Ansuz Cables & Accessories - Page 70
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20 60 65 66 67 68 69 70
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    Mike the difference with the D8 that I heard was a lower noise floor. Yes it sounded different but it created a better separation of instruments and vocals. Earth Shattering no but maybe a 5 -10% better clarity. IMO every % no matter how small are additive and eventually add up to some big improvements.

Have you demoed any D-TC cables? The gap between D-TC and original diamond is huge.
    Hi George,

Good that I've got that confirmed as many told me I have bad ears… Anyway the % hike wasn't really motivated by the cost. Didn't dare demo DTC in the home system and truth is that my dealer haven't had them for demo, yet. I am pretty sure it will be a blast. My big first choice will be DTC box or DTC Mainz as there should be time to enjoy each upgrade step. DTC= Devine Tasty Cable ?

Enjoy/Mike
    Main system: Aavik Acoustics U-300, Dr Feickert + Kuzma 4P + Benz LPS + Kondo silver, Naim streamer, Teddy Pardo psu’s for turntable and streamer, Sonus Faber Guarneri Homage, full cable loom Ansuz Acoustics, D on signal side, C+D on mains + D8 power distributor. All individual equipment rests on Ansuz Acoustics Darkz DTC. Dedicated mains supply (Audience Conductor) with Klangmodule fuse system and Furutech receptacles. Other systems: Collection of Sonus Faber classics (Franco S design), tube gear and transistor designs, CD-transports and players, turntables and collection of cables

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    Mike the difference with the D8 that I heard was a lower noise floor. Yes it sounded different but it created a better separation of instruments and vocals. Earth Shattering no but maybe a 5 -10% better clarity. IMO every % no matter how small are additive and eventually add up to some big improvements.

Have you demoed any D-TC cables? The gap between D-TC and original diamond is huge.
    To hear just how much difference the Mainz D8 can make, put it on a set of Darkz DTC's. I'd removed them from my D8 when I did some recabling and finally put them back last night. I'd been trying to find out why the bass in my system seemed a bit bloated. That problem went away with the DarkZ's and I got back the three dimensional sound as well as instruments that were more organic. It was if a light was turned on.

For those who are going to make the hefty investment in the new Mainz DTC, I seriously suggest that you also invest in some level of Darkz's.

Bud
    Aavik U-300 Amp/DAC, Aurender N10 streamer, RaidHo XT-2 speakers, Naim UnitiServe network server/CD ripper w/Teddy Pardo PS, Naim Super Lumina speaker cables, Ansuz Mainz DTC power distributor, Ansuz Mainz DTC power cables, Naim FraimLite equipment stand, Ansuz DarkZ DTC resonance control feet, Ansuz DigitalZ DTC coax and USB cables, Ansuz DTC power box, Sennheiser HD-800S headphones, Audeze LCD 4 headphones, Chord DAVE DAC/amp, Nordost Heimdall headphone cables, Nordost Heimdall Ethernet cables

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    To hear just how much difference the Mainz D8 can make, put it on a set of Darkz DTC's. I'd removed them from my D8 when I did some recabling and finally put them back last night. I'd been trying to find out why the bass in my system seemed a bit bloated. That problem went away with the DarkZ's and I got back the three dimensional sound as well as instruments that were more organic. It was if a light was turned on.

For those who are going to make the hefty investment in the new Mainz DTC, I seriously suggest that you also invest in some level of Darkz's.

Bud
    Bud,

I have DTC Darkz under each component in my system including D8 box and speakers. These are amazing! My views above concerning the so-so hike in SQ was based on it being on Darkz DTC. Never used D8 without Darkz DTC with exception from the D8 home demo 2 years ago.
    But again, Darkz DTC for whole system is where I would go after first getting the wall to filter box Mainz (plus D box).

Mike ala 24 Darkz DTC
    Main system: Aavik Acoustics U-300, Dr Feickert + Kuzma 4P + Benz LPS + Kondo silver, Naim streamer, Teddy Pardo psu’s for turntable and streamer, Sonus Faber Guarneri Homage, full cable loom Ansuz Acoustics, D on signal side, C+D on mains + D8 power distributor. All individual equipment rests on Ansuz Acoustics Darkz DTC. Dedicated mains supply (Audience Conductor) with Klangmodule fuse system and Furutech receptacles. Other systems: Collection of Sonus Faber classics (Franco S design), tube gear and transistor designs, CD-transports and players, turntables and collection of cables

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20 60 65 66 67 68 69 70