Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Re: The N100 Owners Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post
    Didge, if memory serves...it was a Wireworld Silver Starlight 7; but I had the N100...not H...when I had the HD12.

Funny...I liked the DAC, but had to move it because it didn't play nice with the N100 (something to do with the driver, and it wouldn't pass my DSD). Now...I think part of that issue, is the N100, having no HD to load a "proprietary" driver on. You shouldn't have that issue, with the X100L.

If you're getting "drop-outs"...the only thing I can think of; is when I had my Auralic Vega. If I set the Femto filter too high (I think it was called 'Exact'); sometimes, the stream would stutter.

Does the HD30, have a Femto clock; and if so, a setting?
    No such thing as a Femto filter on the HD30 and no DSD when connected to an Aurender X100L. Hegel confirms it's a USB cable problem, and an annoying problem at that!

Quote Originally Posted by didge70 View Post
    No such thing as a Femto filter on the HD30 and no DSD when connected to an Aurender X100L. Hegel confirms it's a USB cable problem, and an annoying problem at that!
    Yeah; sounds like bullsh*t to me. If I had tried, 4 "quality" USB cables...to no avail; I'd ask them, what they recommend!

Otherwise, lose it. Don't let the tail wag the dog; too many great DACs out there, to put up with that headache.
    CD

DAC/Pre-amp - PSAudio DsJ > Power-amp - > Speakers - PMC TwentyFive 23s

I just use, what comes with dBpoweramp; but I'd Google "best tagger to mass tag cover-art", and see what you come up with.

I'd start with one title...make sure that's your issue; then, I think there are ways...to set the tagger, to pull ALL missing art.
    Im sure that i have stored in each album folder a file "cover.jpg", so the fact that they aren't showing up (well, not all of them) doesn't mean that cover art is missing.
    Its just an aurender issue I think.

(i also use dbpoweramp for ripping/tagging)
    Music ON / World OFF

Quote Originally Posted by bluedoor View Post
    Im sure that i have stored in each album folder a file "cover.jpg", so the fact that they aren't showing up (well, not all of them) doesn't mean that cover art is missing.
    Its just an aurender issue I think.

(i also use dbpoweramp for ripping/tagging)
    Just because it's in the folder...doesn't mean it's tagged (embedded).

and for the record; I typically find, 'folder' is more the default naming, for cover-art to be picked up.
    CD

If I had tried, 4 "quality" USB cables...to no avail; I'd ask them, what they recommend!
    I have emailed Hegel and am awaiting a reply. They say that the USB receiver of the HD30 draws so much power from the USB AUDIO of the Aurender that it can cause USB dropouts with certain USB cables, but the ones I tested were all good quality.

I'm testing the Aqua La Scala right now. Anyway, back to the awesome Aurender!

Aurender looks for album art in the file folder first under front.jpg. Give that a try.
    Grimm MU1 -----> Genelec 8361a

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Rambler View Post
    Aurender looks for album art in the file folder first under front.jpg. Give that a try.
    Nice! Bluedoor, if that will solve your issue; it would be simplest.
    CD

Bluedoor, Didge; how goes it?
    CD

Bluedoor, Didge; how goes it?

I haven't had enough time to look in to it, but iv'e run AMM again and that didn't work, still a lot of "Unknowns" artists and musics and albums without cover.
    It's kinda overwhelming if i had to do it manually one by one (id'e rather shoot myself in the head).
    Is there a program that'll do that for me? Tag and add cover? Preferably a free one, but i would pay for a very good one.
    Music ON / World OFF

I haven't had enough time to look in to it, but iv'e run AMM again and that didn't work, still a lot of "Unknowns" artists and musics and albums without cover.
    It's kinda overwhelming if i had to do it manually one by one (id'e rather shoot myself in the head).
    Is there a program that'll do that for me? Tag and add cover? Preferably a free one, but i would pay for a very good one.
    Yes! Do a little homework, and search for "mass tagging" programs. As I understand them...you point it at your folder; and anything that's missing, it'll pull for you (or you can tell it what to look for, and fill in. Like, if you don't want Genre...it won't necessarily pull that). Might get some inaccuracies, depending on your naming structure, that way; but as you said...it's a helluva lot better, than re-tagging each one by hand.
    CD

Dear God...

Oh sweet sweet vinyl
    Music ON / World OFF

Yes! Do a little homework, and search for "mass tagging" programs. As I understand them...you point it at your folder; and anything that's missing, it'll pull for you (or you can tell it what to look for, and fill in. Like, if you don't want Genre...it won't necessarily pull that). Might get some inaccuracies, depending on your naming structure, that way; but as you said...it's a helluva lot better, than re-tagging each one by hand.
    Found these two:

MusicBrainz Picard

Tag & Rename

Any experience with any of this?
    Music ON / World OFF

Scratching my head as to what if anything your dealer is doing to help. This is Customer Service 101 and how dealers earn their keep. If you are getting no help you should be complaining to Aurender.
    Brian Walsh
    Music Direct

Found these two:

MusicBrainz Picard

Tag & Rename

Any experience with any of this?
    No; I...for the most part...tag as I rip.

Quote Originally Posted by bpw View Post
    Scratching my head as to what if anything your dealer is doing to help. This is Customer Service 101 and how dealers earn their keep. If you are getting no help you should be complaining to Aurender.
    I don't agree. This is a file issue...not an Aurender issue.

There's a MILLION places, bluedoor could get help; if he's willing to do a small bit of legwork. But I was once a noob, so a) I understand it can be overwhelming and b) am happy, to try and point him in the right direction (if not do, said legwork for him...lol )
    CD

OK, thanks for the clarification.
    Brian Walsh
    Music Direct

The Aurender Composer app has what seems to me like a hidden feature: lyrics.
    I say "hidden," because when I search the app's PDF guide for the term "lyric" nothing comes up.

Here's how it works:

• When a track is playing, tap the track's cover (small, on the upper left side) to make it full-screen on your iPad.
    • Then tap the full-screen cover.
    • If there are lyrics in the track's metadata, they will then appear over the full-screen cover image.

Pretty simple, yes?

And to get the lyrics into any track's metadata is a question of using your tagging-and-editing application to insert them.
    For me, that's iTunes (which works well all the time for me for PCM music tagging and editing, but that's another post).

And I simply have searched for lyrics online, and then I do a copy-and-paste into the track's Lyrics field.

If you have more questions about this, just post them and I'll be glad to, will try to, help.

Smiles,

Dave, who has now given himself more music library editing work and will likely next add lyrics to his pretty much complete collection of Natalie Merchant songs since her website has the full lyrics and so that means they're easy to get
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aurender N10 >
    Audience Au24 SE AES/EBU digital cable > Chord DAVE DAC > Audience Au24 SE XLR interconnects > Luxman L-505uX integrated amplifier > Audience Au24 SE speaker cables > DeVore Fidelity Gibbon 88 speakers

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Does anybody performed an upgrade to the the psu in the N100?
    I do know that the standard one in the N100 is way better than the one used in the X100, but nevertheless want to know more about this.
    Music ON / World OFF

Does anybody performed an upgrade to the the psu in the N100?
    I do know that the standard one in the N100 is way better than the one used in the X100, but nevertheless want to know more about this.
    This is a good question as I have one on loan for home audition right now and I think it will most certainly benefit from a more beefy power supply.
    What the best of both worlds would be is to have the N100's internal storage combined with a power supply that is housed in its own separate box like Lumin's.

Looks like I will have to wait a bit longer.

Turns out the issue was not the N100H but the Audioquest Jitterbug. All is well now after removing the JB.

Major alert for N100H owners

I find the latest software version for the N100H which could be primarily to cater to the unfolding of MQA files, actually degrades the sound of redbook and non-MQA hires PCM and DSD files substantially.

Fortunately, one can roll back to the original version by doing a factory reset as described in the manual. If the new unit comes with the latest version, you may be out of luck.

My dac is non-MQA, and that may be an issue.

Audioshark

First, it has nothing to do with unfolding MQA. That's done at the hardware level. The software did NOTHING to change the sound - I have just spoken with Aurender and confirmed this. The upgraded added features to the app, fixed some bugs in the app, added the internet radio in the app, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    First, it has nothing to do with unfolding MQA. That's done at the hardware level. The software did NOTHING to change the sound - I have just spoken with Aurender and confirmed this. The upgraded added features to the app, fixed some bugs in the app, added the internet radio in the app, etc.

My apologies for getting the MQA part wrong but I do stand by the fact that the latest system version degrades the sound substantially, just as described in another forum.

Redbook, hires pcm and dsd files all sound harsh and distorted after the "upgrade".

Upon rolling back to the older version, the original magic and glory came back immediately.

Disclosure - I do not gain in any way by putting out this alert.

Audioshark

PLEASE POST IN ONE THREAD ONLY.

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

I accidentally renamed the "lost+found" folder last night. I changed it back when I realized what I had done. I'm assuming all should be fine, and that as long as the folder has the correct name if and when the OS needs to reference it, then there was no harm done. Am I correct in this thinking?

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Allan, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Hello
    I have 3 questions about the n100h
    1. What software can I use to make a copy of the drive ?
    2. What software to use to to a propoer tagging ? (on Windows 10)
    3. What is the "CONDUCTOR" in the ios app ?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by j2020 View Post
    Major alert for N100H owners

I find the latest software version for the N100H which could be primarily to cater to the unfolding of MQA files, actually degrades the sound of redbook and non-MQA hires PCM and DSD files substantially.

Fortunately, one can roll back to the original version by doing a factory reset as described in the manual. If the new unit comes with the latest version, you may be out of luck.

My dac is non-MQA, and that may be an issue.
    Has this been rectified with a new update??
    Paul

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
    Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
    Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS, Stillpoints LPI
    Tape Deck Otari 5050B II2
    Music Server: Aurender N100H
    Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
    SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
    Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)
    AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiophilehi View Post
    Has this been rectified with a new update??
    I am scared as hell to perform any more updates.

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/f...hread/?page=62

*scroll down to my post(jon2020) on Tuesday and agladstone's post on 10/4 followed by NordicBob's and srms's

Issue with Conductor update and W20/Tidal :-

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/f...hread/?page=63

Quote Originally Posted by j2020 View Post
    I am scared as hell to perform any more updates.

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/f...hread/?page=62

*scroll down to my post(jon2020) on Tuesday and agladstone's post on 10/4 followed by NordicBob's and srms's
    So if I'm reading this correctly the issue is with the Aurender interfacing with IOS 11.
    Paul

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
    Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
    Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS, Stillpoints LPI
    Tape Deck Otari 5050B II2
    Music Server: Aurender N100H
    Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
    SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
    Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)
    AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiophilehi View Post
    So if I'm reading this correctly the issue is with the Aurender interfacing with IOS 11.
    To summarise,
    1. there are issues with updates in general
    2. there are specific issues with Esoteric N-05, iOS11, Conductor/W20/Tidal
    3. only Aurender can explain/fix the specific issues
    4. these issues do not detract from the great SQ of Aurender products
    5. we need to read all of the above correctly.

Currently I use a Auralic Aries LE with Sbooster power supply. If I were to switch to the N100h 2TB would there be an increase in SQ or would it sound the same. Right now all my music is stored on a NAS. I don't use Tidal, Deezer or any streaming service.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordante View Post
    Currently I use a Auralic Aries LE with Sbooster power supply. If I were to switch to the N100h 2TB would there be an increase in SQ or would it sound the same. Right now all my music is stored on a NAS. I don't use Tidal, Deezer or any streaming service.
    I moved on from an Auralic Aries femto w/ their upgraded PS to a Aurender n100S ( solid state dr.) Night and day. Aries bright and upfront. Aurender
    Laid back, Huge soundstage and non fatiguing. Like comparing CD to Vinyl. No brainer.
    Aurender A10 (SR Black fuses installed)>MicroZotl2.0S W/remote( SR Black )> Odyssey Kismets> Persona 5f's . Cerious Technologies Matrix IC's and Speaker cabling. Audience ArP2 TOSOX conditioner . Power chords include Audience Au24 Se, SR ,Shunyata,Triode Wire World. Stillpoints Ultra Minis.

Quote Originally Posted by russellbobby View Post
    I moved on from an Auralic Aries femto w/ their upgraded PS to a Aurender n100S ( solid state dr.) Night and day. Aries bright and upfront. Aurender
    Laid back, Huge soundstage and non fatiguing. Like comparing CD to Vinyl. No brainer.
    To be honest I don't think my Aries LE sounds fatiguing.

The main reason why I might switch to Aurender is the build in HDD. Currently all my music is stored on a Synology NAS. I hope that with local storage the system will be more robust.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

Could not agree more with the above post. Since introduction of mqa in the previous fw, the sound degraded. I don't care about mqa as it is only a gimmick as it is well known that one of the "requirements" of mqa certification is to add their crappy filters to all content played, mqa or not. So, back to the factory firmware. Another bummer is that in newer fw, when playing internet radio, artist and song name is not displayed anymore on the Aurender OLED display. Also switching between custom added stations takes forever in the new fw.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordante View Post
    To be honest I don't think my Aries LE sounds fatiguing.

The main reason why I might switch to Aurender is the build in HDD. Currently all my music is stored on a Synology NAS. I hope that with local storage the system will be more robust.

The Aries changed sound sig with every firmware update. I have not owned it for over 2.5 years. The current firmware could sound better. Still an upfront sound where the Aurender has a much pushed back and layered soundstage.
    Try to find a N100h used and if you don't like it you wont lose anything.
    You will need a wired connection for the Aurender.
    Good luck!!
    Aurender A10 (SR Black fuses installed)>MicroZotl2.0S W/remote( SR Black )> Odyssey Kismets> Persona 5f's . Cerious Technologies Matrix IC's and Speaker cabling. Audience ArP2 TOSOX conditioner . Power chords include Audience Au24 Se, SR ,Shunyata,Triode Wire World. Stillpoints Ultra Minis.

Quote Originally Posted by hellrider77 View Post
    Could not agree more with the above post. Since introduction of mqa in the previous fw, the sound degraded. I don't care about mqa as it is only a gimmick as it is well known that one of the "requirements" of mqa certification is to add their crappy filters to all content played, mqa or not. So, back to the factory firmware. Another bummer is that in newer fw, when playing internet radio, artist and song name is not displayed anymore on the Aurender OLED display. Also switching between custom added stations takes forever in the new fw.
    Sorry to hear that. The European firmware is different as is the MQA Tidal selections. My A10 has never changed sound signatures. Has always sounded great.
    Check out Brad Mehldau's Blue and Ballads in MQA. Try the song My Valentine. What do you think?

Well, I do not know about differences between European, US or Asian firmware. The same perceived degradation versus factory fw is present in the latest and previous fw.
    I agree that when comparing Tidal non MQA version vs Tidal MQA version, MQA sounds much better but, IMHO, Tidal sounds crappy in the first place.

Unfortunately I do not own any of Mehldau's recordings so cannot make any comparison. I checked his recordings last night and I really like what I hear, guess I have to add him to my shopping list.
    Last night I have made some more tests, what seems to be improved in the new firmware is the rendering of lossy internet radio streams.

I am not a native English speaker and I do not posses a developed "audiophile vocabulary" in order to correctly express what I feel is wrong with the new fw's rendering of non MQA material. Maybe the combination of soundstage slight collapse, overemphasis of high-mids and highs but a bit blurred in the same time. When I first played a well known Sheffield Lab track, the initial impression was that it sounds much better and was really excited, by the end of the track my excitement turned into disappointment as I felt there was something missing even though PRAT seemed improved.

As far as I am concerned, it is not a clear conclusion as there might be nothing wrong with the new fw's rendering for other listeners, after all it is a matter of flavor and not a deal breaker. Should I have listened Aurender with the new fw in the first place? I would still love it.
    Last edited by hellrider77; March 7, 2018 at 04:14 AM. Reason: typo

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

The N100 Owners Thread