Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: The N100 Owners Thread

http://files.aurender.com/AurenderMe...indows.210.zip

Hope I don't catch hell for posting.
    Russ

Found the extract below on the net, which appears to be from a newsletter to dealers. It appears to suggest that the N100H can be used like an X100L, without AMM. Further, the recommendation appears to be N100H first, for those who do not need more than a 2TB music library, with the X100L recommended for those who require more storage. Is Aurender tacitly relegating the N100 to the back catalogue?

===

N100H

We are pleased to announce another new model, the N100H. Based on the N100, the N100H features a 2.5 inch 2TB HDD that’s factory installed.

We are offering this derivative model for two reasons. Firstly, we realized the limitations of offering a model that requires external storage exclusively and AMM for proper file tagging. Secondly, Aurender's entire model range offers internal storage, therefore by adding storage to the N100, we bring consistency to the Aurender product line. Of course we will still offer the N100 as a model for those IT savvy dealers and endusers who are proficient at using network attached storage devices and AMM.

Since the Aurender interface requirement for external USB or NAS is different from other music servers on the market, the learning curve is a bit steeper with this model. Consequently, we would strongly encourage our dealers and distributors to lead with the N100H and reserve the N100 for only those users qualified and knowledgeable in IT matters and who are willing and able to use AMM. We’ve priced N100H to be highly competitive and an extremely good value. And should the customer require more storage, an option would be stepping into an X100L. The N100H will begin shipping midMay.

Thanks Russ!

Quote Originally Posted by nfnc View Post
    Is Aurender tacitly relegating the N100 to the back catalogue?
    Of course we will still offer the N100 as a model for those IT savvy dealers and endusers who are proficient at using network attached storage devices and AMM.
    I have to admit...their language is pretty dismissive; but then I think they make their position clear.

I haven't tried the AMM yet; but I assume it'll work, like any number of media servers. So I don't expect it to be "hard".

But yes...I'm who they're talking about; I've been streaming, for over 10 years...and am an IT Geek by trade, to boot.

At first...I was really put off, that you needed AMM to tag files from the NAS. But if the alternative is, I have to have a hard drive in the room...or just host it somewhere outside the room; I'll take the later.
    CD

DAC/Pre-amp - PSAudio DsJ > Power-amp - > Speakers - PMC TwentyFive 23s

Quote Originally Posted by russellbobby View Post
    http://files.aurender.com/AurenderMe...indows.210.zip

Hope I don't catch hell for posting.
    Russ
    Thanks VERY much for posting this. It worked a charm for me on a Win 8.1 Ultrabook... Install the setup file and launch AMM:

Step 1: select N100 from list or enter its IP address
    step 2: select EITHER a top level NAS share path or locally attached (to the PC) USB drive
    step 3: click create database (which auto uploads to the N100)

The process is simple and worked first time for both USB and NAS (I tried both but will obviously stick with using the NAS)

Now on my Samsung S5 phone I have the NAS library with cover art = VERY happy with the result and it's great that I don't need to have any apple stuff (being a PC and Android zealot).

(N100 plays flawlessly with the QNAP 251 Pro NAS)

;-)

Quote Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post
    I haven't tried the AMM yet; but I assume it'll work, like any number of media servers. So I don't expect it to be "hard".

But yes...I'm who they're talking about; I've been streaming, for over 10 years...and am an IT Geek by trade, to boot.
    Hmm; it appears I spoke too soon. Can't get it to run, on Win7 Pro
    CD

Hmm; it appears I spoke too soon. Can't get it to run, on Win7 Pro
    Not that it will matter to many but it also didn't work on my Win XP Pro machine, but it was a pretty flawless affair on my Win 8 laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by rww View Post
    Not that it will matter to many but it also didn't work on my Win XP Pro machine, but it was a pretty flawless affair on my Win 8 laptop.
    That's my thinking; they have it sorted out for Win8, but nothing earlier?

Mine just does this; and then stops responding.

CD

The AMM beta is working via my wi. 7 pro 64 laptop. I did have to reinstall to get it to work - it initially seemed to hang while "uploading database" to the aure der after scanning.

I'm sure my issue, is a small and silly one. Can't even get the set-up to load.

Is there anything you need to do, at the Aurender side? All the Aurender support guys, are at T.H.E. (or on their way back).
    CD

Taking a break

Quote Originally Posted by nfnc View Post
    Found the extract below on the net, which appears to be from a newsletter to dealers. It appears to suggest that the N100H can be used like an X100L, without AMM. Further, the recommendation appears to be N100H first, for those who do not need more than a 2TB music library, with the X100L recommended for those who require more storage. Is Aurender tacitly relegating the N100 to the back catalogue?

===

N100H

We are pleased to announce another new model, the N100H. Based on the N100, the N100H features a 2.5 inch 2TB HDD that’s factory installed.

We are offering this derivative model for two reasons. Firstly, we realized the limitations of offering a model that requires external storage exclusively and AMM for proper file tagging. Secondly, Aurender's entire model range offers internal storage, therefore by adding storage to the N100, we bring consistency to the Aurender product line. Of course we will still offer the N100 as a model for those IT savvy dealers and endusers who are proficient at using network attached storage devices and AMM.

Since the Aurender interface requirement for external USB or NAS is different from other music servers on the market, the learning curve is a bit steeper with this model. Consequently, we would strongly encourage our dealers and distributors to lead with the N100H and reserve the N100 for only those users qualified and knowledgeable in IT matters and who are willing and able to use AMM. We’ve priced N100H to be highly competitive and an extremely good value. And should the customer require more storage, an option would be stepping into an X100L. The N100H will begin shipping midMay.
    I purchased one and Mike just notified me it's in route to him and once he receives, he will mail to me. Excited.

I'm sure my issue, is a small and silly one. Can't even get the set-up to load.

Is there anything you need to do, at the Aurender side? All the Aurender support guys, are at T.H.E. (or on their way back).

Nothing needed to do on the N100 for me, just double clicked setup on the laptop and off it went (Win 8.1).

PS: I've just put the TotalDAC USB filter between my N100 and VEGA with excellent results (fuller, smoother, richer, holographic), as you have identical source as me I recommend that you see if you can borrow one from a dealer... I very much doubt you would send it back.
    Last edited by rww; June 2, 2015 at 04:37 AM. Reason: more info

Nothing needed to do on the N100 for me, just double clicked setup on the laptop and off it went (Win 8.1).

PS: I've just put the TotalDAC USB filter between my N100 and VEGA with excellent results (fuller, smoother, richer, holographic), as you have identical source as me I recommend that you see if you can borrow one from a dealer... I very much doubt you would send it back.
    Thanks. I was at Paul Speltz's Anti-Cable site...looking to pick up, some jumpers for my 20-26s; when I spied his new (to me anyway) USB cable Digital Interconnects

You can get it configured...without the 5v power wire. Very interesting.
    CD

The TotalDac filter replaces the whole usb cable as in it's built into it. It would be good to see if you can get to hear one in your system. I was really suprised at how much better it was than my bespoke solid silver litz 30 cm cable with the 5v power rail removed.

I'm usually not into 'expesnive' cables, but this box of tricks has a science to it which is obvously working wonders, by removing most of the noise and interference.

;-)

Thanks. I was at Paul Speltz's Anti-Cable site...looking to pick up, some jumpers for my 20-26s; when I spied his new (to me anyway) USB cable Digital Interconnects

You can get it configured...without the 5v power wire. Very interesting.

Audioshark

I'm going to try the Straight Wire USBF-Link cable.

USBF-Link: This Premium USB 2.0 employs dual filter circuits for power and data resulting in unprecedented performance. The filters remove noise and distortions inherent computers and many USB source devices. Compressed Conductor Technology with a Silver Plated Data path creates a cable with unrivaled transmission accuracy while maintaining signal integrity.

Gold Contacts ensure minimal corrosion. (Type A to Type B plugs) This Premium cable is ideal for high end Computer Audio systems. Available in 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 3.0 and 4.5 meter lengths.

http://straightwire.com/digital.html
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Looks like a similar approach that Straightwire one as it's using some kind of filtering, but I can't see where the components go, compared to this box of tricks:

totaldac USB cable

Maybe you can compare the two if you are able to try both?

:-)

I got my Aurender last night and must give credit where its due. This thing is sounding great RAW and using PC beta software. I was warned it would sound poor for a solid two weeks, but thats not what I'm getting. Maybe a touch rolled off from the get go, but I'm very confident this unit will smooth out beautifully as the LPSU burns in.

Highly recommended and a solid mate to LampizatOr gear!

Awesome. It will get even better. I love my X100L. Aurender is a killer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher View Post
    I got my Aurender last night and must give credit where its due. This thing is sounding great RAW and using PC beta software. I was warned it would sound poor for a solid two weeks, but thats not what I'm getting. Maybe a touch rolled off from the get go, but I'm very confident this unit will smooth out beautifully as the LPSU burns in.

Glad you're happy! The Aurender/Lampi combo is awesome!

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher View Post

What do you mean by beta PC software? Software for controlling it (versus an iPad)? What were you using before?

I'm wondering if there's any sonic benefit of an Aurender over a CAPS running JRiver. Because if there aren't any, I can only see downsides.
    Speakers: Magico M-Project w/MPods
    Amps: CAT Legend -> CAT JL7s
    Analog: Kronos Pro Limited Edition / Black Beauty tonearm / Zyx Universe Premium, Ortofon A95
    Digital: Roon->Vivaldi DAC/Upsampler
    Cables/Power: Kubala Sosna Elation ICs & SCs / Shunyata Denali 6000T & PC's / Furutech outlets

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by madfloyd View Post
    What do you mean by beta PC software? Software for controlling it (versus an iPad)? What were you using before?

I'm wondering if there's any sonic benefit of an Aurender over a CAPS running JRiver. Because if there aren't any, I can only see downsides.
    He means the Aurender Music Manager (AMM) software (think: similar to minimserver for the Lumin). The AMM software is in beta testing for Windows. The Mac version works perfectly and has been out for a while.

As for the benefit, I can think of many. First, the Aurender iPad app is excellent - just like the Lumin app. Second, you have a device that is purposely built for high end audio. It also looks like it belongs on your system. My Aurender has never crashed, stopped working, etc. My CAPS did. Frankly, I just don't like using a computer modified for audio in my system. I prefer to use a device purposely built and supported for audio.

YMMV.

Mike, if the Aurender App is anything like the Lumin App then it is subpar to JRemote. Not even close. That Lumin app is poorly designed and BUGGY.

My CAPS server has never crashed in the 3 or 4 years that I've had it. You can fully customize JRiver and JRemote. JRiver allows options like room correction if you need it.

My CAPS server looks like a piece of audio equipment and not a PC. It is also dead silent.

In any case, if anyone has compared the Aurender to a CAPS from a sonic perspective, I'd love to hear about it.
    Speakers: Magico M-Project w/MPods
    Amps: CAT Legend -> CAT JL7s
    Analog: Kronos Pro Limited Edition / Black Beauty tonearm / Zyx Universe Premium, Ortofon A95
    Digital: Roon->Vivaldi DAC/Upsampler
    Cables/Power: Kubala Sosna Elation ICs & SCs / Shunyata Denali 6000T & PC's / Furutech outlets

Audioshark

Ian - we will agree to disagree. I had the CAPS V2 with Red Wine Power Supply. I much prefer using a Lumin/Aurender type product.

YMMV.

Mike - Is the N10 still scheduled for release this month?
    Rick

Ayre MX-R Focal Diablo Utopia III REL S/2 (x2) emm Labs PRE2, DAC2X Aurender N10 Shunyata Triton/Typhon, Zitron Python, Zitron Alpha HC, Zitron Alpha Digital and Zitron Alpha Analog PC's Siltech Royal Signature Prince SC's, Royal Signature Princess IC's, Royal Signature Golden Ridge II AES/EBU Quadraspire Q4L Rack

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by RLL1 View Post
    Mike - Is the N10 still scheduled for release this month?
    We haven't been given an update, but that's the plan. Soon! I can't wait to get mine.

After a month of fully breaking in my new Aurender N100, and as much as I hate to do it, I think I'm going to have to go back to my fully optimized 2009 Mac Mini with custom power supply. Seems when I use the Devialet Air Ethernet connection with the Mac Mini, I am getting slightly better sound quality versus the Aurender N100 via USB into the Devialet. The Devialet Air Ethernet connection is very stable (others have reported problems/bugs) and I'm using Audirvana + from the Mac Mini. Audirvana + seems a little better than Amarra and both are definitely better than the Aurender USB. Both Mac and Aurender were being fed by my QNAP NAS. Simply amazing sound with the Air Ethernet from Devialet. Much more detail and definitely larger sound stage. If I use USB from the Mac Mini, then it's pretty close in sound quality so it's definitely something to do with the connection of Air Ethernet vs USB with the Devialet.

However, the Aurender absolutely destroys the Mac Mini in it's ease of use and user interface. So nice having the iPad app and Tidal integration (for casual listening) as well. Oh well....just can't live with giving up that sound quality.

By the way, I've tried a bunch of different USB, power, and ethernet cables, but the results are always the same.

Going to list it on the site for sale later today if anyone is interested. Bummer.
    Raidho D2
    (2) REL 528s
    Devialet 400
    PS Audio P3 Powerplant
    PS Audio Powerbase
    2009 Mac Mini headless with custom power supply
    QNAP NAS

Quote Originally Posted by madfloyd View Post
    Ian,

What downsides would these be?
    For what it's worth, we've used Aurender in two of our three rooms at Newport, and it was rock solid. Not a single crash. And I was loading more music all through the event, via network!
    Personally, I don't like the UI for the Aurender app. Too busy, and the color scheme is also not to my liking. BUT it's rock solid, and fairly intuitive. Again, completely personal, but I prefer the look of the Auralic Lightning DS app.
    I do agree that JRemote is a great UI, but JRiver itself isn't.
    I've never compared a CAPS to any of the streamers. But the Auralic Aries beat a Mac laptop+Audirvana Plus handily.

alex

That might suggest noise on the LAN.

I have N100 and have used 2x TP Link fibre media converters (very cheap solution) to make a totally isolated fibre connection to the Aurender.

Also the TotalDAC USB Filter (it's not just a cable) made a big improvement = now with this combination it sounds seriously analogue, 3D and smooth.

I would be amazed if you preferred a computer over how mine sounds, but obviously I do not question your experience or ears, just trying to throw in a few ideas.

With kind regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy916 View Post
    After a month of fully breaking in my new Aurender N100, and as much as I hate to do it, I think I'm going to have to go back to my fully optimized 2009 Mac Mini with custom power supply. Seems when I use the Devialet Air Ethernet connection with the Mac Mini, I am getting slightly better sound quality versus the Aurender N100 via USB into the Devialet. The Devialet Air Ethernet connection is very stable (others have reported problems/bugs) and I'm using Audirvana + from the Mac Mini. Audirvana + seems a little better than Amarra and both are definitely better than the Aurender USB. Both Mac and Aurender were being fed by my QNAP NAS. Simply amazing sound with the Air Ethernet from Devialet. Much more detail and definitely larger sound stage. If I use USB from the Mac Mini, then it's pretty close in sound quality so it's definitely something to do with the connection of Air Ethernet vs USB with the Devialet.

However, the Aurender absolutely destroys the Mac Mini in it's ease of use and user interface. So nice having the iPad app and Tidal integration (for casual listening) as well. Oh well....just can't live with giving up that sound quality.

By the way, I've tried a bunch of different USB, power, and ethernet cables, but the results are always the same.

Going to list it on the site for sale later today if anyone is interested. Bummer.

Audioshark

The N100 Owners Thread

That might suggest noise on the LAN.

I have N100 and have used 2x TP Link fibre media converters (very cheap solution) to make a totally isolated fibre connection to the Aurender.

Also the TotalDAC USB Filter (it's not just a cable) made a big improvement = now with this combination it sounds seriously analogue, 3D and smooth.

I would be amazed if you preferred a computer over how mine sounds, but obviously I do not question your experience or ears, just trying to throw in a few ideas.

With kind regards.
    Would you mind posting the specifics here? What brand/model of fibre media converter. Single or multi mode for example. What fiber cable you are using. And if possible, a specific hookup diagram. This is a very interesting idea. I would be interested to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Would you mind posting the specifics here? What brand/model of fibre media converter. Single or multi mode for example. What fiber cable you are using. And if possible, a specific hookup diagram. This is a very interesting idea. I would be interested to try it.
    +1

Network Isolation - Page 7

This how I learned about it... all the credit goes to the guys on the above thread, note that the quality of the PSU on the N100 end of the fibre network NEEDS to be linear & regulated for the biggest improvement.

I can't beleive such a 'cheap as chips' solution (less than £100) makes such a big improvement.

Coupled with the: totaldac USB cable (expensive but absolutely worth it) - and you will be enveloped in music.

I have learned that digital is about noise management, as in, 0s & 1s alone is what you want.

(I am using the N100 (no onboard HD) with a QNAP 253 NAS & Auralic VEGA DAC knitted together with the above)

Sorry if this is a dumb question but would going with the N100H that has it's own internal storage (no need for a NAS) be the better solution to avoid possible noise on the LAN? I've got a sale pending on my N100 and was willing to maybe try the N100H if it might improve things. Again, I absolutely would love to be able to get away from the Mac Mini (and even my NAS) and take advantage of the user interface of the Aurender. Even if I could get the SQ to be equal between the two, I would still be willing to go with the Aurender.
    Raidho D2
    (2) REL 528s
    Devialet 400
    PS Audio P3 Powerplant
    PS Audio Powerbase
    2009 Mac Mini headless with custom power supply
    QNAP NAS

The N100 would still need the LAN connection to remote control it, and I think it ought to sound better without a local hard drive inside it - that's why I went the NAS route.

The file is copied from the NAS to the N100 at the time it is added to the queue so the NAS does affect streaming quality (the file is not streamed externally from the NAS - it's streamed from the locally copied file on the N100's 1TB SSD)

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy916 View Post
    Sorry if this is a dumb question but would going with the N100H that has it's own internal storage (no need for a NAS) be the better solution to avoid possible noise on the LAN? I've got a sale pending on my N100 and was willing to maybe try the N100H if it might improve things. Again, I absolutely would love to be able to get away from the Mac Mini (and even my NAS) and take advantage of the user interface of the Aurender. Even if I could get the SQ to be equal between the two, I would still be willing to go with the Aurender.

"The file is copied from the NAS to the N100 at the time it is added to the queue so the NAS does affect streaming quality (the file is not streamed externally from the NAS - it's streamed from the locally copied file on the N100's 1TB SSD)"

Is the only way to get the music onto the HD in the H model via LAN? And that process would add noise to the files, affecting later play back? And is 'streaming' the a correct description of moving data from one HD (storage) to the other (buffering) and considering the file being played is contained on the buffering HD? Obviously, I am not understanding something important here. Foggy was asking about the H model while your comment speaks to a NAS, which I didn't understand to be required of the H model.

You can also copy your library via USB to the internal HDD (H model) or SSD (S model) - depending on what firmware version you are on.

Before hooking up my NAS I was using USB and playing files directly from a flash drive.

There are some who believe that because Aurender cleverly copy to (it is not possible to degrade or add noise by copying the file) and stream the copied files from the internal SSD, the system ought to work optimally in terms of SQ by not having another internal drive holding the library. If you have an additional internal HDD or SSD it can be more convenient in terms of library management, but I'm happy to use AMM for library management in order to gain any 'potential' SQ improvement by not having an extra internal HDD or SSD fitted.

Regardless of the above, if you are remotely controlling the Aurender via a tablet, computer or phone, you still need a LAN cable attached... and trust me, your LAN will quite probably be riddled with noise that will leach in and spoil the party. Optically isolating the LAN should be seriously considered - because it costs peanuts and is relatively simple to accomplish.

with kind regards.

;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    "The file is copied from the NAS to the N100 at the time it is added to the queue so the NAS does affect streaming quality (the file is not streamed externally from the NAS - it's streamed from the locally copied file on the N100's 1TB SSD)"

Is the only way to get the music onto the HD in the H model via LAN? And that process would add noise to the files, affecting later play back? And is 'streaming' the a correct description of moving data from one HD (storage) to the other (buffering) and considering the file being played is contained on the buffering HD? Obviously, I am not understanding something important here. Foggy was asking about the H model while your comment speaks to a NAS, which I didn't understand to be required of the H model.

Hooked up an UpTone Amber in between and Aurender N100S and The Modwright Oppo Dac and took it to another level. For 175.00 best bang for the buck I have ever spent on Audio. Highly recommended!!

Russ

Thanks for this info.

The totaldac filter was a good improvement, so I will probably get a regen to try given the price. I had heard that regen does nothing for the new aurenders, due to them having a very good usb circuit so you have answered a question I had raised on another forum.

[edit] I've ordered one, for the sake such a small amount of coin, It's worth seeing if I get a similar result (although the TotalDac filter will already be doing a lot of cleaning).

Hooked up an UpTone Amber in between and Aurender N100S and The Modwright Oppo Dac and took it to another level. For 175.00 best bang for the buck I have ever spent on Audio. Highly recommended!!

Russ

Thanks for this info.

The totaldac filter was a good improvement, so I will probably get a regen to try given the price. I had heard that regen does nothing for the new aurenders, due to them having a very good usb circuit so you have answered a question I had raised on another forum.

[edit] I've ordered one, for the sake such a small amount of coin, It's worth seeing if I get a similar result (although the TotalDac filter will already be doing a lot of cleaning).
    Nothing further from the truth. You will notice a huge improvement. The Bass will be the most defined you ever heard in your system. I instrument separation will improve. You will hear harmonizing with distinctive voices and think WTF. It's a no brainer.

Nothing further from the truth. You will notice a huge improvement. The Bass will be the most defined you ever heard in your system. I instrument separation will improve. You will hear harmonizing with distinctive voices and think WTF. It's a no brainer.
    Hope so... TBH the system sounds so good now that it's almost unimaginable to expect much more.

;-)

OK, you sold me as well. The Aurender is already such a good piece--I'm floored with it as it continues to burn in. Its hard to describe whats happening with a transport but I'm just getting solidity and PRaT and an even more organic flow that is just fantastic. The user interface is great and I tried Tidal last night and the Aurender makes streaming music fantastic.

If that little Regen makes the N100H any better, its a no friggin brainer for the coin.

Is this regen...any different, from say the iFi iUSB?
    CD

Can I find with the App the multible audio tracks (equal tracks) in different albums in the data base and can I delete these?

Super Moderator

Welcome klemi, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by klemi View Post
    Can I find with the App the multible audio tracks (equal tracks) in different albums in the data base and can I delete these?
    From the app? No. You need to clean up on your PC. The folks at Dbpoweramp have a decent song duplicate finder/delete program. I say decent, because in my experience, it got maybe 80% of them.

Quote Originally Posted by klemi View Post
    I think Media Monkey does that and some other apps probably do too... but be careful as the tracks will sound slightly different based on mastering and method of transfer (analogue tape, DAT, CD, open reel digital, etc)... you don't want to delete the best sounding version.

;-)

Audioshark

I think Media Monkey does that and some other apps probably do too... but be careful as the tracks will sound slightly different based on mastering and method of transfer (analogue tape, DAT, CD, open reel digital, etc)... you don't want to delete the best sounding version.

;-)
    Darn! Windows only.

Does anybody here made any comparo between the N100 and the previous launched model the X100L?
    I've had the latter at home and was quite underwhelmed with it, let's just say that a regular macbook pro with A+ or Amarra trumped it (to my ears).
    Music ON / World OFF

Darn! Windows only.
    I'am Mac User!

Is this regen...any different, from say the iFi iUSB?
    Yes it is. It is much more than the iFi, which is just a great PSU.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Dagostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Horizon + Lampi DSD Komputer

Quote Originally Posted by bluedoor View Post
    Does anybody here made any comparo between the N100 and the previous launched model the X100L?
    I've had the latter at home and was quite underwhelmed with it, let's just say that a regular macbook pro with A+ or Amarra trumped it (to my ears).
    Depending upon the DAC used, the N100 can sound better than the X100L, likely due to its use of a linear power supply.
    What DAC and associated equipment and cabling did you use?
    Brian Walsh
    Music Direct

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

The N100 Owners Thread