Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

montreal audio show

Five weeks away. Anyone going this year?

http://www.salonsonimage.com/EN/

Re: montreal audio show

Hmm, looks like Magico will be there... though many other interesting exhibitors as far as I can tell.
    Speakers: Magico M-Project w/MPods
    Amps: CAT Legend -> CAT JL7s
    Analog: Kronos Pro Limited Edition / Black Beauty tonearm / Zyx Universe Premium, Ortofon A95
    Digital: Roon->Vivaldi DAC/Upsampler
    Cables/Power: Kubala Sosna Elation ICs & SCs / Shunyata Denali 6000T & PC's / Furutech outlets

montreal audio show

Should be there, Friday afternoon most probably.
    Dan

The older I get the more I know how little I know!

montreal audio show

I'm hoping to go fri to sat if my schedule allows.
    Usually a great show, not RMAF or Munich, but it's in Montreal, a fantastic city.

MrAcoustat will be there again this year for all the weekend just like the last 26 years, i will be hard to miss with my special Acoustat t-shirts again this year.

Salon Son & Image

PS: Please take note that the exhibitors & brands are in the visitors column.
    André - - - Keep it simple system
    Amp = Chord CPM-2600
    Source = Chord One
    Speakers = Acoustat 1+1s highly modified
    Life without Acoustat is possible BUT senseless.

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Andre, are you going to buy something new?

And say Hi to everyone from me, would you please.
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

Haven't been before - I think I am going to go - Looks like a great show.

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Bring your avatar with you.
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    Bring your avatar with you.
    If only that were possible - don't think I'd leave the hotel room mind you ! On a side note I booked a room, flight and a car today so I am now officially going

Quote Originally Posted by JBLfan View Post
    If only that were possible - don't think I'd leave the hotel room mind you ! On a side note I booked a room, flight and a car today so I am now officially going
    Almost had you mixed up with Bill from Owen Sound Ontario also known as JBLman on Canuck Audio Mart are you the same guy ?????

Oops just noticed JBLfan not JBLman.
    Amp = Chord CPM-2600
    Source = Chord One

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    Andre, are you going to buy something new?

And say Hi to everyone from me, would you please.
    Hi Bob, i'm looking for a big Jeff Rowland amplifier( no class D ) stuff for me thank you, will try to work something out with my friend Angie from American Sound Of Canada, will let you know if things work out.
    Amp = Chord CPM-2600
    Source = Chord One

Cool, which JR amp are you looking for? I am enjoying my model 5 amp and consummate preamp/phono.
    Main 2ch/HT:Acoustat 2+2,Axiom EP500,Ray Lumley M-100, Bedini BA-803,Threshold T3,JRDG Consumate Phono, Lenco L75, ZYX Universe cart,Oppo BDP 95(transport), Calyx Femto DAC,Bryston BDP-2,Pioneer F-91 tuner,Studer A807 r2r,Consonance d-Linear15 power filter, DVDO Matrix 4x4,Mitsubishi HC-5 projector, Audience Au24e and LectraLine Xe cables,Cullen Power Distribution Box with upgraded cable
    Bedroom 2ch/HT:Tetra 406, Forte model2pre,Forte model3amp,TeacUD503,Faroudja DV1000,PioneerCLD-97 ld player,Thorens TD-146,PioneerTX-9800,Mitsubishi HC5 projector,Tetra Artet cables

montreal audio show

Montreal show 2015 is about a month away.
    Anyone heading there this year? I had a quick look at the brands / exhibitor list a few days ago and was underwhelmed. Maybe too early to get a true read on who is actually showing. Seems a bit odd that coup de foudre and filtronique are not listed considering they normally have big setups in multiple rooms.

I went the year before last and was very underwhelmed, so I don't plan to go this year. But I'm fairly close so I may change my mind.
    Jon

montreal audio show

I was told Filtronique would not participate directly at the show but would have a shuttle to their store instead. I will probably pass by on Friday afternoon to do my rounds and some record shopping. Have to admit it has become a second rate show in recent years, I suspect that the advent of TAVES didn't help.
    Dan

Haven't been in a couple years but it wouldn't surprise me that Taves is the big show now.

I'll be there but just as a visitor.

Acoustical Systems, AMG, Aqua Acoustic Quality, Audeze, Audio Desk, Audible illusions, Audioquest, Aurender, Bryston, CH Precision, Chord Electronics, Constellation Audio, Dynaudiol, Fyne Audio, Grado labs, Ikeda, JL Audio, Kondo, Kronos, Kubala Sosna, Lumin, Luxman, Lyra, Magico, Nordost, PS Audio, Roon, Shunyata, SME, Sugden, Tenor, Tannoy, Vertere, VPI and ZYX.

www.audiobymarkjones.ca

No Montreal audio show this year.

See message from Chester Group below.

Chester Group to defer it’s Salon Son & Image / Montreal Audio Show

It is with considerable sadness that we have to inform you that it has been decided to defer this year’s Salon Son & Image Show/Montreal Audio Show due to take place at the Bonaventure Hotel on the 18 – 20 March 2016.

The deciding factor has been market support, with a substantial drop in companies wanting to support this long established event.

All shows of this type rely 100% on commercial support from Exhibitors, and as much as we would enjoy doing so, we cannot force companies to support a show, they have to make their own commercial decisions.

We do understand that this will come as a considerable disappointment and we know that the previous organisers also did all they could to keep the show going, but the decline in Exhibitor support had been gradual but erosive.

Our overriding concern will always be to ensure great value for money for our Exhibitors and just as importantly our show visitors, and morally we simply could not continue.

However, and to clarify, this show is not being cancelled, and will now benefit from a complete overhaul to reflect market changes.

Dates, Venue, Location, Content etc. are all being worked on right now, and no time will be lost to ensure the shows continuation and revitalisation.

We will deal with all current ticket holders this week to arrange refunds, please allow a few days for us to implement this.

The Organisers

Chester GRP Exhibitions ( Canada ) Ltd

Salon Son & Image / Montreal Audio Show is owned and organised by Chester GRP Exhibitions (CANADA) Ltd. montreal audio show All rights reserved.
    Olympus House, High Street, Tattenhall, Cheshire CH3 9PX, United Kingdom
    +44 (0) 01244 559033
    www.chestergroup.org

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was about to post the above when I saw tunes beat me to it. Interesting and potentially telling about a slowing macro backdrop in North America (certainly Canadian economy has taken a huge hit given the roll back in commodities over the last 12 months and the drop in purchasing power of the Canadian consumer given the drop in Candian $). But still will be interesting to see if they resurrect it (as they mention in note above) at a later date in 2016.
    Cyril
    Speakers/Amp/Preamp: Thiel CS2.4 / ARC Ref 110 / ARC Ref 3
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

The sky is falling.
    Speakers: Magico M-Project w/MPods
    Amps: CAT Legend -> CAT JL7s
    Analog: Kronos Pro Limited Edition / Black Beauty tonearm / Zyx Universe Premium, Ortofon A95
    Digital: Roon->Vivaldi DAC/Upsampler
    Cables/Power: Kubala Sosna Elation ICs & SCs / Shunyata Denali 6000T & PC's / Furutech outlets

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Montreal, March 9th 2016

Yesterday, it was announced by the new organizers, Chester Group, that they were giving up on the 29th edition of the Montreal Audio Show. This created a real tsunami amongst the industry.

We dedicated 10 years of our career to making this show a reference in the industry. We just could not accept that this magical event would disappear. Without a minute of hesitation, the former owners of the show, along with a group of industry members, have decided to form a new non-profit organization and maintain the show to be run next week, from the 18th to the 20th of March. After this edition of the show, a board of directors will be elected in order to plan the future of this iconic event.

Exceptionally this year, the admission for the public will be FREE as there will be a limited amount of exhibitors, but the quality of the presentation will be the same as usual. The rate for the exhibitors has been drastically reduced, to make sure we attract as many as possible.

So, we invite everyone to come and join us to celebrate this new Montreal Audio Fest.

Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Dagostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Horizon + Lampi DSD Komputer

24 hours after the sad announcement, the new organisers of the new Montreal Audio Fest already have more exhibitors signed than the previous administration.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Dagostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Horizon + Lampi DSD Komputer

Wow. Ok. So it was cancelled, then transferred to the last guys previously running it (good thing), then it's back on, it's free and there are more exhibitors signed up. Maybe it will survive after all

I hope the show is a success. I am nowhere close geographically but I know how much fun shows can be and how much exhibitors and attendees must have been disappointed when the show was initially cancelled. I'm already psyched for Newport Beach and it isn't until June.

Only in Montreal you see stuff like this! Love it

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
    Dan

Taves might have something to do with this. I would be one of the ones who would make the 5 hour pleasant drive. Now that Taves is here there is no need to attend both shows. Even when the Montreal show was going strong I always wondered why there wasn't a Toronto show. Toronto is where the money is.

Kronos sparta, Nagra classic times two, joseph audio pearl 3,
    Sounding superb!

Quote Originally Posted by tunes View Post
    Kronos sparta, Nagra classic times two, joseph audio pearl 3,
    Sounding superb!

Many people today? it was dead yesterday evening unfortunately.
    Dan

Yes, packed. Hard to get in to many rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by tunes View Post
    Yes, packed. Hard to get in to many rooms.

Happy to hear, with all the work the organisers and exhibitors did in a short period of time it would have a pity for it to be nothing but successful. Yesterday I had rooms to myself on average.
    Dan

Montreal Audio show is free again this year. Many exhibitors have returned after abandoning the show when chester group ran it in 2015. The 2017 show is one month away.
    http://en.montrealaudiofest.org

Great to see such a revival of the Montreal Audio Fest after it nearly fizzled out last year! Looks to be a super show this coming weekend.

Although I have visited the show many times, This year will "mark" my first year as an exhibitor.

Hoping our room will have OK acoustics, we will be in the Saint Lambert room showing:

Kronos/Lyra
    Aurender
    CH Precision
    Focal Sopra 3's
    Nordost
    Shunyata
    Massif Audio Design

Hope to see some Sharks this week.

Acoustical Systems, AMG, Aqua Acoustic Quality, Audeze, Audio Desk, Audible illusions, Audioquest, Aurender, Bryston, CH Precision, Chord Electronics, Constellation Audio, Dynaudiol, Fyne Audio, Grado labs, Ikeda, JL Audio, Kondo, Kronos, Kubala Sosna, Lumin, Luxman, Lyra, Magico, Nordost, PS Audio, Roon, Shunyata, SME, Sugden, Tenor, Tannoy, Vertere, VPI and ZYX.

www.audiobymarkjones.ca

Audioshark

Good luck Mark! Hope you have an excellent show.

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Rafe's coverage begins
    https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2017/...-2017-arrival/

Audioshark

http://www.soundstageglobal.com/inde...-car-white-car

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

I also spent quite a bit of time in Mark's room and listened to Dolby's "I Scare Myself" which was fantastic. The system excelled on track after track. I'm not familiar with Focal's line but am a CH user and have heard the Kronos numerous times. Great system assembled by Mark and supported by Raphael of CH. The rack by Massiv was also gorgeous!
    The Wynn room had some very unappealing soft music playing the first time i went in but I went back later on Friday and they had a request to put on some Ray Montfort via the Goldmund CD transport. That sounded fantastic!
    The third room that i returned to several times was Jeff Joseph's that had a tape deck playing Analogue Productions' new Hugh Masekela "Hope" audiophile favourite. I've heard this a gazillion times before and it's great on 45rpm vinyl but this tape was outstanding. The VPI team had some excellent LPs on the Titan but it paled in comparison to the old stock R2R deck. A fun show. Congrats Mark!

PTAudiophile summary of Mark's room with the incredible Kronos Pro with new power supply, and CH electronics.
    https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2017/...aphael-pasche/

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

montreal audio show