Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Steinmusic Harmonizer

Has anyone tried the Stein Harmonizers? Interesting and, naturally, rave reviews everywhere! As someone new to Audiophildom, I'm noticing a trend...

I can accept the Stein concept of "elongating the air/sound molecules", but when it comes to the $750 resonating "Magic Rocks", I just have to take pause… That's where I draw the line, and for no other reason, than my family would ridicule me mercilessly.

But I would be interested in auditioning the Harmonizers.
    Source: Taiko Audio Server, Cisco 2960 Switch, Gigafoil, Lampizator Pacific Dac. Amp: Bakoon 13r Speakers: AvantGarde Duo Mezzo XD, Cables: Alan Maher Designs Power, Duelund Speaker, Shunyata Sigma IC's Audioquest Diamond ethernet. Room Treatment Vicoustic.

Re: Steinmusic Harmonizer

Well I'll jump in and take a chance that the ridicule won't follow and say that I've used them for several years now and would not wish to part with them.
    I too am satisfied with the "elongation of air molecules" reasoning behind its function.
    The proof is always in the listening and to my ears they do seem to make my listening room have much less of an influence. There is a marked increase in image depth,width,
    and height and a more "you are there" feeling to the reproduction. Sometimes the music will wrap around your head like surround sound.
    They are expensive but so are some brands of cables and power conditioners.There price is in line with other high-end tweaks.
    Accuphase A-75, C-3850, DP-750, T-1200, C-37, P-530 / Magico S7, Mcoat Red w/Mpod / LessLoss C-MARC Entropic cables (Spk. IC's PC's) / Clearaudio Innovation Wood, 9" Universal arm ,VTA adj. Outer Limit platter ring, Statement clamp / SteinMusic PI Carbon Signature Mat /My Sonic Lab Ultra Eminent EX MC cart./ Clearaudio 24v Battery PSU / Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth / B]Onyx Plus[/B] Sirius XM Sat Radio / Synergistic Research Galileo PowerCell SX ,Active Ground Block SE ,Black Box ,Acoustic ART, Atmosphere Infinity ,UEF panels /Stillpoints Apeture II panels /Furutech GTX-D NCF duplex outlets, NFC Booster-Braces/ 20a dedicated lines / SteinMusic H2 Harmonizers / Adona Eris II 5C racks / Symposium Acoustics Svelt Shelves /HRS Damping plates / KLAudio Ultrasonic RCM / Clearaudio Smart Matrix Pro. RCM /Kemp Electroniks SR plugs,/ Akiko Audio Corelli PLC,Tuning Sticks/ LessLoss Firewall 640X, Blackbody v.2, BlackGround Power Base 10X, Blackground Speaker Base 8X, Firewall for speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Willco View Post
    Has anyone tried the Stein Harmonizers? Interesting and, naturally, rave reviews everywhere! As someone new to Audiophildom, I'm noticing a trend...

I can accept the Stein concept of "elongating the air/sound molecules", but when it comes to the $750 resonating "Magic Rocks", I just have to take pause… That's where I draw the line, and for no other reason, than my family would ridicule me mercilessly.

But I would be interested in auditioning the Harmonizers.
    Elongating the air/sound molecules?? I'm sorry but

Likewise for the magic rocks. The only magic there is how the manufacturers get the money out of your pocket and into theirs.
    Listening Room: McIntosh C46, MEN220, MCD500, MR78-Modafferi modified, MPI4, MC602 (2), Pass Labs XVR1 (three-way), tri-amplified Infinity IRS Series V, TailTwister T2X rotator, AtlasSound FMA Rack, dedicated electrical sub-panel, NO TV!

Living Room: McIntosh C28, MC2300, Revox B226, Tascam CD355, Thorens TD125 MKII w/vacuum platter, Rabco SL-8E, Grace F9-E, McIntosh ML-2C (2) & ML-1C (4) stacked, MQ-107, SAE 2800, Nakamichi Dragon, Tandberg 64X, JL Audio f113 (2), NO TV!

Has anyone tried the Synergistic Research HFT. Those are at least reasonably priced. I have SR cables and must admit their magic potion seems to work.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryProtein View Post
    The only magic there is how the manufacturers get the money out of your pocket and into theirs.
    And so the ridicule flows from the spokesman....
    I guess your not alone on this forum either...just another card carrying member of the pathetic little clique of old men who can't hear past their own intolerance.
    (or 10 Khz...if your luck)
    Accuphase A-75, C-3850, DP-750, T-1200, C-37, P-530 / Magico S7, Mcoat Red w/Mpod / LessLoss C-MARC Entropic cables (Spk. IC's PC's) / Clearaudio Innovation Wood, 9" Universal arm ,VTA adj. Outer Limit platter ring, Statement clamp / SteinMusic PI Carbon Signature Mat /My Sonic Lab Ultra Eminent EX MC cart./ Clearaudio 24v Battery PSU / Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth / B]Onyx Plus[/B] Sirius XM Sat Radio / Synergistic Research Galileo PowerCell SX ,Active Ground Block SE ,Black Box ,Acoustic ART, Atmosphere Infinity ,UEF panels /Stillpoints Apeture II panels /Furutech GTX-D NCF duplex outlets, NFC Booster-Braces/ 20a dedicated lines / SteinMusic H2 Harmonizers / Adona Eris II 5C racks / Symposium Acoustics Svelt Shelves /HRS Damping plates / KLAudio Ultrasonic RCM / Clearaudio Smart Matrix Pro. RCM /Kemp Electroniks SR plugs,/ Akiko Audio Corelli PLC,Tuning Sticks/ LessLoss Firewall 640X, Blackbody v.2, BlackGround Power Base 10X, Blackground Speaker Base 8X, Firewall for speakers

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum sdp671.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Magic Rocks are easy to ridicule. Calling them such is a real marketing blunder on the part of Stein. They could have come up with a more scientific sounding name like "parallel resonators"...

I would love to demo the Harmonizer. I trust my ears enough to know if something is working or not.

I just returned Stillpoints Ultras and Symposium Svelte's because my ears told me my system sounds better without. As far as I'm concerned, if I hear a more than subtle difference with a tweak, no matter how little known science exists to explain it, then it's real--just unexplained real.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
    And so the ridicule flows from the spokesman....
    I guess your not alone on this forum either...just another card carrying member of the pathetic little clique of old men who can't hear past their own intolerance.
    (or 10 Khz...if your luck)

I have an open mind on these matters, but it's not so open that logic and reason falls out.

All too much of this hobby is based on tweaks that serve no purpose other than to enrich those with vivid imaginations on how to get the most out of people's stereo components by creating ersatz devices and making ridiculous and unsubstantiated claims. [Elongating the air/sound molecules. . . .REALLY????]

Having attended only four rock concerts in my life [Billy Joel, Elton John, Moody Blues and one other that was less memorable] I'll put my hearing against anyone who attends those present day horror shows whose promoters claim they perform "music."

If you like your components, either save your money or SPEND IT ON MUSIC.
    Listening Room: McIntosh C46, MEN220, MCD500, MR78-Modafferi modified, MPI4, MC602 (2), Pass Labs XVR1 (three-way), tri-amplified Infinity IRS Series V, TailTwister T2X rotator, AtlasSound FMA Rack, dedicated electrical sub-panel, NO TV!

Living Room: McIntosh C28, MC2300, Revox B226, Tascam CD355, Thorens TD125 MKII w/vacuum platter, Rabco SL-8E, Grace F9-E, McIntosh ML-2C (2) & ML-1C (4) stacked, MQ-107, SAE 2800, Nakamichi Dragon, Tandberg 64X, JL Audio f113 (2), NO TV!

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Steinmusic Harmonizer