Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: I was @ a high-end video store earlier today ...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    As already mentioned, Sony dropped a few levels in the past few years, but I understand they are trying to rectify it. One of the biggest issues I came into is that if you want to stream a video file from USB, it has to be in some oddball format and resolution or else it only fills about 1/6 of the screen size no matter what. When this happened to me, I called Sony Support where the guy pretty much admitted that they were failing in support, quality and useable features. It was not my TV.

That said, I still have an XBR142 that I have had for at least 15 years and the PQ is still the same as day 1. I also have a 32" XBR4 and of course it has a much better PQ than the XBR1 and that guy is at least 10 y/old.

Because of what I found with Sony, and wanting a 32" Smart TV for the bedroom, Sony was out and did not even have an American version of a 32"Smart. I only had a couple choices. A Vizio, which after setting it up next to the XBR4, went back as fast as I unpacked it.

I ended up with a 32" Samsung Smart that has an even better PQ than the Sony XBR4 and with my ZVOX and external Sub, this makes a great bedroom set.
    I agree. These days when it comes to TVs I'm strictly a Samsung or LG guy until something changes and proves itself. My 6 year old 46-inch Samsung LCD is just fine thanks, no issues.

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Re: I was @ a high-end video store earlier today ...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post

Because of what I found with Sony, and wanting a 32" Smart TV for the bedroom, Sony was out and did not even have an American version of a 32"Smart. I only had a couple choices. A Vizio, which after setting it up next to the XBR4, went back as fast as I unpacked it.

I ended up with a 32" Samsung Smart that has an even better PQ than the Sony XBR4 and with my ZVOX and external Sub, this makes a great bedroom set.
    About three weeks ago a good friend was looking for a monitor TV to use at a gallery for a video of his paintings and his own music accompaniment.
    We went to a local video store and the only Smart TV at the time was a Philips 32" one. And he wanted a smart one, not a regular one, and one that he can also use as a monitor for his PC. ...And we were looking at sizes in the range of between roughly 24" to 28".
    I look at Samsung models but they were all larger at the time, and more money too of course. ...And nothing in the 32" size and below.
    I was thinking something in the range of $200 or so; the 32" Smart Philips (flat panel LCD) was $270 Cdn ($300 with tax). He bought it right away.

It's ok because he is a different type of buyer than me. Me I would have ordered the Smart Samsung one, even for $100 more. But time is on my side, and not his.
    That Philips is cool anyway, and serves perfectly his own personal use (business at the gallery, and computer monitor at home).
    His main priority was a USB (version 3) connection, Smart, and flat, with a base (pedestal) too. ...Of course it has two HDMI inputs as well, PC In, plus more (component, digital and analog audio)... And 32" is a great size to use with a computer; he'll be happy with it. ...Nice looking face (both the flat panel, and my friend's face).
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

I was @ a high-end video store earlier today ...