Raidho X1 Review - Page 5
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Raidho X1 Review

I'm wondering if the issue might be due to SAM's excursion protection being perhaps a bit too 'safe' with Raidho (well C-1.1s and X-1s at least)? These speakers do shift a lot of air for small-ish drivers and possibly are designed to have greater cone travel than is normal for most speakers. Perhaps Devialet are limiting the travel in line with other brands of speakers without realising Raidhos can handle more movement? Would be interesting if Lars or Michael were reading this. I'm probably completely wrong...

Post Thanks / Like

It's a 2 way speaker so too much excursion will increase the IMD tremendously, The Devialet could be clipping with the SAM, leading to the woofer noises being described.

Post Thanks / Like

I asked Lars about a year ago regarding SAM and I can say he is not a fan of altering the signal. He said the drivers designed for a flat signal and increasing any part of only adds to distortion. I did hear Sam with X3's with the 400 mono's and preferred no Sam. I also think the SAM was for the C2.1's or D2's so that had something to do with it.

As far as the screws they are for the bracket/plate that holds the drivers. The drivers are screwed in the back of the plate which you can't see without removing it. Regardless I would keep them snug.
    George

Aavik U300 - Raidho D3.1's in Walnut burl with black trim - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz D-TC with 1 Ansuz D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Post Thanks / Like

Roestano If must have more bass maybe the XT2 or C1.1 might be a better choice. The C1.2 should be released soon. It will have all of the upgrades the Dx.1 has. Better surrounds - voice coil shield - better air flow and a 'tweaked' crossover.
    George

Aavik U300 - Raidho D3.1's in Walnut burl with black trim - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz D-TC with 1 Ansuz D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    I asked Lars about a year ago regarding SAM and I can say he is not a fan of altering the signal. He said the drivers designed for a flat signal and increasing any part of only adds to distortion. I did hear Sam with X3's with the 400 mono's and preferred no Sam. [...]

That is correct George and furthermore I believe - for the reason you cite - that Raidho have not supported the SAM profiling of their loudspeakers.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5