Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Products of passion

Apple’s blowing it. *They’ve lost their direction and it shows.

Even as a diehard fan and user the new iPad Air (just announced) is boring. *Slimmer, faster less weight. *Who cares? *It was slim fast and light to begin with. *I am not going to buy a new one because what was already good just got better. *Come on, show me something I haven’t yet imagined. *Tim Cook is no doubt a great manager but he seems to lack passion. *Perhaps he doesn’t know where to find it. *Worse, perhaps he doesn’t even know he needs it.

Products that matter are designed by people with passion; and passion not just for the hardware, but passion about the whole package.

My son Scott has been designing and dreaming up the next great product from PS. *It is going to be a miracle. *Not technologically exciting, no performance barriers blown away, but oh how you will love what you see. *He’s poured his heart into this product. *It exudes everything he’s been dreaming about for years. *Not one person looking at the prototype doesn’t immediately want it.

It’s not even a new category. *But there’s nothing like it in the world. *Nothing has the love, the passion, the life the energy that this product does. *It’s called Sprout. *You will want to own Sprout. *You can’t even see it until next summer. *I won’t tell you what it is.

It doesn’t matter.

What matters is the passion. *The life. *It lives.

Too bad Apple doesn’t get it. *It wouldn’t be hard.

email Products of passion*Forward to a friend and help us engage more readers

Get new and fresh stories like this each morning by joining the folks reading Paul's Posts. Click here

[Source: http://www.pstracks.com/pauls-posts/...passion/12217/]

Audioshark

Re: Products of passion

I totally agree - and I've been a Mac users since the OS/9 days. I bought the iMacs, MacBooks, ipods, iphones, ipads, etc. But you are right, nothing makes me want to rush out and spend $800, when my iPad2 is working fine thank you very much. Ditto for my iphone, ipod and Macbook.

In the PC world, they have the elusion of progress (mine has 8000 ghz, yours is only 7900 ghz). Instead, Apple focused on the product as appliance. Apple made their products act like toasters. They just work. Stop any iphone user and ask them the "specs" of their new iphone and I bet 9/10 will have a glazed look on their face. Not so with the PC crowd. They like to brag that their phone has an "XYZ chip" and "8 zillion gigabits" of memory. I'm not rushing out to get a new toaster, just because the new one has a soft beep to tell me when my toast is done!

Apple has lost its nerve to be daring. When the iPad was announced, many scoffed....wondering who in the world would want a "tablet"....I mean, tablets hadn't sold a lick prior to the iPad. They even called it rude names like "maxipad" and stuff like that. But Steve Jobs made wanting and owning an iPad cool. Many wanted one. I mean, who doesn't want to be cool?

Apple lacks innovative leadership now. Tim is a good executive, but he's not a leader or innovator. He's afraid to fail. The shareholders have almost guaranteed that.

Steve Jobs was fired from the company he started. When he came back, he had nothing to lose. I mean, how much worse could it get?

Apple has time - Steve Jobs bought them that. But that time is running out - fast.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

+1
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

What an interesting way to start the hype about a new product...
    Doug

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

It's not the product, it's the people behind the product.
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

In my opinion both sides stink, PC and MAC these days. I could never afford a MAC and got stuck in PC world. Of course, it's too late now as you can't teach an old dog new tricks and what with the goings-ons and all. It's kind of sad that neither side has amounted to much of anything these days. Although I must say that the MACs had a good run for a time unlike the PC side. Today, they are both being driven into the ground.

Eric, what do you think of Samsung (Android phones, tablets, cameras, etc.)? ...BlackBerry?
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    Eric, what do you think of Samsung (Android phones, tablets, cameras, etc.)? ...BlackBerry?
    I had a Samsung regular cell phone once and it was awful. The only thing that worked right was the display, very weak antenna and battery life. Samsung makes killer TVs though!! I just have a Nexus 7 tablet and I just use that to control my Squeezebox Touch because I can't see my Touch unless I'm 1 foot away from it which is not my listening position unfortunately. I'm not familiar with Samsung tablets (I hear they are good) or cameras. I use a digital SLR because I'm no good with the point and shoots. As for fancy cell phones of any make, I hate them with a purple passion. I don't knock anyone who has them of course. If they work for you and you like them, then have at it. They just don't work for me. Blackberry? Those are the things with the tiny little keys, right? What would I do with one of those?

Yeah, I think the same about the BlackBerries; it is so funny to see the president Obama and all other 'impotant' people who have one moving their thumbs around that miniature keyboard. ...It is so retro and 'dinosaurely' passed!

Samsung cameras aren't it. Samsung plasmas are much better, but still behind Panasonic's black levels. And Panasonic aren't making plasmas no more (Spring 2014). Now they both are making OLED TVs.

Samsung Galaxy "Quests" (Androids) are cool, and competitive with the best that Apple has to offer. ...Even bettering Apple.

I'm not a technical type of guy myself; I don't use my cell phone (LG flipper) ever because now that my Dad has passed away last year (that was the only reason I had one; for emergency), I have no more use for it. ...My Mum is doing fine.

A laptop is good mainly for the beach during summer time, in my hammock, between two trees. ...Lenovo.

A tablet is perfect for the girls on the go, and who like to listen to international music.
    Other things too...

Besides, the less you have, the less the NSA has on you.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Yeah, I think the same about the BlackBerries; it is so funny to see the president Obama and all other 'impotant' people who have one moving their thumbs around that miniature keyboard. ...It is so retro and 'dinosaurely' passed!

Samsung cameras aren't it. Samsung plasmas are much better, but still behind Panasonic's black levels. And Panasonic aren't making plasmas no more (Spring 2014). Now they both are making OLED TVs.

Samsung Galaxy "Quests" (Androids) are cool, and competitive with the best that Apple has to offer. ...Even bettering Apple.

I'm not a technical type of guy myself; I don't use my cell phone (LG flipper) ever because now that my Dad has passed away last year (that was the only reason I had one; for emergency), I have no more use for it. ...My Mum is doing fine.

A laptop is good mainly for the beach during summer time, in my hammock, between two trees. ...Lenovo.

A tablet is perfect for the girls on the go, and who like to listen to international music.
    Other things too...

Besides, the less you have, the less the NSA has on you.
    Don't get me started on the NSA and the rest of it! Anyhoo, Samsung is in the lead with the OLED TV followed closely by LG right now. I'm not a fan off plasmas, I have a Samsung LCD TV. It's good enough for me as I could care less about TV anyway because my eyesight is so poor and I don't watch broadcast TV, including news anyway, so who cares. My TV is basically just a big monitor. That's funny I have an LG flip cell phone that is for emergencies only. My mum lives with me unfortunately because she is aged and had/has Leukemia (in full remission now) and a few other issues, so I have to try to watch her at least. I find a laptop pretty handy myself....custom built (XoticPC). I don't use my tablet for music (unless you count controlling my Squeezebox Touch) or much of anything else. Might play a little video poker on it now and then, but that's about it. I thought I would use it more than I do, but then again, my main driving purpose for it was so the I could see my SB Touch. I like international music..I have a small cabinet full of middle-eastern music, great stuff.

Eric, perhaps you should start a thread about the NSA? ...Technological security across the world.

* Every electronic device we use is a fingerprint in the global collective data.

Do you remember those Samsung laptops used in schools, and easily accessible by third parties spying on students from their internal video cameras?

Even regular PCs and Macs with cameras can be accessed by people with experience to spy on you!
    Some internet bandits are so good that they can get your bank account number(s), passwords, security social numbers, credit cards numbers, all your confidential and essential individual info (who you truly are in this planet), even everything you've done in the past from your PC!
    They can impregnate you with special viruses that are specifically developed to extort money from you!

* Before the age of computers, back before the Vietnam war, we were living in hell (unknown territory), and controlled by the higher forces.
    Since the technological advancements of electronic espionage and personal computers, we are living in a different type of hell; one that is known by all, and where we're back to slavery and lost our freedom!

Eric, start a new thread.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Eric, perhaps you should start a thread about the NSA? ...Technological security across the world.

* Every electronic device we use is a fingerprint in the global collective data.

Do you remember those Samsung laptops used in schools, and easily accessible by third parties spying on students from their internal video cameras?

Even regular PCs and Macs with cameras can be accessed by people with experience to spy on you!
    Some internet bandits are so good that they can get your bank account number(s), passwords, security social numbers, credit cards numbers, all your confidential and essential individual info (who you truly are in this planet), even everything you've done in the past from your PC!
    They can impregnate you with special viruses that are specifically developed to extort money from you!

* Before the age of computers, back before the Vietnam war, we were living in hell (unknown territory), and controlled by the higher forces.
    Since the technological advancements of electronic espionage and personal computers, we are living in a different type of hell; one that is known by all, and where we're back to slavery and lost our freedom!

Eric, start a new thread.
    No, can't do that as it gets into the political realm and such and that is not what Audioshark is about. I hear what you say and have to leave it at that. Just imagine how unsafe cloud computing is!!!!! I saw bad news the minute the cloud was introduced! I'll never use it. Heck, I don't even let Amazon give me stuff on my little allotment of space they give you. I also hate Google now for trying to use my name to endorse products and crap. I think that's only for Google + users though, but I'm not sure. I don't use Google +, facebook, myspace, linkdin, twitter or any other social media crap. I don't even know how to anyway. I tried to use twitter once to communicate with Alyssa Milano as she gave me her account (me and a few hundred other people, don't ask me why she did that, I have no clue, but she gave it directly on day on some video she sent. Always liked her as a person, as she is no dummy), but I could not get it to work for me. She doesn't tweet much anymore these days, she's too busy, but she used to tweet constantly just to chat with fans. I've never met her in person, but those who have tell me she is one of the sweetest people walking the planet, not stuck up in the slightest and very very friendly (and apparently fearless giving her personal twitter account out to total strangers. She's probably changed it by now), but I digress. I certainly don't buy into these cloud backup systems either. I say, get a 1TB HDD or whatever and call it done for you backup.

It's very easy to take the politics out of the spying technologies, but I do understand.

* I don't know who Alyssa Milano is; you have a picture?
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

It's very easy to take the politics out of the spying technologies, but I do understand.

* I don't know who Alyssa Milano is; you have a picture?
    Actress, director, producer. Google her. I know she played in several movies, but I don't know the titles off hand. She has also directed and produced a few TV shows. I know she played one of the magickal ones in the series Charmed (I've watched about 4 or 5 episodes of that one in curiosity). I learn about folks outside the limelight, that's where it counts for me. I'm not a star hunter. (Probably how I've met a fair number of celebs over my time).

~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Hey back to the Sprout .. anyone got their Kickstarter gift yet .. ?!

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Products of passion