Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: The new JOB INTegrated Amp is coming !

Wow, spartan 6 FPGA!
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Quote Originally Posted by marflao View Post
    But maybe someone with more knowledge can add his/her view on the shots provided.
    Especially HER view
    All kidding aside - God bless djverne for giving us what JOB would never, good pics, that is.

What we really need now is some analysis from those members with deeper understanding of these pics. I am not one of those techinical brains, unfortunatelly. I only now how to enjoy music and appreciate nice design.

Why can't I find a price of Metis 7 anywhere? Anyone knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Mate View Post
    Why can't I find a price of Metis 7 anywhere? Anyone knows?
    12500 €
    hmmm..can´t post a link..?! jefferson-hifi-video dot com

Quote Originally Posted by marflao View Post
    12500 €
    hmmm..can´t post a link..?! jefferson-hifi-video dot com
    Thanks marflao!
    Metis 7 is almost 8 times the price of INTegrated
    I'm NO expert, but it seems to me that Metis 7 pics from the post #21 of this thread and pics kindly provided by djverne show that not only they look almost the same from the outside, they are almost the same from the inside too. So just HOW different can they sound? A lot? I don't think so. Slightly? Probably. Not different at all? Possibly.

Sound wise this little guy begs to be turned up. The sound signature is open, detailed, and smooth.

I have had the Hegel 300 ($5000) ......the Job Integrated hangs.

This sounds like a wickedly awesome integrated.

Djverne, you mean the Job Integrated sounds better than the Hegel H300?

one man's trash can be another's treasure.

Job Integrated already traded in.

https://app.audiogon.com/listings/so...10-new-york-ny
    Source: Technics SP10mk3 - Thales Simplicity II, TW Raven AC-3 - Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Lyra Etna SL, Lyra Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: Phasemation EA-1200, Accuphase C-37,TW Acustik phono
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: D'Agostino HD, conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum S250
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by XV-1 View Post
    one man's trash can be another's treasure.

Job Integrated already traded in.

https://app.audiogon.com/listings/so...10-new-york-ny
    Already?
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Source: Technics SP10mk3 - Thales Simplicity II, TW Raven AC-3 - Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Lyra Etna SL, Lyra Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika

I missed that, and I surfed to Stereonet earlier today. Thanx.
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

I have taken the liberty of juxtaposing the images from the interior of the Metis 7 and Job integrated (from the SNA thread)

Metis 7

Job integrated

Look remarkably similar (including the transformer), save for some parts substitution (no red Wima(?) caps, for example).

Does anyone know the difference between the black vs the blue power supply caps and the black vs the brown smaller caps?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not what I have expected... I'm somewhat dissapointed with those impressions. Now I'm thinking that maybe I should go with JOB 225. I'll wait for 6moons.

Quote Originally Posted by djverne View Post
    Sound wise this little guy begs to be turned up. The sound signature is open, detailed, and smooth.
    Hi, any more updates since you moved the amp into your living room?

Not what I have expected... I'm somewhat dissapointed with those impressions. Now I'm thinking that maybe I should go with JOB 225. I'll wait for 6moons.
    He has listened to a lot of integrated amps in his system. The somewhat lean bass sounds like the Job sound, but I can't comment on anything else as i have not heard any JOB amp - although I have heard a pair of Goldmund 400 mono's at home.

He has listened to a lot of integrated amps in his system. The somewhat lean bass sounds like the Job sound, but I can't comment on anything else as i have not heard any JOB amp - although I have heard a pair of Goldmund 400 mono's at home.
    Just the opposite, it seems to be too much bass! Perhaps that is due to a less tha ideal DSP setting that can be firmware updates with the computer port at the rear?

"I have had a bit of a complicated relationship with the bass of the Job. Initially I didn't really like it, it also utilizes that 'additional headroom' effect and that can easily lead to, IMO, too much bass*. This is not always the case of course, on tracks with lighter bass the whole performance is brilliant, I ran through the entirety of Big Pig's Bonk and loved every minute of it but put on a more recently recorded disc and all that extra bass that everyone seems to want today comes across so strongly it was starting to put pressure on my brain. I asked BRMSlash his opinion earlier in the week, after some listening we dissected what we thought we were hearing and I managed to come up with an analogy that I hope makes some sense. The bass has a volume speed bump in it, there is a certain band of frequencies that come across more strongly/loudly than those above or below them and this is what was causing the issue. When taken at low volume (speed) the bump doesn't cause any issues, when taken at high volume (speed) it makes the track much harder to enjoy as you are constantly waiting for that sense of pressure to hit your inner ear."
    NORMAN

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    Just the opposite, it seems to be too much bass!
    Exactly. I have Sonus faber Toy Towers which in my room already create too much bass. Nothing drastic, but still, slightly less bass would be welcome, and I was hoping to get that balance right with a right choice for new amp and new cables. Now, if JOB INT would also add too much bass... that would not be good for me. I almost ordered INT, but now I'll wait for more reviews, maybe I should order JOB 225. I don't know at this point.

That Australian guy who reviewed INT - why did he write: "It is also designed to be grounded so 3 pin plugs only"?? We in continental Europe use 2 pin plugs.

Mate, here is what I know.

INTs are sold out at the moment, but will be in stock again mid-Dec. All the user feedback to them has been positive and the only negative report is that one on SNA about the bass. It is a statistic of one, nobody else has reported it, so perhaps its the way its being used? The INT was severely tested for a long time at Job, so unlikely it would have any obvious faults...

No overheating, so chassis heat-sink arrangement works...at least so far.

6Moons wont start review till next week at the earliest.

That's all she wrote..
    NORMAN

Thanks wisnon, I'm in regular contact with JOB since last year, so I now all that, but still... since I earn incomparably less than you guys here, my next amp should be the last one for me - at least for one decade. So I don't want to make a wrong choice. Probably I can't go wrong with JOB - but still, I'll wait for more reviews.

Do you (wison or anyone) have any idea how would JOB 225 + Marantz HD-DAC1 (used as preamp) work as combination?

Well I was the one of the first to receive this little guy, the first to post picks, unfortunately the second one to sell. Not a case of the upgrade bug/but more or less the girl friend moving out, a custody battle for my daughter, and a few things breaking around the house all seemingly at the same time :

I have enjoyed this amp with my single driver Mark audio speakers.....fantastic combination by the way.
    The amp is in mint condition. Includes all original packaging and material.

Looking for $1500 +$40 shipping. Must be through paypal/i eat the cost.
    My user name is djverne on audiogon, 100% feedback. Amp ships out ASAP

Well I have the JOB PRe 2 and love it. But a friend in Illinois tested a Job INTegrated and it immediately overheated. I will wait for more opinions before I take the plunge. How can the chassis seriously act as a heat sink. Disappointed in Job based on what I have heard. We'll wait and see

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum afb, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by afb28444 View Post
    Well I have the JOB PRe 2 and love it. But a friend in Illinois tested a Job INTegrated and it immediately overheated. I will wait for more opinions before I take the plunge. How can the chassis seriously act as a heat sink. Disappointed in Job based on what I have heard. We'll wait and see
    What speakers were used, and at what listening volume and for how long?

When I spoke to them a week ago, there was not a SINGLe complaint about heat and that was one of their objectives to cover any possibly power grid condition (even Oz where there is quite a bit of voltage variability). Indeed, the 225 runs noticably hotter.
    NORMAN

Quote Originally Posted by nfnc View Post
    What speakers were used, and at what listening volume and for how long?
    i dont know but like myself he is a Goldmund fan and was disappointed. Perhaps a one off...still will wait a while and continue reviewing posts about he INTegrated. He said overheated in 1/2 hour, a responsible audiophile who doesn't misuse gear.

Sounds odd - djverne (another owner) did not mention anything about the heat. Neither did user cafad from the SNAP thread.

By overheating, did the amplifier shut down or was it just very hot? Did he provide any feedback to Job or claim on the warranty then?

There was some debate on SNA about the amount of heat put out by the Job 225 (which was apparently normal). Plus, there are certain amps such as the Bel Canto ones, that do not have external (or for that matter, internal) heat sinks and they do get hot. I am aware that they are Class D while the INTegrated is Class A/B, so the operating temperatures would be different.

Quote Originally Posted by nfnc View Post
    Sounds odd - djverne (another owner) did not mention anything about the heat. Neither did user cafad from the SNAP thread.

By overheating, did the amplifier shut down or was it just very hot? Did he provide any feedback to Job or claim on the warranty then?

There was some debate on SNA about the amount of heat put out by the Job 225 (which was apparently normal). Plus, there are certain amps such as the Bel Canto ones, that do not have external (or for that matter, internal) heat sinks and they do get hot. I am aware that they are Class D while the INTegrated is Class A/B, so the operating temperatures would be different.
    heat was coming from bottom of unit. I think the output devices are on the bottom of unit. On another note note i wish Job would come out with a standalone Dac.

I too wait for more feedback from users and especially for 6moons review. My main dilemma is JOB INT or 225. But while I wait, I find or get some other offers which seem somewhat tempting to me. For example: I can have used Electrocompaniet ECI-4 balanced integrated amp in great condition for 60-65% of the price of the JOB; or - for $2200 (500 more than JOB) I can have used Mimetism 15.2 integrated amp in great condition. What do you think?

I too wait for more feedback from users and especially for 6moons review. My main dilemma is JOB INT or 225. But while I wait, I find or get some other offers which seem somewhat tempting to me. For example: I can have used Electrocompaniet ECI-4 balanced integrated amp in great condition for 60-65% of the price of the JOB; or - for $2200 (500 more than JOB) I can have used Mimetism 15.2 integrated amp in great condition. What do you think?
    i would go with the mimitism it won't have the dac capabilities or a usb input though .

i would go with the mimitism it won't have the dac capabilities or a usb input though .
    Thanks for your thoughts. I don't care for DAC and USB in amplifier. The price of Mimetism just went up for $200, so now it's $2400 = 700 more than new JOB. That's still a good deal. Both Mimetism and JOB are Swiss made; Mimetism is the most gorgeous thing, JOB looks acceptable; Mimetism is used for 4 years, JOB is brand new; I'm sure they both give amazing sound. Why exactly you wrote that you'd choose Mimetism over JOB?

As I said earlier I do have the Job pre2 and use it often. Most of my gear is vintage Goldmund, so I am familiar with the house Goldmund/Job/Stellavox sound. Friends in Illinois and New York have suggested hold off on the INTegrated for now. Recommendation is simply based on reviews. Mimetism will give more power and is designed strictly for amplification. The reality is that one transformer in the Job INTegrated is being shared by the digital, preamp and power components. There must be a compromise somewhere, and I notice there are already used Job INTegrateds out there. You should note that the Mimetism is made in France, designed in Switzerland - at least the Mimitism 15.2 was.
    Thanks for your thoughts. I don't care for DAC and USB in amplifier. The price of Mimetism just went up for $200, so now it's $2400 = 700 more than new JOB. That's still a good deal. Both Mimetism and JOB are Swiss made; Mimetism is the most gorgeous thing, JOB looks acceptable; Mimetism is used for 4 years, JOB is brand new; I'm sure they both give amazing sound. Why exactly you wrote that you'd choose Mimetism over JOB?

Thanks afb, I thought that Mimetism is designed in France and made in Switzerland, but it's the other way around. When I wrote "JOB", I wasn't thinking exclusively about INT, but also about 225. Until few days ago, I was closer to decision of getting the INT, but now I'm much closer to getting the 225. Mimetism is the third option, but not as likely as 225, although I don't think I've seen more beautiful piece of audio than 15.2.

You missed the bay couple weeks ago there was a pair of 225 Job Monos on auction. I bid on them but they went for $1800. Considering retail $1699 each, the pair was a honking deal. What I don't like about Mimetism is they appeared to steal the term from Goldmund Mimesis, although not a trademarked name. I think it is Greek for "mimic" or something like that.

Electrocompaniet is SWEDISH, not Swiss.

Edit: My bad, I see you are talking about Mimetism...

the Job monos are the 250, not 225 and at $1800 a pair, that was a real steal!! Holy crap price. I had them at home for a months demo and would have jumped on them for that ridiculous price....just as a matter of principle.
    NORMAN

Norwegian.

Lol, yes, my bad. Norwegian like Hegel..
    NORMAN

Edit: My bad, I see you are talking about Mimetism...

the Job monos are the 250, not 225 and at $1800 a pair, that was a real steal!! Holy crap price. I had them at home for a months demo and would have jumped on them for that ridiculous price....just as a matter of principle.
    yui are right I meant Job 250. And the Job pre went for only I recall 800 bucks .I bid on both but didn't pursue ; have to be careful I am in Canada and our dollar poor at the moment .

yui are right I meant Job 250. And the Job pre went for only I recall 800 bucks .I bid on both but didn't pursue ; have to be careful I am in Canada and our dollar poor at the moment .
    I was wrong the job 250 monos sold for 1350 Usd I thought I bid higher.. What a steal

I was wrong the job 250 monos sold for 1350 Usd I thought I bid higher.. What a steal
    BOTH?? TWO monos for $1350!?

Yep. Check ebay item 231745196649

Crickey!
    NORMAN

Yep. Check ebay item 231745196649
    Damn that is a great deal! Too bad I missed this one.

Interesting to know that it's the PCM5102A being used. I assume that FPGA's are handling the DoP conversion since the DAC doesn't natively handle DSD. The Metis 7 and Job INT basically look the same to me when comparing the innards from the photos.

I understand this is the latest PCB that's shared among all of Goldmunds gear now since it's scaled up/down for use in the headphone amp/telos amps/apologue speakers. Goldmund also uses the same blue Vishay BC caps so I question if it makes a difference at all to the sound. You can see the blue Vishay caps used in the headphone amp as well.

http://www.6moons.com/industryfeatures/goldmund/4.html

Looking forward to rest of the review.

Still no 6Moons complete review yet....hmmmm.

Super Moderator

Does anyone know if the new Job INTegrated comes with a remote control?

Does anyone have the INTegrated yet?
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

It comes with the same remote as preamp: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/job3/3.html

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

The new JOB INTegrated Amp is coming !