Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Mornin' Joe: Mr Green Beans What's In Your Roaster/Mug?

Everyone... Roasting our coffee for the next 3 days. This one is Honduras Juan Contreras, Santa Barbara Microlot
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Jeff

AMP: McIntosh MC402 PRE: McIntosh C2300 Digital: Gold Note DS-10 & PSU-10 EVO TURNTABLE: Dr. Feickert Blackbird PHONO STAGE: Gold Note PH-10 & PSU-10 SPEAKERS: Aerial Acoustics Model 8B’s

“The more you tighten your grip Tarkin the more star systems will slip through your fingers”

Roasted a pound of Brazil Bob-O-Link Moka Peaberry this morning myself.
    John

Main: TD 125 ll/Grace 707ll/Grace F9E/Soundsmith OCL Ruby/MP-P1; Dual CS 5000/Grado Gold/Emotiva XPS-1; Denon CDP; Emo USP1; Emo XPA-1L Monoblocks/Dahlquist DQ-10's; Sony TA-n55ES Bridged/Dahlquist 1W Sub
    Cube Dweller: MacBook Pro or iPod dock/Schiit Lyr/Yamaha HP-1

I picked up some coffee from a small grocer around here that carries a somewhat local coffee. My God it's awful!!! I guess it's time to buy online.
    Doug

Audioshark

I know all the coffee connoisseurs will moan, but I just picked up a Keurig VUE. The Italian Roast is terrific. I also bought a solofill cup so I can grind my own beans and use them. I consider the Keurig VUE considerably better than the older K cup Keurg system.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

I finally had a decent cup of coffee this morning. Starbucks Sumatra through a french press. Tasty!
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I know all the coffee connoisseurs will moan, but I just picked up a Keurig VUE. The Italian Roast is terrific. I also bought a solofill cup so I can grind my own beans and use them. I consider the Keurig VUE considerably better than the older K cup Keurg system.
    Mike, can you use anyone's pods with this or is it compatible with VUE only?
    Doug

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)

I am enjoying fresh ground Peets Aged Sumatra !! Through my Technivorm coffeemaker ! I also own a French Press,and enjoy that as well !!
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs XP32......incoming
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by dlb2 View Post
    I just bought a "Solofill" for Keurig VUE. www.solofill.com

You can put your own coffee in it. Of course, you can buy any VUE cup already filled with ground coffee.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Doug, It uses Vue only pods. Even the usual K-Cup won't work with the Vue.
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    REL Subs

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by MDP View Post
    True. I find the VUE more flexible. I have the old Keurig and found the cup sizes wanting. The new VUE has a coffee thermos/travel mug option.

With the Solofill for VUE (make sure you don't buy their K cup one by accident), you can put your own ground coffee in it and as little or as much as you need.

I like a particular Kona coffee, so for me, this is great. I also keep some Starbucks Sumatra around when I need a real jolt!

I picked up some coffee from a small grocer around here that carries a somewhat local coffee. My God it's awful!!! I guess it's time to buy online.
    Hey Doug, I know the guys that roast their own will snicker,but I order online from Peets, they roast and ship on Wednesdays , when it's delivered , it's super fresh, much ,much better than at the grocery stores. The coffees still have a lot of their oils still there, not dry.
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    REL Subs

I just bought a "Solofill" for Keurig VUE. Solofill Cup, Reusable K-Cup, Refillable K-Cup for Keurig Brewers

You can put your own coffee in it. Of course, you can buy any VUE cup already filled with ground coffee.
    That's nice that you can use it with any coffee you want, but it kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it?!!!

Incompatible even with it's other products, that's just great. Thanks Mark.
    Doug

Hey Doug, I know the guys that roast their own will snicker,but I order online from Peets, they roast and ship on Wednesdays , when it's delivered , it's super fresh, much ,much better than at the grocery stores. The coffees still have a lot of their oils still there, not dry.
    Sounds good. I'll give them a shot. Is this their site? Peet's Coffee & Tea
    Doug

Audioshark

That's nice that you can use it with any coffee you want, but it kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it?!!!
    Well, not exactly. The point of the single serve is only to make what you need and not waste any (like with a pot of coffee). It's also fast and ready in seconds (literally).

They have quite a few VUE cup brands and tastes - and are always adding more. I just like the option of using my own Kona beans from time to time.

Just messin' with you Mike!

I agree, it is a good way to make a cup of coffee without the waste.
    Doug

Starbucks Verismo machine for me......Pikes Place Coffee this morning

starbucks-verismo-xl.jpg

Sorry but that's not a good thing. Over roasting is what brings the oils to the surface of the bean where they instantly begin to degrade and turn rancid as do most all edible vegetable oils except walnut which is why it is used for salad bowls and wooden utensils. Over roasting is how inferior beans are passed off by "Big Coffee". Shiny coffee beans are a no no.
    John

Main: TD 125 ll/Grace 707ll/Grace F9E/Soundsmith OCL Ruby/MP-P1; Dual CS 5000/Grado Gold/Emotiva XPS-1; Denon CDP; Emo USP1; Emo XPA-1L Monoblocks/Dahlquist DQ-10's; Sony TA-n55ES Bridged/Dahlquist 1W Sub

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by volks View Post
    Starbucks Verismo machine for me......Pikes Place Coffee this morning

starbucks-verismo-xl.jpg
    What Mike? No Timmy's? I really do like their coffee. I try to get it here.

What Mike? No Timmy's? I really do like their coffee. I try to get it here.

Mike i am so sorry, but Tim Hortons is not my choice at all.....i actually find it disgusting and i believe it should not even be called "Coffee" lol( no offense) ............................but according to Wiki......"As of 1 July 2012, Tim Hortons has 4,071 restaurants, including 3,355 in Canada, 745 in the United States, 20 in United Arab Emirates and 3 in Oman" ....and they are in the Southern states, so you might be able to grab a cup ,but ......if you really want some...give me your address and i will send you a bag of Tims coffee

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by volks View Post
    Mike i am so sorry, but Tim Hortons is not my choice at all.....i actually find it disgusting and i believe it should not even be called "Coffee" lol( no offense) ............................but according to Wiki......"As of 1 July 2012, Tim Hortons has 4,071 restaurants, including 3,355 in Canada, 745 in the United States, 20 in United Arab Emirates and 3 in Oman" ....and they are in the Southern states, so you might be able to grab a cup ,but ......if you really want some...give me your address and i will send you a bag of Tims coffee
    LMAO! It must be the blue collar Canadian in me!

Quote Originally Posted by elcoholic View Post
    Sorry but that's not a good thing. Over roasting is what brings the oils to the surface of the bean where they instantly begin to degrade and turn rancid as do most all edible vegetable oils except walnut which is why it is used for salad bowls and wooden utensils. Over roasting is how inferior beans are passed off by "Big Coffee". Shiny coffee beans are a no no.
    Thanks John, I'm no expert on coffee roasting, but I do love the taste of Peets Coffee !!
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    REL Subs

Sounds good. I'll give them a shot. Is this their site? Peet's Coffee & Tea
    That's it !
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    REL Subs

Well, not exactly. The point of the single serve is only to make what you need and not waste any (like with a pot of coffee). It's also fast and ready in seconds (literally).

They have quite a few VUE cup brands and tastes - and are always adding more. I just like the option of using my own Kona beans from time to time.
    Mike, I also own a Keurig ! And use it everyday !!
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    REL Subs

Wish you guys live near by.
    Trung

If you think you're too small to make a difference, You haven't spent a night with a mosquito.

We are WHALE Sharks

I am having my reheated coffee from this mornings perk..What you do is awesome though, some day I may get a chance to taste freshly roasted beans!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Vintage System , Onkyo A-8017,JVC T-X200 Tuner,PL-550, Philips 406,Akai CS-F33R cassette deck,DCD-570 CD,EPI 100's, Teac A-1500 RTR.
    Vintage System 2, Heathkit AA-32, Heathkit AJ-13, Sansui SP-30 speakers, AR-XA , Marantz 5010b Cassette deck, Teac A-1500W #2 Sony SB-300 selector Box.
    Main System Carver M200-t power amp, Thorens TD-166 MKii tt, Marantz CD5001, ESS Heil Tower speakers, Gemini PA-7000 preamp, Adcom Tuner.
    Vintage System 3, Pioneer SX-850, Luxman PX-100 Turntable,

Quote Originally Posted by HiFive View Post
    Wish you guys live near by.
    Vietnamese Coffee Guys, this is some good stuff, I know,because Trung brought some with him when he came to visit !!
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    REL Subs

A pound of Brazil Bob-O-Link Peaberry in the Roaster

Coming Attractions, 5 lbs. each of:
    On your left - Brazil Bob-O-Link Yellow Label
    On your right - Guatamala Antigua Los Felicidad
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John

Quote Originally Posted by elcoholic View Post
    A pound of Brazil Bob-O-Link Peaberry in the Roaster

Coming Attractions, 5 lbs. each of:
    On your left - Brazil Bob-O-Link Yellow Label
    On your right - Guatamala Antigua Los Felicidad

Love that little roaster
    Main System:Mcintosh MC601's Amplifer,Mcintosh C1000/C1000T Preamp,Kef Ref 5 Speakers,Mcintosh MCD1100 CDP,Mcintosh MT 5 TT, Olive 04HD, Acoustic Zen Absolute Shotgun Cables,4 ELECTRA™ 7 Power Cords&2 Pairs of
    ECLIPSE 7 (EBI) XLR's, Consonance D-Linear 15 Ultra Reference Power Conditioner/Surge Protector, SolidTech "Rack of Silence"Reference 4 Audio Stand.

holy backflash Batman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Mornin' Joe: Mr Green Beans What's In Your Roaster/Mug?