Ansuz Cables & Accessories - Page 63
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 13 53 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Quote Originally Posted by VoicesInMyHead View Post
    I can totally understand that everyone who have got their new model 2's are just dying to tell us all how good they are though, I would do the same.... haha... and I really want to hear it also.... hehe...
    I forgot I have some of the first V2 cables released. But then again I've been waiting since late January/early February since I first heard the prototypes. It was also very hard not to tell anyone before Ansuz announced them. Tonality isn't changed but the blacker background makes for better 'air' and 'control' between the vocals and instruments. I was that impressed when I first heard the originals and these are even better. I can't wait until next Sunday to personally thank and congratulate Mike Borresen at the Mainz D-TC demo at NextLevel's Grand Opening.
    George

Aavik U300 - Raidho D2.1's in Walnut burl with black trim - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital - Ansuz MainzD8 with 1 Ansuz Diamond TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords Ansuz Ceramic speaker cables- pARTicular Novus full suspension rack Rel B3.

Post Thanks / Like

George, I think it has been great to hear yours and everyone else reports of the new models. I think we all are very thankful for these early reports, I mean, that's after all why we are in here to begin with, to read about our favourite cable brand. I'm not going to go down the upgrade path myself though, Diamond "will have to do" for now and I think my next mission will be to find new speakers.
    Software: Roon & HQPlayer, Streaming: Sonore ultraRendu & UpTone LPS-1, Nordost Heimdall 2 Ethernet, Phasure Lush USB, DAC: LampizatOr Golden Atlantic, Preamp: Music First Baby Reference v2, Amp: Goldmund Job 250 monoblocks Speakers: PMC Fact.8, Cables & resonance control: Ansuz power- and signal cables, power distributor and Darkz decouplers.

Post Thanks / Like

The original Diamond is a fine cable. If you already own it that's one thing but honestly if you're looking to buy I would put the A2 up against it (something I haven't done yet). When I first heard the originals I thought the Ceramic was the sweet spot especially for the money. If cost was no object the Diamond was the best hands down. When Lars came over with the A2 and C2 power cords I was floored by how much better the A2 was compared to my C going from the MainzD8 to the Aavik. Then he put in the C2 and that was a lot better. He didn't have the D2 but my dealer loaned me his and it's another huge jump. Much larger than the original C to D. Then Lars put in the C2 Sc's and all I could say was WOW. I borrowed the D2 Pc but due to limited funds I think the C2 Sc upgrade would be even better than the D2 Pc with my original C Sc's.

As far as a speaker upgrade do you have any idea what direction you want to go?
    George

Aavik U300 - Raidho D2.1's in Walnut burl with black trim - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital - Ansuz MainzD8 with 1 Ansuz Diamond TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords Ansuz Ceramic speaker cables- pARTicular Novus full suspension rack Rel B3.

Post Thanks / Like

From what I've understood, and I may be wrong, the biggest improvement is indeed with the signal cables, but only because the power cables were already on a slightly higher level than the signal cables. With the new models they should be very competitive with top performance through the entire signal chain. Mmm... maybe C2 could be an alternative, will need to think about that...

As for speakers I'm currently looking into Boenicke W8 and Stenheim Alumine Two. I also find the new TAD Evolution One interesting, but they don't have any dealer in my region and will probably not be considered. Quite different speakers all of them, but I will need to try with my limited space what works best. My current ones are not actually bad either, I'm quite happy with them, but I'm curious if there's more to be gained somewhere....
    Software: Roon & HQPlayer, Streaming: Sonore ultraRendu & UpTone LPS-1, Nordost Heimdall 2 Ethernet, Phasure Lush USB, DAC: LampizatOr Golden Atlantic, Preamp: Music First Baby Reference v2, Amp: Goldmund Job 250 monoblocks Speakers: PMC Fact.8, Cables & resonance control: Ansuz power- and signal cables, power distributor and Darkz decouplers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VoicesInMyHead View Post
    From what I've understood, and I may be wrong, the biggest improvement is indeed with the signal cables, but only because the power cables were already on a slightly higher level than the signal cables. With the new models they should be very competitive with top performance through the entire signal chain. Mmm... maybe C2 could be an alternative, will need to think about that...

As for speakers I'm currently looking into Boenicke W8 and Stenheim Alumine Two. I also find the new TAD Evolution One interesting, but they don't have any dealer in my region and will probably not be considered. Quite different speakers all of them, but I will need to try with my limited space what works best. My current ones are not actually bad either, I'm quite happy with them, but I'm curious if there's more to be gained somewhere....
    I recently bought the new USB D-TC cable that's only been around for six months or so. IMO, it sounds better than my V1 DigitalZ D-TC coax cable. The best thing about the new USB cable is that it not only sounds better but is significantly cheaper than the V1 Coax. I'm using it from the Aurender N10 to a Chord Hugo TT. I wish I could also use it between the N10 and the U-300 DAC section but there is only one USB port on the N10 and headphones are more important to me than my speakers.

Two of my devices that are most important to me are the Aurender Flow and Hugo TT headphone amps. Both are battery based so my mega-cost Ansuz power system isn't needed. In fact the only device I have in the headphone chain that is plugged into the D8 is the Aurender N10.

Bud
    Aavik U-300 Amp/DAC, Aurender N10 streamer, RaidHo XT-2 speakers, Naim UnitiServe network server/CD ripper w/Teddy Pardo PS, Naim Super Lumina speaker cables, Ansuz Mainz DTC power distributor, Ansuz Mainz DTC power cables, Naim FraimLite equipment stand, Ansuz DarkZ DTC resonance control feet, Ansuz DigitalZ DTC coax and USB cables, Ansuz DTC power box, Sennheiser HD-800S headphones, Audeze LCD 4 headphones, Chord Hugo TT DAC/amp, Nordost Heimdall headphone cables, Nordost Heimdall Ethernet cables

6. Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been a couple of days since the Mainz D-TC demo at NextLevel. Lars started with a X power cable to the MainzD8 and worked his way through the version 2 up to the D-TC power cord. As usual with each cord there was a very noticeable improvement. One thing that really surprised me the most was after demoing the D2 power cord in my home I thought is was very close to the D-TC. Well it wasn't. Good news for any D-TC cable owners is Mike told me he has no plans to make a V2 D-TC cable.

With the D-TC power cord they replaced the MainzD8 with the Mainz D-TC. Holy CR@P!!! To me it sounded more like moving up from the D3.1 to D4.1 or D4.1 to the D5.1. The noise floor dropped like I've never heard before. Resulting in the most lifelike music I've ever heard. The clarity - sound stage - transients - and depth increased dramatically. The amount of 'air' between the vocals and instruments was amazing.

I guess I should have started with the system. It was the Aavik monos with a full D-TC loom from the Mainz to all equipment - Naim CD player and D5.1's
    George

8. Likes Mikeoo, VoicesInMyHead liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks George. I wonder if that was my CD player I traded for an Aurender N10��

Is the Mainz D-TC $23K?

Bud
    Aavik U-300 Amp/DAC, Aurender N10 streamer, RaidHo XT-2 speakers, Naim UnitiServe network server/CD ripper w/Teddy Pardo PS, Naim Super Lumina speaker cables, Ansuz Mainz DTC power distributor, Ansuz Mainz DTC power cables, Naim FraimLite equipment stand, Ansuz DarkZ DTC resonance control feet, Ansuz DigitalZ DTC coax and USB cables, Ansuz DTC power box, Sennheiser HD-800S headphones, Audeze LCD 4 headphones, Chord Hugo TT DAC/amp, Nordost Heimdall headphone cables, Nordost Heimdall Ethernet cables

Post Thanks / Like

Could have been your CD player but Tyler also has one or 2 since he is a Naim dealer too.

Yep $23K USD per Lars
    George

Post Thanks / Like

Tried some Anzus power cables on my DAC today. I think I preferred the X series over the A series. I still have to try the P. All cables series 1.
    Integrated amp: Symphonic Line La Music Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Te Kaitora Rua Streamer: Auralic Aries LE DAC: Schiit Gungnir Multibit Phono amp: RCM Sensor Prelude Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 Interlinks Ansuz X Digital Interlinks Anzus Digitals A USB Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, Anuzus Mains A, NBS dragon fly, Zu Bok Audio Rack: Solid Steel H6

Post Thanks / Like

I know the pricing on Version 1 cables have to be very good right now. But if you have the chance listen to the V2's I highly suggest it. Now I didn't compare a V1 Diamond to the A2 directly but I'll say I think the A2 at the least is equal to the V1 Diamond. Mike B at Nextlevel's Mainz D-TC demo said the gap between the V1 Diamond and D-TC was so large they had to do something to fill the gap. Hence the A2/C2/D2. I had a V1 Diamond going from my MainzD8 to U300 for a little over a month. When I put my V1 Ceramic back in I didn't miss it at all. But when Lars put the prototype A2 then C2 in I really missed it. I will also say I think the production V2's are even better than the prototypes.
    George

Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 13 53 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 LastLast