Ansuz Cables & Accessories - Page 72
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22 62 67 68 69 70 71 72
Results 711 to 720 of 720
  1. #711
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
    So George, how much sleep did you get last night?

    Do you have three of four Darkz under the chassis of the DTC Mainz8?

    You'll have to report back if it gets better with break-in.
    Le Roy, have you got your Mainz8 D-TC yet? If so please let us know what you think about it.

    Iíve put the shipment of mine on hold while I decide if the hype is worth the cost to me in my system/space/music. I know itís a strange question from a guy that has spent insane money on cables. Maybe thatís why Iíve come down to earth on spending.

    Also, it wonít fit on my Naim Fraim and Iím reluctant to put it on the floor/carpet. That was a disaster with my D8. So the cost of the D-TC might also entail an upgrade to a Raidho equipment stand.

    Bud
    Aavik U-300 Amp/DAC, Aurender N10 streamer, RaidHo XT-2 speakers, Naim UnitiServe network server/CD ripper w/Teddy Pardo PS, Naim Super Lumina speaker cables, Ansuz Mainz DTC power distributor, Ansuz Mainz DTC power cables, Naim FraimLite equipment stand, Ansuz DarkZ DTC resonance control feet, Ansuz DigitalZ DTC coax and USB cables, Ansuz DTC power box, Sennheiser HD-800S headphones, Audeze LCD 4 headphones, Chord DAVE DAC/amp, Nordost Heimdall headphone cables, Nordost Heimdall Ethernet cables

  2. #712
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Austin, TX & Suburban Chicago
    Posts
    751
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    Le Roy, have you got your Mainz8 D-TC yet? If so please let us know what you think about it.

    Iíve put the shipment of mine on hold while I decide if the hype is worth the cost to me in my system/space/music. I know itís a strange question from a guy that has spent insane money on cables. Maybe thatís why Iíve come down to earth on spending.

    Also, it wonít fit on my Naim Fraim and Iím reluctant to put it on the floor/carpet. That was a disaster with my D8. So the cost of the D-TC might also entail an upgrade to a Raidho equipment stand.

    Bud
    Hi Bud, I have not received my Mainz8 DTC yet. I had Tyler send mine to a friend in Houston. My friend also has the Raidho D5.1's and the ENTIRE DTC loom. Every power cable, interconnect and his speaker cables are DTC. I told him he could try it out for a short period of time but then he'd have to give it back to me.

    He declined to initially order the DTC Mainz8. He reasoned (understandably) look, if I've got the entire loom of DTC and all the noise is virtually eliminated from my system, how much better can it get?

    Well he has had the DTC Mainz8 in his system since Wednesday, and now he doesn't want to give it back! So now Tyler is sending me a new one on Monday.

    BTW, my friend has his sitting on a ceramic tile floor because he is out of rack space. Not the most ideal arrangement but Tyler sent him four DTC Darkz (risers) to support the unit. I think it would sound better properly supported on a rack but he is loving the sound the way it is supported now.
    Le Roy

    Austin, Tx : Soulution 520 preamp, 501 mono blocks, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D3.1, Lumin U1, Lampi Big 7 SE, Uptone Audio Modded Mac Mini w/ MMK fanless kit & JS-2 LPS, Regen, Ansuz Diamond Loom, Oppo 105D, QNAP TS-451+

    Chicagoland : Soulution 725 preamp, 711 stereo amp, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D5.1, Naim UnitiServe 2TB, Ansuz d-tc Loom (complete), Teac X1000 R2R, QNAP TS-451+

    Foundation:
    Raidho Rack system, Ansuz (3) Mainz D8 Distribution, 20 amp dedicated outlets via subpanel

  3. #713
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
    Hi Bud, I have not received my Mainz8 DTC yet. I had Tyler send mine to a friend in Houston. My friend also has the Raidho D5.1's and the ENTIRE DTC loom. Every power cable, interconnect and his speaker cables are DTC. I told him he could try it out for a short period of time but then he'd have to give it back to me.

    He declined to initially order the DTC Mainz8. He reasoned (understandably) look, if I've got the entire loom of DTC and all the noise is virtually eliminated from my system, how much better can it get?

    Well he has had the DTC Mainz8 in his system since Wednesday, and now he doesn't want to give it back! So now Tyler is sending me a new one on Monday.

    BTW, my friend has his sitting on a ceramic tile floor because he is out of rack space. Not the most ideal arrangement but Tyler sent him four DTC Darkz (risers) to support the unit. I think it would sound better properly supported on a rack but he is loving the sound the way it is supported now.
    Well, I guess that answers my questions. If for no other reason, I've got to see what the hype is all about.

    Bud
    Aavik U-300 Amp/DAC, Aurender N10 streamer, RaidHo XT-2 speakers, Naim UnitiServe network server/CD ripper w/Teddy Pardo PS, Naim Super Lumina speaker cables, Ansuz Mainz DTC power distributor, Ansuz Mainz DTC power cables, Naim FraimLite equipment stand, Ansuz DarkZ DTC resonance control feet, Ansuz DigitalZ DTC coax and USB cables, Ansuz DTC power box, Sennheiser HD-800S headphones, Audeze LCD 4 headphones, Chord DAVE DAC/amp, Nordost Heimdall headphone cables, Nordost Heimdall Ethernet cables

  4. #714
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Burb of Chi-town
    Posts
    581
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    Hi Bud and Le Roy
    I've had mine for a week now and out of the box it is fantastic. Like Le Roy's friend I wondered how it could get better. Well I've put about 40 -50 hrs on it (this is the first I haven't tracked exactly how many hrs). The bass is tighter and bit deeper than with the D8. The transients are much faster which is very apparent in the mids and highs making the sound much clearer. The background is much darker (didn't think it could get any blacker). Now these were my initial out of the box thoughts and it continues to get better although it's a slow process. It's similar to adding the D-TC power box for my D-TC digital cable where I've started to hear micro details that I never knew were there but am now hearing even more.

    Now the process I've been doing is mostly listening to internet radio which never sounded anywhere as good as streaming ripped cd's from the Naim UnitiServe. To me the internet radio always sounded like the bass was bloated and the highs were tipped up even with radio paradise. Because I only have the Userve I don't have any subscriptions to services like Tidal or Spotify. So IMO the streaming of internet radio with the Mainz D-TC brings out the flaws even more. But in turn streaming the ripped cd's sound so much better. That said I only only have a set of Diamond Darkz under the Aavik and nothing under the Mainz D-TC. This is a tough time of the year to spend these big bucks (on the Mainz) due to Christmas and Grand Kids birthdays. Next up is real estate taxes. I plan to get Darkz D-TC's as soon as I get those taken care of. Not sure if those would sound best under the Aavik or the Mainz. For grins and giggles I already have a set of 36 Si3N4 grade 3 ceramic bearings to try when I do get the Darkz D-TC's. I asked Mike B at Tyler's demo what he thought of those bearings and he said the grade doesn't matter but the different type of bearings sound different. In my mind the grade should make a difference but in my mind wire shouldn't make a difference but they sure do.

    So the short version is the Mianz D-TC is the best component upgrade I have ever heard. The only downside is if you use a bad source like internet radio it will bring out the flaws (but understand the internet radio though the Naim could be a lot better). That said and I almost forgot is I have my TV connected with a fiber cable and the sound has improved quite a bit. So I also wonder how long it will take for the Mainz to be fully broken in.
    George

    Aavik U300 - Raidho D2.1's in Walnut burl with black trim - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz D-TC with 1 Ansuz D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack - Rel B3.

  5. #715
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    I just told Tyler to ship me my Mainz8 D-TC ASAP. I've stopped vacillating.

    Thanks guys.

    Bud
    Aavik U-300 Amp/DAC, Aurender N10 streamer, RaidHo XT-2 speakers, Naim UnitiServe network server/CD ripper w/Teddy Pardo PS, Naim Super Lumina speaker cables, Ansuz Mainz DTC power distributor, Ansuz Mainz DTC power cables, Naim FraimLite equipment stand, Ansuz DarkZ DTC resonance control feet, Ansuz DigitalZ DTC coax and USB cables, Ansuz DTC power box, Sennheiser HD-800S headphones, Audeze LCD 4 headphones, Chord DAVE DAC/amp, Nordost Heimdall headphone cables, Nordost Heimdall Ethernet cables

  6. #716
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Burb of Chi-town
    Posts
    581
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    I think he is at the CES. Not sure if Dana went with.
    George

    Aavik U300 - Raidho D2.1's in Walnut burl with black trim - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz D-TC with 1 Ansuz D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack - Rel B3.

  7. #717
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    I think he is at the CES. Not sure if Dana went with.
    Yup, I know. He was going to do some resting on Tuesday to see if the DTC would work on the Fraim. I told him to ship the DTC and I’ll deal with siting it.

    i have the idea of rotating the front posts on the Fraim shelf to see if I can slide the DTC far enough forward to clear the rear post with a DTC PC plugged into the Ground outlet.

    Otherwise, I’ll have to put it on the floor until I can come up with a final solution.

    Bud
    Aavik U-300 Amp/DAC, Aurender N10 streamer, RaidHo XT-2 speakers, Naim UnitiServe network server/CD ripper w/Teddy Pardo PS, Naim Super Lumina speaker cables, Ansuz Mainz DTC power distributor, Ansuz Mainz DTC power cables, Naim FraimLite equipment stand, Ansuz DarkZ DTC resonance control feet, Ansuz DigitalZ DTC coax and USB cables, Ansuz DTC power box, Sennheiser HD-800S headphones, Audeze LCD 4 headphones, Chord DAVE DAC/amp, Nordost Heimdall headphone cables, Nordost Heimdall Ethernet cables

  8. #718
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    Dana shipped mine yesterday and it’s due to arrive Friday. Looks like I’ll have to sit it on the floor unless I can tweak the Naim Fraim to make it fit. If I can’t do that i’ll order a Raidho low rack for it.

    i can’t go for the full Raidho rack because my apartment storage won’t hold all the boxes.

    I’m anxious to hear what all the flap is about.

    Bud
    Aavik U-300 Amp/DAC, Aurender N10 streamer, RaidHo XT-2 speakers, Naim UnitiServe network server/CD ripper w/Teddy Pardo PS, Naim Super Lumina speaker cables, Ansuz Mainz DTC power distributor, Ansuz Mainz DTC power cables, Naim FraimLite equipment stand, Ansuz DarkZ DTC resonance control feet, Ansuz DigitalZ DTC coax and USB cables, Ansuz DTC power box, Sennheiser HD-800S headphones, Audeze LCD 4 headphones, Chord DAVE DAC/amp, Nordost Heimdall headphone cables, Nordost Heimdall Ethernet cables

  9. #719
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Burb of Chi-town
    Posts
    581
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    Hey Bud

    IMO it's Mike B's best product yet. The most noticeable thing you'll hear at first is a much lower noise floor resulting in much faster transients especially with the vocals and instruments. Kind of like adding a D-TC PC and IC's with the power box at the same time but better. Since you already have them you'll hear more micro details than you ever knew that were there. The lows sound a bit deeper and tighter and the highs a bit smoother. Probably have 100 hrs on mine now and it continues to get better although it seems very minor compared to first installing it. Considering the retail price of a 2M D-TC PC this is a bargain IMO.
    George

    Aavik U300 - Raidho D2.1's in Walnut burl with black trim - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz D-TC with 1 Ansuz D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack - Rel B3.

  10. #720
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

    Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    Hey Bud

    IMO it's Mike B's best product yet. The most noticeable thing you'll hear at first is a much lower noise floor resulting in much faster transients especially with the vocals and instruments. Kind of like adding a D-TC PC and IC's with the power box at the same time but better. Since you already have them you'll hear more micro details than you ever knew that were there. The lows sound a bit deeper and tighter and the highs a bit smoother. Probably have 100 hrs on mine now and it continues to get better although it seems very minor compared to first installing it. Considering the retail price of a 2M D-TC PC this is a bargain IMO.
    I own a device that costs about 1% of my high end audio system and does everything the big system does with somewhat lower sound quality. It's a Naim Mu-So. Listening to background music from an Internet blue grass station, the Mu-So is just about as satisfying to me as the big system.

    I divorced myself from the Lunatic Fringe for more than 30 years and saved a lot of money. Then the family comptroller passed away and I fell off the wagon.

    Now I'm beyond redemption and I'm truly sorry about it. I have no one to blame but myself.

    I went from Japanese (MidFi) to American (MacIntosh) to Canadian (Bryston) to British (Naim) to Danish (Raidho/Ansuz) and now Korean (Aurender).

    There should be a rehab for members of the Lunatic Fringe.

    Bud
    Aavik U-300 Amp/DAC, Aurender N10 streamer, RaidHo XT-2 speakers, Naim UnitiServe network server/CD ripper w/Teddy Pardo PS, Naim Super Lumina speaker cables, Ansuz Mainz DTC power distributor, Ansuz Mainz DTC power cables, Naim FraimLite equipment stand, Ansuz DarkZ DTC resonance control feet, Ansuz DigitalZ DTC coax and USB cables, Ansuz DTC power box, Sennheiser HD-800S headphones, Audeze LCD 4 headphones, Chord DAVE DAC/amp, Nordost Heimdall headphone cables, Nordost Heimdall Ethernet cables

 

 
Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22 62 67 68 69 70 71 72