• Raidho D3

7 17.95%
  • Sonus Faber Stradivari

14 35.90%
  • Something else (comment below)

17 43.59%
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Re: Joe's next speakers

well @ 200 lbs, the shipping is probably as much as he is asking for the speakers anyway!Seems to me that if you have room for the strads ,then a pair of tannoy might fit *L*
    richb- naim 202/200,flatcap 2, hi-cap dr,cd5i,nat 05 tuner,linn lp12 w/lingo,quadraspire 2t vented rack,quadraspire tt shelf (installed) tandberg 340 w/rosewood caps and of course harbeth m 30.1 in rosewood mounted on metal folding bookcases from container store (it works-who knew?)

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    I'll been waiting 3 months next week for the 40's. There seems to be some parts problems. If I can cancel the order without problem, the Strads are next. I don't think I need accurate. I want musical, fun speakers.
    It sounds like you are looking at the right speakers. They say they put a smile on many buyers faces.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

having lived with the 30.1 for all of a week or so,i can see where even the 40.1 may not be the most detailed speaker out there, but what it does play comes thru extremely well, full range probably is more room dependent than my room would allow for anyway.So the 30.1 is working out very well me
    richb- naim 202/200,flatcap 2, hi-cap dr,cd5i,nat 05 tuner,linn lp12 w/lingo,quadraspire 2t vented rack,quadraspire tt shelf (installed) tandberg 340 w/rosewood caps and of course harbeth m 30.1 in rosewood mounted on metal folding bookcases from container store (it works-who knew?)

Super Moderator

Rich,

The 30.1 are awesome but I'm obsessed about Strads. I need the scratch that itch.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Joe,
    Since a few weeks, I saw a few movies and BR's with the 40.1. Not only they are extremely resolved and accurate but their dynamics and realism is out of this world. They load the room in a unique way. Using them in HT makes the actors come out of the screen and be with us in the room.
    I never listened to a more accurate speaker.
    Stay still. You won't regret it.

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk
    Shindo, Nagra, Electrocompaniet, Harbeth, AMR, Mc Intosh, Auditorium 23, Rega, DeVore, JC Verdier, WireWorld, Kimber

Super Moderator

Thank you Jerome. Let's see what my dealer says.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome W View Post
    Joe,
    Since a few weeks, I saw a few movies and BR's with the 40.1. Not only they are extremely resolved and accurate but their dynamics and realism is out of this world. They load the room in a unique way. Using them in HT makes the actors come out of the screen and be with us in the room.
    I never listened to a more accurate speaker.
    Stay still. You won't regret it.

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk
    I'm really happy with the 30.1s. I always wondered, why they were so much more than Compact 7s; and I really thought the 7 was the sweet-spot in the Harbeth line-up. But now I see why; IMO, the 30.1...though smaller...is punchier, and more dynamic.

cd- glad to hear that, as it is difficult for me to audition speakers (or any equipment),i bought them more on faith and reading than anything else and quite frankly the price (even used) was scary to me- definitely preferred the price of the 7's but did not want to keep looking for something better (although i wish i could keep trying new equipment). I think the 30.1 will keep me satisfied for a very long time. ps as an aside to joe- if you ever do get the strads but decide you would rather have 30.1 - well i would consider a trade *L*

Joe -
    Oh where oh where can my 40's be, oh where oh where can they be (you know the tune).Have you heard anything about a delivery?Certainly hope so!

Super Moderator

Hi Rich,

From all that I can tell, the 40.1's are still several months out. I'll leave it alone for now but in the meantime, I am ordering the Strads. It's time!

NAD C 658 streamer.

Audioshark

Hi Rich,

From all that I can tell, the 40.1's are still several months out. I'll leave it alone for now but in the meantime, I am ordering the Strads. It's time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

are they the used pair on a-gon or are they available new and when did you win the lottery?

Quote Originally Posted by richb View Post
    are they the used pair on a-gon or are they available new and when did you win the lottery?
    For the record. He hits the jack pot twice every year
    Paul

Super Moderator

As tempting as that pair is, I want new because these will be keepers aka destination speakers.

I really shouldn't, I am only buying them for you guys and to have something to talk about

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMcIntosh View Post
    For the record. He hits the jack pot twice every year

NAD C 658 streamer.

I so happy for you. After they arrive, quickly mail a special delivery letter to yourself with bold block letters on outside they say-"only open when u consider selling your Strads."
    Inside the note should say-DON'T DO it Joe-You'll B sorry!!!!

Enjoy them
    NIck
    Nick

Main system :TAD CR1 speakers, Viola Labs Symphony amp,Pass XP-20 preamp., MSB Discrete DAC with twin power supplies and V2 Renderer module, Gigafoil V4 inline ethernet filter with uptone LPS-1 power supply with Ghent audio Gotham 2.1mm to 2.5mm cable and AG diamond ethernet cable, Sonicorbitor Roon Audiophile 6 TB network server-player , MG Audio Design Planus III jumpers & speaker cables, Zitron Cobra power cords, Shunyata Hydra AV, and acoustic zen absolute copper IC,. Room treatment ASC tower traps, Vicoustic absorber premium cinema wall and ceiling panels, and MSR acoustic trifusser side wall panel

NEW POST ~ place your bets (Joe can even get in on this) which will show up first- the strads or the harbeth 40's, or at the same time!

Strads. Ithink the strads are going to tickle Joe's fancy and be the pair he has been hoping for. Warm and musical.

I'm sure he will be happy with either, but was wondering which would show up FIRST,after all the 40's were ordered some time ago- they have a good head-start,but doesn't seem to matter *L*

I think the Strads will show first because it was a match made in heaven Joe's next speakers

Super Moderator

Thanks guys. I bet the Strads show first. Waiting for the 40.1's has been a little frustrating. Absolutely a match made in heaven. I can not wait.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Thanks guys. I bet the Strads show first. Waiting for the 40.1's has been a little frustrating. Absolutely a match made in heaven. I can not wait.
    Strads with the Tenor. Ahhhhhh.

I asked the president of tenor. He loved it.
    Paul

Super Moderator

Paul,

Maybe you could put in a good word for me when the time comes.

I bet it's outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMcIntosh View Post
    Strads with the Tenor. Ahhhhhh.

I asked the president of tenor. He loved it.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Joe

Is the holdup on the 40.1's the color? Does Fidelis not know of a dealer that has a pair like you want that your dealer can trade for.

Joe's next speakers

Congrats on the Strads Joe! They are wonderfully musical speakers and gorgeous to look at. Think you will love them provided you have the room. If you've bought new then you also get the Sumiko master setup which i understand is quite amazing to watch. Not sure who does it in your area now that Bill is with Transparent.
    Have fun!!

my understanding is that harbeth builds in quantity but only when the orders are already in place, plus with a new model just ramping up, that may also be delaying production of the 40's

Super Moderator

Hi Jack,

Not the color, I'm told it's a woofer basket part problem from a supplier. Not 100% sure what that means.

As far as I know, no new ones are in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Joe

Is the holdup on the 40.1's the color? Does Fidelis not know of a dealer that has a pair like you want that your dealer can trade for.

NAD C 658 streamer.

tunes- while the sumiko master setup sounds interesting, i just heard that when you buy used you get a sumo (wrestler) master setup.Also amazing to watch as he just slings your speaker into place

Super Moderator

Thank you. I am so excited to finally have the opportunity to get them in my room.

Quote Originally Posted by tunes View Post
    Congrats on the Strads Joe! They are wonderfully musical speakers and gorgeous to look at. Think you will love them provided you have the room. If you've bought new then you also get the Sumiko master setup which i understand is quite amazing to watch. Not sure who does it in your area now that Bill is with Transparent.
    Have fun!!
    I am sure the new model intro is not helping.

my understanding is that harbeth builds in quantity but only when the orders are already in place, plus with a new model just ramping up, that may also be delaying production of the 40's

NAD C 658 streamer.

Super Moderator

tunes- while the sumiko master setup sounds interesting, i just heard that when you buy used you get a sumo (wrestler) master setup.Also amazing to watch as he just slings your speaker into place

NAD C 658 streamer.

Joe

I guess you can just wait it out then. Congrats on the Strad's I think you will love them with tubes. OBTW, did you ever figure out what was wrong with the RM-10?

sweet joe, congrats!!!!! you always knew it was going to come down to a pair of strads eventually..lol
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Rega/Ortofon/Viva 300b/KR

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Joe

I guess you can just wait it out then. Congrats on the Strad's I think you will love them with tubes. OBTW, did you ever figure out what was wrong with the RM-10?
    Thank you Jack. I haven't officially cancelled the 40.1's. Whenever they show up is good for me. I have not wanted to deal with the RM-10 but I will dig into it before the weekend and let Ben/Rodger know what I find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Petro85 View Post
    sweet joe, congrats!!!!! you always knew it was going to come down to a pair of strads eventually..lol
    Thank you Steve. Nothing else excites me like the Strads. Maybe something like the Cary 805AE on them will be fun too. What do you think about that? 50 wpc SET. Yeah baby!
    Last edited by joeinid; July 9, 2014 at 10:17 PM.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Joe

If you can stand the heat, I don't think much of anything in the "tube realm" will be better than the ART's on the Strad's. The RM-10 would be an interesting experiment and maybe Roger would know if they would work. They did fine with the 85db Vandies, but I did have the subs in play too. Never tried them on their own. The RM-10 was great with the three Reynaud's, Soliloquy and GMA. I suspect Mike's upgraded JOB would sound great too.

Super Moderator

I am waiting for the Job monos to come out and KNOW that the CJ will be perfect. I just like a little variety and am thinking out loud. Life is good. I can't wait.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Congrats on a great pair of speakers Joe! Hopefully you won't have to watch the sumo wrestler from behind when he positions them in your room.
    Doug

Super Moderator

Ha!

I hope so too. Thanks for the visual.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Congrats on the Strads Joe ! Surely a very nice sounding speaker.
    Several months ahead for the 40.1 ?? There must be a problem with the US importer.
    Do you want me to check for a used pair in Europe ? They show up from time to time, between 5.5 and 7.5k euros....

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk
    Shindo, Nagra, Electrocompaniet, Harbeth, AMR, Mc Intosh, Auditorium 23, Rega, DeVore, JC Verdier, WireWorld, Kimber

Super Moderator

Hi Jerome,

Thank you so much. I have a feeling they may show up around the same time.

I heard it was a manufacturing problem but who really knows.

Quality takes time.

Congrats on the Strads Joe ! Surely a very nice sounding speaker.
    Several months ahead for the 40.1 ?? There must be a problem with the US importer.
    Do you want me to check for a used pair in Europe ? They show up from time to time, between 5.5 and 7.5k euros....

NAD C 658 streamer.

Joe, did you order the Strads new or is it a used pair ? When will you get them ?

Super Moderator

Speakers are one thing (or two things) I don't like buying used. I am still working out all the details but they will be new. All the details should be worked out in a few weeks.

Joe, did you order the Strads new or is it a used pair ? When will you get them ?

NAD C 658 streamer.

Joe, just for you. I hope they are all & more of what you are chasing in the world of gossamer

Sonus Faber Lilium?

Speakeasy

Super Moderator

Thanks Kev,

I hope and think they will be.

Steve,

Lilium might be too rich for my blood but I would LOVE to hear them.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)

Your dream girl, in a Red Violin dress !
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs XP32......incoming
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

Super Moderator

Yes indeed. The wheels are in motion

Quote Originally Posted by MDP View Post

Your dream girl, in a Red Violin dress !

NAD C 658 streamer.

congrats on your upcoming strads, but don't the new lilium slot lower down than the strads?

Congrats, Joe. will be curious if you prefer the CJs or Macs on them...

Super Moderator

congrats on your upcoming strads, but don't the new lilium slot lower down than the strads?
    I think they are a step up than the Strads but I don't care

There's always next year

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    Congrats, Joe. will be curious if you prefer the CJs or Macs on them...
    Thanks Keith,

First time I heard the Strads was with the C500T and MC2301's. It was GLORIOUS. I hope/think the GAT/ART monos will be the better combo. I will do whatever it takes to get the goosebumps back.

I also have a Hegel H30 coming for a different solid state feel. I am really curious about that one.
    Last edited by joeinid; July 10, 2014 at 04:51 PM.

NAD C 658 streamer.

I think they are a step up than the Strads but I don't care

There's always next year

Thanks Keith,

First time I heard the Strads was with the C500T and MC2301's. It was GLORIOUS. I hope/think the GAT/ART monos will be the better combo. I will do whatever it takes to get the goosebumps back.
    Without the Mr Serblin. Nah.....I wouldn't think it's the same SF speakers. Not with my experience

I really hope you get the goosebumps. If it's not ? now you are in trouble.
    Last month I went to this Macedonian restaurants(in 20 yrs ) coz I missed her food so much so I went back there and owner & store are still same BUT the food it wasn't same taste as I remember....Hope this is not the case for you.
    Paul

Super Moderator

Paul,

I'll be fine! They will certainly be better to my taste than the TADs were.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Joe's next speakers