Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Chair Or Other Listening Seat Recommendations?

All Stressless chairs seem to be built on the same base, in which case the table should work on even older models -- it's very cool how it simply compresses onto one of the side supports. I will warn you though that they're not cheap at $499, but if you're spending a lot on a chair, you might as well splurge on the laptop table -- it's super convenient and is yet another position/place I can sit and comfortably get work done while listening to music. To me that's priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher View Post
    Another big bump for the Ekornes/Stressless. Worth the cost of admittance for sure!

I'm not sure what model mine is, but I wish I had that laptop tray like Bryan pictures above... that looks pretty convenient!
    Ref System: Wilson Alexx on Stillpoint Ultras w/Base, dCS Rossini & Upsampler & Clock, Audio Research REF 160S, REF 6SE, WW Platinum Everywhere, Roon
    Office System: B&W N802D2, NAD M10
    Living Room System: B&W N804D, NAD M10, Velodyne DD+10
    Bedroom: Dynaudio Focus 160, NAD M10, Velodyne DD+10

One use and you're set. Really, it's to die for.

Quote Originally Posted by JackD201 View Post
    Well this one already has the head thing down pat and electricity to boot. The add ons should be easy. :p

Ref System: Wilson Alexx on Stillpoint Ultras w/Base, dCS Rossini & Upsampler & Clock, Audio Research REF 160S, REF 6SE, WW Platinum Everywhere, Roon

I really like my Fortress Corona chair, it is the most comfortable chair I have ever had. It is a bit expensive ($2200 used) but I use it for several hours every day so it is worth it to me. I have since removed the couch and moved the ottoman to underneath the side table. A noticeable improvement in sound.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Main 2ch/HT:Acoustat 2+2,Axiom EP500,Ray Lumley M-100, Bedini BA-803,Threshold T3,JRDG Consumate Phono, Lenco L75, ZYX Universe cart,Oppo BDP 95(transport), Calyx Femto DAC,Bryston BDP-2,Pioneer F-91 tuner,Studer A807 r2r,Consonance d-Linear15 power filter, DVDO Matrix 4x4,Mitsubishi HC-5 projector, Audience Au24e and LectraLine Xe cables,Cullen Power Distribution Box with upgraded cable
    Bedroom 2ch/HT:Tetra 406, Forte model2pre,Forte model3amp,TeacUD503,Faroudja DV1000,PioneerCLD-97 ld player,Thorens TD-146,PioneerTX-9800,Mitsubishi HC5 projector,Tetra Artet cables

So which one is you? The one in the middle? You are a cat right?

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    I really like my Fortress Corona chair, it is the most comfortable chair I have ever had. It is a bit expensive ($2200 used) but I use it for several hours every day so it is worth it to me. I have since removed the couch and moved the ottoman to underneath the side table. A noticeable improvement in sound.

You should have one cat for each remote you need a few more cats
    Lyra Atlas, tri-planner, clear audio statement, Burmester 100, Ayre KXR20, Ayre MXR20, Ayre DX5, Adept Response line conditioner, Ayre signature interconnects, Cardas clear power cables,cardas clear speaker cables and Martin Logan CLX with Decenti subs with Cardas hex link.
    Not in use Infinity QLS and Ohm F

LOL. More like I'm the one on the ottoman. I just took in another stray kitten that took up residence in my garage. He seems to have a little difficulty with his hind legs so I took pity on him, I doubt he'd survive the winter. That makes 5 so I am getting close to the 1:1 cat to remote ratio.
    Main 2ch/HT:Acoustat 2+2,Axiom EP500,Ray Lumley M-100, Bedini BA-803,Threshold T3,JRDG Consumate Phono, Lenco L75, ZYX Universe cart,Oppo BDP 95(transport), Calyx Femto DAC,Bryston BDP-2,Pioneer F-91 tuner,Studer A807 r2r,Consonance d-Linear15 power filter, DVDO Matrix 4x4,Mitsubishi HC-5 projector, Audience Au24e and LectraLine Xe cables,Cullen Power Distribution Box with upgraded cable
    Bedroom 2ch/HT:Tetra 406, Forte model2pre,Forte model3amp,TeacUD503,Faroudja DV1000,PioneerCLD-97 ld player,Thorens TD-146,PioneerTX-9800,Mitsubishi HC5 projector,Tetra Artet cables

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    LOL. More like I'm the one on the ottoman. I just took in another stray kitten that took up residence in my garage. He seems to have a little difficulty with his hind legs so I took pity on him, I doubt he'd survive the winter. That makes 5 so I am getting close to the 1:1 cat to remote ratio.
    I have 2 and a stray that drops by for food. I am going to start throwing out remotes right now.
    Lyra Atlas, tri-planner, clear audio statement, Burmester 100, Ayre KXR20, Ayre MXR20, Ayre DX5, Adept Response line conditioner, Ayre signature interconnects, Cardas clear power cables,cardas clear speaker cables and Martin Logan CLX with Decenti subs with Cardas hex link.
    Not in use Infinity QLS and Ohm F

I enjoy my HM Eames Lounge chair especially when listening to headphones. So comfortable! Check them out...

Don't you find it too short for the D3s?

Quote Originally Posted by La Dolce Vita View Post
    I enjoy my HM Eames Lounge chair especially when listening to headphones. So comfortable! Check them out...
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Yes...I have 2 but do not use them positioned in front of D3's...just for listening with headphones or monitors.

Makes sense. Awesome chairs - I had talked myself out of buying one a couple years ago because of the height limitation. My current chair is too low and I have it on risers to get them to a better height. If I spend money of a new chair, I'd like to get rid of the risers.

I was hoping that you had figured out how to raise the Eames chair up.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Makes sense. Awesome chairs - I had talked myself out of buying one a couple years ago because of the height limitation. My current chair is too low and I have it on risers to get it to a better height. If I spend money of a new chair, I'd like to get rid of the risers.

I was hoping that you had figured out how to raise the Eames chair up.
    Jock

---------

Quote Originally Posted by La Dolce Vita View Post
    Yes...I have 2 but do not use them positioned in front of D3's...just for listening with headphones or monitors.
    If height is a concern, the Ekornes/Stressless chairs have a "booster" that can bolt onto the bottom of all their chair's bases giving them about a 4" rise (I think they have another that give a bit more rise too but you have to rub that one a lot ; LOL 0 ) -- sorry, a bit too cheeky for this forum??

Bryan

Every night I try to get at least 20 mins in my Lazy Boy for some near field listening. It's not the height of style but it feels sooo good and I'm sure the corduroy acts as a diffuser behind my ears!
    Dreams of bright shiny objects...
    ATC SCM7 Mk3 / NAD 218 THX / Luxman TP-117 / Sony CA70ES / Technics SL-6 + Ortofon OMP 30

Great Bryan, not too cheeky in the least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Audioshark

Revisiting this thread. Looking for a chair that doesn't sit too low and also doesn't have a high back (you want nothing behind your head ideally). Any thoughts?
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Revisiting this thread. Looking for a chair that doesn't sit too low and also doesn't have a high back (you want nothing behind your head ideally). Any thoughts?
    Check this one out Mike, pricey but what isn´t in this hobby: http://www.audiostream.com/content/gamut-lobster-chair

Not as glamorous but certainly ergonomic and adjustable

https://youtu.be/wUQ3VhJbFpk

Mike,

I've had good luck with the super affordable Poang chair from Ikea... I removed the the upper portion that supported the headrest...and voila, mission accomplished I adjusted the height/ seat back rake by raising the lower back end of the base about 3 inches.
    Not very high tech , but it works for me BTW, just added 2 Adioquest Niagara's 1000's for my mono amps Best bang or the buck out there....

Thanks for your and all the Sharks who made me aware of how great it sounds.. $ 995.00 each is a lot more affordable the superior 7000... Bet your Magico trip was rewarding .... Thanks again, Tom

Forgot to mention the ABILC (Annoying Brother In Law Chair) if you are in need of solitude I can absolutely guarantee just bringing this out will make unwelcome guests break the sound barrier as they leave

look to the office furniture industry. You'll find something with ajustabilty. Aeron comes to mind.

I recently replaced my listening chair with an IKEA POÄNG. It is really comfortable and at less than $200 very affordable too.

Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Ralph,
    I've used a Poang for over 15 years... Mine had a detachable leather head rest. I removed the top 7 or so inches so that there was no obstruction behind my head.. Looks like yours is an newer design...

All the best,
    Tom

I still have my Stressless Vegas chair, but moved it onto our study. I now use a Human Touch Bali in my listening room. I've had massage chairs before (even got another one in our basement theater room), but this one is something else. I can actually sit in it comfortably when it's not massaging me, and when I'm not listening critically I can get a great massage. I thought the height of the chair back was an issue too and going from the Vegas chair to this one there's an obvious difference in height. However, I don't think the difference is significant enough to discard the chair over.

Knowing what I do now, I'd take the same approach to chairs as I did stereo gear -- get what YOU like and not what everyone else does

I really like your acoustical wall treatments. What/who is the manufacturer?

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    I recently replaced my listening chair with an IKEA POÄNG. It is really comfortable and at less than $100 very affordable too.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosiertom View Post
    Ralph,
    I've used a Poang for over 15 years... Mine had a detachable leather head rest. I removed the top 7 or so inches so that there was no obstruction behind my head.. Looks like yours is an newer design...

All the best,
    Tom
    Hello Tom,

Nice to hear from you.

I'd read you had an IKEA POÄNG and noted a lot of other audiophiles have as well.

The POÄNG Chair is one of IKEA's longest-running and best-selling designs. It was introduced in 1977 as the POEM (the name changed to POÄNG in 1992) and designed by Noboru Nakamura, a Japanese IKEA designer who was given the task of creating an "armchair for life."

There have been lots of iterations over the years, mine uses machine washable cotton fabric and as i'm 6 ft tall my ears are well above the headrest so no modification was necessary.

I am very pleased with the purchase.

Cheers
    Ralph
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Quote Originally Posted by radioactive View Post
    I really like your acoustical wall treatments. What/who is the manufacturer?
    If you are referring to the panels behind the equipment rack they are Vicoustic Wavewoods. http://www.vicoustic.com/category/h-h-products

Ralph,

Glad to see the Poang chair added to the room... My older chair needed the minor surgery to remove headrest for clearance..When you have the opportunity, I and lots of Sharks would really appreciate hearing about any further updates to your room, especially your feedback on the upgraded D 2.1 Raidho speakers.

All the best,
    Tom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Chair Or Other Listening Seat Recommendations?