Magnepan 20.7 - Any planned or rumored updates coming? ...

"JOE!".... you won't like them :D

:heart: :blush:

Thank you so much Darrin. It would be awesome !!!

Those will look great.

I must have missed it or did not realize where you were going, speaker-wise. It's funny how we circle around similar gear. I think I have the two perfect amps for the Maggies Bryston 28's and ART monos. I need to really give it thought. I've always wanted to own a pair.

Those are great amps for the Maggies. Lots of current.

Hi Darrin,

What's the lead time on a pair, delivered ?

Joe - it would be so cool to own the same pair of speakers as my audio hero at the same time. I got white on silver - ordered through Pearl Audio in Portland.

I'm curious, what do you guys consider great amp matches for Maggie's? I had Carver, Mc and others. Mc was really good.

I will report on how the modified marantz ma9S2 monos sound with them.

As far as amps that drive Magnepans well, I power my 3.7i speakers with a Rowland 625 amp and the combination is effortlessly dynamic and inherently musical. :D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441508834.455615.jpg

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not heard anything relating to newer model(s) or updates the the 20.7s. I thought I'd read somewhere that the essence of the 3.7 to 3.7i update was already incorporated in the 20.7s.

I heard or read the exact same thing. The "i" update was already in the 20.7. The issue with the 3.7 that necessitated the 3.7i was inadequate bass response. Unless you played them at very high volume the bass ribbons would never break in. Consequently, very weak bass. This is what happened to me. The bass ribbons in the 3.7i are looser out of the box and bass response is dramatically improved. There may be some other minor hardware tweaks as well.

Ken

Thank you so much Ray! I know how much you love the combo and it got me thinking. Once in a while I think about selling the ART monos (we all know that I have too much gear), I am not sure that I can do it because I love how they sound. What's 16 power tubes and 6 input tubes to achieving audio bliss. A friend got me thinking about the Maggies again (for fun) and YOU immediately came to mind. :D I know how happy you are with your system. Maybe a road trip in in order? We'll have to talk.

Absolutely! :D

Back