My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats) - Page 22
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22
Results 211 to 218 of 218
  1. #211
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3,286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mas View Post

    There is a new Mehldau trio album!
    I like it and can recommend it, do have the vinyl.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

    Big rig: AMG V12 with Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC/ Stillpoints LPI/ Grandinote Celio/ Aurender N100H with Curious USB/ Synology NAS with Roon with AQ Vodka RJ45/ Brinkmann Nyquist/ Ayre KX-5 Twenty/ Pass Labs X250.8/ WyWires Platinum IC + speaker + power cables/ Magico S3 mk2/ REL S5 SHO/ REL Blue/ Shunyata Triton+AlphaHC+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

    Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster PSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 3PSR2/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

    HP rig: MacBookAir/ Audirvana/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ HD Plex linear PSU/ Charleston Cable Company Cardas Custom/ Sennheiser HD800/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ AudioTekne Blue.

  2. #212
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    285
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    +1

  3. #213
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    285
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)


    Just rediscovered this great but almost forgotten Bill Evans masterpiece.
    Great placement and fabulously well recorded drums.

  4. #214
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Basel, Switzerland
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Jimmy Cobb's 'Jazz in the Key of Blue' is not only a fantastic hard bop record with a great crew, but the recording is just about superb.



    Recorded in 1975, but nonetheless, a very, very good recording is Bobby Hutcherson's 'Montara'. Fusion and Latin Jazz all over, but do listen to the re-make of Santana's 'Oye Como Va', almost too hot for a summer day. Great groovy feel-good jazz!!!

    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. Likes asindc liked this post
  6. #215
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    This is a great source for me to search Tidal for. I got a hit on the first one I tried, Waltz for Debby.
    Bud

    Aavik U-300 Amp/DAC, Aurender N10 streamer, RaidHo XT-2 speakers, Naim Super Lumina speaker cables, Ansuz Mainz DTC power distributor, Ansuz Mainz DTC and C2 power cables, Ansuz DarkZ DTC resonance control feet, Ansuz DigitalZ DTC coax and USB cables, Ansuz DTC power box, Sennheiser HD-800S headphones, Audeze LCD 4 headphones, Chord DAVE DAC/headphone amp, Chord Blu MK ll Upscalling CD transport, Dual Ansuz DTC Digital Cables between Dave/Blu2 pair., Nordost Heimdall headphone cables, Nordost Heimdall Ethernet cables

  7. #216
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mas View Post
    +2
    ''This Bird has flown'' is a beauty. The 2 guitar players are fantastic and what a gorgeous bass sound.
    And it is amazing how well the video they uploaded to youtube sounds. One should think that this kind of hi-res files with very little or no compression would not translate so well to the limited sonic requirements of youtube. It is no comparison to the real thing but still.
    Have they made a special mastering for youtube?
    Quote Originally Posted by A.S. View Post
    I doubt it. Youtube probably is automatically downsizing.
    I think you are right. And when the source is sounding so good, the quality does shine through even with a simple MP3.

  8. #217
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    537
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Quote Originally Posted by TrisHCl View Post
    Jimmy Cobb's 'Jazz in the Key of Blue' is not only a fantastic hard bop record with a great crew, but the recording is just about superb.



    Recorded in 1975, but nonetheless, a very, very good recording is Bobby Hutcherson's 'Montara'. Fusion and Latin Jazz all over, but do listen to the re-make of Santana's 'Oye Como Va', almost too hot for a summer day. Great groovy feel-good jazz!!!

    Agreed on both counts!
    Anthony
    Analog: VPI CLASSIC 3/Ortofon A95> Nordost Valhalla XLR> ASR Basis Exclusive> Wireworld Gold XLR--->

    Digital: AURENDER N10> Nordost Valhalla AES/EBU> CARY 306 SACD PRO>> WW Plat XLR--->

    ===> Cary SLP-05>> WW Gold XLR> Bryston 28B-SST2>> WW Silver> MARTIN LOGAN SPIRES

    [Klaudio/Shunyata/Furutech/Blue Circle/SRA/Adona/ Stillpoints/Track Audio/GIK Acoustics]

  9. #218
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    285
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mas View Post
    +2
    ''This Bird has flown'' is a beauty. The 2 guitar players are fantastic and what a gorgeous bass sound.
    And it is amazing how well the video they uploaded to youtube sounds. One should think that this kind of hi-res files with very little or no compression would not translate so well to the limited sonic requirements of youtube. It is no comparison to the real thing but still.
    Have they made a special mastering for youtube?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hounddog View Post
    Love it. Sonically stunning.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mas View Post
    I think you are right. And when the source is sounding so good, the quality does shine through even with a simple MP3.
    I find a lot of the albums that end up buying on you tube.
    The Chesky label,http://www.chesky.com/ I first encountered there as well as several smaller labels such as Sound Liaison, https://www.soundliaison.com/.
    I believe you can judge the quality of a recording even when it has been downsized to mp3.

 

 
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22