Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Ayre C-5xe MP Placement

Having enjoyed the Ayre's excellent replay of CDs and SACDs over the years, I began to experiment a little more with it after a friend brought round a Rega Isis. The Isis was different - very different - but it did a couple of things with soundstage and air that I rather liked. I had the Ayre sitting on my Solid Tech sprung system rack, so plenty of isolation provided, right? Wrong. I recently placed it on three Deflex Superpods - two on the left and one on the right as the C-5xe is very left-heavy - and the improvement in sound, especially in detail, delicacy and soundstaging, was immediately apparent. With two levels of isolation (and the damping afforded by the sorbothane) the player really sings sweetly, even when the volume is being pushed, with vanishingly low levels of harshness and greater insight.

Has anyone else experimented with footers under the Ayre players?
    Asus/Volumio streamer > Mutec MC-3+ USB reclocker > LKS MH-DA004 DAC > Burson AB-160 XLR buffer > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. PS Audio P3 & P10 regenerators. Audioquest, Coherent & MCRU cables.

Re: Ayre C-5xe MP Placement

I have a CX7e-MP. It is also very left heavy, so I put something heavy on the right top to kind of counterbalance the power supply inside and to provide some case dampening at the same time.

I tried squichy things and rollerpods - both had an immediate but different presentation, along the lines of exactly what you would expect. However, I am now using the Ayre myrtlewood blocks, but I'm sure almost any hardwood would do something similar. I do indeed like the sound with these wood footers best.

Enjoy the experimentation,
    Bob
    Vine, Vide, Velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

How do you use the myrtlewood blocks, Bob? How many, and where?
    Asus/Volumio streamer > Mutec MC-3+ USB reclocker > LKS MH-DA004 DAC > Burson AB-160 XLR buffer > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. PS Audio P3 & P10 regenerators. Audioquest, Coherent & MCRU cables.

just 4 underneath, on whatever flat surface under there that you find - there are a lot of screw heads protruding.
    Vine, Vide, Velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Ok, thanks.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Ayre C-5xe MP Placement