Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Shunyata New Sigma power cords

Mike, I broke down and ordered two Sigma HC for my amps. They will replace the Zitron Python going from the Cyclops to the amps. After experiencing the improvement of the source gear from upgrading to the Triton v2, I had to be nice to the amps.

I will be able to move one of the Pythons to the preamp, and move the other Python into the HT.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

What a great upgrade. Congrats!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    Mike, I broke down and ordered two Sigma HC for my amps. They will replace the Zitron Python going from the Cyclops to the amps. After experiencing the improvement of the source gear from upgrading to the Triton v2, I had to be nice to the amps.

I will be able to move one of the Pythons to the preamp, and move the other Python into the HT.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

How much of a sonic upgrade was it going from Triton 1 to Triton 2? Did you ever consider Typhons for your amps?
    Speakers: Magico M-Project w/MPods
    Amps: CAT Legend -> CAT JL7s
    Analog: Kronos Pro Limited Edition / Black Beauty tonearm / Zyx Universe Premium, Ortofon A95
    Digital: Roon->Vivaldi DAC/Upsampler
    Cables/Power: Kubala Sosna Elation ICs & SCs / Shunyata Denali 6000T & PC's / Furutech outlets

Quote Originally Posted by madfloyd View Post
    How much of a sonic upgrade was it going from Triton 1 to Triton 2?
    http://audioshark.org/shunyata-resea...tml#post125224

Ian, I will do more evaluation this Friday and Saturday night. The source gear is always on, so the v2 should be a bit more settled in.

Did you ever consider Typhons for your amps?
    Yes, however since I have the Cyclops already on the amps, I can't rationalize the additional $10k for the Typhons. Maybe after I get my S7s.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

Congrats! I moved the Python to the pre as well.

I listened to the system last night for a bit. So far, very happy with the upgrades.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Quote Originally Posted by madfloyd View Post
    I don't get bloated bottom end. I find the Shunyata thins out the midbass (along with cleaning up the sound) and makes for a more colder presentation. If I switch any power cord out for something else (even an older Shunyata) I get tons of bass, but also a lot of grunge. So the Shunyata is working, I just want more meat on the bones (and a cleaner signal if I can get that too). I sort of assumed that any other power cable manufacturer, other than someone who specializes in power like Furutech, isn't going to come close, but perhaps that's close minded of me.
    Agreed. Less mid bass and "cooler" presentation. This results in a less "color" to instruments in the way it would sound in the concert hall. I noticed it, too. I think it extends to the speaker cable as well (at least the Cobra). I've gotten Alphas as well, but didn't hear much difference despite Shunyata's statements, no matter where it was placed in the system (amp, CD player or preamp). That was what made the original King Cobra V2 (circa 2002) so startling: the sheer dynamic power of the mid bass region. It was positively hair-raising. Not even the subsequent Anaconda (again, circa 2002-2003) had the same power. I've had every generation except for the new Sigma and never found the system with quite the same degree of drive to it. It's almost a tradeoff from generation to generation of power cords. I'd kill for a King Cobra V2, first generation cord, but it did have slightly more distortion, (and upper midrange/lower treble sickout, compensated for by their then-Aries interconnect, which was slightly bright in the same region the power cord was sucked out) than later cords. Nonetheless, they haven't had a cord with that much authority in the mid bass since then. I remember HP commenting on the mid bass of some other cord around 2003, only to later state that it had a "mid-bass bump" to it. That mid bass power is what makes a system come to life. Nearly all my musician friends nod when I speak of how the mid bass seems so necessary for "authority" in music - live OR reproduced.

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum mcbrion! Thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

I have a Sigma Analog coming in on Tuesday. It will go into the DAG Pre. Looking forward to the upgrade.

Mike

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post
    I have a Sigma Analog coming in on Tuesday. It will go into the DAG Pre. Looking forward to the upgrade.
    Congrats Mike
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs XP32......incoming
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

Thx Mark! Won't have much time to break them in before the end of the year but that's ok. There's always next year!

Mike

Congrats!
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Sigma Analog arrived yesterday. Installed it last night and I could immediately tell the difference over the Cobra it replaced on the DAG pre. The Cobra is back on the Esoteric K-05.

Mike

Good news. Congratulations. I get more enjoyment out of cable upgrades than gear upgrades since I expect gear to be better.
    Bud

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)

Great news Mike!
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs XP32......incoming
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

Audioshark

Mike - this is great to hear. These Sigma cables seem to be a nice jump in performance. I'm using the Alpha Digital and Analog in my other system and like them a lot. I can only imagine how much better the Sigma cables are.

There is no doubt Shunyata knows power!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

I've decided to keep the Esoteric K-05. There was very interest even at the "give away" price I've had on it. I'm planning to move the Alpha Digital PC to the K-05 and order a Sigma Digital PC for the Lumin S-1.

These Sigma cables are fantastic.

Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Shunyata New Sigma power cords