Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

SF Evos in walnut.

Driven by ARC REF 150se and REF 5se

14.jpg15.jpg16.jpg17.jpg18.jpg

That walnut is gorgeous. If I ever went SF, it would be my choice for finish. Nicely done.
    Michael

Magico S5s; PASS Labs Xs150s and Xs preamplifier; Lumin A1; Synergistic Research Galileo LE Powercell, Galileo LE speaker cables and interconnects, Galileo LE Analog and Digital power cords, Transporter Ultra SE, Tranquility Bases, MiGs, HFTs, XOTs, FEQ, Vibratron and Bass Station.

Bruce... They look great in walnut!
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Jeff

AMP: McIntosh MC402 PRE: McIntosh C2300 Digital: Gold Note DS-10 & PSU-10 EVO TURNTABLE: Dr. Feickert Blackbird PHONO STAGE: Gold Note PH-10 & PSU-10 SPEAKERS: Aerial Acoustics Model 8B’s

“The more you tighten your grip Tarkin the more star systems will slip through your fingers”

Super Moderator
    My first choice is still red violin but the walnut looks awesome!
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Bruce
    Absolutely beautiful.
    Bob

Heroes don't wear capes, they wear dogtags.

Super Moderator
    Bruce,

Do the Evos require/need/like a little toe in?
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceLet View Post

Bruce, you're killing me !! I saw your preamp, damn !!
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs XP32......incoming
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MDP View Post
    Bruce, you're killing me !! I saw your preamp, damn !!
    Mark,

Pretty nice, huh.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Re: SF Evos in walnut.

Oh...Boy...that looks like a box of chocolate.
    Paul

Super Moderator

Paul and Davey,

The Sonus Faber Evos are wonderful speakers. So musical and satisfying. Everything sounds great on them.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Paul and Davey,

The Sonus Faber Evos are wonderful speakers. So musical and satisfying. Everything sounds great on them.
    Amazing speaker with vocals, beautiful midrange and the most natural sounding speakers on recorded piano that I have ever owned.

Super Moderator

I am a Sonus Faber lover.

NAD C 658 streamer.

I see that .... Nice avatar!!!
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Rega/Ortofon/Viva 300b/KR

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

Dean Martin - That's Amore - YouTube
    Last edited by joeinid; December 3, 2013 at 02:41 PM.

never seen this color on Evo and it looks stunningly beautiful. WOW good for you. I've been considering to get the red color for sometime but need some more time to load the bullets before i can pull the trigger.

Super Moderator

The walnut is beautiful but red violin red is my favorite.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Hi Bruce,
    I'm just about to pull the trigger on a pair of these myself and considering a total reset on my system. If you could pair anything with the SF GEs, which type of amplification would you use? Do they need solid state or are tubes alright? Does it need an up tempo brighter amp or full laid back sound? I am selling my Ref 10 right now to help fund the purchase of the SF GEs and not sure what else I should pair with them. My source will remain the Bryston BDP-1 and BDA-1. Will add another turntable/cartridge at some point too. I appreciate your thoughts on this.
    Thank you,
    Bavarian05

Hello Bavarian05, I started out with a McIntosh MC452 and found it was way too much of a good thing with the Evos. Sweet, but slow and somewhat muddy, to my taste. I moved on to the ARC REF150 and, to me, it was a great match, except for the heat it generated in my small room. Ideally, I would have had two amps, the ARC and maybe my current Ayre solid state. I think the Evos do need waking up to achieve their fullest possible beauty. The Hegel that everyone is talking about could be a great match also, if you could swing it. I think it would make the Evos sing. I know Joe is going to pair one with his Strads.

Super Moderator

I absolutely feel the Hegel H30 on any Sonus Faber speaker will be killer, especially the Evos!
    Last edited by joeinid; August 6, 2014 at 08:42 AM.

NAD C 658 streamer.

i recently heard the evos playing with both aesthetix tube gear and classe ss gear. the classe was a bit much for them,just too much power and if you read any of my past posts you will see i never pick the ss over tubes in any case.lmao!!! but the aesthetix gear was awesome with evos and sounded so smooth and perfect i was blown away and they were using a really nice classe preamp with it. i was there to hear the rhea phonotage that was being sold used but loved the whole aesthetix/ evo setup it was just incredible. i even inquired if i could use these speakers with 300b amps and was invited back with my amps to try it and never did go back. id listen to joe and bruce though who have owned these speakers. best of luck!!!
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

Steve….I've owned Aesthetix and have heard it in numerous systems. I think it would be a great match, maybe similar to the ARC….Neutral, open, detailed and dynamic. It's been years, so I am going by memory.

Steve….I've owned Aesthetix and have heard it in numerous systems. I think it would be a great match, maybe similar to the ARC….Neutral, open, detailed and dynamic. It's been years, so I am going by memory.
    yes ive always like their stuff, and used to dream of owning some in the past, but the new aesthetix stuff is mindbending good. i know Jeff is a dealer and had told me how good it is a few times, but until i heard some of it recently i wasnt convinced. now i am. and i didnt even hear any of the top of the line or signature pieces. and those evos are really great monitors. well out of my pricerange but i love them.
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

I absolutely feel the Hegel H30 on any Sonus Faber speaker will be killer, especially the Evos!
    I will ill take a closer look at Hegel. My dealer just started carrying their stuff. I believe he has two different integrated amps from them. I have been throwing around the idea of trying the new Primaluna HP integrated with the new SF EVOs. Supposed to generate 85 watts per channel with KT-120s and also has the option to run KT-150s. If I go that route, I can still afford to also buy a Solid State option too. Hegel might be the ticket. I have a pair of new Walnut EVOs on hold with my dealer currently. Just waiting to move my ARC Ref 10 and 110...

Super Moderator

Congratulations! I think both Hegel and Primaluna will be awesome for different reasons. I love having both tube and solid state for variety. Please remember to let the Hegel settle in and give it some time before you judge it. Mine was harsh and congested out of the box. Now it simply stunning and will even get a little better. Enjoy!

NAD C 658 streamer.

My friend Elrocco just sold his Egglestonworks Andra 3s and bought a pair of Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution ( Red Violin ) from somewhere in the USA if you are Canadian and want to save $$$$$$$$$$ that's the place to go congratulation Claude you bought nice & very good speakers The price was also very very good.

PS: 26k Canadian + taxes 15k Canadian + shipping.If you where Canadian where would you buy yours ?????

Sorry they are not walnut but i think that they deserve to be seen also.
    Elrocco 01.JPG Elrocco 02.JPG Elrocco 12.jpg Elrocco 18.JPG Elrocco 09.JPG
    André - - - Keep it simple system
    Amp = Chord CPM-2600
    Source = Chord One
    Speakers = Acoustat 1+1s highly modified
    Life without Acoustat is possible BUT senseless.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

SF Evos in walnut.