Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast

Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Mordante The Mainz D-TC power distribution will offer a much bigger bang for the buck than the D-TC power cord IMO. That said Ansuz should be coming out with an A2-C2-D2 version of the power distribution.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordante View Post
    Would love to have all DT-C power cables. But replacing my current power cables by DT-C would cost something like 90keuro. I don't event want to know how much it would cost to have a all DT-C cables.

I wish I could afford it. The P line would be the absolute max I might be able to afford but even that is doubtful.

To be honest I think that Anzus is pricing itself out of the market. The avg income where I live would be around 50K euro. After tax that leaves about 30k. The series 2 is lot more expensive than the series 1.
    IN USD for 1M Power cords
    A1 $2000
    C1 $3600
    D1 $10,000

A2 $2100
    C2 $3900
    D2 $10600
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    IN USD for 1M Power cords
    A1 $2000
    C1 $3600
    D1 $10,000

A2 $2100
    C2 $3900
    D2 $10600
    The cost is high on the upper levels, but so is the performance. The price increase has to be considered more than reasonable and actually not more than about +5%.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se
    PERFECT SENSE
    www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | info@perfect-sense.se | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Sense View Post
    The cost is high on the upper levels, but so is the performance. The price increase has to be considered more than reasonable and actually not more than about +5%.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se
    All prices in euro.

Pricing mains aug16
    P1 1000
    A1 1600
    C1 3000
    D1 8000

Pricing mains nov17
    P2 1100
    A2 1800
    C2 3400
    D2 8800

http://www.4music.audio/Pricelist%20Ansuz.pdf

http://a10audio.nl/wp-content/upload...EMBER-2017.pdf
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

This might be more of a theoretical question, and the obvious answer would of course be to "try it yourself". I'm thinking about maybe making some dramatic changes sometime in the future and if that becomes reality I would end up with 6 D-TC Darkz to use somehow where I would mainly need to focus on one integrated amplifier.

Here comes the question, would it be preferred to stack 2x3 Darkz on top of each other or would it be better to use 1x4 (I reckon 1x6 would be a bit overkill). Eventual "spare" ones can always be useful somewhere...

Any opinions?
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

Hi,

I experimented quite a lot on this. As an example I prefer 3 DTC under my Aavik instead of the 4 in the designated cups under the unit, despite its extra layer of ceramic balls. I tried double on stacking and that brought out some better results specially on my turntable, though it got a bit too wobbly and the needle skipped easier hence now I run just 3 single stack under all my units. I also experimented by having 4 and 5 spacers and that also gave som benefit on some units but still your ears have to decide and for me it was small differences and perhaps not better.
    Even with 4 in the designated cups under the Aavik I had problem getting an even balance so I always stuck to 3 for perfect loading ie uniform loading of the darkz.

Not sure it will help but these are my findings/Mike

PS:I am still waiting for my V2 cables to come that I ordered 3 months ago, anyone else in for this long wait?S
    Main system: Aavik Acoustics U-300 (upgraded internals), Accuphase C47 + TechDAS AF V Premium + Kuzma 4P11" Gemstone/Kondo silver + Ortofon Diamond, Naim streamer SSD + TAD DA-1000 DAC, Sonus Faber Stradivari 35 Anniversary, mostly full cable loom Ansuz Acoustics, D and own silver constructions on signal side, Mainz DTC/D2 + Mainz8 D-TC power distributor. All individual equipment and cables rest on Ansuz Acoustics Darkz DTC (Tungsten balls). Dedicated mains supply (Audience Conductor) with Klangmodule fuse system and Furutech receptacles. Other systems: Collection of Sonus Faber classics (Franco S design), tube gear and transistor designs, CD-transports and players, turntables and collection of cables

I've seen my dealer double stack the darkz but never questioned it. I would think a double stack would be better but don't know for sure.
    George

Thanks guys, that's really helpful and interesting. I guess it makes more sense to position the Darkz directly underneath transformers and other things that's actually causing the vibrations of the device, than under the device proper feets, even if the latter might be a more stable option.
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

George,

How is the Mainz8 DTC burning in and are there still gains in SQ? I am considering a unit, maybe...

Mike
    Main system: Aavik Acoustics U-300 (upgraded internals), Accuphase C47 + TechDAS AF V Premium + Kuzma 4P11" Gemstone/Kondo silver + Ortofon Diamond, Naim streamer SSD + TAD DA-1000 DAC, Sonus Faber Stradivari 35 Anniversary, mostly full cable loom Ansuz Acoustics, D and own silver constructions on signal side, Mainz DTC/D2 + Mainz8 D-TC power distributor. All individual equipment and cables rest on Ansuz Acoustics Darkz DTC (Tungsten balls). Dedicated mains supply (Audience Conductor) with Klangmodule fuse system and Furutech receptacles. Other systems: Collection of Sonus Faber classics (Franco S design), tube gear and transistor designs, CD-transports and players, turntables and collection of cables

Mike - I can't say enough good about the Mainz D-TC. It's the biggest improvement I've heard in my system.

Out of the box it's a huge improvement in noise floor and micro details you probably never heard. It only gets better from there. But nothing like out of the box. I would say after about 500hrs it really settled down meaning not really getting better. One thing that is pretty amazing is the fact you can play damn near twice as loud as without it (if that matters).
    George

Stacking Darkz on each other surely has a positive effect. It works similar to adding Sparkz in your system. Everything gets blacker and lowering the noice floor even further.
    Scansonic MB-1, Aavik U-300, Sony CD Player as transport, mixture of ansuz cables in different qualities, Ansuz Mainz X Power Distribution, Ansuz Power Distribution for DTC cables

Thanks George,

Playing damn near twice as loud sounds damn fine with me I just heard it briefly some time ago on a system that is not worth mentioning here but it had a welcome impact but also revealed flaws in the electronics, first time I heard a filter do that. The control on voices and all mid related info was great.

I am considering…./Mike

Mike - I can't say enough good about the Mainz D-TC. It's the biggest improvement I've heard in my system.

Out of the box it's a huge improvement in noise floor and micro details you probably never heard. It only gets better from there. But nothing like out of the box. I would say after about 500hrs it really settled down meaning not really getting better. One thing that is pretty amazing is the fact you can play damn near twice as loud as without it (if that matters).

George,

The million dollar question, would you consider 20 000 EUR better spent elsewhere (any Ansuz people disqualified from answering )? I guess it will be system dependent….

Mike

That is interesting... and it kind of adds to my thinking of simplifying from monoblocks and separates into a integrated unit. I'm really not that far in my thoughts yet as to what amp that would possibly be, but as food for thought, what would you choose... an Aavik U-300 with Mainz 8 C2 vs Aavik U-150 with Mainz 8 D2? In other words, put the money in the amp or in the power distributor? Given our experiences what Ansuz power can actually do, is the answer that simple? Or maybe it's Mainz 8 D-TC and NO amp...

Well that is interesting however I know from several occasions that you can get most gear to sound so much better just by having them on Darkz DTC and then add Mainz power cables which to my ears crushed same or other brands top/more expensive amps or signal sources. I guess though that there need to be at least a decent system platform to get the benefits but having said that I have also experienced amazing hikes in performance on budget gear from adding Darkz or Mainz. So answering you question, without knowing the effect of Mainz 8 C2/D2, that I would go for U-150. I guess the more relevant question in that case if to go for Mainz 8 DTC or D2!? The only thing I can see upsetting this is if one would need more power to drive speakers hence the need for mono blocks or sturdier stereo amp. So I guess you need to get the basics done first in terms of making the system (loudspeakers) sing and then optimize its potential.
    For me it is about upgrading my turntable and get a 'better' phono cartridge or going 'filtering'… but I guess I answered that question myself….

Best/Mike

Quote Originally Posted by VoicesInMyHead View Post
    That is interesting... and it kind of adds to my thinking of simplifying from monoblocks and separates into a integrated unit. I'm really not that far in my thoughts yet as to what amp that would possibly be, but as food for thought, what would you choose... an Aavik U-300 with Mainz 8 C2 vs Aavik U-150 with Mainz 8 D2? In other words, put the money in the amp or in the power distributor? Given our experiences what Ansuz power can actually do, is the answer that simple? Or maybe it's Mainz 8 D-TC and NO amp...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeoo View Post
    George,

The million dollar question, would you consider 20 000 EUR better spent elsewhere (any Ansuz people disqualified from answering )? I guess it will be system dependent….

Mike
    No, not likely. Unless perhaps it was going to a better listening room. We all know how important the room itself can be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foundation...it’s all about that... focus on the power distributor, cables, Darkz, etc. The components are important but the foundation is what we hear the most, what should please us the most... both U-150 and U-300 are great. There are subtle nuances BUT...having the best foundation one can afford is the best strategy and will offer greatest satisfaction and enjoyment. Just my opinion...

I couldn't agree more Mike, and that is also my own experience and why I have actually kept myself in the lower end of budget when it comes to amps historically. My feeling of adding Ansuz products in the chain, one after the other has been that I've almost wondered if the manufactures of speakers and amps that has crossed my path actually know how good their products really can be... haha.. I'm sure they don't...

It would be REALLY interesting to be able to hands on experiment with the balance of cost and musical "heaveness" between the Mainz 8 models vs amplifier level, going upwards with one and downwards with the other. Might not be so easy from a practical view though.

Quote Originally Posted by La Dolce Vita View Post
    Foundation...it’s all about that... focus on the power distributor, cables, Darkz, etc. The components are important but the foundation is what we hear the most, what should please us the most... both U-150 and U-300 are great. There are subtle nuances BUT...having the best foundation one can afford is the best strategy and will offer greatest satisfaction and enjoyment. Just my opinion...
    And I tend to agree with your opinion, hearing what Darkz, power and cables can do to a "medium" system is quite astonishing... I also like the idea of it being so opposite from how it was probably seen a few years ago.

And I tend to agree with your opinion, hearing what Darkz, power and cables can do to a "medium" system is quite astonishing... I also like the idea of it being so opposite from how it was probably seen a few years ago.
    Agreed wholeheartedly. It’s simply undeniable

Time for a release of the DTC room, wonder if Ansuz is up to the task?

Mike

No, not likely. Unless perhaps it was going to a better listening room. We all know how important the room itself can be.

Time for a release of the DTC room, wonder if Ansuz is up to the task?
    haha! And I want to build a house on top of Darkz D-TC's....

Mike

Honestly I can't think of anything else that would make as big of a difference. And even if you were to upgrade your speakers for example it could make a big difference but I personally would be left wondering how much better they would sound with the mainz D-TC in the chain.

I was thinking of upgrading to the D3.1's before the Mainz D-TC announcement (the 3.1's have a much better mid range sound). But after hearing the Mainz D-TC to me that was more important. So that has put a real delay on that decision mainly from a financial view. I forgot to mention once the Mainz D-TC was broken in the lows got a bit lower and tighter with the D2.1's. I have a slight fear with the 3.1's the lows may be a little too much in my room. Tyler (my local dealer) will let me have an in home demo with the 3.1's but until I know financially I can swing it I don't want to bother him for all the work involved.

George,

Mike
    George

Take a look at the inside of DTC Mainz8, notice the Darkz, are these D2 or DTC? Should be DTC in a DTC box or? Anyway it would be great if some Ansuz people would like to share some technical insight to what is inside.

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

what a cool photo! it reminds me about my first Lampi DAC which was mounted on a wooden board as well. I hope those ceramic balls can not become loose if you "shake" it too much... not really sure why you would shake it though....

yesterday evening I was just about to push the button, I had more or less decided to move forward with my simplifying-and-downgrading-while-upgrading plan.... but then I started listening to some music and pure bliss came out of those speakers. I started to have doubts if a one-box solution can really be on this level or better. mmm... tough decisions....

Hi,

One may wonder but I am pretty sure it will not rattle. Lukasz Fikuz Lampizator is a great brand and their DAC's are top notch and I have had the benefit of visiting him a few times for real nice demos and technical discussions. I still have his filter box for another system.
    Remember that the dtc filter box upgrades your whole system so with one box all units in the system will be upgraded. Like having a middle range system and suddenly have a full top range. It is a no brainer if pockets allow. Had a second listening yesterday.
    Still considering but will probably have a home demo soon.

Mike

what a cool photo! it reminds me about my first Lampi DAC which was mounted on a wooden board as well. I hope those ceramic balls can not become loose if you "shake" it too much... not really sure why you would shake it though....

yesterday evening I was just about to push the button, I had more or less decided to move forward with my simplifying-and-downgrading-while-upgrading plan.... but then I started listening to some music and pure bliss came out of those speakers. I started to have doubts if a one-box solution can really be on this level or better. mmm... tough decisions....

I consider my Lampi DAC magical! it takes a lot of space and it's sensitive with all the visible tubes sticking out of it but it's really something special sound-wise, my listening session yesterday evening was amazing. I'm trying to familiarize me with the thought of not living with it, in favour of the built-in DAC of the Aavik U-150. And the same goes for my pre-amp and my monoblocks. I have no doubts about the Mainz 8, no matter if it's going to be A2,C2,D2 or D-TC model I think they will all be top-notch, it's merely about how much money one is ready to spend.

Anyway, I guess I'm going through with my plan to simplify from separates to integrated... which means I have a lot of Diamonds to sell, if anyone is interested send me a PM!

Why not simplify by getting the DTC filter box! By the way, why sell the Lampi if you love it, demo the U-150 with DAC module and compare first!? I have at a few occasions heard stand alone DAC's better the internal one in U-300 can't remember on top of my hat which ones but I think it was both top as more middle filed DAC's. For me as an U-300 owner I focus on vinyl reply and digital mostly for leisure.

Looking fw to your findings when 'down' sizing.

Mike

I consider my Lampi DAC magical! it takes a lot of space and it's sensitive with all the visible tubes sticking out of it but it's really something special sound-wise, my listening session yesterday evening was amazing. I'm trying to familiarize me with the thought of not living with it, in favour of the built-in DAC of the Aavik U-150. And the same goes for my pre-amp and my monoblocks. I have no doubts about the Mainz 8, no matter if it's going to be A2,C2,D2 or D-TC model I think they will all be top-notch, it's merely about how much money one is ready to spend.

Anyway, I guess I'm going through with my plan to simplify from separates to integrated... which means I have a lot of Diamonds to sell, if anyone is interested send me a PM!

Well, simplifying would involve getting rid of all separates in favour for an integrated to begin with. To be honest I doubt the built-in DAC in the Aavik can match my Lampi in a head to head battle, but I'm thinking that I need to settle somewhere and it's about cutting costs and money tied into all these boxes and cables. Or I keep the Lampi and skip the DAC module, it would just mean 1 box more and 2 cables more. The market for an integrated amp without DAC module is also a lot bigger, but I do like the modularity that a DAC module could be fitted afterwards (and maybe also upgraded over time).... and yes, listening is of course always the answer, but it's fun to speculate and think about various scenarios...

I see that your source is digital only so why not keep the Lampi at least until you know how good the Aavik module is.

Mike!

Well, simplifying would involve getting rid of all separates in favour for an integrated to begin with. To be honest I doubt the built-in DAC in the Aavik can match my Lampi in a head to head battle, but I'm thinking that I need to settle somewhere and it's about cutting costs and money tied into all these boxes and cables. Or I keep the Lampi and skip the DAC module, it would just mean 1 box more and 2 cables more. The market for an integrated amp without DAC module is also a lot bigger, but I do like the modularity that a DAC module could be fitted afterwards (and maybe also upgraded over time).... and yes, listening is of course always the answer, but it's fun to speculate and think about various scenarios...

Absolutely, and in reality a move like this will probably happen over a longer time anyway as I doubt someone will come and buy all my gear tomorrow.

To keep on topic I thought I should share my latest Ansuz experience...

The last couple of months has introduced a few things that took things to new levels for sure, maybe my passive preamp was one of the major things there, but still... I had one issue for quite some time, sometimes the room was playing along a bit too much and it was especially noticeable in a particular song, Fever Ray's "Keep The Streets Empty For Me", where the bass is very obvious and distinct which made some of the interiors create a quite undesired and loud sound along with the music, it was like it as responding to the bass notes in an echo.

I got some Darkz D-TC Cable Lifters for my speaker cables, I had Diamonds before... And as I didn't know what to do with the old ones while waiting for someone to buy them I let them stay under some of all the power cables.

I'm not sure which of the Darkz actually did it, but my room problem immediately disappeared when I added the Cable Lifters and as usual, things you didn't think possibly could improve any more took a real jump in the right direction, as if everything just fell into place. ALL Darkz are definitely staying.... in fact, give me mooooore!!!

Wow, don't miss the new and very nice Ansuz brochure, available for download from here....

https://ansuz-acoustics.com/downloads

Love the descriptions and informative texts how to prioritize, beautiful photos etc...

To keep on topic I thought I should share my latest Ansuz experience...

The last couple of months has introduced a few things that took things to new levels for sure, maybe my passive preamp was one of the major things there, but still... I had one issue for quite some time, sometimes the room was playing along a bit too much and it was especially noticeable in a particular song, Fever Ray's "Keep The Streets Empty For Me", where the bass is very obvious and distinct which made some of the interiors create a quite undesired and loud sound along with the music, it was like it as responding to the bass notes in an echo.

I got some Darkz D-TC Cable Lifters for my speaker cables, I had Diamonds before... And as I didn't know what to do with the old ones while waiting for someone to buy them I let them stay under some of all the power cables.

I'm not sure which of the Darkz actually did it, but my room problem immediately disappeared when I added the Cable Lifters and as usual, things you didn't think possibly could improve any more took a real jump in the right direction, as if everything just fell into place. ALL Darkz are definitely staying.... in fact, give me mooooore!!!
    So very true! I recently heard a demo with and without Ansuz cable lifters under the Ansuz speaker cable. Suffice to say the difference was incredible - anything but subtle! In my mind if you have Ansuz cables the cable lifters are required... no brainer

Indeed, and I more or less only said the Cable Lifters solved my room problem, but the overall improvement of the entire system was of course what impressed me most. At several occasions during my last listening sessions I've continued to be amazed and wonder what actually happened.... definitely a no brainer.

DTC Mainz8 demo unit i da house!

Initially (the unit has a few hunded of hour I am told) it does things better but far from eyes popping out better. It brings down the background a small notch to bring out details a bit better and with less distortion. My digital side seem to have the biggest benefit and surprisingly uneven results on my analogue with better bottom freq but worse top freq. Well t has been cooking only half a day so perhaps it needs warm up time. Let see how things will develop.

Mike

DTC Mainz8 demo unit i da house!

Initially (the unit has a few hunded of hour I am told) it does things better but far from eyes popping out better. It brings down the background a small notch to bring out details a bit better and with less distortion. My digital side seem to have the biggest benefit and surprisingly uneven results on my analogue with better bottom freq but worse top freq. Well t has been cooking only half a day so perhaps it needs warm up time. Let see how things will develop.

Mike
    Curious the outcome.

Looks like your “all in” with Ansuz. I am familiar with the brand only from reading, and never hearing.

I may be swapping out my P10 for the Nordost distribution but now want to try Ansuz. Also I understand they work well with one another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    Curious the outcome.

Looks like your “all in” with Ansuz. I am familiar with the brand only from reading, and never hearing.

I may be swapping out my P10 for the Nordost distribution but now want to try Ansuz. Also I understand they work well with one another.

I would highly suggest waiting until the Mainz A2/C2/D2 come out. But I would also say the original MainzD8 did more than the Nordost.
    George

Curious the outcome.

Welcome to the Ansuz club! just a word of warning, Ansuz products are HIGHLY addictive.... if you buy one, there's no going back. the more you add the better it gets....

Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Not there quite yet, just went through a major upgrade with a full Nordost Valhalla 2 loom. Only thing I did not do with Nordost was the distribution as I am using the PS Audio P10 (different concept, I know) but do like what it has done so far...

I will not convert to Ansuz other then distribution if it will accept the grounding from QKore and one Power Cable Ansuz Cables & Accessories
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Nothing bad about Nordost as the later constructions came from the hands of the Ansuz main brains behind their technology before they left and founded Ansuz, Aavik and Raidho. I dont want to make Ansuz sound too superior but I heard a Mains cable Odin V2, 2 or 3 meter length, being demolished by a 2 m Ansuz A2. The Ansuz A2 is third from the bottom (if counting with X-series) in their hierarchy and more then 10 times less cost than the Odin. Combine the Mainz cables from Ansuz with their Darkz feet and one of their filter boxes and you have a superb foundation for any system. Try one Ansuz Mainz cable and compare to one of the Valhallas, then you know if it is for you or not. Otherwise the filter box is a good start to see the Ansuz light...

Best/Mike

Not there quite yet, just went through a major upgrade with a full Nordost Valhalla 2 loom. Only thing I did not do with Nordost was the distribution as I am using the PS Audio P10 (different concept, I know) but do like what it has done so far...

I will not convert to Ansuz other then distribution if it will accept the grounding from QKore and one Power Cable Ansuz Cables & Accessories

I've heard the same slaughter in a demo and I consider myself a huge Ansuz fan, I would choose Ansuz any day... but, in all fairness I still think Odin is a nice cable, and I couldn't help wondering if the system would have been wired by all Nordost cables if the experience would have been different. Ansuz has great synergy with each other.

Nordost is crazy priced, even for me. Ansuz has no presence that I am aware of out here in the Northwest and I only learned about this as of recent.

I am sure they are very nice but as you know every system and room is different.

I will for sure be patient and wait for their new distribution. What is the name of the 1 and 2 down from the top for power and interconnects?

Also you guys are the kind of people I warn my kids about Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Hi again,

Well, Ansuz is not that low priced either I am afraid! Check this out https://ansuz-acoustics.com but the family looks like this bottom - top: X, P2, A2, C2, D2 and DTC. Enjoy the link but remember Ansuz is more addictive than crack.

Best/Mike

Nordost is crazy priced, even for me. Ansuz has no presence that I am aware of out here in the Northwest and I only learned about this as of recent.

I am sure they are very nice but as you know every system and room is different.

I will for sure be patient and wait for their new distribution. What is the name of the 1 and 2 down from the top for power and interconnects?

Also you guys are the kind of people I warn my kids about Ansuz Cables & Accessories

No doubt you will be hearing more and more about Ansuz. Synergy is key - agreed each system and room is different

OK, here goes,

48 hour report on the DTC filter box. From showing some weak signs of quality hike initially with very uneven behavior and even more ? after 24 hours I started to doubt if this was for me. The unit had some 200 hours I thought but it had less than 100 when I got it though it seem like it needs to be on the grid constantly as after I hooked it up it kind of needed to restart its burn-in. So I have kept it playing during all day today and at the 48 hour mark I sat down. And I sat down, down and played digital tracks and could not believe my ears. Such transformation, suddenly there where new layers of info, half an octave lower base but with better pitch and definition, heights better focus and less forced and stressed mids, total change. For a long time I have not had this aha experience all my material sounds new, and the best is that I now sit in the middle of the performance, never had such live feeling before. After the long sitting session I had to get up for some vinyl enjoyment. Now I had to sit down again as the effect was so profound I could not believe my ears as it was a long time since my vinyl was so much better than digital. The hike in performance was even bigger for vinyl with total effortless delivery and natural flow of real performers it all went beyond dynamic restraints. I am exhausted emotionally. The filter even got better during my 3 hour focused session.
    I almost dare to say that one will never hear base reply this good if not adding the DTC filter. For your information I have the box on DTC Darkz. If there is more to come up to 500 hours I have a hard time believing it but of course….
    And I run this with Mainz V1 cables.

I think this is a game changer for any system/Mike

Well after you get that paid off when you're ready for the next big improvement go for a D-TC power cord followed by D-TC IC's with power box hehe.
    George

So very true! I recently heard a demo with and without Ansuz cable lifters under the Ansuz speaker cable. Suffice to say the difference was incredible - anything but subtle! In my mind if you have Ansuz cables the cable lifters are required... no brainer

How many do you need?

My speaker cables are 7meters long. Right now I use Audioquest speaker cables (Rocker 88). I have been thinking about getting X series speaker cables. But damn they cost an arm and an leg. Besides that I think the max length of the X series is 6meter.

Someday I might switch to a pre/power that way I can use 4meter long interlinks and 3meter long speaker cables. But It must be a pre amp with either a DAC or phono amp build in. Maybe both.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordante View Post
    How many do you need?

My speaker cables are 7meters long. Right now I use Audioquest speaker cables (Rocker 88). I have been thinking about getting X series speaker cables. But damn they cost an arm and an leg. Besides that I think the max length of the X series is 6meter.

Someday I might switch to a pre/power that way I can use 4meter long interlinks and 3meter long speaker cables. But It must be a pre amp with either a DAC or phono amp build in. Maybe both.
    So you should have 4, you place 1 before the cable first touches the floor and the last before it leaves the floor to the speaker, and the same for the other channel. It's probably even better if it never touches the floor at all, but the above is the minimum recommendation.

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team