces!
    Appropriate handle name then!

Norman, do you think the Sweetcord will help even with a power conditioner in place?
    My stereo is isolated with a sine wave re-generator which also corrects for AC frequency.

After I had the power conditioner installed, changing power cords hasn't made much of a difference in my system. The most recent experiment being with a set of Franck Tchang Livelines - but this was on my separates before the INT arrived.

Regards.
    2 Channel Stereo :

Nihil,

This I cant say. I dont know the INT at all and I didn't use the Sweetcord with PCs.
    Note that the Sweetcord has a small AC Curator in it and that it only comes with a US plug termination (3 prongs).

From their site: http://www.goldmund.com/en/technologies/ac-curator

The most advanced AC-conditioning technology in use. Not only does the AC-Curator circuitry filter the high frequency but it also filters the low frequency spurious noise generated through the AC power line by other equipment or nearby machinery.

AC CURATOR

Most of the Goldmund electronic products, like the disc players, preamplifiers but also the
    Video projector and processor benefit from our AC-Curator ™ technology. It consists in a series
    of power-supply enhancements that ensure exceptionally smooth, clean power is delivered to
    the mechanical drives and circuit boards.

A conventional product like a disc player might use a single power supply transformer (or even
    none, using a cheaper switching electronic power supply). The power supply in the best
    Goldmund disc players uses 6 transformers and 6 separate regulated precision power supply
    circuits. We decouple each unit from the AC line and filter it.

This configuration electrically isolates separately each component from the noise and other
    irregularities on the AC line. It also electrically isolates various components of the product from
    each other, so that the power demands of one do not affect the others nor pollutes their
    supply.

Each separate voltage of the power supply is fully regulated using Goldmund’s proprietary
    "Warm Regulator" technology, so the supply voltages within the player do not vary and the
    internal components can perform exactly as they were intended to.

Due to the high speed signal cancellation, the technology may not be applied as it is for very
    fast power amplifiers, because it would slow down the transient capability of the power amps
    connected. However, a simple parallel filtering may be applied without the decoupling
    transformer. This is what we do inside the big Goldmund power amplifiers of the Telos Line.
    NORMAN

The JOB Sweetcord

Our new JOB 225 is so accurate and transparent that first users immediately reported their trial of various Powercords were making a big change in its sound quality. In order to allow the amplifier to be used at its maximum without a too costly exotic powercord we address the demand using the famous Goldmund wire made for their Powercord. So the sweetcord shares with its prestigious parent this special wire made by a well-kept-secret factory since 1987. With the standard length of 8'5" and Medical grade (US only) plug, the Sweetcord is a wonderful addition to the JOB amplifiers, and reasonable cost audio device, as everything made by JOB.
    NORMAN

Had a busy day today, sorry it's taken so long for me to respond...

The Job Sweetcord is a great value. Sounds very nice and as one would expect it compliments the Job portfolio of products.

I use a Nordost Valhalla 1 2 meter power cord with the Job Integrated...at least for now. Kind of extreme to use a power cord that costs more than the component but the sound is divine. The Sweetcord is likely the more appropriate choice but hey...

If you choose to use a power conditioner it may mitigate the effects of the Sweetcord. I use an Audience TSSOX... I like what it's doing for my system. Also like the Ansuz Mainz 8 Diamond (although that's being used elsewhere currently). Hope this helps...

Update... A good friend of mine is looking to retire his 13+ year old B&K amp and preamp. He has them paired to JM Labs speakers. So, Saturday afternoon I brought him a little care package consisting of a JOB Integrated, a Sweetcord, Ansuz Mainz 8 and power cord, and a pair of KEF LS50's. I think he's really enjoying it so far! Looking forward to hearing his comments in a few days...

I've been listening to the INT for just over two weeks now. All of it with a USB Regen in the chain. This past weekend I decided to take the Regen out. While the INT sounded quite nice without, I found that the Regen added meat to the sound and helped the sound stage. I ended up placing the Regen back in the chain. Users of USB fixers i.e. Intona, W4S RUR, Regen, etc. will get the usual benefits from the INT as well.

This brings up the lack of room near the inputs at the back of the INT. With the USB Regen connected via the hard connector there was no room for the optical toslink connector. A solution for this would be something like a Curious Regen Link or JCAT USB-ISO cable. I definitely would have liked some more input options for the INT along with a little more room near the inputs.

Regards.
    2 Channel Stereo :

Hi Nikhil...this is helpful, thank you. I had a USB Regen but sold it. Did not do anything additive in my chain when I evaluated it with a young DSD DAC. Maybe it works well with the Job. I can't try it but will take your word...

Intresting feedback on the Job INTegrated on lettersfeedback to 6moons: http://www.6moons.com/lettersfeedbac...sfeedback.html

Well, Srajan, I stand corrected. I sent you an email expressing my concern about the Job INTegrated being "on par" as you said, with the Metrum Hex, passive preamp, Job 225 and those "damn expensive" interconnects between them. I finally pulled the trigger on an INT, burned it in for a whil, and have been enjoying the hell out of it ever since. To be honest, when the evaluation began, I tried listening for inferiority vs the separates. However, track after track I was left shaking my head in disbelief. The INT leaves me wanting nothing. Thank you.
    Luka Kostrencic
    If this is the post you are referring to ... I can confirm that I share his position as well.
    I did exactly the same thing and just can't fault the INT in any way.

I want to add that the INT is fabulous for piano music. In that it actually surpasses my separates, which for all the iron in their bellies, just could not track piano notes and overtones the way the INT does. I am enjoying the INT more and more everyday.
    2 Channel Stereo :

Don't like the looks of the remote much. Want to make a cover with buttons that fits onto the remote. Haven't decided on the design yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jaaptina View Post
    Don't like the looks of the remote much. Want to make a cover with buttons that fits onto the remote. Haven't decided on the design yet.

You should see what a Lampizator remote looks like. It's all relative...

Rapid prototyping the Job remote as I designed it. The printed housing is not as neat as I hoped though.

Attached Images Attached Images

Wow...looks more complimentary to the chassis /component itself. You really captured the brand DNA. Seems like a lot of work though for a modest aesthetic tweak. You should share these pics with Goldmund/Job. Perhaps they'd comp you a component and incorporate your design change in their product lineup

My 3DHubs decided give it an other try. Got a nice remote now!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Found this video of a seminar by Michel Reverchon of Goldmund from 2008. I would like to think that I am experiencing what he says in terms of the sound but I don't know how much the INT shares with the TELOS. Perhaps others with better technical chops can comment but this video does explain a lot.

Minimal distortion in Time domain or Time Coherence is very very real.

2 Channel Stereo :

Found this video of a seminar by Michel Reverchon of Goldmund from 2008. I would like to think that I am experiencing what he says in terms of the sound but I don't know how much the INT shares with the TELOS.
    Job INT, Goldmund HDA headphone amplifier and Telos 360 Mono block (seem to) share an identical main board. See post 110 on page 10 .
    I'm not so technical however that I can to more than visually compare the three and recognise the logical difference in op-amps.

Nice video!

Greetings,
    Jaap

Super Moderator

My Job INTegrated arrives next week. Can't wait. I have a few extra bookshelf speakers and a modified Sonos sitting around doing nothing, so I thought I'd put them to good use.

A friend mentioned that the INTegrated is a touch warmer sounding than the Job 225. Sounds good to me, more to follow.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

The new JOB INTegrated Amp is coming !