Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Quote Originally Posted by Ansuz-Aavik Lars View Post
    The EU price is 20.000€
    As an Ansuz cables ( power cords D level and MainzD8) user, I find the pricing of the new Distribution Box out of touch with reality.

Quote Originally Posted by 4music View Post
    As an Ansuz cables ( power cords D level and MainzD8) user, I find the pricing of the new Distribution Box out of touch with reality.
    It all depends on whose reality you are referring to.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

VOICES - EMIL - LARS the song I was referring to I is the 4th song on the which might be the first CD. Right before the song Stars. Shazam can't find it.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

So I spent the afternoon in a demo session listening to the new cables, Aavik U-150, Raidho D1.1 speakers, D-TC Powerbox and finally the brand new Mainz 8 D-TC. The presentation was as always of highest level, very professional and super interesting. It's a nice lineup of cables and it's almost that you start feeling sorry for Frits having go through them all as each level improves things quite remarkably, he can always do better, it just never ends and it becomes almost humorous. Where can you possibly end up when you're already starting at amazing?! During the session you find yourself smiling bigger and bigger, toe tapping more intensively and towards the end you start shaking your head as it doesn't make any sense how the improvements can be so huge by just changing a few cables and/or power distributors. But we all know this in here of course. The build quality on the cables definitively is an improvement compared to the old models as already have been reported by others, especially when it comes to the speaker cables with banana termination I think there was a necessary and huge improvement. Now the cables also feels as good as they sound.

The new D-TC Mainz box of course was the grande finale of the day. If I remember correctly we listened to Tommy Schneider & Friends with "Ain't No Sunshine" and Derrin Naundorf with "Ghost Town". The former was a new acquaintance to me with an incredible and almost unbelievable large soundstage that with the D-TC seemed to have absolutely no boundaries at all. "Ghost Town" is an old demo track I've heard several times before, and while I think it's a very impressive sounding track I'm not really a fan of the song as I find it a bit dry and don't really like the vocals etc. The presentation with the D-TC box just made it scary unreal, it was so musical, warm, seductive and inviting that I just completely drowned into the music. It didn't quite sound like that when I came back home for some reason...

If I had the money to spare, the Mainz 8 D-TC would be a no brainer, but I'm not quite at that level where I can motivate it or even afford it how much I would want to, which I believe is what many others might feel as well. Everything is relative though and people have different sizes of their pockets, that's just how it's always going to be. It's a VERY impressive power distributor though, don't think anything else! It's just WOW! If I got to wish freely of anything I could have under the x-mas tree this year, it would be this power distributor!
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordante View Post
    I do hope that the Ansuz product line will remain stable now. Too many new series will only hurt a brand. Personally I think Raidho introduced too many new models soon after each other.
    It might be a bit frustrating that old cables are being replaced, but at the same time the old cables are still as good as they've always been. I personally love evolution and that companies are always trying to improve their products, that the brand I have invested in keeps staying ahead of it's competitors. LampizatOr is another favourite brand of mine that usually gets this critique that people can't keep up with all changes, but at the same time they offer world class upgrade and trade in policy which makes you feel that you're never being left behind. Frits mentioned today that Ansuz/Aavik are also trying to be world class in their service and if anyone ever has any problems with their products they will always help out.
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

When it comes to Aavik/Ansuz service and back up I can only say first rate! They really honor their products to which I can vouch for from several occasions.

So another item on my bucket list, the DTC Mainz box.

Mike
    Main system: Aavik Acoustics U-300 (upgraded internals), Accuphase C47 + TechDAS AF V Premium + Kuzma 4P11" Gemstone/Kondo silver + Ortofon Diamond, Naim streamer SSD + TAD DA-1000 DAC, Sonus Faber Stradivari 35 Anniversary, mostly full cable loom Ansuz Acoustics, D and own silver constructions on signal side, Mainz DTC/D2 + Mainz8 D-TC power distributor. All individual equipment and cables rest on Ansuz Acoustics Darkz DTC (Tungsten balls). Dedicated mains supply (Audience Conductor) with Klangmodule fuse system and Furutech receptacles. Other systems: Collection of Sonus Faber classics (Franco S design), tube gear and transistor designs, CD-transports and players, turntables and collection of cables

Thanks for the visit this afternoon! Frits and Ansuz/Aavik keep bringing the development of their world class products to the next level. A delightful experience backed up by a truly uplifting and convincing demonstration.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se

Attached Images Attached Images
    PERFECT SENSE
    www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | info@perfect-sense.se | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

Quick update. The Ceramic V2 has so much more control of the sound over the original. A touch more clarity too. Now when I compared the original Diamond to the Ceramic it was better no doubt, but after 4 weeks and taking it out I didn't miss it. Now I just took out the Diamond V2 and I will admit I partially miss it. There is more of a difference when comparing V2's to the originals. I hope to hear the Mainz D-TC soon. Personally I would prefer to upgrade my original Ceramic speaker cables to the V2's over keeping the Diamond V2 power cord.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

American Debut of the Mainz D-TC in Wayne Illinois. Ansuz V2 power cords will be there too. Not sure about other cables.

Hope to see you there
    George

Hope this shows up. It didn't in the above post
    George

I have a A series (original series) on test now for my integrated amplifier. So far it is a huge improvement over the Shunyata I currently have.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

Can you demo an A2 cord?? Much better than the original C and probably an original D (although I never made the A2 to D side by side comparison)
    George

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    Can you demo an A2 cord?? Much better than the original C and probably an original D (although I never made the A2 to D side by side comparison)
    I don't think the A2 is available yet where I live. Also because the series 2 will be available soon the series 1 becomes affordable. Most shops still have a lot of series 1 on stock.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

You're right about pricing for the originals. I have an A2 - C2 and demoing a D2. They are crazy good.
    George

I have a A series (original series) on test now for my integrated amplifier. So far it is a huge improvement over the Shunyata I currently have.
    Great to hear! I think it's important that we do not forget that the "old" cables are just as good as they were a month ago, compared to many other brands they are still a huge improvement. The fact that Ansuz continues to evolve and improve on something that was already way ahead of competition is just plain amazing. The "new" cables are truly amazing, that's for sure, but that also opens up for great pricing on the old models, which value compared to their prices is becoming almost unreal and too good to be true! It has never been a better time to jump on the Ansuz train that right NOW, anyone who is curious or have been in doubt regarding the prices before can now find great pricing on old models from resellers that are emptying their stocks or from people who are upgrading. I wish I could have paid these prices to my cables some years ago....

I can totally understand that everyone who have got their new model 2's are just dying to tell us all how good they are though, I would do the same.... haha... and I really want to hear it also.... hehe...

I got so inspired in writing tonight, let me share "my Ansuz story" in a little bit more detail than I've done before. And do remember, this is with the old models. I personally find it interesting because to me there is a very clear distinction of "before" and "after" Ansuz when it comes to my own hi-fi system.

For me it all started with 3 pair of Aluminium Darkz which my local Ansuz dealer suggested instead of the Nordost cones which I had my eyes on. I trust his judgement since before, so I think I just more or less bought them. Then my "research" of Ansuz slowly started, I read a lot and indeed got very curious about the cables.

When it got time for me to change my current cable setup (Chord Sarum + Audience power distributor, power cable), again my great Ansuz dealer lent me a bunch of cables to try, and he let me have them for 2-3 months without ever pushing me, they were also brand new so I kind of helped him to burn them in while at the same becoming more and more amazed for every day that went by. I think I started with a mix of POM and Aluminium, but in the end my first real Ansuz purchase came to consist of the following...

Mainz Ceramic, 2 Mainz POM, Signalz Ceramic, Speakz Ceramic, Jumperz POM and the Mainz 8 Diamond!

This was the biggest investment I had ever done in hi-fi, and I'm still grateful for the trade-in of my old cables and a good overall package deal that made it possible. But still, it was A LOT of money.

Now, I had actually not heard the Mainz 8D, yes... I bought it unheard! I had read about it, but not heard it, and I also had a discussion with my dealer about going all in with one brand or staying with one brand for power and maybe another for signals. I had already began to understand that Ansuz real strengths were with power, so I said let's go all in with Ansuz. How bad could it be?

As I had been listening to various Ansuz cables for the last couple of months I was not prepared for what would come next. When the huge box of cables was finally delivered from Denmark, I plugged everything in and was completely blown away! I'm not sure how I can emphasise this enough, I was literally and completely BLOWN AWAY!! What I hadn't heard before, was the wonderful synergy of the cables together with the more or less amazing Mainz 8D! This was pure magic to my ears.

In my euphoria I wrote an email to my dealer to let him know my feelings of my new Ansuz gear. He forwarded this email to the Swedish distributor and it ended up being posted all over Facebook and I believe even on Ansuz own Facebook page. I felt quite embarrassed about it, as I hadn't really thought about what I wrote and I was in such a pure happy and ecstatic moment. I was also at the time not used to writing about my equipment or experiences in public, I was a silent reader of all forums but did not participate anywhere. Oh well, I was still very happy though, and nobody knew it was me so all was fine...

Now, the thing is that I had bought speakers, amps and dac's before, I had changed a lot of things during the years. I had an okay'ish integrated amp and an okay'ish DAC, same speakers as now, but it wasn't really what I would call high-end, the cables I had just bought costed a fortune in compare (which might be crazy in itself, but let's not go there now). What these Ansuz cables brought out of my equipment at this time was just unbelievable. I wanted all my friends to hear what a change of cables could do. I felt like nobody else in the world knew how well this combination of equipment could actually sound, it felt like the cables made my speakers, amp and dac perform way beyond their limits and what even the manufactures themselves knew they were capable of. It was like a little secret only I knew about. This was the way I felt about it and this is what I will always remember.

To say that these Ansuz cables changed the way I see and define high-end music equipment is no understatement. These are bold words, some people would probably call me crazy. But it for sure was a big change in my life, it took things to another level, and from there.... it has just continued ever since.

D2 cables you say.... hmmm.... it for sure is tempting...

D2's are like D-TC baby brothers
    George

[QUOTE=VoicesInMyHead;219645] "...the cables I had just bought costed a fortune in compare (which might be crazy in itself, but let's not go there now)."

Well, just as a lazy evening brain exercise I found to my surprise that approx 50% of my system value comes from Ansuz cables and Darkz…. the days are long over when the last 10% of the budget were put on cables...

Blown away as well/Mike
    Main system: Aavik Acoustics U-300 (upgraded internals), Accuphase C47 + TechDAS AF V Premium + Kuzma 4P11" Gemstone/Kondo silver + Ortofon Diamond, Naim streamer SSD + TAD DA-1000 DAC, Sonus Faber Stradivari 35 Anniversary, mostly full cable loom Ansuz Acoustics, D and own silver constructions on signal side, Mainz DTC/D2 + Mainz8 D-TC power distributor. All individual equipment and cables rest on Ansuz Acoustics Darkz DTC (Tungsten balls). Dedicated mains supply (Audience Conductor) with Klangmodule fuse system and Furutech receptacles. Other systems: Collection of Sonus Faber classics (Franco S design), tube gear and transistor designs, CD-transports and players, turntables and collection of cables

Hehe, I wouldn't dare to count. But I agree, someone once said to look at your cables just as any other piece of your gear and I think that makes sense. I also consider this hobby of ours a journey of experimenting and trying different things. For instance I think the very price worthy Nord One class D amp was a very cool match to these cables which cost several times more than the amp, but it responded extremely well to good power, maybe more so than any other gear I've had, resulting in a cost/performance ratio being quite interesting where the amp itself were closer to those well known 10%. Sure one could always debate if turning things upside down and putting the 90% into the amp would make a better system. I'm not sure it wold be better, but it would probably be different.

There's of course millions of different ideas how to build a system, for me it feels like I now have a great foundation to stand on, starting with power from the wall, to the distributor and through all cables. Other equipment will definitely come and go, but I don't see this foundation going anywhere. If any new gear would not be a good match with it, so be it, then it's not the right one for me, just as any other matching.

Quote Originally Posted by VoicesInMyHead View Post
    I can totally understand that everyone who have got their new model 2's are just dying to tell us all how good they are though, I would do the same.... haha... and I really want to hear it also.... hehe...
    I forgot I have some of the first V2 cables released. But then again I've been waiting since late January/early February since I first heard the prototypes. It was also very hard not to tell anyone before Ansuz announced them. Tonality isn't changed but the blacker background makes for better 'air' and 'control' between the vocals and instruments. I was that impressed when I first heard the originals and these are even better. I can't wait until next Sunday to personally thank and congratulate Mike Borresen at the Mainz D-TC demo at NextLevel's Grand Opening.
    George

George, I think it has been great to hear yours and everyone else reports of the new models. I think we all are very thankful for these early reports, I mean, that's after all why we are in here to begin with, to read about our favourite cable brand. I'm not going to go down the upgrade path myself though, Diamond "will have to do" for now and I think my next mission will be to find new speakers.

The original Diamond is a fine cable. If you already own it that's one thing but honestly if you're looking to buy I would put the A2 up against it (something I haven't done yet). When I first heard the originals I thought the Ceramic was the sweet spot especially for the money. If cost was no object the Diamond was the best hands down. When Lars came over with the A2 and C2 power cords I was floored by how much better the A2 was compared to my C going from the MainzD8 to the Aavik. Then he put in the C2 and that was a lot better. He didn't have the D2 but my dealer loaned me his and it's another huge jump. Much larger than the original C to D. Then Lars put in the C2 Sc's and all I could say was WOW. I borrowed the D2 Pc but due to limited funds I think the C2 Sc upgrade would be even better than the D2 Pc with my original C Sc's.

As far as a speaker upgrade do you have any idea what direction you want to go?
    George

From what I've understood, and I may be wrong, the biggest improvement is indeed with the signal cables, but only because the power cables were already on a slightly higher level than the signal cables. With the new models they should be very competitive with top performance through the entire signal chain. Mmm... maybe C2 could be an alternative, will need to think about that...

As for speakers I'm currently looking into Boenicke W8 and Stenheim Alumine Two. I also find the new TAD Evolution One interesting, but they don't have any dealer in my region and will probably not be considered. Quite different speakers all of them, but I will need to try with my limited space what works best. My current ones are not actually bad either, I'm quite happy with them, but I'm curious if there's more to be gained somewhere....

From what I've understood, and I may be wrong, the biggest improvement is indeed with the signal cables, but only because the power cables were already on a slightly higher level than the signal cables. With the new models they should be very competitive with top performance through the entire signal chain. Mmm... maybe C2 could be an alternative, will need to think about that...

As for speakers I'm currently looking into Boenicke W8 and Stenheim Alumine Two. I also find the new TAD Evolution One interesting, but they don't have any dealer in my region and will probably not be considered. Quite different speakers all of them, but I will need to try with my limited space what works best. My current ones are not actually bad either, I'm quite happy with them, but I'm curious if there's more to be gained somewhere....
    I recently bought the new USB D-TC cable that's only been around for six months or so. IMO, it sounds better than my V1 DigitalZ D-TC coax cable. The best thing about the new USB cable is that it not only sounds better but is significantly cheaper than the V1 Coax. I'm using it from the Aurender N10 to a Chord Hugo TT. I wish I could also use it between the N10 and the U-300 DAC section but there is only one USB port on the N10 and headphones are more important to me than my speakers.

Two of my devices that are most important to me are the Aurender Flow and Hugo TT headphone amps. Both are battery based so my mega-cost Ansuz power system isn't needed. In fact the only device I have in the headphone chain that is plugged into the D8 is the Aurender N10.

Bud
    Bud<br>

AAVIK: S-280 Streamer, D-280 DAC, I-280 Integrated Amplifier]
    NAIM: Atom HE Headphone Amp, Superlumina Speaker Cables, Power Cables
    HARBETH: 30.2 40th Anniversary Speakers
    FOCAL:: Utopia Headphones
    ANSUZ: C2 Power Cable, A2 Power Distributor, D2 Ethernet Cables, D2 PowerSwitch, D2 Interconnect
    NORDOST: Heimdall 2 Ethernet and Power Cables
    QUADRASPIRE: SVT Equipment Stand
    SKYLAN: Speaker Stands
    UPTONE:Linear Power Supply
    DANACABLE:: Headphone cables

It's been a couple of days since the Mainz D-TC demo at NextLevel. Lars started with a X power cable to the MainzD8 and worked his way through the version 2 up to the D-TC power cord. As usual with each cord there was a very noticeable improvement. One thing that really surprised me the most was after demoing the D2 power cord in my home I thought is was very close to the D-TC. Well it wasn't. Good news for any D-TC cable owners is Mike told me he has no plans to make a V2 D-TC cable.

With the D-TC power cord they replaced the MainzD8 with the Mainz D-TC. Holy CR@P!!! To me it sounded more like moving up from the D3.1 to D4.1 or D4.1 to the D5.1. The noise floor dropped like I've never heard before. Resulting in the most lifelike music I've ever heard. The clarity - sound stage - transients - and depth increased dramatically. The amount of 'air' between the vocals and instruments was amazing.

I guess I should have started with the system. It was the Aavik monos with a full D-TC loom from the Mainz to all equipment - Naim CD player and D5.1's
    George

Thanks George. I wonder if that was my CD player I traded for an Aurender N10��

Is the Mainz D-TC $23K?

Bud
    Bud<br>

ANSUZ: C2 Power Cable, A2 Power Distributor, D2 Ethernet Cables, D2 PowerSwitch, D2 Interconnect

Could have been your CD player but Tyler also has one or 2 since he is a Naim dealer too.

Yep $23K USD per Lars
    George

Tried some Anzus power cables on my DAC today. I think I preferred the X series over the A series. I still have to try the P. All cables series 1.

I know the pricing on Version 1 cables have to be very good right now. But if you have the chance listen to the V2's I highly suggest it. Now I didn't compare a V1 Diamond to the A2 directly but I'll say I think the A2 at the least is equal to the V1 Diamond. Mike B at Nextlevel's Mainz D-TC demo said the gap between the V1 Diamond and D-TC was so large they had to do something to fill the gap. Hence the A2/C2/D2. I had a V1 Diamond going from my MainzD8 to U300 for a little over a month. When I put my V1 Ceramic back in I didn't miss it at all. But when Lars put the prototype A2 then C2 in I really missed it. I will also say I think the production V2's are even better than the prototypes.
    George

I know the pricing on Version 1 cables have to be very good right now. But if you have the chance listen to the V2's I highly suggest it. Now I didn't compare a V1 Diamond to the A2 directly but I'll say I think the A2 at the least is equal to the V1 Diamond. Mike B at Nextlevel's Mainz D-TC demo said the gap between the V1 Diamond and D-TC was so large they had to do something to fill the gap. Hence the A2/C2/D2. I had a V1 Diamond going from my MainzD8 to U300 for a little over a month. When I put my V1 Ceramic back in I didn't miss it at all. But when Lars put the prototype A2 then C2 in I really missed it. I will also say I think the production V2's are even better than the prototypes.
    I got really nice deal on the Mainz A and Digitalz A USB. Without that deal I would be been at X or P level for my amp.

Now I have to which cable to use for my DAC and phono amp. It will be the P or X.

Now I have to which cable to use for my DAC and phono amp. It will be the P or X.
    They might respond differently to the power cables of course, but otherwise I'd go with the best for the one that you use the most.... I guess this way of reasoning was the reason why I eventually had to get rid of my turntable as it fell too much behind while I kept prioritising the DAC chain....

They might respond differently to the power cables of course, but otherwise I'd go with the best for the one that you use the most.... I guess this way of reasoning was the reason why I eventually had to get rid of my turntable as it fell too much behind while I kept prioritising the DAC chain....
    I agree with you. But IMHO the more expensive cable is not always the best cable. Right now I have X, A and C level Ansuz cables in my system. I really liked the A level on my amp. But preferred the X over the A on my DAC. Still have to try out the P. The C is between my wall outlet and my Mainz D8. The interlinks are X. The USB cable is A

Maybe in the far future I'd like to replace my AudioQuest, Rocket88 speaker cables with Anzus as well. But my speaker cables are 7meters long. So instead I might switch to a pre/power amp and get a long interconnect. But we will see.

Yesterday I made the decision regarding my speakers. I have bought the Raidho X-3.

I didn't say the best was the most expensive... Although, when it comes to Ansuz my personal opinion is that they do indeed get better for each level, but I totally respect that you are listening and making your own opinions. Equipment responds differently to good power....

The disadvantage with power/pre separates vs an integrated amp is that you would need another power cable and more interconnects... but yes, maybe it will still be cheaper than 7 meters loudspeaker cables... hehe...

Congrats on the new Raidho's! I love what I've heard from Raidho and they would easily be a contender for me as well if I had the space for them....

I agree with you. But IMHO the more expensive cable is not always the best cable. Right now I have X, A and C level Ansuz cables in my system. I really liked the A level on my amp. But preferred the X over the A on my DAC. Still have to try out the P. The C is between my wall outlet and my Mainz D8. The interlinks are X. The USB cable is A

Maybe in the far future I'd like to replace my AudioQuest, Rocket88 speaker cables with Anzus as well. But my speaker cables are 7meters long. So instead I might switch to a pre/power amp and get a long interconnect. But we will see.

Yesterday I made the decision regarding my speakers. I have bought the Raidho X-3.
    First congrats on the X-3. Great speaker. As far as cables I would say use the best (that you can afford) from the wall to the mainz and the best from the mainz to the amp. From there the best (most expensive) is not always the best for sources. The exception would be D-TC (for interconnects) with the power box.

Back to the X-3's. If possible set them up about 3M apart and have them point to your shoulders. Since they are front/bottom ported they can be pretty close to the side and back walls. But that said - take your time and experiment. At my dealer we played with that and IMO they sound better away from the walls.
    George

First congrats on the X-3. Great speaker. As far as cables I would say use the best (that you can afford) from the wall to the mainz and the best from the mainz to the amp. From there the best (most expensive) is not always the best for sources. The exception would be D-TC (for interconnects) with the power box.

Back to the X-3's. If possible set them up about 3M apart and have them point to your shoulders. Since they are front/bottom ported they can be pretty close to the side and back walls. But that said - take your time and experiment. At my dealer we played with that and IMO they sound better away from the walls.
    I have to play a little bit with the speaker placement. My living/listening room is about 4.1m*6.5m The speakers are about 2.5m apart and the front is about 80cm from the rear wall.

The X-3's I currently have are the dealers, he will come soon and trade them for a new pair.

Any Anzus cable beyond the A series (I have one C) is beyond my reach. That is also partly my own fault. I need 5 power cables in my system. Lucky for me my TT doesn't have detachable power cord. After I fex my power cables. In the far future I might have my amp modded, so it can be used as pre amp. Then safe money for a nice power amp. The Symphonic Line RG7 is looking pretty sexy.

Now all my cables, except for the speaker and phono, cables are by Anzus. A mix of X, POM, Aluminium and Ceramic.

Attached Images Attached Images

I’d like to chime in here and share some insight on the new, V2 or second generation Ansuz cables.

Many of you are aware I’ve heard the power cord demo (Odin 2 - A2 - C2 - D2 - DTC) Lars and Michael hosted during RMAF. I shared my impression here in this thread. The word I’d used to describe the exercise was “mind-blowing”.

I needed to hear these new Ansuz power cords in my reference system. There are always so many variables during these audio shows. The power is filthy and it is just difficult to often obtain a good sounding room.

I am very pleased to share that I’ve had the chance to hear the new D2 power cords in my system and frankly, they exceeded every expectation. A few observations...

* I was immediately reminded that cables are indeed a component - a critically important one at that - in a HiFi system. With the introduction of these cables, every component and aspect of my system improved...dramatically.

* I am convinced these power cords enable my components - especially my amps - to perform at their peak, or certainly unprecedented levels.

* V1 is indeed great cable and I still use it with great results. BUT... V2 is another thing entirely. There is no comparison and the difference between V1 and V2 is very apparent. Aside from the improvement in sound, just look at the two cables. The V2 looks hand crafted with beautifully executed terminations, no detail is overlooked. Lots of pride has gone into the building of these cables and it is obvious. If you’d consider a power cord a work of art, these Ansuz V2 power cords would certainly qualify.

* Once the D2 power cords settled into my system, upon listening I thought I had new amps and maybe a new preamp too! The noise floor was already low...very low. But now...it’s as if there is no noise. Blacks are so black I found myself checking to make sure the system didn’t turn off! Dead silence so palpable.

* I have a friend who listens to my reference system once in a while. Loves it but if I ask for criticism he reluctantly comments it may sound a bit analytical now and then. Ok...fair enough. I don’t like coloration and prefer transparency and detail. Not bright sounding but natural. These cords helped me take it to the next level... my system has never sounded so musical. I did not lose anything...just gained!

* Vocals are so lifelike, so present and real. You have to experience it to truly understand. You forget you are listening to recorded/reproduced music (unless the recording itself doesn’t allow for this...)

* Piano...listening to the notes most often one hears the resonance of the sound as its carried through the strings. The impact of the hammer, the decay, and the pure tone of the note. It’s thrilling to hear and discern this in one’s own system. I venture to say most people never achieve this level of performance with their system. Now perhaps it’s not the cable alone creating this high fidelity but the cable is essential to the system.

* Surprise after surprise... last night an organ fugue came on and started playing. I’m familiar with the piece but never heard the weight and gravity of it the way I did then. Just awesome.

I also have had the privilege to evaluate the V2 digital cable. So much more musical and pleasing than those I’ve tried recently.

Hope this feedback helps you all and congratulations to Lars, Michael, Fritz and Emil on achieving a performance level with a product that is truly “mind-blowing”. Now if I can only add the new Mainz DTC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

La Dolce Vita, lovely report...

What level of cables did you have before, in other words, what were you comparing with? And did you only try the power cables and the digital? No signal or loudspeaker cables?

La Dolce Vita, lovely report...

What level of cables did you have before, in other words, what were you comparing with? And did you only try the power cables and the digital? No signal or loudspeaker cables?
    Thanks so much!

I was using Nordost Valhalla 1, Ansuz V1 Ceramic and Diamond. (The Ceramic and Diamond are still in use though for CD Transport, power supply, etc.)

Yes, for now. I am using Valhalla 1 interconnects. Would love to one day try the interconnects and speaker cables as well.

Andy I agree 100% with your assessment of the V2's. The D-TC digital is in another league too. Just wait until you hear the Mainz D-TC. As good as the power cables sound you ain't heard nothing yet.
    George

Andy I agree 100% with your assessment of the V2's. The D-TC digital is in another league too. Just wait until you hear the Mainz D-TC. As good as the power cables sound you ain't heard nothing yet.
    Thanks George. Yes...I’m slowly trying to come to terms with that...but I must say for the time being I am very, very happy...

Best wishes to you and all those here who celebrate Thanksgiving...

Hi All,

Sitting right now with full D in the signal chain and 3 C Mainz and 1 D Mainz but have an offer to trade in my Mainz to V2 series. Told my self to cool down and enjoy my system and don't spend another dime until next fall…. but… Anyone had more listening time with the V2 series? I kind of want to trade in at very low money in between and started to think about stepping down one notch and go A2 mixed with C2, any thoughts from you…?
    At the demo I heard, the A2 impressed the most on me even if C2 was better and still D2 however my spending of late has been substantial and I just want to get on the V2 train with as little collateral damage as possible.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeoo View Post
    Hi All,

Sitting right now with full D in the signal chain and 3 C Mainz and 1 D Mainz but have an offer to trade in my Mainz to V2 series. Told my self to cool down and enjoy my system and don't spend another dime until next fall…. but… Anyone had more listening time with the V2 series? I kind of want to trade in at very low money in between and started to think about stepping down one notch and go A2 mixed with C2, any thoughts from you…?
    At the demo I heard, the A2 impressed the most on me even if C2 was better and still D2 however my spending of late has been substantial and I just want to get on the V2 train with as little collateral damage as possible.

Mike
    Mike you answered your own question. IMO the A2 is better than the D. As the V2's become more available the trade in with the originals is going to drop even farther I'm guessing. I don't know but I've never heard a power cable make such a significant difference with the exception of the D-TC. It is amazing how big of a gap there was between the originals and the D-TC. Closer now but the D-TC is still a big step up from the D2. Another thing I considered after first hearing the upgraded cables was what would I have to spend to get even a similar sound for that kind of money.

That said my only signal cable is a digital coax which is already a D-TC so I can't personally comment (the D-TC replaced an original D and it was huge). I did upgrade my original C Sc's to the C2's. What I notice is the power cords and signal cables seem to make for a bigger difference than the Sc's. But I think that goes for what Mike and Lars have been saying since Ansuz was started. That being it ALL starts with the foundation. Last if you think the new V2 cables are good just wait until you hear the Mainz D-TC.
    George

Mike you answered your own question. IMO the A2 is better than the D. As the V2's become more available the trade in with the originals is going to drop even farther I'm guessing. I don't know but I've never heard a power cable make such a significant difference with the exception of the D-TC. It is amazing how big of a gap there was between the originals and the D-TC. Closer now but the D-TC is still a big step up from the D2. Another thing I considered after first hearing the upgraded cables was what would I have to spend to get even a similar sound for that kind of money.

That said my only signal cable is a digital coax which is already a D-TC so I can't personally comment (the D-TC replaced an original D and it was huge). I did upgrade my original C Sc's to the C2's. What I notice is the power cords and signal cables seem to make for a bigger difference than the Sc's. But I think that goes for what Mike and Lars have been saying since Ansuz was started. That being it ALL starts with the foundation. Last if you think the new V2 cables are good just wait until you hear the Mainz D-TC.
    Mike...the A2 is a very high performing power cord and it is in my opinion close to or nearly on par with the first version diamond power cord. There is something very special about the architecture of the V2 series...

Now...this said...I continue to use a first version diamond and a couple first version ceramic power cords and they remain top performing cables, although the A2 outperforms the first version ceramic and really gives the diamond a run for the money.

In any case you’re on the right track here. Hope George and I were able to give you confidence moving forward... all the best...

I wish you wouldn't say that! I'm trying to decide one of three things, don't do anything, swap my D8 for the Mainz DT-C or swap my Chord TT for a Chord DAVE. I had decided not to do anything and felt good about it. I keep thinking that if all the DT-C does is lower the noise floor, how can it be better than what I already have, i.e. if the better part of $100K already invested isn't good enough then what is?

Bud
    Bud<br>

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    I wish you wouldn't say that! I'm trying to decide one of three things, don't do anything, swap my D8 for the Mainz DT-C or swap my Chord TT for a Chord DAVE. I had decided not to do anything and felt good about it. I keep thinking that if all the DT-C does is lower the noise floor, how can it be better than what I already have, i.e. if the better part of $100K already invested isn't good enough then what is?

Bud
    Well Bud I’m sure your system sounds great. All comes down to what you feel it needs (if anything). It’s not always about what you spend on this product - just think of those poor souls who bought looms of Odin 2! Ansuz Cables &amp; AccessoriesAnsuz Cables &amp; Accessories

Multi thanks Guys!

I kind of needed the moral boost and your impressions concur with mine.

Let you know soon how it all ended/Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post

Bud
    Hey Bud
    As far as I can tell one of the main things the D-TC PC does is significantly lower the noise floor. The Mainzd8 slightly lowers the noise floor in comparison. What would be nice would (once someone has one) is use a D-TC PC from wall to Mainz D-TC and compare A2 - C2 - and D2 going from the Mainz D-TC to sources amps and pre's. Then compare the MainzD8 with D-TC PCs feeding everything else. As far as I can tell even from the demo is you can't have too much D-TC. Everytime I hear a lower noise floor I hear more clarity and 'air' between instruments and vocals. That IMO throws out more depth and a better sound stage.
    George

Hey Bud
    As far as I can tell one of the main things the D-TC PC does is significantly lower the noise floor. The Mainzd8 slightly lowers the noise floor in comparison. What would be nice would (once someone has one) is use a D-TC PC from wall to Mainz D-TC and compare A2 - C2 - and D2 going from the Mainz D-TC to sources amps and pre's. Then compare the MainzD8 with D-TC PCs feeding everything else. As far as I can tell even from the demo is you can't have too much D-TC. Everytime I hear a lower noise floor I hear more clarity and 'air' between instruments and vocals. That IMO throws out more depth and a better sound stage.
    I had thought about trading one of my D-TC PC's along with the D8 towards a Mainz D-TC. The D-TC PC would be the one going from the D8 to the Aurender N10. I'd replace it with a lower cost V2 cable.

Our mutual friend near you said that I should keep the D-TC PC on the N10 because servers are noisy. My N10 is the heart of my system now.

The fly in the ointment is that I lust after a Chord DAVE and I don't want to pay for both the DAVE and the Mainz DT-C. I spend 80% of my time listening to headphones now so the only thing the new Mainz D-TC would help would be the N10 because both my headphone amps are battery powered.

However, if I bought a DAVE it has an internal switching power supply which would be helped by the Mainz DT-C. It would also need a better power cable.

I miss the time when my wife and I were happy for years with a $2,500 audio system. Nelson Pass once called audiophiles the Lunatic Fringe.

BTW, do you feel better?

Bud
    Bud<br>

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Ansuz Cables &amp; Accessories