Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Open Baffle Speakers

Recently heard Nola(ugly to my eye) and at CES hope to hear Zellaton(stunning to my eye). Nola's with eyes closed presented a very wide and deep soundstage and according to my buddy were incredible simple to dial in and setup properly. Other than low efficiency, would love to hear any positive or negative views on this type of speaker design.

Nick
    Nick

Main system :TAD CR1 speakers, Viola Labs Symphony amp,Pass XP-20 preamp., MSB Discrete DAC with twin power supplies and V2 Renderer module, Gigafoil V4 inline ethernet filter with uptone LPS-1 power supply with Ghent audio Gotham 2.1mm to 2.5mm cable and AG diamond ethernet cable, Sonicorbitor Roon Audiophile 6 TB network server-player , MG Audio Design Planus III jumpers & speaker cables, Zitron Cobra power cords, Shunyata Hydra AV, and acoustic zen absolute copper IC,. Room treatment ASC tower traps, Vicoustic absorber premium cinema wall and ceiling panels, and MSR acoustic trifusser side wall panel

Re: Open Baffle Speakers

They are open baffle ? Crap..I thought that was a beer holder...no wonder I heard a rattle...Just kidding

Was it these ?
    Nola by Accent Speaker Technology, Ltd.
    MAIN RIG: Equipment: Marantz SR4023 as Pre / Velleman K4040 Tube Power Amp / Yamaha M65 Power Amp / Polk Monitor 70's with Polk Sub / ClearAudio Concept table with Musical Surroundings Phonomena II Phono Stage and ClearAudio Concept MC cart /Pioneer PL500 TT with AT440MLa

Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Nola Metro Grand
    Nick
    Nick

Main system :TAD CR1 speakers, Viola Labs Symphony amp,Pass XP-20 preamp., MSB Discrete DAC with twin power supplies and V2 Renderer module, Gigafoil V4 inline ethernet filter with uptone LPS-1 power supply with Ghent audio Gotham 2.1mm to 2.5mm cable and AG diamond ethernet cable, Sonicorbitor Roon Audiophile 6 TB network server-player , MG Audio Design Planus III jumpers & speaker cables, Zitron Cobra power cords, Shunyata Hydra AV, and acoustic zen absolute copper IC,. Room treatment ASC tower traps, Vicoustic absorber premium cinema wall and ceiling panels, and MSR acoustic trifusser side wall panel

Super Moderator

Nick,

I had Alon Lotus Signatures for 9 years and Nola Micro Grand Reference speakers for almost 2 years. Just an amazing and musical speaker. I really miss the Alon/Nola sound. The Nolas were amazing with my Burmester 911mk3 and just about any tube amp. Those were the times that I'd play music and just enjoy everything. Probably the most satisfying speakers that I have ever heard. Jay on the forum here has my Nolas and loves them. Very easy to set up. The new models have upgraded drivers. They need to be about 3' from the front wall but that's it. Give them some room to breath and they reward in spades. Anti-TADs.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

I've heard very easy to setup and live with. How was bass and soundstage width?

Thnx Nick
    Nick

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by veindoc View Post
    I've heard very easy to setup and live with. How was bass and soundstage width?

Thnx Nick
    Bass was very surprising considering the 4" drivers but they are long-throw which helps. Not the tightest bass but I never felt that I needed more. I briefly tried my F113 subs and while it helped, they took up a lot of room. I am not as picky as some. Give me great treble and mid range and I am happy. Very wide, deep and tall sound stage. Very electrostatic-like quality. I love that. Oh boy, I am talking myself into another pair.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Both brands wil b at CES. I will give them a comprehensive evaluation

Nick
    Nick

Super Moderator

Both brands will b at CES. I will give them a comprehensive evaluation

Nick
    I would love your opinion. Carl makes superbly musical speakers.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Joe...which begs the question if you loved them so, why don't you revisit your old flames? Is it the visual aesthetic that you did not like?
    Cyril
    Speakers/Amp/Preamp: Thiel CS2.4 / ARC Ref 110 / ARC Ref 3
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
    Joe...which begs the question if you loved them so, why don't you revisit your old flames? Is it the visual aesthetic that you did not like?
    I love the way they look. I've considered it many times. One set of speakers that I need to get out of my system (and believe they will be destination speakers) are the SF Strads. Those are truly speakers that push all the right buttons. I think spring of 2014 will be the season of my content.

NAD C 658 streamer.

BTW I heard the series 1 not 2 which I hear is far superior of the Metro grand.

Nick
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    I love the way they look. I've considered it many times. One set of speakers that I need to get out of my system (and believe they will be destination speakers) are the SF Strads. Those are truly speakers that push all the right buttons. I think spring of 2014 will be the season of my content.
    Makes sense.
    Cyril
    Speakers/Amp/Preamp: Thiel CS2.4 / ARC Ref 110 / ARC Ref 3
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

Joe

Considering what you just described as your preferences in a speakers performance, I would suggest that you contact John Rutan at Audio Connection and have him set up a demo of some of the Vandersteens, especially the Treos that JA just raved about. I know you heard the 5A Carbon at a group demo and weren't impressed, but I don't think that was anymore of an appropriate demo than a Show setup in an empty motel room. If John thinks you are serious and you tell him what you are looking for he will help you get there. The Treo's are my next upgrade in the second quarter of next year. I already have a pair of the Vandersteen subs so an upgrade of the main speaker is all I need.

Super Moderator

Two speakers that gave me goose bumps were the Alon Circe (loved them) and SF Strads (still love them).

Jack,

When I get closer to a purchase, I will seek out another demo of the Vandersteens. I know several friends who love the Vandersteens.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Joe

Considering what you just described as your preferences in a speakers performance, I would suggest that you contact John Rutan at Audio Connection and have him set up a demo of some of the Vandersteens, especially the Treos that JA just raved about. I know you heard the 5A Carbon at a group demo and weren't impressed, but I don't think that was anymore of an appropriate demo than a Show setup in an empty motel room. If John thinks you are serious and you tell him what you are looking for he will help you get there. The Treo's are my next upgrade in the second quarter of next year. I already have a pair of the Vandersteen subs so an upgrade of the main speaker is all I need.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Joe

I have been through a lot of speakers in my time, though not in the price range on this forum, and the only ones that gave me goose bumps were all 1st order crossover designs. The Snell Type AII's that my son has then the Vandersteens and the Reynauds. Before you venture off into the world any further of "reviewers" favorites I would only suggest that you contact John and Bob Neill and hear what the Vandersteen's and Reynaud's have to offer in a better than public demonstration setting. Both brands are more about the "soul of the music" than what sparks a reviewer's interest, though a Vandersteen speaker has been in the Stereophile Class B ratings for over 20 years. I have followed the reviewer favorite for years and always been disappointed so now I just follow my ears. I also understand that other peoples favorites may not be mine.

I heard the Vandersteen Treo when they first came out and thought they sounded great. I really like my 2CeSig; I just wish they weren't so plain looking.

Matt

They may be plain, but they are what they are. Over 35 years of constant innovation and upgrade. I have had mine for six years and the Treo or the Reynaud Offrande Signatures are the only upgrade I see in my future. With the pair of Vandersteen subs there is no part of the frequency range I am missing.

Hi folks. I've listened to the Nola's but just hear sound - they simply don't affect me. That's not to say somebody else won't love them though. I opted for Zellaton Emotion's which are semi open baffle but will consider Grand's if I move into a bigger room. This is the first speaker I've had in 25 years (after my Goldmund Prologues) that make music. Does anybody remember those Goldmund speakers? They actually used the Zellaton driver but not in an open baffle. I listened to nearly 15 speakers before going for the Zellaton's. The 20 year old Symphonic Line speakers also used Zellaton drivers but good luck finding those speakers.

Super Moderator

Welcome Elegy!

Thank you for joining.

NAD C 658 streamer.

I'll chime in here as the current owner of Joe's former Nola Micro Grand Reference speakers. I love them! Very natural, easy to drive, beautiful (to me), with a great soundstage. They are the type of speaker that acts as a window to the recording venue as opposed to transporting the artists into your room if that makes sense. They sound phenomenal with live music and I'm always surprised at their ability to fill my 22' x 32' room with sound from a 30 watts of triode tube power. One other benefit is they have a large sweetspot so my wife hears good music next to me or when we're moving around the house. I'm considering a new speaker purchase bc I'm nervous about the exposed drivers / stand mount nature with a baby due in January, but I keep putting off as I don't want to part with them! Two years I've had them and haven't heard anything that makes me want to move on....
    Preamp: Hegel P20
    Amp: Hegel H20
    Analog: Sumiko Pearwood Celebration II > Rega P5 > Heed Quasar
    Digital: 4 TB Vortexbox > Squeezebox Duet > Marantz SA8004
    Speakers: Revel Studio2
    Cables: Shunyata Zitron / Analysis Plus

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Joe

I have been through a lot of speakers in my time, though not in the price range on this forum, and the only ones that gave me goose bumps were all 1st order crossover designs. The Snell Type AII's that my son has then the Vandersteens and the Reynauds. Before you venture off into the world any further of "reviewers" favorites I would only suggest that you contact John and Bob Neill and hear what the Vandersteen's and Reynaud's have to offer in a better than public demonstration setting. Both brands are more about the "soul of the music" than what sparks a reviewer's interest, though a Vandersteen speaker has been in the Stereophile Class B ratings for over 20 years. I have followed the reviewer favorite for years and always been disappointed so now I just follow my ears. I also understand that other peoples favorites may not be mine.
    I agree about the 1st order crossover designed speakers. The SF Strads are 1st order crossover designed speakers.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I'll chime in here as the current owner of Joe's former Nola Micro Grand Reference speakers. I love them! Very natural, easy to drive, beautiful (to me), with a great soundstage. They are the type of speaker that acts as a window to the recording venue as opposed to transporting the artists into your room if that makes sense. They sound phenomenal with live music and I'm always surprised at their ability to fill my 22' x 32' room with sound from a 30 watts of triode tube power. One other benefit is they have a large sweetspot so my wife hears good music next to me or when we're moving around the house. I'm considering a new speaker purchase bc I'm nervous about the exposed drivers / stand mount nature with a baby due in January, but I keep putting off as I don't want to part with them! Two years I've had them and haven't heard anything that makes me want to move on....
    I am still happy to read that Jay.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Audioshark

I tend to agree with Jay. I heard them and they were VERY nice, but I don't think I could fall in love with them. But I can see how many would.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Thanks Joe - glad to be here.

Open Baffle Speakers

I will hear the metro gold on Friday and Zellaton at Ces. Nola appears to mix and match ribbon tweeters with albico based mid and woofer drivers. Zellaton has the same membrane layer and design on all the drivers. I wonder which gives more seamless integration of it parts into a uniform sound. Both have an upgrade version with Dueland and mundorf capacitors. My main concern is will I b eliminating side wall refraction and creating rear wall issues. I can only have rear of speaker two ft from wall. Carl M of Nola said lose my bass traps which currently reside behind my CR-1. Would love anyone's views on what is adequate rear wall distance for this type of open baffle design.

Nick
    Nick

Nick - you nailed it regarding the Zellaton drivers. Even the tweeters are the same. It's ultimate old school German fanatical attention to detail. The sound is so pure that everything else really sounds broken. One caveat though as they need really good quality amps like Gryphon, CH Precision etc.

Open Baffle Speakers

I think my Viola Symphony has enough speed, resolution and current. Just hope rear wall proximity doesnot mess things up. I hear Nola metro Friday and Zellaton jan 7. Curious which will sound more cohesive.
    Nick
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by elegy View Post
    Nick - you nailed it regarding the Zellaton drivers. Even the tweeters are the same. It's ultimate old school German fanatical attention to detail. The sound is so pure that everything else really sounds broken. One caveat though as they need really good quality amps like Gryphon, CH Precision etc.
    Very curious...I have heard great things about Zellaton, but not that many people have heard them. I have looked at their website...I understand they are coming out with a new statement speaker. But until then, which of their speakers have you heard? How is the dynamic capability of their largest speaker? One of the things I love about bigger speakers when well setup and well driven is that they give an effortless across the full spectrum at anywhere from volume 1 to volume 55. Thanks for any guidance here.
    Speaker: Wilson Audio XLF + Velodyne DD18+
    Source: Zanden 4-Box Digital
    Amp: Robert Koda K15EX + Gryphon Mephisto Stereo

Cable: TA Opus (Gen5) + Sablon Audio Prince (Orange)
    Power: 7 Dedicated Lines Furutech + Torus AVR 16 + Burmester 948 + NordostQX4
    Isolation: Under: SRA+HRS+Stillpoints+Auralex Top: HRS+Artesania+Entreq+EAT+90kg Mass
    Ground/Shield: Tripoint Troy Sig & Thor + Entreq Atlantis / Receivus +Everest+Wrap
    Room/Tube: Stillpoints Apertures / Amperex + Mullard
    Headphone Setup: Sennheiser 650 + Arcam rHead + Apogee Groove

at the CES, they will have their reference level. My need for a small footprint requires me to look at their emotion, grand and grand purist which eliminates a passive downfiring woofer and adds in some upper level xovers and capacitors from Dueland.If show demo is impressive I will go to NYC to hear these smaller models.

Nick
    Nick

Just finished demoing the Nola Grand Gold in San Fran. Setup was not what I hoped for but very revealing.
    I had asked for 7.5 ft equilateral triangle with front of speakers about 3 ft from rear wall to mimic my environment. Got there and speakers were 6 ft from front edge of speaker to rear wall. Soundstage was more deep than wide and seemed to eminate 2-3 ft behind speakers. Not nearly the resolution of my TADs but nice. When I asked for speakers to b move closer to wall he politely refused and said all soundstage would b lost and said the micro grand would b a better size for my room size. On bass heavy pieces the woofers showed lots of cabinet resonance. Clearly nice speakers just not for my room. Still glad I went and still await CES.

Nick
    Nick

Super Moderator

Thanks for your thoughts Nick. The TADs are HIGHLY resolving. That's for sure.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Just finished demoing the Nola Grand Gold in San Fran. Setup was not what I hoped for but very revealing.
    I had asked for 7.5 ft equilateral triangle with front of speakers about 3 ft from rear wall to mimic my environment. Got there and speakers were 6 ft from front edge of speaker to rear wall. Soundstage was more deep than wide and seemed to eminate 2-3 ft behind speakers. Not nearly the resolution of my TADs but nice. When I asked for speakers to b move closer to wall he politely refused and said all soundstage would b lost and said the micro grand would b a better size for my room size. On bass heavy pieces the woofers showed lots of cabinet resonance. Clearly nice speakers just not for my room. Still glad I went and still await CES.

Nick
    That's really disappointing that they wouldn't demo them as you wish!
    If they wanted to make the point, they could have moved them for you and then moved them back. I find it amazing when dealers get stuck in a rut and forget that customers have ears too.
    Anyway, I heard both Nola and Zellaton at RMAF. Actually, the Nolas were excellent paired with ARC electronics (I've been using ARC ref gear for several years till recently) but the room was very wide/big and totally different from what I have at home. I also find them unappealing aesthetically, though they were very coherent and imaged well during my visit.
    I was in the Audioarts room many times over the weekend, mostly because I had found their room one of my favourites from 2012 with Nagra and Zellaton, and I was interested to learn more about the Trinity gear. This year they were in a smallish room but the Zellatons had no issues and excelled with dynamics and clarity. They were paired up with a whack of gorgeous CH Precision gear beyond my current budget. There was no room treatment at all. Soundstage was super both in width and depth. Speaks were approx 5 feet off the back wall from what I remember. I would love to hear the reference dueland in NYC someday. As a current Nagra user, if I had space and $$, that would be my dream speaker. Have fun at CES. What Zellatons and Nolas will be there?

Open Baffle Speakers

Thnx Tunes
    Only ref. level of both brands. Gideon let me demo Jazz several months ago. Good guy who plays great music. He claims these speakers r easy to set up but rear wall proximity with any port or baffle is typically an issue. I now know Raidho and Nola really get good with rear wall large gap. Side wall more of an issue with my TAD but room treatments have greatly improved this issue. CR-1 has only a front firing port. If Zellatin somewhat damped looking rear baffle has modest rear wall interaction I am happy to go to Manhatten and hear the exact model I am considering. The Nola away from wall had a soundstage that was like 3 ft behind speakers. My room I like width and depth but like to b in the 3d envelope as I do almost(7.5ft) near field listening. The Nola were as if the sweetspot was in a distant location. Not my cup tea primarily for my space and listening likes. Intrigued by both Zelleton and ocean way Montecito. I report after show

Nick
    Nick

You can find the Jamo R909 for very reasonable prices nowadays. In Europe you ca find a new pair for under 4000 Euro and make no mistake: thee are top notch speakers!

Reviews:
    6moons audioreviews: Jamo Reference 909

Jamo R909 review from the experts at whathifi.com

Jamo Reference R 907 (£6600) - Loudspeakers

Jamo Reference R 907 loudspeaker Page 2 | Stereophile.com
    Hans

Bowers & Wilkins 805 D3 /alternatively JM Lab Point Source Aria 5 (self modified)/ 2x SVS 3000 SB, Audionet AMP (2x), dCS Bartók used as streamer / DAC / preamp, Pro-Ject RPM 9 with Speedbox S and Orthofon MC Vivo Blue, KEF LS50 Nocturne / Sunfire Atmos(kitchen). Patio: Bluesound Node 2i and Focal CMS50.
    RoonServer on Nucleus.

I agree with "Tunes". Grand's are incredible speakers and they will never overload a small room. My Emotions are 3 ft from rear wall and 1.5ft from side walls. Zellaton drivers are so fast that room issues are not as prevalent as they are with other speakers. I've heard Ocenway many times and they are simply boomboxes for the Asian market. Just not my cup of tea. Any Oceanway speaker will overload and sound boomy in your room. Another great speaker but sadly not imported into the US is Pawel Acoustics from Switzerland. Also older Symphonic line with Zellaton drivers are amazing. Viola is a good amp with great grip but it won't have the refinement of CH A1. I just got my Jan TAS and looks like reviewer Alan Tafel has replaced his Goldmund gear with CH, which he prefers. But Viola is definately a good starting point. I want to heat the latest Nagra though.

I will hear Oceanway as it is in Viola room at CES. Nagra may have a new more powerful amp debuting at CES.
    I hope Zellaton open baffle design differs from what I heard with Nolas wall interactions.
    Nick
    Nick

Open Baffle Speakers

Nick,
    What nagra amp info do you have re CES?
    I'm using VPAs and really happy. Wonder if nagra will have an updated 845 based amp?

heard a ss higher power amp is in pipeline and may debut at ces or early part of 2014

Nick
    Nick

very nice.

Just sold my GR-Research Super V's which are open baffle. I built them myself then another set for a friend. I sold mine to another friend and have yet another friend who owns them. Why? They sound great! Dipole bass that is so articulate, so fast and room friendly to boot. The waveguide tweeter is good too although not a good as the tweeter on the SCM's I've got passing through. Wow is that a great tweeter, damn.

I've always had an affection for Vandersteen 5's and love the Nola sound too.

Now I'm back in the market for speakers. Danny's Richie's best of show open baffle 2 array monsters?
    Need speakers. Using SCM20 ASL Actives and ATOM Subs - on loan and for sale
    Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core
    BMC S1 amp
    NAD M51 DAC - for sale
    Oppo BDP105
    CAPS server, SoTM card - PS for card, CORE PS for CAPS and iUSB PS for USB cable!
    PPP AC regenerator, dedicated 10awg cryo's lines Oyaide R1 and Teslaplex outlets
    VPI Scoutmaster w/ dynavector XX2 Mk II
    a lot of other crap

Super Moderator

Do you have to build those too or can they be purchased assembled? They look cool.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Those 4 tower arrays don't come as a kit. I believe they cost $120K! I'm going to see if they can't be offered in kit form.
    Need speakers. Using SCM20 ASL Actives and ATOM Subs - on loan and for sale
    Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core
    BMC S1 amp
    NAD M51 DAC - for sale
    Oppo BDP105
    CAPS server, SoTM card - PS for card, CORE PS for CAPS and iUSB PS for USB cable!
    PPP AC regenerator, dedicated 10awg cryo's lines Oyaide R1 and Teslaplex outlets
    VPI Scoutmaster w/ dynavector XX2 Mk II
    a lot of other crap

This last December I dipped my little piggies into open baffle waters. I bought a pair of Hawthorne Audio Trios that had Woodsage baffles. Crossovers are built with Goertz air coils, Clairty capacitors and Mills resistors. Uses the 10" Sterling Silver coax, and a pair of 10" Auggie bass drivers a side.

They are a very interesting speaker, and the open baffle presentation is enchanting. This is a nice resting spot on my speaker journey, adn I can see these being around for awhile.

Now here is an interesting build from Woodsage of the Hawthorne designs, and they got me a wishing....

Regards
    Mister Pig

Audioshark

Mr. Pig - a friend of mine who builds his own open baffle speakers says these are the pinnacle for open baffle speakers. Have you ever heard them?

http://www.serenityacoustics.com/pro...thesuper7.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

I have not, but then again I am only starting down the open baffle road. These speakers seem to be in line with the Linkwitz Orion and the open Supper V that Danny Ritchie at GR Research built in some ways. Throw in that Emerald Physics is one of the more recognizable offerings that employed a wave guide in an open baffle arrangement. Of course the devils is in the details, and glory is attained in the execution of the design. I would love to hear a pair and see what is possible. At the moment my interest in open baffle is concentrated on high efficiency designs as I use low powered amplifiers. The Electra Print 300B Custom is 8 wpc, and the N.E.W. DCA 33 I have is 33 wpc. So I need speakers that can be miserly with their power requirements.

Regards
    Mister Pig

I can't believe you're having a talk about open baffle speakers and haven't mentioned Spatial Audio. Their price/performance ratio is off the charts! Recently upgraded my M3s to M3turboS. Holy hoolpa! These are much better sounding and more dynamic than my large Magnapans, plus work very well (you might say ideally) with low power tube amps! $1595, $2595 turboS. THESE are must hears!

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum 1390west, thank you for joining.

NAD C 658 streamer.

I've stopped by self a couple of times from pushing the buy button on the M3's as more speakers is something I don't need until I can clear out some. Even the "understanding management" is starting to look at all of them in the spare bedroom and scowl. I think they would sound great with the Music Reference RM-10.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Another Polish OB. speakers - Ciarry KG-5040

Marcin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Open Baffle Speakers