Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Ugly but beautiful sounds....Grandinote Audio from Italy

Grandinote is now shipping their new top of the line preamp Genesi Ultimate.

The preamp is positioned above their previous top of the line Domino preamp and has only fully balanced connections.

The price is € 19,800 in Europe.

The preamp is currently under review of Hifistatement.de and Mono Stereo. The first comments on the sound are euphoric!!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
    Speaker: Gauder Akustik Berlina RC7 Diamond Black Edition DV
    Power-Amp: Grandinote Demone
    Pre-Amp: Grandinote Domino
    Digital: TAD D1000 MkII; Auralic Aries G1 with modified LPS; QNAP HS 251+ (via Wifi)
    Cables: Wireworld Gold and Platinum Eclipse
    Power: Dedicated power line and dedicated grounding; Furutech wall socket; Furman IT Ref 16 IE; HMS Energia SL/OV
    Rack: Bassocontinuo Reference Line Accordeon

wow , would love to hear that , i thought it was more money though [although its still expensive!]
    1]bel canto EIX/ F5 monoblocks . BC cd2, tannoy eaton legacy 2]bel canto pre 5 ,arcam a85 , black ice modded dac
    modded dac , marantz sa8005, Verity audio Rienzi

Stereo Times just released a rave review about the all Grandinote system presented during the Munich show:

http://v2.stereotimes.com/post/high-...essions-page-5

I sat and listened. And listened. And listened.... The only thing that kept coming back to me was the word SCARY. Not sure if I have heard a loudspeaker, in the Mach 4's price category, as dynamically astute, tonally accurate and as invisible sounding. I'm convinced the Grandinote Mach 4's will flat out embarress loudspeakers a few times their asking price simply because they're as pure sounding as the driven snow, compliments of a crossoverless design. Many designers boast the most expensive and sophisticated crossover parts but I doubt, even if made of the purist materials available, they could outperfom nothing. And nothing in the signal path represents a new sense of information that poured through this listening space and in all honesty surprised the hell out of me. I sat there going through more and more songs wondering how the Mach 4's continued to allow the music through in a way that was horn-like dynamically and especially with regard to speed. Is Max Magri THIS GOOD at making loudspeakers?
    Digital: TAD D1000 MkII; Auralic Aries G1 with modified LPS; QNAP HS 251+ (via Wifi)
    Power: Dedicated power line and dedicated grounding; Furutech wall socket; Furman IT Ref 16 IE; HMS Energia SL/OV

I get the feeling Max is his new bestest friend. he certainly likes his designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiophon View Post
    Stereo Times just released a rave review about the all Grandinote system presented during the Munich show:

http://v2.stereotimes.com/post/high-...essions-page-5

Martin,

Makes it even more regrettable that I missed making that visit to listen to this setup. It would have been even better to have talked with Max as well had not Clement Perry waylaid him before the AS dinner.

Regards
    2 Channel Stereo :
    Custom Win10 Transport | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Acoustic Portrait Thiyaga | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Quote Originally Posted by sharkmouth View Post
    I get the feeling Max is his new bestest friend. he certainly likes his designs.
    I got to know Max from Grandinote about 2 years ago when I asked for a demo of his electronics at home (Grandinote is distributing their electronics directly in Italy). After some weeks with his pre amp at home, I ended up buying it as it greatly improved the performance of my system.

Meanwhile having met Max in divers occasions like Audio shows or when he demoed me his Demone mono blocks, I would be happy and honoured to call him my friend. He is really friendly and just a great guy!

But that's not why I'm buying his stuff! It's because - for me and in my system - his amplifiers just lifted my system to a new level. Much further compared to my previous Pass amps. There is just no comparison and many people (including professional reviewers) having heard his stuff, think the same way.

I'm just asking myself if anybody would have made the same question if I had posted a review of a Vitus, CH, or McIntosh amplifier...Ugly but beautiful sounds....Grandinote Audio from Italy

https://www.hifistatement.net/tests/...ndinote-genesi

Another review in a German online magazine of the new Genesi preamp.

Over the past few years there have also been several favorable reviews for Grandinote in the German "Audio" magazine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Ugly but beautiful sounds....Grandinote Audio from Italy