Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Just ordered a Manley Chinook today.

Pulled the trigger on a Manley Chinook today. It should arrive in less than 2 weeks. Had been using the phonostage that is built into my McIntosh C2300. My table is a Rega P5 with the PSU and Groovetracer subplatter. Cart is a Dynavector 20XL (low) MC. Anybody have or heard the Chinook care to comment on this phonostage? Thanks to Jeff at A/V Solutions for his help.
    B&W 802 Diamonds, McIntosh Mc601s, C2300, Oppo BDP 95, JL Audio F113's, Running Springs Audio "Dimitiri" power conditioner, Wireworld interconnects, Rega P5.

Super Moderator
    Congratulations!

MDP aka Mark has one too and loves his.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    A new audio toy!
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

thebeatles67... Congratulations!!! I will be following your progress. Jeff keeps telling me to upgrade my phonostage (same here - C2300). It's on my to do list when funds become available. Please keep us updated.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Jeff

AMP: McIntosh MC402 PRE: McIntosh C2300 Digital: Gold Note DS-10 & PSU-10 EVO TURNTABLE: Dr. Feickert Blackbird PHONO STAGE: Gold Note PH-10 & PSU-10 SPEAKERS: Aerial Acoustics Model 8B’s

“The more you tighten your grip Tarkin the more star systems will slip through your fingers”

Congrats! I think Jerome might have a Chinook also. Maybe he'll chime in here.
    Doug

Congratulations.
    I was torn between that and a Rogue Ares
    Went with the Ares but that Chinook was almost in my basement.
    Looking forward to your review.

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)
    Quote Originally Posted by thebeatles67 View Post
    Pulled the trigger on a Manley Chinook today. It should arrive in less than 2 weeks. Had been using the phonostage that is built into my McIntosh C2300. My table is a Rega P5 with the PSU and Groovetracer subplatter. Cart is a Dynavector 20XL (low) MC. Anybody have or heard the Chinook care to comment on this phonostage? Thanks to Jeff at A/V Solutions for his help.
    You will love the Chinook, it's just an amazing phono pre,got mine from Jeff too. It's hard for me to tell you how it sounds,because I can't find any thing to criticize. It just makes beautiful music !!

Congrats !!!!
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs XP32......incoming
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

Congrats! Keep us posted and share us your experience.
    working progress

Audioshark
    Congrats! Top notch phono stage!
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Great phonostage! Worth every nickel . Best of luck with it.

Re: Just ordered a Manley Chinook today.

No Doug, I haven't.
    I thought about buying one on several occasions, without even hearing one but finally I took an other path.
    The Chinook looks like a top phono stage.

Jerome, how are you my very good Parisian friend? ...Ca vas bien mon ami, ca roule comme tu veux?
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Hey Bob,

I'm fine my friend, thanks ! I still have lots, tons, millions of things to do to improve myself and control my emotions but I'm on the way....

BTW "thebeatles67" : Congrats on your purchase ! Manley makes great great gear at friendly prices. You will love the Chinook, I'm sure.
    What is your first name ?
    Shindo, Nagra, Electrocompaniet, Harbeth, AMR, Mc Intosh, Auditorium 23, Rega, DeVore, JC Verdier, WireWorld, Kimber

Son nom est Mike (thebeatles67) Jerome.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Merci Bob !
    So many Mikes and Jeffs here that we dont know we could write Jeff/Mike.....

Congrats Mike !
    Shindo, Nagra, Electrocompaniet, Harbeth, AMR, Mc Intosh, Auditorium 23, Rega, DeVore, JC Verdier, WireWorld, Kimber

There are three of us as well here (Bob).

Number one is Jeff.
    Number two is Mike.

Then there is the rest. ...But there is only one Joe, and only one Jerome.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Thanks guys. Hopefully I'll have the Chinook by Friday and I can report my findings. Til then....

Mike
    B&W 802 Diamonds, McIntosh Mc601s, C2300, Oppo BDP 95, JL Audio F113's, Running Springs Audio "Dimitiri" power conditioner, Wireworld interconnects, Rega P5.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome W View Post
    No Doug, I haven't.
    I thought about buying one on several occasions, without even hearing one but finally I took an other path.
    The Chinook looks like a top phono stage.
    That's right Jerome, my mistake. I knew you used some of their other gear but not the phono stage.

Thanks guys. Hopefully I'll have the Chinook by Friday and I can report my findings. Til then....

Mike
    That's great news Mike, and don't forget the pictures!
    Doug

Ok--the Chinook arrived this afternoon. Gotta it hooked up and I'm on my 2nd LP. Way too early to give a detailed report but so far it sounds nice and hoping the break end period wont take that long.

Ok--the Chinook arrived this afternoon. Gotta it hooked up and I'm on my 2nd LP. Way too early to give a detailed report but so far it sounds nice and hoping the break end period wont take that long.
    Cool !
    My guess is that it will blow away the 2300 inboard phono stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome W View Post
    Cool !
    My guess is that it will blow away the 2300 inboard phono stage.
    +1
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    REL Subs

Mike
    Hey Mike, did you ever get your Chinook ??
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    REL Subs

Quote Originally Posted by MDP View Post
    Hey Mike, did you ever get your Chinook ??
    Someone is getting one of these!?!?

Dewey,

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

Hey Mark,

Yes I got it and Im still within the breakin period. Ill be sure to write a review and my opinion soon. Thanks for checkin in.

Mike

Audioshark

Hey Mark,

Yes I got it and Im still within the breakin period. Ill be sure to write a review and my opinion soon. Thanks for checkin in.

Mike
    Mike - what other phono stages do you have or have you had that you can compare it to? I'm quite interested in your review.

Mike
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Hey Mark,

Mike
    Awesome
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    REL Subs

Just bought one for use with my C2300 also. I thought I was happy/content with the McIntosh built-in. Finally found a stage that could rival the Mc for under $3000. I will miss the ability to change capacitance/resistance with the remote.

Quote Originally Posted by miner42 View Post
    Just bought one for use with my C2300 also. I thought I was happy/content with the McIntosh built-in. Finally found a stage that could rival the Mc for under $3000. I will miss the ability to change capacitance/resistance with the remote.
    Having owned the C2300 and having reviewed the Manley Chinook, I suspect you will be very happy with your purchase.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

The Chinook is amazing, love mine. After re-tubing it, it's even better!
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    REL Subs

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Just ordered a Manley Chinook today.