Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: What cartridges are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Moby View Post
    Lyra Delos, contemplating Ortofon Cadenza Bronze or Kiseki Purple Heart.
    The Cadenza Bronze (which I currently use) has a touch of warmth with excellent tracking ability, while the Kiseki PH is considered a step up in performance but with an even warmer tonal balance. Depending upon the rest of your system and personal preferences one might be a better suited upgrade to your system than the other, but both cartridges you're considering are superb performers. Another model you may want to consider would be the recently released Ortofon Windfeld Ti.

Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    The Cadenza Bronze (which I currently use) has a touch of warmth with excellent tracking ability, while the Kiseki PH is considered a step up in performance but with an even warmer tonal balance. Depending upon the rest of your system and personal preferences one might be a better suited upgrade to your system than the other, but both cartridges you're considering are superb performers. Another model you may want to consider would be the recently released Ortofon Windfeld Ti.
    My new set up is a Clearaudio Ovation with a Universal arm - the Lyra Delos was a carry over from my prior VPI Classic 3 with JMW 3D arm (it sounded better to me in that set up, but I really didn't like the 3D arm). I have an Esoteric E-03 phono pre and Harbeth 30.1 speakers. In the new set up the Lyra is tracking extremely well, is transparent, but I would say it's a touch on the dry side (analytical rather than warm - technical rather than involving/musical). I'm also not particularly impressed with the soundstage. I largely attribute that to my McIntosh MA6600 Integrated which is SS. So I have decided to plunge into tubes and the McIntosh will be replaced with a PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium HP Integrated on Monday - everything else will stay the same. At that point, and after the PrimaLuna breaks in, I'll be in a better position to judge the Lyra. Question then will be whether or not the Cadenza Bronze or Kiseki PH will cause everything to lurch too far to the warm side. I have also been considering the new Windfeld Ti. This is all done somewhat blind as I have no real analog dealers up here where I live in the Rockies - and its impossible to get a loan to try one out on my rig in any event. So any advice given the road I'm heading down would be most appreciated.

My new set up is a Clearaudio Ovation with a Universal arm - the Lyra Delos was a carry over from my prior VPI Classic 3 with JMW 3D arm (it sounded better to me in that set up, but I really didn't like the 3D arm). I have an Esoteric E-03 phono pre and Harbeth 30.1 speakers. In the new set up the Lyra is tracking extremely well, is transparent, but I would say it's a touch on the dry side (analytical rather than warm - technical rather than involving/musical). I'm also not particularly impressed with the soundstage. I largely attribute that to my McIntosh MA6600 Integrated which is SS. So I have decided to plunge into tubes and the McIntosh will be replaced with a PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium HP Integrated on Monday - everything else will stay the same. At that point, and after the PrimaLuna breaks in, I'll be in a better position to judge the Lyra. Question then will be whether or not the Cadenza Bronze or Kiseki PH will cause everything to lurch too far to the warm side. I have also been considering the new Windfeld Ti. This is all done somewhat blind as I have no real analog dealers up here where I live in the Rockies - and its impossible to get a loan to try one out on my rig in any event. So any advice given the road I'm heading down would be most appreciated.
    I think your plan is a sound one, since the switch of your electronics to the PL is likely to significantly impact the balance of your system. Take it slowly to make valid judgements before moving ahead with a new cartridge if you still deem it necessary. I tend to agree with you about the Lyra's balance but it is system dependent and a subjective call. I believe any of the three cartridges you're considering would be a step up but selecting the best one for your needs can be difficult without an audition. Not many of us are in a position of getting demo cartridges to try out without purchasing them, while other components are more commonly loaned by local dealers. Good luck and let us know how it works out with your new PL!

Audio Bill: Thanks, the process is part of the fun. I have lots of time and will take it slow. I'll let you know where I land. Thanks for the guidance.

Ouch, that hurts to look at and makes me cringe! Condolences on your loss.
    My cart is at VdH. He will most likely replace the cantilever.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

I am also using the Cadenza Bronze right now and am happy with it. Yet, I am also pondering over upgrade possibilities.

Here’s a list of carts I find interesting:

- Transfiguration Proteus (might be a tad too cold for my liking)
    - Transfiguration Phoenix S (not sure whether it would be an upgrade to the CB)
    - Dynavector Te Kaitora Rua (might be too soft)
    - Benz Micro SLR Gullwing (older cart, but still great)
    - Ortofon Winfield Ti (might not have the slightly warm touch of the CB)

Any views on those alternatives?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    I am also using the Cadenza Bronze right now and am happy with it. Yet, I am also pondering over upgrade possibilities.

Here’s a list of carts I find interesting:

- Transfiguration Proteus (might be a tad too cold for my liking)
    - Transfiguration Phoenix S (not sure whether it would be an upgrade to the CB)
    - Dynavector Te Kaitora Rua (might be too soft)
    - Benz Micro SLR Gullwing (older cart, but still great)
    - Ortofon Winfield Ti (might not have the slightly warm touch of the CB)

Any views on those alternatives?

I don't have any first hand experience with the Transfigurations but hear good reports on them. I wouldn't consider the Dynavector TKR to be an upgrade from the CB. If I was looking to upgrade from my CB at this point I'd be looking at the Kiseki PH or possibly the Windfeld Ti. Some of the new top models from Grado are reported to be exceptional.

One aspect of the CB that I continue to be amazed by is its absolute silence in the groove. Once I had it properly aligned (which is particularly critical with its Replicant stylus profile) most of the surface noise I experienced on my most played vinyl with other cartridges just disappeared completely. When I initially lowered the stylus and turned up the volume before the music started I thought I must have missed the lead in groove due to the silence I experienced. Unless I go with the Windfeld Ti which also uses Ortofon's Replicant stylus I'd be afraid that I'd lose the black background that I get with the CB.

Still running an Ortofon Cadenza Bronze myself. Absolutely love it.

Also run a Miyajima Zero Mono on a different VPI arm wand for my older mono record listening.

Given my current setup these two cartridges are the perfect match for me. Both are amazing trackers / tracers and like audio.bill says, exceptionally quiet in the groove. The dynamics, detail and timbre that these two carts are able to produce are "just right" to my ears.
    Avanti Audio

arc sp-11 or ls27 | arc d130 | vpi classic 2 w/periphery ring w/Si3N4 bearing & sapphire thrust plate & 2x jmw 10.5i | phoenix engineering eagle & road runner | ortofon cadenza bronze, miyajima zero mono | sentec eq11 w/ Sylvania 5751 TMBP & CBS 7318 | auditorium a23 | canton ref 9 dc | 2x m&k v125 | oppo bdp-95 | chord qutest | lumin d1 & sbooster | avanti audio vivace cables

Today's cartridge Benz Gullwing....

038.JPG
    Dealer / Manufacture Disclosure:

Jeff Whitlock
    A/V Solutions / Unity Audio Design
    www.avsolutionsca.com

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Sweet pics, Jeff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    Shunyata PS8 & Defender & Cabling
    HRS E1

I'm currently using the Lyra Helikon Stereo and Mono Cartridges. I love the both as they have given me many years of listening pleasure.

With that being said I'm looking to upgrade the Helikon Stereo. So far on my short list are the Ortofon Cadenza Black and Bronze cartridges.
    Paul

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
    Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
    Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS, Stillpoints LPI
    Tape Deck Otari 5050B II2
    Music Server: Aurender N100H
    Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
    SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
    Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)
    AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.

The Cadenza Black, Bronze are great choices, also the Blue is nice and wouldn't rule out......all three have there own unique flavor and depends what your after. A few others to consider would be the Lyra Delos or Kleos, also the Kiseki Purple Heart or Kiseki Blue......the Blue gets over looked often because of the popularity of the Purple but shouldn't, the Blue is a fantastic cartridge also. The AMG Teatro cartridge which may not be as popular as the other cartridges mentioned as its AMG's only cartridge and paired more often with other tables then VPI but its also a nice player with the HRX. All the cartridges mentioned I own along with the HRX table and all the cartridges are in rotation often along with a few others......the flip side to all this is the phono stage side of things, something that shouldn't be over looked if you want to realize the full potential from any of these cartridges.....

Jeff Whitlock
    www.avsolutionsca.com

Quote Originally Posted by A/V Solutions View Post
    The Cadenza Black, Bronze are great choices, also the Blue is nice and wouldn't rule out......all three have there own unique flavor and depends what your after. A few others to consider would be the Lyra Delos or Kleos, also the Kiseki Purple Heart or Kiseki Blue......the Blue gets over looked often because of the popularity of the Purple but shouldn't, the Blue is a fantastic cartridge also. The AMG Teatro cartridge which may not be as popular as the other cartridges mentioned as its AMG's only cartridge and paired more often with other tables then VPI but its also a nice player with the HRX. All the cartridges mentioned I own along with the HRX table and all the cartridges are in rotation often along with a few others......the flip side to all this is the phono stage side of things, something that shouldn't be over looked if you want to realize the full potential from any of these cartridges.....
    Jeff - Very helpful post with your perspectives on several different contenders, thanks for sharing! I took a look at your site and noticed you're also a dealer for Soundsmith cartridges and would appreciate your thoughts on how their Paua for example compares. TIA!

Hi Jeff...thanks so much for the detailed response. You given me lots to think about.

I to to would be interested in how the Soundsmith and Grado cartridges compares as well.
    Paul

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
    Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
    Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
    SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
    AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.

The Paua is a fine contender, its not a cartridge that will high light one particular area more than another, very balance from top to bottom, another that deserves a good phono stage. A great feature they can be rebuilt for reasonable cost compared to others. One thing to note is many of these cartridge mentioned can be fantastic however the phono stage choice is a very important piece of the puzzle IMO.....I typically build around the phono stage, get that part right and you would be surprised in the performance of the many more affordable cartridges that many shy away from! If its a one time buy in and not planning to spend for awhile then I would rather spend on a great phono & good cartridge vs a great cartridge & good phono. As always YMMV.

Jeff Whitlock
    www.avsolutionsca.com

Paul.....as mentioned briefly above the SoundSmith's are nice and very capable cartridges, so are the Grado's.....I can't tell you one betters the other that would be your (opinion) decision as it comes down to what your after sound wise, they do differ though. Having the availability of many fine cartridges in the market makes it difficult if your plans are just owning one or two carts.....

Jeff Whitlock
    www.avsolutionsca.com

Paul.....as mentioned briefly above the SoundSmith's are nice and very capable cartridges, so are the Grado's.....I can't tell you one betters the other that would be your (opinion) decision as it comes down to what your after sound wise, they do differ though. Having the availability of many fine cartridges in the market makes it difficult if your plans are just owning one or two carts.....

Thanks Jeff!
    Paul

..I typically build around the phono stage, get that part right and you would be surprised in the performance of the many more affordable cartridges that many shy away from!
    Jeff: You’ve focused on the cartridges I’ve been considering to replace my Delos - which is a fine cartridge but I’ve got the itch. You can see the rest of my system in my signature and my phono pre is an Esoteric E-03. So my question is, what would you recommend to go with the Esoteric?
    Clearaudio Ovation turntable/Clearaudio Universal tonearm/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze/Esoteric E-03; Apple Air/Ayre QB-9 DSD; McIntosh MCD500; Pioneer RT-909 reel to reel; PrimaLuna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated Amplifier; Harbeth 30.1 Monitors; REL S/5 SHO; Shunyata Venom PS8 Power Distributor, Venom Defender, Venom HC and Venom 3 PCs; Cardas Clear USB Cable; WireWorld Silver Eclipse 7 ICs and speaker cables; Steve Blinn Designs Rack; Mapleshade Platform; KLAUDiO RCM.

Jeff: You’ve focused on the cartridges I’ve been considering to replace my Delos - which is a fine cartridge but I’ve got the itch. You can see the rest of my system in my signature and my phono pre is an Esoteric E-03. So my question is, what would you recommend to go with the Esoteric?
    With out knowing what your after sound wise and just reading from your signature of gear I would consider the Benz Gullwing, works well with your table, arm and will do so with the E-03.....there are other cartridge too but consider one's with a slightly lower output. The 66dB of gain from the E-03 is slightly high for the 0.6mV Delos.

Jeff Whitlock
    www.avsolutionsca.com

With out knowing what your after sound wise and just reading from your signature of gear I would consider the Benz Gullwing, works well with your table, arm and will do so with the E-03.....there are other cartridge too but consider one's with a slightly lower output. The 66dB of gain from the E-03 is slightly high for the 0.6mV Delos.
    Thanks Jeff. To answer your question imprecisely I love the detail, black backgrounds and transparency of the Delos but I find it a bit clinical. I don’t want colored but more musically involving sound and tight bass. From my other components you can see I’m a midrange maniac. I also look for great imaging. So, as always, I guess I want it all. I’d love to try a Micro Benz but I can’t seem to find one. Can you recommend sources or alternatives?
    Clearaudio Ovation turntable/Clearaudio Universal tonearm/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze/Esoteric E-03; Apple Air/Ayre QB-9 DSD; McIntosh MCD500; Pioneer RT-909 reel to reel; PrimaLuna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated Amplifier; Harbeth 30.1 Monitors; REL S/5 SHO; Shunyata Venom PS8 Power Distributor, Venom Defender, Venom HC and Venom 3 PCs; Cardas Clear USB Cable; WireWorld Silver Eclipse 7 ICs and speaker cables; Steve Blinn Designs Rack; Mapleshade Platform; KLAUDiO RCM.

Just bought the Benz Gullwing for my V12 and absolutely love it.

I had the Cadenza Bronze before, and while it is a superb cart, the Gullwing is so much better.

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Just bought the Benz Gullwing for my V12 and absolutely love it.

I had the Cadenza Bronze before, and while it is a superb cart, the Gullwing is so much better.
    Where did you find it? I can’t seem to locate any.

What cartridges are you using?

Where did you find it? I can’t seem to locate any.
    Hi Moby, that is a little bit the thing, they’re not easy to find. As I live in Europe, it is a bit easier here.

But if I remember correctly there was a dealer on the Sharks forum who still had stock. I’ll try to locate that posting for you.

Thank you!

Today's cartridge Kiseki Blue

kisekibluestogi.JPG

Jeff Whitlock
    www.avsolutionsca.com

Well, I’ve pulled the trigger. I’ve ordered a Soundsmith Paua MKII - a low compliance low output cartridge that matches well with my Tonearm and Phono Pre. It has received tremendous reviews (including by people I know and trust) and can be rebuilt for less than 20% of its retail price. Add to that the fact that the seller credited me with virtually the full amount I paid for my Lyra Delos several years ago in a trade-in and this became a no brainer. Hopefully my extended period of GAS since the beginning of the year is now satisfied.

The Paua is nice, with its 0.4mV output it should be better suited then the 0.6mV delos with the E-03....congrats & enjoy!

Jeff Whitlock
    www.avsolutionsca.com

Well, I’ve pulled the trigger. I’ve ordered a Soundsmith Paua MKII - a low compliance low output cartridge that matches well with my Tonearm and Phono Pre. It has received tremendous reviews (including by people I know and trust) and can be rebuilt for less than 20% of its retail price. Add to that the fact that the seller credited me with virtually the full amount I paid for my Lyra Delos several years ago in a trade-in and this became a no brainer. Hopefully my extended period of GAS since the beginning of the year is now satisfied.
    Congrats and please let us know your thoughts on the SS Paua MkII once you have some time with it, enjoy it in the best of health!

deleted - post was duplicated.

Congrats, Soundsmith is a great choice.

Did you get a chance to hear it in your system before deciding?

Congrats, Soundsmith is a great choice. Did you get a chance to hear it in your system before deciding?
    Unfortunately not. Since I live in the Rockies, far from an urban area like NYC or LA that has lots of brick and mortar stereo stores, I often have to buy audio equipment blind without audition and based solely on advice and reviews. I'm surprised, frankly, that it works out as well as it does. I'll give a full report once it arrives and has been burned in. The upside is that yesterday I got to see two mountain lions on a neighbor's back deck and a magnificent bald eagle by a local pond. That is stuff you can't buy!

Duplicate post deleted

Today's cartridge SPU Royal N

royal n.JPG

Jeff Whitlock
    www.avsolutionsca.com

Duplicate post deleted

At the moment I have an Audio Technica AT-OC9/III on my Rock, a Shure V15 type III/jico SAS on the Luxman and a Bellex HOMC on the Planar 3.

Today's cartridge GFS......

amggfs.JPG

Jeff Whitlock
    www.avsolutionsca.com

Windfeld Ti
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gryphon Diablo 300 w/DAC, Rockport Mira II, Wolf Audio Alpha 3SX, DSA Phono 2, Origin Live Sovereign MK3, Enterprise MK4, Conqueror MK4, SoundSmith Hyperion, Miyajima Zero

Koetsu Urushi Vermillon and Rosewood.
    EMT XSD15. Ortofon 2M Black.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
    Shindo, Nagra, Electrocompaniet, Harbeth, AMR, Mc Intosh, Auditorium 23, Rega, DeVore, JC Verdier, WireWorld, Kimber

After using SPU Classic and Royal I set up my Dynavector XV-1S onto the SME 3012-R. Preferring this a lot more.

Source: Technics SP10mk3 - Thales Simplicity II, TW Raven AC-3 - Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Lyra Etna SL, Lyra Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: Phasemation EA-1200, Accuphase C-37,TW Acustik phono
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: D'Agostino HD, conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum S250
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

Quote Originally Posted by XV-1 View Post
    After using SPU Classic and Royal I set up my Dynavector XV-1S onto the SME 3012-R. Preferring this a lot more.

Shane.....
    Are you still using the Accuphase C37 phono stage ?

Shindo, Nagra, Electrocompaniet, Harbeth, AMR, Mc Intosh, Auditorium 23, Rega, DeVore, JC Verdier, WireWorld, Kimber

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome W View Post
    Shane.....
    Are you still using the Accuphase C37 phono stage ?

Yes sir Jerome. I love it. so much better than the Pass XP-25 in sound and usability. The only thing I do when I go from one table to another is switch the phono input - that's it!!

I only wish it had 4 or 5 inputs - LOL
    Source: Technics SP10mk3 - Thales Simplicity II, TW Raven AC-3 - Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Lyra Etna SL, Lyra Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika

Yes sir Jerome. I love it. so much better than the Pass XP-25 in sound and usability. The only thing I do when I go from one table to another is switch the phono input - that's it!!

I only wish it had 4 or 5 inputs - LOL
    Ok Thanks Shane !
    It looks like a terrific phono stage indeed.
    Seems that you need an other one !

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome W View Post
    Ok Thanks Shane !
    It looks like a terrific phono stage indeed.
    Seems that you need an other one !

Hi Jerome

When I move the Thales back over to the TW and put the Technics arm back onto the SP10mk3, I will use my special Dietrich(aka Acoustical Systems) input extender - It is very transparent - then I have 6 inputs if needed.

do you still have the cj GAT?

Hi Jerome

When I move the Thales back over to the TW and put the Technics arm back onto the SP10mk3, I will use my special Dietrich(aka Acoustical Systems) input extender - It is very transparent - then I have 6 inputs if needed.

do you still have the cj GAT?
    I see. Yes lots of input extenders are very neutral. Very useful.
    Yes !!! The GAT is still the King here. With EC182 NOS Telefunkens.....

Sorry bad typo I meant EC188 tubes.

Shelter Harmony still surprising and growing on me in the main rig (over a year later); brand new Shelter Accord doing awesome settling into the headphone rig. Shelter may have become my favorite cartridge maker now?

The stylus shanks are also VERY tiny and use no glue on the aluminum cantilevers, so they seem to be a lot easier to keep clean than large shanks with glue.

I have Ortofon Bronze and Goldring 1042. Liking the Gold a bit better, but not by much.

Anyone tried the EMT JSD P6.0?

Lyra Kleos, replaced my Koetsu Urushi Sky Blue...way more resolution and far more neutral. Hearing things that I hadn’t noticed before on the record, which says a lot to me.

Third from the Lyra line up. Delos first, Titan i and now this on my Schroeder reference;-

788D94E8-B677-4959-A914-829DF5D947DE.jpeg

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

What cartridges are you using?