Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Lexicon MC-12 boat Anchor

Boy am I sorry I bought this piece! It's harder to unload than shingles. I paid an embarrassing amount at the time for it and you can't give it away for $500 these days. Since the processor shows an error message it's only use is for parts. Anyone know what's worth salvaging out of these if anything or off to the dump?
    cheers
    nick
    VAC Phi 220 mono amps, CAT JL2 Signature, Tango tranny 2A3 amp, 45 Sannei 602,McIntosh MC225,MC240,Wilson Audio Wattpuppy 8, KEF LS50, VAC Phi 2.0 Controller, CAT SL1 Ultimate Legend custom 2MC preamp, Manley Steelhead, TW AC3 with Black Knight platter and triple motor and feet, Micro Seiki RX-5000 with optional SX-8000 stainless steel platter and HS-80 Flywheel, Da Vinci Virtu,Fidelity Research FR66s silver edition,Kuzma 4 Point, Reed 3P,TW Acustic 10.5, SME 3012 Series 1

Re: Lexicon MC-12 boat Anchor

It is the way with all AV pre- amps/processors, not just Lexicon.

I've always argued that manufacturers should build modular designs, separating out the digital processing from the analog pre-amp stages so that upgrades can be performed when new technologies and standards emerge.

The Theta Casablanca concept was something that should of developed further with other manufacturers. Would love to see a modular McIntosh MX two box design.

I've always settled with a Denon flagship every 7 years or so for build quality and rock solid reliability, full knowing that any AV pre-amp of choice becomes worthless over time.

Speakeasy

Quote Originally Posted by Thedubemaster View Post
    Boy am I sorry I bought this piece! It's harder to unload than shingles. I paid an embarrassing amount at the time for it and you can't give it away for $500 these days. Since the processor shows an error message it's only use is for parts. Anyone know what's worth salvaging out of these if anything or off to the dump?
    cheers
    nick
    If it has "S" video connectors on the back panel, you may want to salvage those as they are in hot demand.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    If it has "S" video connectors on the back panel, you may want to salvage those as they are in hot demand.
    Thanks for that. I'll check but I think this is the model before these too. Is there a 10th story window that's open? Probably hit somebody. Anyhow it will go into a recycling program somewhere.. But I'm taking it apart first just for the fun of it.
    VAC Phi 220 mono amps, CAT JL2 Signature, Tango tranny 2A3 amp, 45 Sannei 602,McIntosh MC225,MC240,Wilson Audio Wattpuppy 8, KEF LS50, VAC Phi 2.0 Controller, CAT SL1 Ultimate Legend custom 2MC preamp, Manley Steelhead, TW AC3 with Black Knight platter and triple motor and feet, Micro Seiki RX-5000 with optional SX-8000 stainless steel platter and HS-80 Flywheel, Da Vinci Virtu,Fidelity Research FR66s silver edition,Kuzma 4 Point, Reed 3P,TW Acustic 10.5, SME 3012 Series 1

Quote Originally Posted by Thedubemaster View Post
    Thanks for that. I'll check but I think this is the model before these too. Is there a 10th story window that's open? Probably hit somebody. Anyhow it will go into a recycling program somewhere.. But I'm taking it apart first just for the fun of it.
    I was just kidding you. "S" connectors were a bad joke that stayed around as inputs for far too long.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    I was just kidding you. "S" connectors were a bad joke that stayed around as inputs for far too long.
    You got me! Naughty Naughty!

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Lexicon MC-12 boat Anchor