Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lumin L1

Re: Lumin L1

Quote Originally Posted by EmiLiuZ View Post
    I'm personally using a USB cable to connect my PC to my integrated amplifier, and streaming through Spotify as it is very convenient and I can use the app on my smart phone to remote control it from my couch.

What is the benefits from having L1's D/A1s and NAS compared to my current setup?

For me personally it sounds more inconvenient and old school that you have to transfer files to a server to be able through streaming devices to listen to your music instead of keeping it simple and plain by using a single cable?

Maybe there's something that I've not understood or seen.
    I understand that it will enable to you do FLAC files etc, but it just doesn't seems worth it with all the extra cableling and update/patches as well.
    Scansonic MB-1, Aavik U-300, Sony CD Player as transport, mixture of ansuz cables in different qualities, Ansuz Mainz X Power Distribution, Ansuz Power Distribution for DTC cables

With Lumin players (using AirPlay), you can also use Spotify app on iOS devices to remote control it from your couch. For CD-quality internet streaming, there are also Tidal and Qobuz, both are natively supported by Lumin app, or you can use AirPlay if you prefer the Tidal / Qobuz official apps. For Hi-Res quality streaming, Lumin will soon support full decoding of Tidal Masters MQA, and already support Qobuz Sublime+.

For playback of music files, after they are placed in NAS or L1, you can also remote control the playback of Lumin network players from your couch. In addition to convenience, there is an advantage of the elimination of computer from the music path. Normally-configured computers are not ideal devices for music playback, because the hardware creates lots of interference and signal noise that go through the USB cable to degrade the sound quality of your USB DAC. Therefore people using computer for music playback use all sorts of tricks (e.g. OS optimizer, fanless design, linear power supply, USB isolation, USB signal regeneration, etc.) to reduce the sound quality degradation. Some people also prefer not to have a computer in their music room.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Helo Peter

Thank you for always taking time to answer, but I'm struggling..
    I hav tryd to putt in two albums of Jennifer W, as you can see in picture from computer they are in the L1, but inn picture from iPad you see that it dosent came app, i have try to reset the L1 whitout anny luck. Can you see anny thing wrong ?.
    Attached Images Attached Images

There are two problems:
    1. The files are likely not tagged properly - please use Kid3 to correct the tags - you may also need to convert them to FLAC or AIFF if your WAV tagging does not work - see post #99
    2. The album art is not named as folder.jpg as required
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

And what is a correct tag ? And howe does kid3 work.(i have download it ) Bought the L1 because it was "plug and play" not so sure now.. The L1 shall read wav ?

Sorry this is not for me, The D1 reads those fils from a normal usb hard drive, the L1 dosent read the same fils when i transfer them over. The L1, every time i have hookt it up to my computer i have to reboot it, some times i have 470 album, next time 489 and maybe back to less album next time..
    It don give me a god feeling.
    When all works, great product and fabulous sound.

When you use a USB drive with D1, you're restricted to using the folder view only.

When using Lumin app to access L1, please choose folder view and see if your untagged missing albums can be found there.

The icon on the left here:
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

yes i know that whit the D1 and folder, but on the L1 they not there. The thing that bugs me is their not seems to be stabil. what i have ore not, after i have being booklet app to my MacBook.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Lumin L1