Music First Preamps...Thoughts? - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Music First Preamps...Thoughts?

ah thanks for that link . good to read . seems to me the mfa v2 is better for less money !

good to see steves thoughts
    if one must have a passive, I think the British Music First Baby Reference passive is a better deal at much less money. I like it it for its strengths at its price. It does a few things that demonstrate an advantage to transformers rather than resistors for volume attenuation. By contrast, the Bespoke, IMO does not particularly make a case for any advantage of a TVC. It sounds very accurate, it is impressive in build quality, but the sound is not what I search for, particularly at its price. It can be described as neutral, and therefore an improvement from preamps that take away from a system's sound. But, other preamps I have heard can also be VERY close to neutral, while still either adding or preserving the audiophile nuances that are so important to us. lovers of fine sound
    modwright 36.5dm . msb s200 . Marantz sa8005, bel canto 3.5 vbs , bel canto fm1 tuner . verity audio Rienzi speakers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    ah thanks for that link . good to read . seems to me the mfa v2 is better for less money !
    I've had no possibility to compare v1 and v2, but after reading everything I could find about the MFA preamps I was pretty clear on that I wanted a Baby Reference v2. I had the possibility to buy both a second hand v1 Classic and a v1 Baby Reference but in the end opted for a v2 Baby Classic instead. Couldn't afford the Reference at this time and it also felt good to support Jonathan and his work by buying from him. I hope to be able to upgrade one day though, but right now I honestly really don't feel the need as it has already slaughtered all my expectations....

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
    Roon & HQPlayer | microRendu | LampizatOr Golden Atlantic | Music First Baby Classic "v2" | Nord One SE UP NC500DM | PMC Fact.8 | Ansuz cables, power & decouplers

Post Thanks / Like

just before I had my modwrights I had a copper classic mark 2 . absolutely sweet pre amp . would very happily live it again . have fun

this is my thoughts from a few years back

https://www.rdhworld.co.uk/phpBB3/vi...1&f=11&t=21390
    modwright 36.5dm . msb s200 . Marantz sa8005, bel canto 3.5 vbs , bel canto fm1 tuner . verity audio Rienzi speakers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2