Boenicke Audio W8 - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boenicke Audio W8

Quote Originally Posted by Showroom Dummies View Post
    I don't understand what you are saying.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
    we're talking about the wideband driver (silver cone) that resembles a Jordan driver.
    Rob

2. Thanks Showroom Dummies thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I notice that this speaker does not have a ribbon tweeter.
    Why do a lot of top speakers have a ribbon tweeter and others don't?
    Boenicke Audio W8 Speakers with SwingBase; Roksan Caspian CD Player; MFA Classic V2; Nord One SE UP NC500DM Stereo ; SRM Arezzo Turntable; Lumin D1 with Sbooster; Synology DS215j; Van Damme Blue series/Mark Grant

ATMOS/DTS X 5.1.4: Sony VPL-HW45ES; 97" Filmex Screen; Arcam AVR390; Nakamichi AVP1; Sony BDP-S7200; XTZ Cinema Series: M6, S5, S2; XTZ 12.17 Sub

Post Thanks / Like

pro`s and cons with both i guess . i asked a similar question recently

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/s...ibbon+tweeters

i note proac offer the d30 in silk dome and ribbon form
    modwright 36.5dm . msb s200 . Marantz sa8005, bel canto 3.5 vbs , bel canto fm1 tuner . proac 125 speakers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    pro`s and cons with both i guess . i asked a similar question recently

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/s...ibbon+tweeters

i note proac offer the d30 in silk dome and ribbon form
    Thanks for the link. I'll have a read now.
    Boenicke Audio W8 Speakers with SwingBase; Roksan Caspian CD Player; MFA Classic V2; Nord One SE UP NC500DM Stereo ; SRM Arezzo Turntable; Lumin D1 with Sbooster; Synology DS215j; Van Damme Blue series/Mark Grant

ATMOS/DTS X 5.1.4: Sony VPL-HW45ES; 97" Filmex Screen; Arcam AVR390; Nakamichi AVP1; Sony BDP-S7200; XTZ Cinema Series: M6, S5, S2; XTZ 12.17 Sub

Post Thanks / Like

They've arrived!

And Wow! I couldn't believe how small they were and I've read that they need a good few hours before they are at their best, but I find they are bloody good already!

I'm listening to the Best of James Taylor in 24bit and it sounds brilliant.

I was reading a review of these speakers by an Australian magazine and the reviewer mentioned that they do need a lot of power to run well.
    Sven Boenicke saw the review and emailed to say to run his speakers really well you need 1000 watts into 4 ohms! That is a load of power.
    The specs for my amp is 700 watts into 4 ohms so I'm not far off

7. Likes VoicesInMyHead, Narayan, joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Makes me smile each time I come back into the room:
    It looks like my Vienna Acoustics have shrunk. I can't get over how small the Boenicke's are

Post Thanks / Like

I love that chair! Anyone know who makes it?
    Living room:

• McIntosh D1100
    • McIntosh MC601 mono blocks
    • Focal Sopra 2
    • McIntosh MCT450
    • Aurender N10

Office:

• McIntosh C2600
    • McIntosh MC275
    • Focal Sopra 1 + Focal Utopia headphones
    • Aurender N100C

Post Thanks / Like

Fascinating design!

Le Roy

Austin, Tx : Soulution 520 preamp, 501 mono blocks, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D3.1, Lumin U1, Lampi Big 7 SE, Uptone Audio Modded Mac Mini w/ MMK fanless kit & JS-2 LPS, Regen, Ansuz Diamond Loom, Oppo 105D, QNAP TS-451+

Chicagoland : Soulution 725 preamp, 711 stereo amp, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D5.1, Naim UnitiServe 2TB, Ansuz d-tc Loom (complete), Teac X1000 R2R, QNAP TS-451+

Foundation:
    Raidho Rack system, Ansuz (3) Mainz D8 Distribution, 20 amp dedicated outlets via subpanel

11. Likes joeinid, Showroom Dummies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have my speakers turned inwards towards my listening position.

I guess it is different for all manufacturers but should the speakers be facing directly towards my head, or toed in slightly more so that they are pointing to my opposite ear?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2