Robert Koda Takumi K-15 + Takumi K-70 - Page 4
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 31 to 40 of 40
  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    The Land Downunder
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Robert Koda Takumi K-15 + Takumi K-70

    Quote Originally Posted by Thieliste View Post
    The Aries Cerat and Ypsilon are still on the list yes as a less expensive option, the Dart won't be able to drive my speakers so i have to let this one down.
    Would you please explain why you believe that to be the case...

  2. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    France
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Robert Koda Takumi K-15 + Takumi K-70

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob181 View Post
    Would you please explain why you believe that to be the case...
    My speakers impedance spends most of the time between 2.4 and 3 ohms therefore i don't believe the Dart 108 model 2 will have a solid grip in the bass region, and at this level of price i'm not ready to make a mistake.
    If someone can prove me the contrary than why not.

  3. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    The Land Downunder
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Robert Koda Takumi K-15 + Takumi K-70

    Quote Originally Posted by Thieliste View Post
    My speakers impedance spends most of the time between 2.4 and 3 ohms therefore i don't believe the Dart 108 model 2 will have a solid grip in the bass region, and at this level of price i'm not ready to make a mistake.
    If someone can prove me the contrary than why not.
    Recommend you read the spec's...& check with Herve direct...
    The Dart has a switch to change from high impedance to low impedance...
    Now if this was an Esoteric A03...that would be the correct decision...
    But not with the Dart...I own one & an Esotoric A03...
    Each bought specifically to impedance match between pre & power amps...
    And matched to specific speakers...but what would I know...

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Lausanne, CH
    Posts
    164
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Robert Koda Takumi K-15 + Takumi K-70

    Quote Originally Posted by Thieliste View Post
    The Aries Cerat and Ypsilon are still on the list yes as a less expensive option, the Dart won't be able to drive my speakers so i have to let this one down.
    I apologize to OP for asking question outside of Koda topic.
    Maybe you explained somewhere else but I obviously missed it - what is the logic/reason behind plugging in 80/90k in top of the line electronics and keeping the "quite" old speakers (which you undoubtedly love)? Did not hear any better ones, room restriction, etc.?

    Thanks!
    LS: Vienna Acoustics Imperial Liszt
    PowerAmp: ARC REF 75 (KT150)
    PreAmp: ARC REF 6
    Source: LampizatOr Golden Gate 2 SE
    Streamer: Auralic Aries;
    CD player/Transport: Audio Analogue Maestro
    Power: IsoTek Sigmas EVO3
    Cabling: Shunyata (various), Kimber LS, FTA (Final Touch Audio), Siltech
    Rack: Finite Elemente Spider

  5. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    France
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Robert Koda Takumi K-15 + Takumi K-70

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob181 View Post
    Recommend you read the spec's...& check with Herve direct...
    The Dart has a switch to change from high impedance to low impedance...
    Now if this was an Esoteric A03...that would be the correct decision...
    But not with the Dart...I own one & an Esotoric A03...
    Each bought specifically to impedance match between pre & power amps...
    And matched to specific speakers...but what would I know...
    Rob181 thanks for your input, i will meet Herve at his factory on the 24th so il will ask him about difficult load speakers.

  6. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    France
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Robert Koda Takumi K-15 + Takumi K-70

    Quote Originally Posted by Golum View Post
    I apologize to OP for asking question outside of Koda topic.
    Maybe you explained somewhere else but I obviously missed it - what is the logic/reason behind plugging in 80/90k in top of the line electronics and keeping the "quite" old speakers (which you undoubtedly love)? Did not hear any better ones, room restriction, etc.?

    Thanks!
    Golum i've been a Thiel fan for the past 22 years, owned several models from Jim up to the 3.7s in 2014 which was my dream speakers.
    Unfortunately i've never had the budget to push them to their limits, only had modest integrated.
    Now that i know i will finally have a nice budget to build a new rig i will realize my dream.
    I have demoed many very high en speakers in the past couple of years like, Magico, Wilson Audio, Marten, Karma, Wilson Benesch, Raidho Acoustics and others and i don't feel that you get what tou pay for.
    With my modest Thiels i get much much more than what i paid for, they can outperform many 30K+ speakers.
    Just my opinion.

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Lausanne, CH
    Posts
    164
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Robert Koda Takumi K-15 + Takumi K-70

    Quote Originally Posted by Thieliste View Post
    Golum i've been a Thiel fan for the past 22 years, owned several models from Jim up to the 3.7s in 2014 which was my dream speakers.
    Unfortunately i've never had the budget to push them to their limits, only had modest integrated.
    Now that i know i will finally have a nice budget to build a new rig i will realize my dream.
    I have demoed many very high en speakers in the past couple of years like, Magico, Wilson Audio, Marten, Karma, Wilson Benesch, Raidho Acoustics and others and i don't feel that you get what tou pay for.
    With my modest Thiels i get much much more than what i paid for, they can outperform many 30K+ speakers.
    Just my opinion.
    Thanks and good luck with your quest!
    LS: Vienna Acoustics Imperial Liszt
    PowerAmp: ARC REF 75 (KT150)
    PreAmp: ARC REF 6
    Source: LampizatOr Golden Gate 2 SE
    Streamer: Auralic Aries;
    CD player/Transport: Audio Analogue Maestro
    Power: IsoTek Sigmas EVO3
    Cabling: Shunyata (various), Kimber LS, FTA (Final Touch Audio), Siltech
    Rack: Finite Elemente Spider

  8. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    The Land Downunder
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Robert Koda Takumi K-15 + Takumi K-70

    Quote Originally Posted by Thieliste View Post
    Rob181 thanks for your input, i will meet Herve at his factory on the 24th so il will ask him about difficult load speakers.
    Great...really looking forward to what Herve says...I have found him an absolute gentleman...
    It may well be the Dart is not a good match for the Thiels...best to get the info from the man as you are doing...
    Please let us know how your meeting with Herve went...

  9. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    France
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Robert Koda Takumi K-15 + Takumi K-70

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob181 View Post
    Great...really looking forward to what Herve says...I have found him an absolute gentleman...
    It may well be the Dart is not a good match for the Thiels...best to get the info from the man as you are doing...
    Please let us know how your meeting with Herve went...
    I will be demoing the NHB-18NS NHB-108 model 2 combo at his factory.
    What kind of speakers do you drive with your 108 ?

  10. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    The Land Downunder
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Robert Koda Takumi K-15 + Takumi K-70

    Quote Originally Posted by Thieliste View Post
    I will be demoing the NHB-18NS NHB-108 model 2 combo at his factory.
    What kind of speakers do you drive with your 108 ?
    None at the moment...I am temporarily in a house with no room...
    A mate is using them...he is on this thread...
    Check out BZR's photo in the Question for M3 Turbo S Owners thread...
    Both the Darts & Esoteric are mine...
    Say Hi to Herve for me...tell him you have been chatting with Rob from Australia...
    I bought my 108 from Serge...who is related to Herve...
    Serge gave it to Herve who upgraded the amp to the very latest spec....

 

 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4