Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
    Hi George, I really am quite content with the sound of the loom of Ansuz Diamond that I have now. I'm willing to bet that the sound of the Diamond TC is special. But at some point you have to decide is present contentment enough or do I peek over the fence just one more time

For now I think that I will plough my own furrow.
    I agree - I'm quite happy with the Aavik - D2's - Naim US - and last but not least is the Ansuz Ceramic cables. But I do remember Lars demonstrating the Diamond from Ceramic cables and I was very impressed (I think you do to (hehe)!!
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

I observe ceramic is a sweet spot for ansuz lovers, I'm thinking to upgrade to D, for couple cables especially between wall and mainz8, and pre/source slowly. While experience the incremental.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jesse

Thales Slim II ( EMT 75G) , Audio Technica ART-9
    Lumin X1 - Melco N1A/2
    Accuphase 2420, A48, C37
    Tannoy Kenn. GR

Cables: Ansuz Mainz (Dtc,diamond) PC - Shunyata Alpha Digital PC - Western Electric IC - Western Electric 1960 SC - Audioquest Vodka Ethernet
    Power Cond: Sound Application SA-240TZ

Ralph, any word on the interconnects for the new Diamonds TC?

Do you see yourself getting a loom of the new Diamonds to test drive?

Hello Le Roy, Not sure, Lars is getting back to me.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Milk_vanilla View Post
    I observe ceramic is a sweet spot for ansuz lovers, I'm thinking to upgrade to D, for couple cables especially between wall and mainz8, and pre/source slowly. While experience the incremental.

I agree that the Ceramic is the sweet spot for those who still have control over their emotions. For those who can reason clearly and calculate a clear cost/benefit analysis.

For those of us who have lost that ability I suggest that you not try the Ansuz Diamond cables. Insanely expensive and the new upgrade to Diamond TC makes them veer further off the path of sanity.

My trip down the Diamond "rabbit hole" started with the Diamond power cords and the Ansuz MainzD8 distributor.

This is my problem: once I hear better sound, it is then hard for me to quantify that incrementally better sound. Once I've had it in my system, I want it. Then I throw my brains out the window.
    Le Roy

Austin, Tx : Soulution 520 preamp, 501 mono blocks, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D3.1, Lumin U1, Uptone Audio Modded Mac Mini w/ MMK fanless kit & JS-2 LPS, Regen, Ansuz DTC loom (complete), Oppo 105D, QNAP TS-451+

Chicagoland : Soulution 725 preamp, 711 stereo amp, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D5.1, Naim UnitiServe 2TB, Aurender W-20 Ansuz DTC later generation wire, Teac X1000 R2R, QNAP TS-451+

Foundation:
    Raidho Rack system, Ansuz DTC Mainz8, Ansuz (2) Supreme Mainz D8 Distribution, 20 amp dedicated outlets via subpanel

[...] I agree that the Ceramic is the sweet spot for those who still have control over their emotions. For those who can reason clearly and calculate a clear cost/benefit analysis..

I agree that Ansuz-C is a sweet spot in the range. Ansuz-D is better again, but at a step increment in price.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

I agree that the Ceramic is the sweet spot for those who still have control over their emotions. For those who can reason clearly and calculate a clear cost/benefit analysis.

For those of us who have lost that ability I suggest that you not try the Ansuz Diamond cables. Insanely expensive and the new upgrade to Diamond TC makes them veer further off the path of sanity.

My trip down the Diamond "rabbit hole" started with the Diamond power cords and the Ansuz MainzD8 distributor.

This is my problem: once I hear better sound, it is then hard for me to quantify that incrementally better sound. Once I've had it in my system, I want it. Then I throw my brains out the window.
    Amen brother! The Diamond power cords and MainzD8 distributor are irresistible. Ansuz's best products in my opinion.

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Audioshark

Ansuz Cables & Accessories

My MainzD8 is still going strong. Wouldn't use my system without it. And don't forget about the little Sparkz. Great product.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    My MainzD8 is still going strong. Wouldn't use my system without it. And don't forget about the little Sparkz. Great product.

Yes, the Sparkz are awesome. I still don't grasp how they work but I like what they do....

I plugged 2-3 sparky on my empty mainz8 slot, i feel the ribbon is getting sweeter and musical, darker.

While TC sound more forward and open up across med high tone. However it makes my x1 less coherent between the ribbon and woofer, not sure why. Did not try them in d1.

I stayed with couple of Sparkz in the past few months and can't take them out Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Jesse

Thales Slim II ( EMT 75G) , Audio Technica ART-9
    Lumin X1 - Melco N1A/2
    Accuphase 2420, A48, C37
    Tannoy Kenn. GR

Cables: Ansuz Mainz (Dtc,diamond) PC - Shunyata Alpha Digital PC - Western Electric IC - Western Electric 1960 SC - Audioquest Vodka Ethernet
    Power Cond: Sound Application SA-240TZ

My local dealer Tyler and Lars just left my house. Lars had a surprise!! Diamond TC cords. OMG they are un frickin believable. I thought the difference between the Ceramics and Diamond was quite un-believable but the Diamond TC is unreal. I'm ruined!! It sounded as if it was live in my room. Lars only added the Diamond TC power cord to my Mainz D8 and a std Diamond digital cable (his 4M Diamond TC speaker cables were to short for my system). I never knew the D2's could sound so good. The power cord had much much better lows - mids and the highs were totally unbelievable. Adding the diamond digital cable put the musicians in my room. I thought swapping Ceramics for Diamonds was really good but the Diamond TC is something way beyond that combo.
    Unless you are willing to BUY. Yes they are that good.

Le Roy and Ralph -- don't try the Diamond TC!! You will not want to back to even the Diamonds let alone the Ceramics. I think I have to start me a 'Go Fund me Account'. I'm ruined.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    My local dealer Tyler and Lars just left my house. Lars had a surprise!! Diamond TC cords. OMG they are un frickin believable. I thought the difference between the Ceramics and Diamond was quite un-believable but the Diamond TC is unreal. I'm ruined!! It sounded as if it was live in my room. Lars only added the Diamond TC power cord to my Mainz D8 and a std Diamond digital cable (his 4M Diamond TC speaker cables were to short for my system). I never knew the D2's could sound so good. The power cord had much much better lows - mids and the highs were totally unbelievable. Adding the diamond digital cable put the musicians in my room. I thought swapping Ceramics for Diamonds was really good but the Diamond TC is something way beyond that combo.
    Unless you are willing to BUY. Yes they are that good.

Le Roy and Ralph -- don't try the Diamond TC!! You will not want to back to even the Diamonds let alone the Ceramics. I think I have to start me a 'Go Fund me Account'. I'm ruined.

George - you are killing me.... but please keep going!

Any photos of the new cord? Le Roy was asking about interconnects, did Lars mention anything about them?

Quote Originally Posted by Milk_vanilla View Post
    I plugged 2-3 sparky on my empty mainz8 slot, i feel the ribbon is getting sweeter and musical, darker.

While TC sound more forward and open up across med high tone. However it makes my x1 less coherent between the ribbon and woofer, not sure why. Did not try them in d1.

I stayed with couple of Sparkz in the past few months and can't take them out Ansuz Cables & Accessories

I like the Sparkz TC best when its in the mains socket parallel to the feed to the distributor. I believe local Kaki "Durianlover88" has a similar opinion?

Banned

How much do these magic PCs cost?

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    George - you are killing me.... but please keep going!

Any photos of the new cord? Le Roy was asking about interconnects, did Lars mention anything about them?
    No I didn't think of taking a picture. Besides they are the originals and Lars said they will look a bit different. They do have a box in line kind of like transparent cables.

As far as interconnects Lars said there are no plans (yet) for a TC version. But he did mention the Aavik separates which is class AB is coming along and adds layers of resolution compared to the U300.
    George

A lot
    Quote Originally Posted by jap View Post
    How much do these magic PCs cost?
    ANSUZ ACOUSTICS TO LAUNCH NEW CABLES AT CES 2016

CES 2016, Las Vegas - January 6-9 2016, will see the formal launch [some product may be shown earlier] of the new flagship cable range - Diamond TC.

As the name suggests the new speaker and mains cables will include active TC technology, said to surpass the already lofty achievements of Ansuz Diamond Series [Ansuz - D]

Pricing to be confirmed but as indicated elsewhere [US$]:

Mainz Diamond TC 2.0m $20,000.00 (Mainz Diamond 2.0m is $15,000.00)
    Mainz Diamond TC 3.0m $25,000.00 (Mainz Diamond 3.0m is $20,000.00)

Speakz Diamond TC 3.0m $32,000.00 (Speakz Diamond 3.0m is $21,600.00)
    Speakz Diamond TC 4.0m $40,000.00 (Speakz Diamond 4.0m is $27,200.00)

Darkz TA / Diamond per piece $860.00 (Darkz Diamond per piece $600.00)
    George

Dear George

It was a pleasure to see you last night.
    It is correct that we introduce a new Ansuz range called DTC, which stands for Diamond Tesla Coil technology... but in this cable range it will be active.. where in all our other cables we use passive TC.
    Also it will be a full range where Speaker, Interconnect, Digital , Phono and Power cable will be available..

Kind regards
    Lars

Quote Originally Posted by Raidho View Post
    Dear George

It was a pleasure to see you last night.
    It is correct that we introduce a new Ansuz range called DTC, which stands for Diamond Tesla Coil technology... but in this cable range it will be active.. where in all our other cables we use passive TC.
    Also it will be a full range where Speaker, Interconnect, Digital , Phono and Power cable will be available..

Kind regards
    Lars
    Lars it was truly an honor to have you over in my home last night let alone to be the first in the USA to hear those new cables. Hopefully next year I can, if nothing else pick up a Diamond TC power cord. Between that and the digital cable just blew me away.
    Thanks again
    George
    George

Ansuz power products sound so wonderful they make me weak in the knees. They are IMO Ansuz's best products. The MainzD8 power conditioner and the Diamond power cords are the only items that would make me replace my Audience AR6-TSSOX power conditioner and AU24SE power cables, which incidentally sound great.

Ken
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

[...]

As far as interconnects Lars said there are no plans (yet) for a TC version. But he did mention the Aavik separates which is class AB is coming along and adds layers of resolution compared to the U300.

Hello George, I had a long chat with Lars today and he had lots of nice words for how your system is sounding!

The new cables will likely be called "DTC" which is an acronym for Diamond Tesla Coil. The Tesla coil in this new range is similar to that employed in the Sparkz TC but much stronger. The DTC power cable, speaker cable and interconnect cable will all be active with the IC requiring a power lead from the distribution box to supply its power. Apparently all three cables will be on show at CES in January 2016.

There is also a possibility that Aavik may show their new pre/power separates at the same show.

Ralph after hearing how much my system improved after adding the DTC power cable and Standard Diamond digital cable - Oh and Darkz TA under the Aavik Lars mentioned the Aavik separates will add that much more to the system. I'm hoping I can afford a DTC power cable next spring.

Can I start a 'Go Fund Me' account here
    George

Hello George, I had a long chat with Lars today and he had lots of nice words for how your system is sounding!

The new cables will likely be called "DTC" which is an acronym for Diamond Tesla Coil. The Tesla coil in this new range is similar to that employed in the Sparkz TC but much stronger. The DTC power cable, speaker cable and interconnect cable will all be active with the IC requiring a power lead from the distribution box to supply its power. Apparently all three cables will be on show at CES in January 2016.

There is also a possibility that Aavik may show their new pre/power separates at the same show.
    Hi Ralph, it would be nice to get preview pic's of what the new DTC's will look like. Are they in production mode now or still working with prototypes?

Ship dates?

While your at it, talk Lars into sending you a DTC loom for you to report to us!
    Le Roy

Austin, Tx : Soulution 520 preamp, 501 mono blocks, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D3.1, Lumin U1, Uptone Audio Modded Mac Mini w/ MMK fanless kit & JS-2 LPS, Regen, Ansuz DTC loom (complete), Oppo 105D, QNAP TS-451+

Chicagoland : Soulution 725 preamp, 711 stereo amp, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D5.1, Naim UnitiServe 2TB, Aurender W-20 Ansuz DTC later generation wire, Teac X1000 R2R, QNAP TS-451+

Foundation:
    Raidho Rack system, Ansuz DTC Mainz8, Ansuz (2) Supreme Mainz D8 Distribution, 20 amp dedicated outlets via subpanel

Guess I was wrong about the IC
    George

From Ansuz's FB page http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...&id=ed5be0b8ff a few more details on the Darkz d.tc resonance control footers. Cable lifters will also be available.

Hi guys.
    I would like to share my impressions of last Friday.

Together with some guys from my local Hifi society club, we visited the Raidho factory.
    It was my second visit and again we were very friendly greeted and welcomed. Present was both Lars and Fritz and also their front worker Ole, that assembles many of the speakers from start to finish and as Lars presented him : their guy that can fix everything with his hands
    Michael was at a fair in Asia , so he could not be there.

It was primarily a Raidho visit and we started out with the Scansonic MB-1 and entered the Raidho X versions and later the new XT versions with Titanium coating. I must say I was very impressed with the new XT-2 & XT-3. So very coherence sound from bottom to top. Later entering the Diamond series with the brilliant D-1 and ended with the great flagship D-5
    From start, the little MB-1 just filled the room with great sound. Amazing how much sound can come out of this little star. During the evening it just got better and better..and better

But to focus on the Ansuz...

When we heard the D-5 speaker , then Fritz showed us quickly many changes and their affects.
    From start they used their new dtc line. The Mainz and Speakz was the dtc series (I did not check the IC and etc.)
    Fritz started by changing the first Mainz from wall into the Mainz-D8 and inserted the P-version. Of course it was still very nice music. It should be when having a D-5 speaker, sourced with a dCS CD-player, (used only as transport), into the Aavik Unity and all the rest D or Dtc wiring and etc..
    But the music sort of collapsed and was not at all that musical and natural/relaxed sounding as before.
    Entering the A version, it got a bit better and again with the C version it started to be real "music" again.
    Then the D version was put in and it just opened up the music and soundstage and filled the room again. It was hard for me to imagine the sound could be even better, but it then did.
    When Fritz put the new dtc cord in again, the "jump/upgrade" was just a big as from each of the earlier versions. Everything just got so musical, dynamic, black/quiet background with every little detail and layers of the music
    Wow.. is all I can say

1 of the big surprises to me was when they removed the Ansuz cable lifters from the new dtc speakz. I was not sure of the model of the cable lifters, looked like D-version by color to me. But Fritz played a track where it was very obviously that when the cable lifters where not used..the bottom end just got pretty muddy and distorted and the bass just got "flat" and 1-dimensional , but when again the speaker cables got elevated by the lifters, it just disappeared all the distortion and muddiness and the bass could show different levels again. It was so clearly for me these changes.

After 6 hours at the factory, it was hard to drive the 2 hours drive back home to my house that night and then home to see my P, A and C versions of cables..haha and then just knowing that the music can get that much better still

Thanks to Raidho, Ansuz and Aavik for the delighted visit, which gave us all a great smile on our faces when leaving them and to all you in here that have the opportunity :
    Go and hear the cables for yourself at the CES show !
    Buch

"If there's no music up in heaven, then what's it for?" (Arcade Fire)

Quote Originally Posted by Buch73 View Post
    Hi guys.
    I would like to share my impressions of last Friday.

Together with some guys from my local Hifi society club, we visited the Raidho factory.
    It was my second visit and again we were very friendly greeted and welcomed. Present was both Lars and Fritz and also their front worker Ole, that assembles many of the speakers from start to finish and as Lars presented him : their guy that can fix everything with his hands
    Michael was at a fair in Asia , so he could not be there.

It was primarily a Raidho visit and we started out with the Scansonic MB-1 and entered the Raidho X versions and later the new XT versions with Titanium coating. I must say I was very impressed with the new XT-2 & XT-3. So very coherence sound from bottom to top. Later entering the Diamond series with the brilliant D-1 and ended with the great flagship D-5
    From start, the little MB-1 just filled the room with great sound. Amazing how much sound can come out of this little star. During the evening it just got better and better..and better

When we heard the D-5 speaker , then Fritz showed us quickly many changes and their affects.
    From start they used their new dtc line. The Mainz and Speakz was the dtc series (I did not check the IC and etc.)
    Fritz started by changing the first Mainz from wall into the Mainz-D8 and inserted the P-version. Of course it was still very nice music. It should be when having a D-5 speaker, sourced with a dCS CD-player, (used only as transport), into the Aavik Unity and all the rest D or Dtc wiring and etc..
    But the music sort of collapsed and was not at all that musical and natural/relaxed sounding as before.
    Entering the A version, it got a bit better and again with the C version it started to be real "music" again.
    Then the D version was put in and it just opened up the music and soundstage and filled the room again. It was hard for me to imagine the sound could be even better, but it then did.
    When Fritz put the new dtc cord in again, the "jump/upgrade" was just a big as from each of the earlier versions. Everything just got so musical, dynamic, black/quiet background with every little detail and layers of the music
    Wow.. is all I can say

1 of the big surprises to me was when they removed the Ansuz cable lifters from the new dtc speakz. I was not sure of the model of the cable lifters, looked like D-version by color to me. But Fritz played a track where it was very obviously that when the cable lifters where not used..the bottom end just got pretty muddy and distorted and the bass just got "flat" and 1-dimensional , but when again the speaker cables got elevated by the lifters, it just disappeared all the distortion and muddiness and the bass could show different levels again. It was so clearly for me these changes.

After 6 hours at the factory, it was hard to drive the 2 hours drive back home to my house that night and then home to see my P, A and C versions of cables..haha and then just knowing that the music can get that much better still

Thanks to Raidho, Ansuz and Aavik for the delighted visit, which gave us all a great smile on our faces when leaving them and to all you in here that have the opportunity :
    Buch, thank you for your first hand account of the new products from Raidho/Ansuz. They all sound exciting!
    Le Roy

Foundation:

Buch, thank you for your first hand account of the new products from Raidho/Ansuz. They all sound exciting!
    +1, thanks very much for your observations Buch. Interesting not only to read of the performance leap of d.tc but also just what a difference those small cable lifters can make.

Thanks both and pleasure to share as you also do.

Yes no doubt the cable lifters made big differences in the Raidho demo room and with the D-5 and etc.
    They said if was because of that they moved away the energy from the speaker cables and otherwise it can be transfered back into the feedback loop of the amp and will then make distortion and be amplified out again.
    If this is true for all amps and etc, I am not sure.. but the Aavik and D-5 and D cable loom, it could show the difference.
    Buch

I've heard the entire Ansuz Diamond loom with the Raidho D3's and they were very impressive. I just wish they weren't so darn expensive. So instead, I'm currently running Kimber Select IC's (1116) and SC's (6036) with my D3's per David B.'s recommendation. I think they sound really good but I have no idea how much improvement would be gained by making the change to the Diamond IC's and SC's. Has anyone done a direct comparison between the two??

Thanks,
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Buch73 View Post
    Hi guys.

Everything just got so musical, dynamic, black/quiet background with every little detail and layers of the music
    Wow.. is all I can say

I was totally amazed at Le Roy's when Lars changed out his Ceramic cables to Diamonds and added a second Mainz D8. I couldn't believe how many more layers of resolution were reviled. Then to hear the Mainz dtc pc along with a diamond digital (a year later) in my system in my home just blew me away. Sad part is the list price of a full loom. But if you think of it how much would you have to spend to try and achieve those levels of resolution I'm not sure if it could even be done with different electronics. Lars did mention the class ab Aavik pre and power amp does just that. Then imagine adding the dtc full loom. Where does it end??
    George

Where does it end??
    Yes, I agree. It is amazing how many products the team has come up with for the last years and they just keep them coming
    Seems like there are so many thing still to explore and push the barriers to in their minds..and when hearing their products, I can only believe it is true..
    Very interesting future for those searching for "the best sound"
    Buch

Hi Ralph, it would be nice to get preview pic's of what the new DTC's will look like. Are they in production mode now or still working with prototypes? [...]

Hello Le Roy,

Photos below of Ansuz d.tc products from the Singapore audio show where Michael B. is representing Aavik, Ansuz and Raidho. Suggest you check with your local dealer re availability.

Photo 1: d.tc Mainz power cord seen here (in foreground) connecting to a non-Ansuz mains distributor

Photo 2: d.tc Speakz loudspeaker cable

Ralph those look a bit nicer than the one Lars brought over. Glad I didn't take and post a picture.

Well what was your impression?? I assume Mike did a nice demo and if he did what cable did he compare to? Remember at my home Lars replaced my ceramic pc with the d.tc. His speaker cables that he brought over were too short for my set up.
    George

Ralph those look a bit nicer than the one Lars brought over. Glad I didn't take and post a picture.

Well what was your impression?? I assume Mike did a nice demo and if he did what cable did he compare to? Remember at my home Lars replaced my ceramic pc with the d.tc. His speaker cables that he brought over were too short for my set up.

Hi George, I'd need to try d.tc in my own system to post any meaningful impressions. In the short term at least such an audition seems unlikely.

It looks like CES2016 was a BIG show for Ansuz -- in more ways than one.......

Photo 1: The "Sons of Music", Ansuz and Aavik have a big showing at CES2016

New Mainz Distributions from the X-series..

Mainz X & Mainz X-TC with active Tesla (do not know how many)

In a way, I like the way the inlet Main is placed now. The right one in the back and not from the sides like the A & D versions.
    But I am still saving up for the Mainz-D myself Next on my list.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Buch

Anyone compare Nordost Heimdall 2 PC with Ansuz Aluminum PC? Mind to share your thought? Thanks.

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum!
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by audioworld2011 View Post
    Anyone compare Nordost Heimdall 2 PC with Ansuz Aluminum PC? Mind to share your thought? Thanks.
    Welcome Audioworld.

I see there has been none comments to you.
    I can give you my experience.
    I had a loom of Brahma and Vishnu PC and the QB4 and then replaced it with Ansuz Aluminium PC´s.
    It was replaced at the same time, so did not compare that much a single PC by a time.
    But it was a great improvement and I did not find any drawbacks.
    More black background, but still with better resolution and details. Harmonics and musicality it was a great improvement.

Hope it helps you a little and suggest that you try them out
    Buch

Sorry for raising this thread from the dead.

I borrowed some Ansuz cables from my dealer. X, P and A series. I already have a Mainz D8 in my system but no other Ansuz products. My current cables are a mix of Pink Faun, Zu, NBS, Shunyata and Schiit.

For the last week I have been experimenting. I find that the power cables really make a big (X, P and A) difference. Howerer the difference between the X and P series interlinks seem to be smaller.

My idea for now would be to replace my USB and interlinks with teh X series. the power cable from the wall to the D8 with a A series and the rest of the power cables with the P or X series.

The speaker cables will not be changed they have a length of 7meter. Even the X series reaches a stratopheric price at that length.

So what do you think?

I'm still in doubt whether or not I should spend so much on my cables. My system is rather humble compared to what I see what people have here.

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Welcome!

You might want to check out the review done by kiwi_1282001 on the P vs C power cords in this thread - he did comment on the A power cord too. Other users that I have spoken too have suggested that the C is a more effective upgrade than the A power cord.

Ansuz (my dealer and other users too) would generally say that the power cord between the wall and the D8 is the most important link, the foundation, so to speak. So, P or C would be good there.

It also appears that longer lengths of the power cable sound better, with some hard core users that I know using power cords of up to 4m (at the D and DTC level!) This is what my dealer says too. I used to think that it all was, to put it politely, sales talk, until I compared the 2m vs 3m X power cord. Having said that, the 2m P power cord is better than 3m X power cord still.

On the USB cable, I have tried the A USB cable but was not that impressed by it. Others have recommended the D USB cable as being the best but that is not an amount that I am prepared to pay at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by nicoludio View Post
    Welcome!

You might want to check out the review done by kiwi_1282001 on the P vs C power cords in this thread - he did comment on the A power cord too. Other users that I have spoken too have suggested that the C is a more effective upgrade than the A power cord.

Ansuz (my dealer and other users too) would generally say that the power cord between the wall and the D8 is the most important link, the foundation, so to speak. So, P or C would be good there.

It also appears that longer lengths of the power cable sound better, with some hard core users that I know using power cords of up to 4m (at the D and DTC level!) This is what my dealer says too. I used to think that it all was, to put it politely, sales talk, until I compared the 2m vs 3m X power cord. Having said that, the 2m P power cord is better than 3m X power cord still.

On the USB cable, I have tried the A USB cable but was not that impressed by it. Others have recommended the D USB cable as being the best but that is not an amount that I am prepared to pay at the moment.
    I'll try to find the P vs C review in this thread.

I have heard the same, longer powercords are better. But also a one meter C should be better then a two meter A.

My DAC was 1250euro. I will not buy a 800euro USB cable for a 1250euro DAC. Also I need two USB cables since I use a Schiit Wyrd between my Auralic Aries LE and Schiit Gungnir Multibit. I might replace the Wyrd by something else since the USB input is not the best input on this DAC. Something like the Mutec 3+ USB or Hydra Z. Still thinking about not using USB at all and just use coaxial 75ohm output.

Hello Mordante and welcome to the forum.

I reviewed various Ansuz cables in my system and details of my findings can be found on pages 3 & 4 of this thread.

I agree that power cords can make a big difference – more so than interconnects or loudspeaker cables.

As Nicoludio notes the most important power cord is the one that sits between the wall socket and the distributor. That said, if you don’t have a dedicated power line serving your audio room / system, I would strongly recommend you get a certified electrician to install one as a next step – even before spending money on power cords or other accessories.

I reviewed various Ansuz cables in my system and details of my findings can be found on pages 3 & 4 of this thread.

I agree that power cords can make a big difference – more so than interconnects or loudspeaker cables.

As Nicoludio notes the most important power cord is the one that sits between the wall socket and the distributor. That said, if you don’t have a dedicated power line serving your audio room / system, I would strongly recommend you get a certified electrician to install one as a next step – even before spending money on power cords or other accessories.
    I have a dedicated powerline for my audio. It does not have special cables or wall outlet.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

I have a dedicated powerline for my audio. It does not have special cables or wall outlet.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordante View Post

That is good. There is no doubt in my mind that installing dedicated AC lines is one of the most cost-effective improvements to the sound of audio systems. Good quality 10 AWG wire (or similar) is usually recommended to ensure current handling and reduce IR drop.

Are you able to source a second hand Ansuz C power cord to sit between your wall socket and your distributor? I personally think the ceramic cord is the sweet spot in the Ansuz range from a performance for the price perspective.

Are you able to source a second hand Ansuz C power cord to sit between your wall socket and your distributor? I personally think the ceramic cord is the sweet spot in the Ansuz range from a performance for the price perspective.
    Ralph - Have you been able to demo any of the D-TC cables? They are quite amazing. Currently I'm demoing the D-TC Digital cable and comparing to the Diamond. As good as the Diamond is the TC version with the power box brings out a world of detail and emotion because the background is that much blacker. One thing that is also very interesting is as you know I have the D-TC power cable from the wall to the MainzD8. From the MainzD8 to the D-TC power box I tried the Ceramic - Diamond and a cheap BPT power cable and I can't hear any difference. Just proving to myself AGAIN the 'Foundation" is the biggest bang for the buck.
    George

I just want to chim in and tell my Ansuz story... I was very eager to try some Ansuz cables after reading this thread among others. I then had the opportunity to borrow a complete set of cables (a mix of mostly P and A and then later also C) for a longer time thanks to a great dealer in Sweden.

I remember thinking it was a truly interesting experience hearing them breaking in over a couple of weeks. My original idea was to not rush any decision, I was about to compare them with another brand also. It turned out that the other manufacturer had problems supplying their new cables though which was a disappointment, but it didn't matter because for every week I listened to music using those Ansuz, I just fell a little bit more in love with them and in the end I realized it was not an option to let go of them. I stretched my budget more than I thought was possible and went for mostly C cables, and a few P cables along with the Mainz 8D. When I received everything I was completely blown away as I actually hadn't tried the Mainz 8D before, I just felt I wanted to go ALL IN with Ansuz, especially when it came to everything related to power.

Since then I'm probably to be considered an Ansuz addict... I have bought everything I can (except Sparkz), I'm on a full Diamond level except for Darkz d-tc under my electronics and two C Mainz for the same. I can really recommend the Darkz, I have them under my electronics, speakers and as cable lifters for the loudspeaker cables. Not cheap, but incredible value.

I didn't have "cheap" cables before, but what the Ansuz did to my system was completely addictive, adding more of them just improved things even more. It has transformed my system from great to amazing. The Diamond cables are more expensive than anything else in the system, but I started seeing them as any piece of equipment really. Could I have gained more by changing amplifier or speakers instead? Maybe, but I honestly doubt it, they made such a huge impact! It felt like they really allowed all my equipment to perform at it's best, or even a little above their abilities.

I agree with what everyone says, the C being the sweet spot. I bought my initial setup brand new, which was incredible expensive, but after that I have managed to find both second hand and being able to trade some cables for a more "affordable" price. If you don't mind shopping for second hand and even shipping overseas, I would recommend going that path to reach a higher level. It's worth it.

Ralph - Have you been able to demo any of the D-TC cables? They are quite amazing. Currently I'm demoing the D-TC Digital cable and comparing to the Diamond. As good as the Diamond is the TC version with the power box brings out a world of detail and emotion because the background is that much blacker. One thing that is also very interesting is as you know I have the D-TC power cable from the wall to the MainzD8. From the MainzD8 to the D-TC power box I tried the Ceramic - Diamond and a cheap BPT power cable and I can't hear any difference. Just proving to myself AGAIN the 'Foundation" is the biggest bang for the buck.
    Hello George and happy new year to you!

As I’ve not heard the D-TC power cable in my own system I’ve refrained from commenting on it. To be honest having read your observations and having heard comments from other D-TC owners I’m more than a little afraid to put one in my system. It’s a heart-breaking experience to hear big gains in sound quality only to have them removed shortly thereafter because you can’t afford them.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by VoicesInMyHead View Post
    I just want to chim in and tell my Ansuz story... I was very eager to try some Ansuz cables after reading this thread among others. I then had the opportunity to borrow a complete set of cables (a mix of mostly P and A and then later also C) for a longer time thanks to a great dealer in Sweden.

I remember thinking it was a truly interesting experience hearing them breaking in over a couple of weeks. My original idea was to not rush any decision, I was about to compare them with another brand also. It turned out that the other manufacturer had problems supplying their new cables though which was a disappointment, but it didn't matter because for every week I listened to music using those Ansuz, I just fell a little bit more in love with them and in the end I realized it was not an option to let go of them. I stretched my budget more than I thought was possible and went for mostly C cables, and a few P cables along with the Mainz 8D. When I received everything I was completely blown away as I actually hadn't tried the Mainz 8D before, I just felt I wanted to go ALL IN with Ansuz, especially when it came to everything related to power.

Since then I'm probably to be considered an Ansuz addict... I have bought everything I can (except Sparkz), I'm on a full Diamond level except for Darkz d-tc under my electronics and two C Mainz for the same. I can really recommend the Darkz, I have them under my electronics, speakers and as cable lifters for the loudspeaker cables. Not cheap, but incredible value.

I didn't have "cheap" cables before, but what the Ansuz did to my system was completely addictive, adding more of them just improved things even more. It has transformed my system from great to amazing. The Diamond cables are more expensive than anything else in the system, but I started seeing them as any piece of equipment really. Could I have gained more by changing amplifier or speakers instead? Maybe, but I honestly doubt it, they made such a huge impact! It felt like they really allowed all my equipment to perform at it's best, or even a little above their abilities.

I agree with what everyone says, the C being the sweet spot. I bought my initial setup brand new, which was incredible expensive, but after that I have managed to find both second hand and being able to trade some cables for a more "affordable" price. If you don't mind shopping for second hand and even shipping overseas, I would recommend going that path to reach a higher level. It's worth it.
    Thanks for joining VoicesInMyHead.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Ansuz Cables & Accessories