Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Lightbulb The Future Is Now: 4K Content in 2014

The Future Is Now: All the Ways You'll See 4K Content in 2014

By the way, LG has the World's Largest 4K Ultra HD Curved OLED TV - 77" (CES 2014).

_________

-> Comes with one the girls at right (pick only one: brunette* or blonde). ...Price is of no concern.

* I've already picked the brunette, so the blonde is still avail.
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

Re: The Future Is Now: 4K Content in 2014

looks killer
    I knew that would happen.Now we just need the prices to come down.
    Barry

Killer? Sublime is more like it! ...Can you imagine having that in your own living room! ...Not the TV, the girl (the brunette one)!

The price? I don't know; give it a year or so and perhaps five grands? ...Not the girl, the TV!
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

I'm making plans for one these in the new home theater.OLED+4K that will be SOTA.

I will stick with my 73" TV until HD comes way down like 2 years from now.
    George
    -----------------------

Aurender ACS10 Music Server > Holo Audio May KTE R2R Ladder DAC > Pass Labs XP-30 Preamp > Pass Labs XA160.5 Class A Mono Blocks > Martin Logan Renaissance ELS 15A Speakers

Powered By 2X BPT 3.5 Signature Plus Ultra Isolators | Shunyata Research Hydra Triton + Typhon | Shunyata Hydra 2 Power Conditioner

I agree the price will have to come down. I may be willing to jump in 12 months. By then any reliability issues will have surfaced.
    Barry

Yes, 12 to 18 months is a good waiting period from right now.

Additional info: http://www.trustedreviews.com/lg-77ec9800_TV_review

________

~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Listening Room: McIntosh C46, MEN220, MCD500, MR78-Modafferi modified, MPI4, MC602 (2), Pass Labs XVR1 (three-way), tri-amplified Infinity IRS Series V, TailTwister T2X rotator, AtlasSound FMA Rack, dedicated electrical sub-panel, NO TV!

Living Room: McIntosh C28, MC2300, Revox B226, Tascam CD355, Thorens TD125 MKII w/vacuum platter, Rabco SL-8E, Grace F9-E, McIntosh ML-2C (2) & ML-1C (4) stacked, MQ-107, SAE 2800, Nakamichi Dragon, Tandberg 64X, JL Audio f113 (2), NO TV!

Is that an LCD LED (or plasma) Gary? ...And are you buying one?

______

Btw, Samsung has also a 105" Curved 4K HDTV (I don't know the price), and here's what Michael Bay has to say about it:

______

~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    Is that an LCD LED (or plasma) Gary? ...And are you buying one?

. . . .
    If I had $150K to spend, I would get a Christie 4K projector ($120K), a 200 inch Stewart screen ($25K) and have $5K left over for a few movies.

In view of the fact that I don't watch much TV and don't have the attention span or patience to sit through a movie at home (in a movie theater I'm a captive audience) I won't be purchasing either.

I actually have a 160 inch diagonal retractable screen behind the IRS that I used to use for 35mm slide shows but that hasn't been used in over 20 years.
    Listening Room: McIntosh C46, MEN220, MCD500, MR78-Modafferi modified, MPI4, MC602 (2), Pass Labs XVR1 (three-way), tri-amplified Infinity IRS Series V, TailTwister T2X rotator, AtlasSound FMA Rack, dedicated electrical sub-panel, NO TV!

Living Room: McIntosh C28, MC2300, Revox B226, Tascam CD355, Thorens TD125 MKII w/vacuum platter, Rabco SL-8E, Grace F9-E, McIntosh ML-2C (2) & ML-1C (4) stacked, MQ-107, SAE 2800, Nakamichi Dragon, Tandberg 64X, JL Audio f113 (2), NO TV!

Where is all the content? I've got one darn 4k video downloaded onto my Samsung and that's pretty much all the 4K content I've used on my set for the past 3 months. Do admit the standard HD is slightly better than my previous Samsung.
    Raidho D2
    (2) REL 528s
    Devialet 400
    PS Audio P3 Powerplant
    PS Audio Powerbase
    2009 Mac Mini headless with custom power supply
    QNAP NAS

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy916 View Post
    Where is all the content? I've got one darn 4k video downloaded onto my Samsung and that's pretty much all the 4K content I've used on my set for the past 3 months. Do admit the standard HD is slightly better than my previous Samsung.
    The recent AVShowrooms reviews on YouTube are shot in 4k. Just need to adjust your settings I'm told.
    Myles B. Astor, Senior Editor, PF, www.positive-feedback.com
    Zellaton Plural Evo speakers, Doshi Audio EVO phonostage, VPI Avenger direct-drive turntable/VPI 12-inch gimbal Fatboy/vdH Colibri Master Signature/Triangle Art Apollo cartridges, SAT LM-12 tonearms/Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, VPI 12-inch gimballed Carbon Fiber arm/vdh Black Crimson and Sumiko Songbird, Mutech Hayabusa cartridges
    Technics RS1506 reel-to-reel with low inductance Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi Audio EVO tapestage, AudioQuest Dragon Zero, Audience FrontRow, Ensemble PC, Skogrand, Kubala-Sosna Realization speaker cable, Ikigai Kangai speaker cable, SRA Craz 3/OHIO 2.3 platforms and Symposium ISIS/Ultra rack/platforms, Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC.

Content is coming. It's going to take a bit of time. I'm figuring by Sept of 15 things should be taking hold.

i don't know about this Super Bowl but next one is shown in 4K.

OT...so where does NorthStar hang now ? He must be running out of audio forums ?
    Source: TechDAS AF1, CA Master Innovation, UHA Phase 12-OPS-Vari-EQ RTR, PS Audio PW Mk 2 Dac & Trans Carts: Koetsu Coralstone & Tiger Eye, Dynavector XV-1t, Lyra Olympos Mono Amps: Allnic H5000 DHT phono, Pass XS pre, Pass XS-150 dual chassis mono's Speakers: Wilson Alexandria X-2.2 Cables: Nordost Odin PC, IC, Speaker Signal Grounding: Entreq Silver Tellus (2) and Atlantis Ground wires Isolation: Stillpoints Ultra series, Table Stable TS-140

And I think it's gonna be a long long time
    Till touch down brings me round again to find

Myles B. Astor, Senior Editor, PF, www.positive-feedback.com
    Zellaton Plural Evo speakers, Doshi Audio EVO phonostage, VPI Avenger direct-drive turntable/VPI 12-inch gimbal Fatboy/vdH Colibri Master Signature/Triangle Art Apollo cartridges, SAT LM-12 tonearms/Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, VPI 12-inch gimballed Carbon Fiber arm/vdh Black Crimson and Sumiko Songbird, Mutech Hayabusa cartridges
    Technics RS1506 reel-to-reel with low inductance Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi Audio EVO tapestage, AudioQuest Dragon Zero, Audience FrontRow, Ensemble PC, Skogrand, Kubala-Sosna Realization speaker cable, Ikigai Kangai speaker cable, SRA Craz 3/OHIO 2.3 platforms and Symposium ISIS/Ultra rack/platforms, Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC.

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)

Foggy, what Samsung TV did you get, I am looking at a 75 inch for our new house.

And are you happy with it ?
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs XP32......incoming
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

Purchased my 65 inch from Costco (model UN65HU8500 which I think was model specific for Costco). It's amazing. The normal HD content has improved over my previous 55 inch Samsung which was a similar model from a few years ago. Downloaded some 4K content onto a thumb drive and have it plugged into the back of the TV to demonstrate when friends come over....everyone has the same reaction of disbelief at how incredible the image is. The resolution and color is truly shocking.
    Raidho D2
    (2) REL 528s
    Devialet 400
    PS Audio P3 Powerplant
    PS Audio Powerbase
    2009 Mac Mini headless with custom power supply
    QNAP NAS

And when will the 4K become the norm if ever?
    George
    -----------------------

Aurender ACS10 Music Server > Holo Audio May KTE R2R Ladder DAC > Pass Labs XP-30 Preamp > Pass Labs XA160.5 Class A Mono Blocks > Martin Logan Renaissance ELS 15A Speakers