7 17.95%
  • Sonus Faber Stradivari

14 35.90%
  • Something else (comment below)

17 43.59%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: Joe's next speakers

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Oh boy, I never knew this would be so difficult.
    I am willing to bet when you finally find the one that works you stay with it. I believe speakers are the hardest component to settle on - the most personal of choices. Especially pairing with right amp to match impedance curves etc. I rifled through many speakers, liking something about each a lot until I bought my s5 which did all the things my ears wanted. Only downside is they are soooo heavy.

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Toobs View Post
    Joe,
    I say forget all of the suggestions you've read so far and go out and get yourself a pair of Bose 901's and be done with it. Lol
    Exactemente.
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dpod4 View Post
    I am willing to bet when you finally find the one that works you stay with it. I believe speakers are the hardest component to settle on - the most personal of choices. Especially pairing with right amp to match impedance curves etc. I rifled through many speakers, liking something about each a lot until I bought my s5 which did all the things my ears wanted. Only downside is they are soooo heavy.
    I agree Darin !
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs XP32......incoming
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

I'm so glad I'm over with
    Paul

Super Moderator

Never!

It's final. You know what I really want

Quote Originally Posted by highEndguy View Post
    Buy back your TADs
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Joe's next speakers

Joe
    I'm thinking u pull a Mike and revisit an old friend and go with the soon to be released TAD CR-1 V2 with a new sweeter tweeter, more efficiency, and a rear slot to toast bagels so less interruptions for eating
    Nick
    Nick

Main system :TAD CR1 speakers, Viola Labs Symphony amp,Pass XP-20 preamp., MSB Discrete DAC with twin power supplies and V2 Renderer module, Gigafoil V4 inline ethernet filter with uptone LPS-1 power supply with Ghent audio Gotham 2.1mm to 2.5mm cable and AG diamond ethernet cable, Sonicorbitor Roon Audiophile 6 TB network server-player , MG Audio Design Planus III jumpers & speaker cables, Zitron Cobra power cords, Shunyata Hydra AV, and acoustic zen absolute copper IC,. Room treatment ASC tower traps, Vicoustic absorber premium cinema wall and ceiling panels, and MSR acoustic trifusser side wall panel

Never!

It's final. You know what I really want
    I know , just messing around
    Caribbean Distributor of
    ARC / Sonus Faber / Wadia / Wilson / VAC / Soulution / Nordost / Shunyata / Stillpoints
    Kuzma / Focal / Resonessence Labs / ARIA / KRELL / Pro-Ject...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMcIntosh View Post
    I'm so glad I'm over with
    Paul, any official word what the final decision is yet? Please post to your thread!

Allen

Quote Originally Posted by MDP View Post
    I agree Darin !
    +2!

Allen

Joe, are you looking for your exit speakers or just another pair to complement the Harbeths?

Allen

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by socfan12 View Post
    Joe, are you looking for your exit speakers or just another pair to complement the Harbeths?
    Hi Allen,

I'd have to say Yes and Yes.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Joe, would you consider Lansche 5.1 or perhaps the 7?
    working progress

Super Moderator

I don't know enough about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rtan View Post
    Joe, would you consider Lansche 5.1 or perhaps the 7?

NAD C 658 streamer.

I heard these speakers have an internal dac - very convenient for Joe.
    unusualmp3-speaker-thumb-300x450.jpg
    Last edited by joeinid; May 11, 2014 at 09:09 PM.

Super Moderator

Darrin?

There certainly a few ports that I'd love to explore.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Price?
    Michael

Magico S5s; PASS Labs Xs150s and Xs preamplifier; Lumin A1; Synergistic Research Galileo LE Powercell, Galileo LE speaker cables and interconnects, Galileo LE Analog and Digital power cords, Transporter Ultra SE, Tranquility Bases, MiGs, HFTs, XOTs, FEQ, Vibratron and Bass Station.

I tried to delete the second image because I didn't want to offend anyone. I can't get figure out how to. My caption was going to read "Hey Joe these come with in home setup including help bracing the speakers from the front"

Super Moderator

Oh so worth it

Quote Originally Posted by mdkim View Post
    Price?

NAD C 658 streamer.

Super Moderator

I save the image first , then if you want, I'll delete it.

I tried to delete the second image because I didn't want to offend anyone. I can't get figure out how to. My caption was going to read "Hey Joe these come with in home setup including help bracing the speakers from the front"

NAD C 658 streamer.

I save the image first , then if you want, I'll delete it.
    With her standing in front of the speakers I bet there are no standing waves or slap echo.

Super Moderator

My kind of woman

With her standing in front of the speakers I bet there are no standing waves or slap echo.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Super Moderator

Ha!

I had a pair of the 901 series III in college. Great party speakers.

Joe
    I say forget all of the suggestions you've read so far and go out and get yourself a pair of Bose 901's and be done with it

On a serious note, get the Stradivaris You know you want them

NAD C 658 streamer.

joe, i have no idea what my next speaker will be so i shouldnt be giving you any advise. but i will.lol..
    you have harbeths, that covers your big box speaker. and the cornwalls you can either keep or build a pair of cornscalas.
    pick up a nice monitor like the c1.1 or d1. also to scratch that raidho itch without spending $70k.
    add a nice efficient pair like the vapors or the new lumins or the wave 40's .
    you would have all your needs covered. then get some 300b's.lmao!!!
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Rega/Ortofon/Viva 300b/KR

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

Super Moderator

Steve,

I absolutely love those ideas!

NAD C 658 streamer.

Maybe the new:

Mono and Stereo The Goldmund ProLogos Plus speakers

To achieve an even more extended response in the low frequencies, a third way has been added to the Prologos 2*‐ way topology, using a 7” Woofer of extreme linearity.

The Mid-*range and tweeter remain the same drivers used in the Prologos and the same drivers used in the Goldmund Apologue Anniversary.

In order to keep the high efficiency and high SPL capability of the Prologos, and additional Telos circuit is used and an exceptional 3-*way crossover is implemented in the Digital domain with full Amplitude, Phase and Time correction...

JBL Everest or K2 S9900

Avantgarde Uno or Duo
    Source: Technics SP10mk3 - Thales Simplicity II, TW Raven AC-3 - Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Lyra Etna SL, Lyra Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: Phasemation EA-1200, Accuphase C-37,TW Acustik phono
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: D'Agostino HD, conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum S250
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

Good to see some backup for my AG Duo suggestion. Kudos!
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

ALL Dynaudio with discount 30% by change of Spain's distributor.

-> Cambio de importador de Dynaudio (Mayo)

La verdad es que ya llevaban un tiempo negociando sobre la continuidad de la distribución. Por parte de DYNAUDIO, han ido cambiando estos años en sus politicas de venta, incluso sustituyendo a su “Sales Manager” para Europa. No se entiende como dejaron marchar a Robert Hagemann, el cual ha sido inmediatamente fichado por BURMESTER, y que además continúa unido con Francisco Gutiérrez de LYRIC AUDIO ELITE por un vínculo de amistad de mas de 20 años. Tambien dejaron de sumunistrar OCOS, así, sin más, cuando era el cable de referencia para DYNAUDIO, y así otros pequeños cambios que no siempre eran del agrado de sus Distribuidores.

Finalmente, y despues de 25 años, LYRIC AUDIO ELITE, según nos explicaba su responsable, tomó la decisión de dar por concluidas sus relaciones comerciales a partir del 1 de Mayo, fecha en que se comunicaría oficialmente el nombramiento de un nuevo distribuidor para España.

Por este motivo LYRIC AUDIO ELITE, con los almacenes repletos de mercancía, va a proceder a traves de su red de colaboradores, a la liquidación de todo el material que tiene en STOCK y que comprende prácticamente toda la gama, desde la serie DM, pasando por las EXCITE, FOCUS, CONTOUR S y CONFIDENCE, ofreciendo un DESCUENTO DIRECTO DEL 30 % EN TODOS LOS MODELOS hasta finalizar existencias...

Bose 901 Series X1000?
    Myles B. Astor, Senior Editor, PF, www.positive-feedback.com
    Zellaton Plural Evo speakers, Doshi Audio EVO phonostage, VPI Avenger direct-drive turntable/VPI 12-inch gimbal Fatboy/vdH Colibri Master Signature/Triangle Art Apollo cartridges, SAT LM-12 tonearms/Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, VPI 12-inch gimballed Carbon Fiber arm/vdh Black Crimson and Sumiko Songbird, Mutech Hayabusa cartridges
    Technics RS1506 reel-to-reel with low inductance Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi Audio EVO tapestage, AudioQuest Dragon Zero, Audience FrontRow, Ensemble PC, Skogrand, Kubala-Sosna Realization speaker cable, Ikigai Kangai speaker cable, SRA Craz 3/OHIO 2.3 platforms and Symposium ISIS/Ultra rack/platforms, Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC.

Super Moderator

With Signature version of the external crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Myles B. Astor View Post
    Bose 901 Series X1000?

NAD C 658 streamer.

S3's
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Harbeth 40.2 Anniversaries.

Myles B. Astor, Senior Editor, PF, www.positive-feedback.com
    Zellaton Plural Evo speakers, Doshi Audio EVO phonostage, VPI Avenger direct-drive turntable/VPI 12-inch gimbal Fatboy/vdH Colibri Master Signature/Triangle Art Apollo cartridges, SAT LM-12 tonearms/Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, VPI 12-inch gimballed Carbon Fiber arm/vdh Black Crimson and Sumiko Songbird, Mutech Hayabusa cartridges
    Technics RS1506 reel-to-reel with low inductance Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi Audio EVO tapestage, AudioQuest Dragon Zero, Audience FrontRow, Ensemble PC, Skogrand, Kubala-Sosna Realization speaker cable, Ikigai Kangai speaker cable, SRA Craz 3/OHIO 2.3 platforms and Symposium ISIS/Ultra rack/platforms, Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC.

I believe were ordered months ago and therefore not truly a guess
    Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by Penthouse-D View Post
    S3's
    Nick

Main system :TAD CR1 speakers, Viola Labs Symphony amp,Pass XP-20 preamp., MSB Discrete DAC with twin power supplies and V2 Renderer module, Gigafoil V4 inline ethernet filter with uptone LPS-1 power supply with Ghent audio Gotham 2.1mm to 2.5mm cable and AG diamond ethernet cable, Sonicorbitor Roon Audiophile 6 TB network server-player , MG Audio Design Planus III jumpers & speaker cables, Zitron Cobra power cords, Shunyata Hydra AV, and acoustic zen absolute copper IC,. Room treatment ASC tower traps, Vicoustic absorber premium cinema wall and ceiling panels, and MSR acoustic trifusser side wall panel

Super Moderator

S3's
    They might be wonderful. I did love the S1 and S5.

Quote Originally Posted by Myles B. Astor View Post
    Is that a hint Myles? Can't wait for your report on the S5. I think S3 are the perfect size.

Quote Originally Posted by veindoc View Post
    Nick
    And cancelled due to Magico QC probs.

NAD C 658 streamer.

I did not know that and stand corrected. Very interesting.
    Nick
    They might be wonderful. I did love the S1 and S5.

Is that a hint Myles? Can't wait for your report on the S5. I think S3 are the perfect size.

Nick

Steve,

I absolutely love those ideas!
    well i voted for strads because they still are my favorite alltime speaker and they are pretty efficient and versatile and just cool!! but i think you will absolutely love the harbeths and they will end up being your "main " speaker for awhile.
    im personally waiting for a review from a very trusted reviewer on the lumins to come down soon. see whats up with them.
    good luck Joe, speakers are the hardest thing to buy, and i put myself in a different market when i got the 300b's making speakers even harder to buy.lol. ill be curious to your outcome!!
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Rega/Ortofon/Viva 300b/KR

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

Super Moderator

Thank you for your help Steve. I value your opinion. I really think the Harbeths will take center stage for a while. I have some diversity in gear to drive them so I am not worried. From other forums, it looks like the Strads need some control to be their best but again, I am not worried. My final choice will take many months, so unlike me. It's funny, having no choice and living with the Corwalls, I'm loving them all over again. They are outstanding with the everything I have but the Naim is taking center stage because it's new. Are they audiophile? No, but I am having fun for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Petro85 View Post
    well i voted for strads because they still are my favorite alltime speaker and they are pretty efficient and versatile and just cool!! but i think you will absolutely love the harbeths and they will end up being your "main " speaker for awhile.
    im personally waiting for a review from a very trusted reviewer on the lumins to come down soon. see whats up with them.
    good luck Joe, speakers are the hardest thing to buy, and i put myself in a different market when i got the 300b's making speakers even harder to buy.lol. ill be curious to your outcome!!

NAD C 658 streamer.

Super Moderator

Those could be fun!

NAD C 658 streamer.

They are!

Hi Joe, I voted for the Strads as well. Your MC601's and ARTS should have no problem driving them and you yourself said how wonderful they make you feel. It's up to you to determine whether you want the precision and accuracy of something like Raidho or the musicality of something more along the lines of SF. Now if by chance you happen to hit the Powerball someday I offer you this:

Living Voice Vox Olympian.

Doug

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Joe, I would love to suggest the very best pair of loudspeakers to you and which would make you extremely happy forever ever fever after.
    But I simply don't know where to start.

Let me put it straight this way to you if I may: Speakers are a very personal thing; they are like a pair of stereo women. Nobody can tell you which pair is the right fitting pair for you. Best thing is to audition as many as you can in your own bed, and start from there. ...When you'll hear the right sound, you'll know if you can live with them for a long time, or not. ...Good luck! ...In your ultimate pursuit of happiness. ...Love life, live longer and we all love you.
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

Humm... I'd like to hear more about the Magico Q.C. issue..... Interesting.
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Harbeth 40.2 Anniversaries.

Joe
    Quit knockin yer damned head against the wall and get the Strads
    Bob

Heroes don't wear capes, they wear dogtags.

Humm... I'd like to hear more about the Magico Q.C. issue..... Interesting.
    I've talked to MANY other Magico dealers as well as maybe 10 Magico customers who bought Magico speakers from other dealers than myself. Not one person that I talked to has experienced any Q.C issues.

I personally have been involved shipping and receiving many sets of Magico speaker with not one little issue. Every set of speakers and the overall shipping/receiving experience has been perfect.

Audioshark

My recommendation is the Raidho D3's for Joe.

They have a manageable footprint, play amazingly well at low volumes and the new D3's are more back wall friendly.

The D3's will also sound great with some of the amps Joe likes to play with.

The D3's resolution and clarity is unmatched.

Raidho Acoustics? D-3 Loudspeaker ? Audiophilia

But that being said....I know Joe's is saying:

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)

You really don't want to open that can of worms again Bob.
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs XP32......incoming
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

Super Moderator

There's a few more that I need to hear before I commit.

Joe
    Quit knockin yer damned head against the wall and get the Strads

NAD C 658 streamer.

Super Moderator

Thanks Mike!

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by MDP View Post
    You really don't want to open that can of worms again Bob.
    I was not the one that brought it up, just responding to the two comments below that were made prior to my post.

1) Originally Posted by veindoc
    Nick

2)Humm... I'd like to hear more about the Magico Q.C. issue..... Interesting.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Joe's next speakers