Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Unbelievable attention to detail in every way....Centaur Stereo...

Folks,
    Greeting to all!!
    I am a new user. I am also interested in the Gryphon Mephisto, but do not like fat, syrupy over saturated sound.
    Like very high resolution sound & transparent.
    All the reviews are praising the transparency & crystal clarity of the mephisto, but listening to Toga, I fear he may be right :-(
    Anybody who can shed some light in this regard will be my BFF :-)

He chose the Mephisto

Quote Originally Posted by bzr View Post
    He chose the Mephisto
    Golden question is: what was his criteria for choosing the same ? :-)

Yes I chose Mephisto. Purely on its musicality.
    Price was not a concern at that time, because they cost the same.
    toga

Quote Originally Posted by Toga View Post
    Yes I chose Mephisto. Purely on its musicality.
    Price was not a concern at that time, because they cost the same.
    toga
    Nice to hear that. Hope you the very best of music years with it.
    Thanks.

Toga, where are you located? I wish Gryphon had a distributor here in the US. Not sure why they don't. I think their components are beautiful...

Allen

Now you have Centaur Mk II at even more expensive as an option.
    try to find picture of Centaur and Amp 1.0 top opened. That is quite amazing.

I live in Bangkok, Thailand.

toga

Quote Originally Posted by socfan12 View Post
    Toga, where are you located? I wish Gryphon had a distributor here in the US. Not sure why they don't. I think their components are beautiful...

Allen, i have heard the Mephisto & some of their other gear, ....it is good!Probably in my top 3.

Thanks, Toga. Lucky to have access to Gryphon.

Kev, I can imagine. Bet they would be perfect with Magicos like Toga's setup...

Allen

Anybody wishing more feedback on Gryphon feel free to PM me. I'm an owner.....
    Turntables: Acoustic Signature Invictus Jr. NEO, Grand Prix Monaco V3.0
    Tonearms: Acoustic Signature TA-9000 NEO, Kuzma Safir
    Cartridges: Miyabi Fuuga, Ortofon Century, Murashino Sumile Mono
    Phono Amplifiers: CH Precision P1, Channel D Lino 3.3
    Digital: CH Precision C1.2/D1.5/T1, Innuos Statement Nextgen, Luxman D-10X (Loan)
    Amplifiers: CH Precision L10/M10, Parasound JC1+, Gryphon Diablo 333 (Incoming)
    Speakers : Magnepan 30.7x, Wilson Audio XVX Chronosonic/Subsonics
    Cables: CAD Ground Controls/USB, Cardas Beyond Clear, Gobel Lacorde Statement
    Accessories: Artesania Exoteryc Racks & Damping Plates, Seismion Reactio, Degritter RC, RPG Acoustic Treatments/PSI AVAA, Torus Power/Plixir Elite BAC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Unbelievable attention to detail in every way....Centaur Stereo...