Luxman L-590aX Integrated Amp - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Luxman L-590aX Integrated Amp

Quote Originally Posted by BeerCan View Post

I just happened to get a 590ax myself and so far think it the best amp I have ever owned. Mine might be broken though, I can't seem to get it to shoot the laser beams
    (
    Thanks Beercan!

I'm definitely continuing to learn about the Luxman's abilities. It already has me imagining the performance gains I could reap with source upgrades. And as well as I can remember this is the best system I've ever put together.

Right now I'm agonizing over footers for under my speaker on a carpet over concrete floor and am trying to find the most neutral solution. May start a new thread regarding that endeavor.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Living Room System: Mac Mini > PS Audio PWD MKII/ Marantz TT-15 Turntable w/ Ortofon Cadenza Bronze> Coda CSiB > Klipsch Forte III/JL Audio E110(x2)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nile49 View Post
    Thanks Beercan!

I'm definitely continuing to learn about the Luxman's abilities. It already has me imagining the performance gains I could reap with source upgrades. And as well as I can remember this is the best system I've ever put together.

Right now I'm agonizing over footers for under my speaker on a carpet over concrete floor and am trying to find the most neutral solution. May start a new thread regarding that endeavor.

Cheers!

The most neutral that I have come across that actually bring benefits are Stillpoints Ultra 5's. If the cost is a limiting factor go for the Ultra SS's & when you want to upgrade, put them under an amp & put the new 5's or 6's under the speakers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bzr View Post
    The most neutral that I have come across that actually bring benefits are Stillpoints Ultra 5's. If the cost is a limiting factor go for the Ultra SS's & when you want to upgrade, put them under an amp & put the new 5's or 6's under the speakers.
    I've actually had the Ultra SSs going on two years now and while I like them, I wouldn't necessarily say they are a slam dunk in my system.

I have heard that the Ultra 5s are definitely better and more neutral as well, however there is no way I can swing that $5600 investment.

Stillpoints just introduced spikes for their Ultra SS's to use in lieu of the hardhats and I think I will try those out first. I'm thinking that those stand a good chance of being excellent in my system.

The Ultra 6s are definitely an interesting development as well, and from what I have read are actually NOT intended for use under speakers.

Thanks! Warren

Living Room System: Mac Mini > PS Audio PWD MKII/ Marantz TT-15 Turntable w/ Ortofon Cadenza Bronze> Coda CSiB > Klipsch Forte III/JL Audio E110(x2)

Post Thanks / Like

Just answered your own question Warren, well done.

Post Thanks / Like

I love what you've done. Simple, clean, I bet a million it plays the crap outta music. Congrats on a fine system. There's something so Japanese garden about that gear--very cool.

Post Thanks / Like

this is one amp I would like to try one day amongst others
    1]bel canto pre 3 vbs msb s200 . onkyo sacd , bel canto fm1 tuner . tannoy eaton legacy 2]schiit saga pre , firebottle hybrid monoblocks ,bel canto 3.5 vbs , marantz sa8005, reference fidelity impulse Ta`us horns

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2