The Vinyl Stack ULTRA...new way to ultrasonic clean vinyl - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Vinyl Stack ULTRA...new way to ultrasonic clean vinyl

Rob,

Are you still loving the Loricraft record cleaner? Thoughts on it since you've had it?

I've been watching some of the videos on how it works and it looks really good with pretty low maintenance.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by puroagave View Post
    Garth, this 'system' doesn't contact the playing surface of your records, it merely hangs them in a bath of cleaning solution while rotating a 1 RPM. The Vinyl Stack is height adjustable (on the fly) and it will dunk the vinyl to whatever depth you wish. It can't wet the label unless you intentionally do so. There is no 'drying' feature, other than drip drying on the stand (optional). The Trusonik is the same unit David uses for the v-8, the advantage over the AD and KL is the adjustable cavitation and heater.

I recently acquired the Loricraft which is a point nozzle type machine, so far I can say its leagues ahead of the tube/slot vac type machines I've used (VPI, Nitty Gritty, okki nokki, etc). I'll go on to say its deep clean capabilities have improved records previously cleaned on the KL and my own DIY ultrasonic.
    Last edited by joeinid; January 2, 2017 at 12:34 AM.
    Joe

JOB 250 Monoblocks, Job INTegrated, Triode Corporation TRX-M845 Monoblocks, Ayre MX-R Twenty monos, Ayre KX-R Twenty, Accuphase A-36, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Falcon LS3/5a, Sonus Faber Stradivari, Revel Ultima Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch Palladium P17-b, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, KEF LS50, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber RCA and XLR cable, VPI Classic 3, VPI SDS, Lyra Kleos, Burmester 948, Metric Halo LIO-8, Lumin U1. PS Audio DirectStream DAC with Bridge II, McIntosh MC303, Linear Tube Audio MZ2 - MicroZOTL2.0 Preamplifier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Rob,

Are you still loving the Loricraft record cleaner? Thoughts on it since you've had it?

I've been watching some of the videos on how it works and it looks really good with pretty low maintenance.

Thanks!
    Hi Joe, I acquired it as a "poor mans" Keith Monks RCM if $2400 can be called poor mans. I have the newer version with the stronger vacuum motor. It is more fiddly than a VPI or the like as you must level it and tweek it like a turntable for the arm to 'track' properly. Its advantage over slot-type vacuum RCMs like every other design is that it focuses the suction at one point and is more effective at sucking out loose grime.

I use the Lori in conjunction with the DIY Ultra Sonic machine at the final rinse. I allow the records to drip dry when I pull them out of the US machine. Instead of blow drying or vacuuming the record, my last step is to rehydrate the record on the Lori and 'suck dry' it for play/storage. another not insignificant advantage to the Lori is that it leaves the vinyl completely static-free, try that with the VPI, Nitty Gritty, et al.
    Rob

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much! That helps.
    Joe

JOB 250 Monoblocks, Job INTegrated, Triode Corporation TRX-M845 Monoblocks, Ayre MX-R Twenty monos, Ayre KX-R Twenty, Accuphase A-36, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Falcon LS3/5a, Sonus Faber Stradivari, Revel Ultima Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch Palladium P17-b, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, KEF LS50, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber RCA and XLR cable, VPI Classic 3, VPI SDS, Lyra Kleos, Burmester 948, Metric Halo LIO-8, Lumin U1. PS Audio DirectStream DAC with Bridge II, McIntosh MC303, Linear Tube Audio MZ2 - MicroZOTL2.0 Preamplifier.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2