Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    I just sent my Raidho rack back to my dealer to sell on Consignment. I found several problems with it, beginning with the price. It's closed sides limits access to components to the point where you almost have to tear the rack down to re-cable or put Darkz's under the components. Each shelf comes in a very big box so while other racks like Naim, Quadraspire, etc. present no problem with storage space, the Raidho is a big time problem. I also think the design doesn't work on carpet. I replaced the Raidho with a Quadraspire SVT and after putting my U-300 on some DarkZ's I found that the SVT sounded better. The Quadraspire has spikes.

I picked up the Quadraspire for a bit over $800 which is a fraction of the cost of the Raidho. It's the first sane purchase I've made in a long time.

Bud
    Yes, $800 must seem like a fraction against your system lineup, sweet assembly - Semper Fi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Quadrasphire offers great value, but it's a much more simple rack than HRS or Ansuz. The choice depends on your ambition and budget of course, as well as the level of your system as a whole. Perhaps we'll see a trickle down Ansuz rack in the future as well. The new rack is a statement on the level of the D2 and D-TC series of products from their other lines.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se
    PERFECT SENSE
    www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | info@perfect-sense.se | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VoicesInMyHead View Post
    I've been in Münich for the last couple of days and of course, the Ansuz room is just killing the competition as usual. There has been a lot of nice rooms with for example Absolare, Totaldac, Ypsilon, Wilson Beneasch, VAC, Nagra, Kaiser, Kondo etc etc, but... I don't know if my ears are tuned into the Ansuz channel perhaps, but this is where it sounds special to me. They are also very good presenters, like nobody else actually, it's surprising to see how little time and focus 99% of all manufactures actually spend on trying to sell us their goods. Ansuz are different, it's always very entertaining to attend their rooms and something I can really recommend. Big kudos for that!

On display for the first time was their new rack... it doesn't come cheap, but one could perhaps call it "affordable" considering it might just be one of the best things they've ever produced. Somehow it felt kind of natural that the masters of vibrations and mechanical grounding should eventually produce their own rack, and yes... they seem incredible satisfied about it. I should have posted a picture, but for some reason it doesn't work.

Rack Titanium
    resonance control

Price from:
    low 7,600 EUR
    mid 9,600 EUR
    high 11,600 EUR

It was also a real pleasure to meet with Lars, Frits, Michael and Emil. It's incredibly inspiring to talk and listen to Michael and hear about his design philosophy. I'm completely buying into everything he says, he seems to know what he's talking about, and it seems like he's definitely on to something. He's not stuck in old technology, he sees the future and he tries to shape it.

Right now the only thing I want is a U-300 with a DTC cable and a DTC power distributor. What else could a happy man wish for really?
    If I understand this correctly a complete Ansuz rack will cost close to 40k euro. If the smallest shelf is 7.6k
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    Yes, $800 must seem like a fraction against your system lineup, sweet assembly - Semper Fi

Every time I listen to my Naim Mu-So I think about how it does everything my system does for less than 1% of the cost, I sometimes forget which one is playing which should tell me something.
    Nelson Pass had it right when he called audiophiles members of the Lunatic Fringe.
    BTW, you did a better job of assembly then I did.
    2nd Marine Air Wing - '53-'56
    Bud
    Bud<br>

AAVIK: S-280 Streamer, D-280 DAC, I-280 Integrated Amplifier]
    NAIM: Atom HE Headphone Amp, Superlumina Speaker Cables, Power Cables
    HARBETH: 30.2 40th Anniversary Speakers
    FOCAL:: Utopia Headphones
    ANSUZ: C2 Power Cable, A2 Power Distributor, D2 Ethernet Cables, D2 PowerSwitch, D2 Interconnect
    NORDOST: Heimdall 2 Ethernet and Power Cables
    QUADRASPIRE: SVT Equipment Stand
    SKYLAN: Speaker Stands
    UPTONE:Linear Power Supply
    DANACABLE:: Headphone cables

Finally some series 2 Mainz landed on my door step, a D2 Mainz. Pulled my D1 and replaced with D2 from wall to DTC box. Everything got better in all aspects but the most important was the naturalness which this cable add. Everything flows without any dynamic restraint and instruments are so real.
    Will add more 2 series soon to the rest of the system.

Mike
    Main system: Aavik Acoustics U-300 (upgraded internals), Accuphase C47 + TechDAS AF V Premium + Kuzma 4P11" Gemstone/Kondo silver + Ortofon Diamond, Naim streamer SSD + TAD DA-1000 DAC, Sonus Faber Stradivari 35 Anniversary, mostly full cable loom Ansuz Acoustics, D and own silver constructions on signal side, Mainz DTC/D2 + Mainz8 D-TC power distributor. All individual equipment and cables rest on Ansuz Acoustics Darkz DTC (Tungsten balls). Dedicated mains supply (Audience Conductor) with Klangmodule fuse system and Furutech receptacles. Other systems: Collection of Sonus Faber classics (Franco S design), tube gear and transistor designs, CD-transports and players, turntables and collection of cables

Hi Mike.

Glad you like your new power distributioner!
    Did you try to connect your former mainz 8 to the new? That should add even more of the blackness and naturalness
    Scansonic MB-1, Aavik U-300, Sony CD Player as transport, mixture of ansuz cables in different qualities, Ansuz Mainz X Power Distribution, Ansuz Power Distribution for DTC cables

Hi,

Nope the Mainz8D got directly released to a happy new owner.

Mike
    Main system: Aavik Acoustics U-300 (upgraded internals), Accuphase C47 + TechDAS AF V Premium + Kuzma 4P11" Gemstone/Kondo silver + Ortofon Diamond, Naim streamer SSD + TAD DA-1000 DAC, Sonus Faber Stradivari 35 Anniversary, mostly full cable loom Ansuz Acoustics, D and own silver constructions on signal side, Mainz DTC/D2 + Mainz8 D-TC power distributor. All individual equipment and cables rest on Ansuz Acoustics Darkz DTC (Tungsten balls). Dedicated mains supply (Audience Conductor) with Klangmodule fuse system and Furutech receptacles. Other systems: Collection of Sonus Faber classics (Franco S design), tube gear and transistor designs, CD-transports and players, turntables and collection of cables

There is a chance that I might buy some mono amps in the future (Auralic Merak) It is most likely that I will use Ansuz X power chords since I have two. However one is 2meters, the other 1.5meters.

How much influence would it have if any.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

I've sold more or less all my Diamond cables, decouplers and power distributor products together with some of my other equipment. My original plan was to stick with only the minimal amount of cables I needed for my scaling down project and that I could be flexible about which ones to keep. But then a buyer came and bought everything in a extremely nice package deal (mostly for him), and I figured I could just as well "start over" from the beginning...

Which I of course did... And did I ever have thoughts about trying another brand? Nope! Not even a little? Nope! Feeling very loyal and committed here. While I've been evaluating different amplifiers for a while, I was already clear on that I wanted a new Mainz 8 C2 as foundation to build upon with a just few A2 cables to my new integrated solution. These are all now on order. First one has to sort out clean power and cables, then the actual amplifier decision comes last in the chain, right?

@Mordante hey, buy my Job 250 monos... they're amazing value to a great price!
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

I have the new C2/D2 mainz blocks for a home demo at the moment, in my system the C2 is only marginally better than the A8 I have.
    The D2 is a definitly an improvement.

I would have liked a D2 as well, but I just couldn't bring out the money for it this time as I'm changing my entire system... C2 will have to do, for better or worse...
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

I've sold more or less all my Diamond cables, decouplers and power distributor products together with some of my other equipment. My original plan was to stick with only the minimal amount of cables I needed for my scaling down project and that I could be flexible about which ones to keep. But then a buyer came and bought everything in a extremely nice package deal (mostly for him), and I figured I could just as well "start over" from the beginning...

Which I of course did... And did I ever have thoughts about trying another brand? Nope! Not even a little? Nope! Feeling very loyal and committed here. While I've been evaluating different amplifiers for a while, I was already clear on that I wanted a new Mainz 8 C2 as foundation to build upon with a just few A2 cables to my new integrated solution. These are all now on order. First one has to sort out clean power and cables, then the actual amplifier decision comes last in the chain, right?

@Mordante hey, buy my Job 250 monos... they're amazing value to a great price!
    Are the jobs 110V or 240V? I'm Dutch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordante View Post
    Are the jobs 110V or 240V? I'm Dutch.
    If I don't remember wrong they are actually switchable. I'm from Sweden, so they would work fine in Europe for sure. PM me if you're interested or lookup my ad on audio-markt. I'm sure we can always arrange something...

I would have liked a D2 as well, but I just couldn't bring out the money for it this time as I'm changing my entire system... C2 will have to do, for better or worse...
    Are you keeping your speakers?
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    Are you keeping your speakers?
    For now yes, but I'm planning to look into other options there as well. It's a bit more complicated due to room limitations, and in general it feels like a much bigger thing to change.

For now yes, but I'm planning to look into other options there as well. It's a bit more complicated due to room limitations, and in general it feels like a much bigger thing to change.
    As Lars pointed out during his cable/power distribution at Axpona Start with the foundation and you might be very surprised how good the rest of your system really is.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

I recently replaced the final power cord to my Naim NDS streamer with a C2. All the rest of my cables are C2 as well. I also tried a C2 Mainz 8 instead of my D8.

I continue to be astonished at the magnitude of the improve Ansuz makes in my all Naim system. I simply had no idea of what my system was capable of. I have pretty much been a cable skeptic as I have never experienced a power product that didn’t foul the Naim sound in some fundamental way. I have never heard a more musical and realistic sound coming from a Naim system.

I liked the C2 Mainz so well I decided to get the D2 Mainz which should arrive today. I let you know what I think.

Can't wait to hear your impression of the Mainz C2 vs D2. I have yet to hear those. I replaced my MainzD8 with the D-TC when I asked Mike B at a demo if he was going to come out with a less expensive option. His answer was no. I should have known better. But that said my D-TC is going nowhere. I'm amazed the difference in power cord SQ when comparing A2 C2 and D2. So much more than the original A C and D.
    George

Can't wait to hear your impression of the Mainz C2 vs D2. I have yet to hear those. I replaced my MainzD8 with the D-TC when I asked Mike B at a demo if he was going to come out with a less expensive option. His answer was no. I should have known better. But that said my D-TC is going nowhere. I'm amazed the difference in power cord SQ when comparing A2 C2 and D2. So much more than the original A C and D.
    I wrestled with the purchase of my Mainz DTC but bought one to replace my Mainz D. I can’t say how much difference it makes because I made other changes at the same time. If I’d known there would be multiple V2 choices I might have passed on the DTC version.

i did buy a pair of C2 digital Coax’s to connect a Chord BLU CD transport to a Chord Dave DAC.

While waiting for the BLU2 to arrive (3 months and counting) I compared one of the C2 Coax’s to my Ansuz DTC USB and to my Ansuz DTC Coax. I used the cables between an Aurender N10 and the Dave used as a DAC.

Using both headphones and speakers it was clear to me that both DTC cables were superior to the C2. All the cables were excellent but the DTC’s provided a richer, more organic sound. This was especially apparent with piano. As with most things there is the law of diminishing returns. The $12,500 DTC Coax was better than the $3,600 USB and both better than the $3,000 C2 Coax.

I have the chance to upgrade the C2’s at a good price but I’m going to keep the C2’s since for the application between the BLU2 and the Dave I think they are good enough and better than what just about any BLU2 owner is using.

Bud
    Bud<br>

ANSUZ: C2 Power Cable, A2 Power Distributor, D2 Ethernet Cables, D2 PowerSwitch, D2 Interconnect

Today I decided to buy the Mainz 8 D2, using it for a week now and getting better everyday.

My system:
    - Aavik U-300
    - Magico V3
    - Aurender N10
    - Wadia 381i
    - Oppo BDP103D (with Audiopraise digital board)
    - Ansuz Mainz A8 (now Ansuz Mainz 8 D2)

A couple of weeks ago I visited the Ansuz/Aavik demo in Munich (Marriott Hotel), Ansuz introduced the new power distribution blocks too fill the price/quality gap to the DTC distribution block. Luckily they were willing to demo the C2/D2/DTC. (in that system the D2 was very close to the DTC)

My local dealer ordered a few C2/D2, and offered me to try them in my system, first decided to only take the C2, which I had in my system for two weeks, it did improve the energy in the low frequencies and sounded a bit more open, but in my opinion it was not enough to pull the trigger.

Then I tried the D2, over the first week it kept improving (and still does), again more energy in the low frequencies, more open sound and now also increased detail. (soundstage got wider, deeper and higher).
    This morning I took the D2 out of the system (back to the A8) and the whole system was very difficult to listen too.

Anyway, long story short, the D2 has gone back into my system and will stay there.

Very happy with the Ansuz products in, they do work in my system, have to say that the power cables (with the 10mm ground wires / distribution blocks give the most bang for the money. But as always YMMV.
    Moon 700i V2, YG Acoustics Hailey, Aurender N10, dCS Rossini, Oppo BDP103D (audiopraise board), Ansuz Mainz 8 D2

Bud when I got my Mainz D-TC to replace the MainzD8 the difference was huge. It was like adding several layers of resolution to everything. I could also play music almost twice as loud which I believe is due to the lower noise floor. I know this sounds crazy but you should hear what a second Mainz D-TC does. I was floored at Axpona. For grins and giggles on the last day I brought mine for a total of 3. I immediately heard a difference but not quite as much as adding the second one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    I wrestled with the purchase of my Mainz DTC but bought one to replace my Mainz D. I can’t say how much difference it makes because I made other changes at the same time. If I’d known there would be multiple V2 choices I might have passed on the DTC version.

i did buy a pair of C2 digital Coax’s to connect a Chord BLU CD transport to a Chord Dave DAC.

While waiting for the BLU2 to arrive (3 months and counting) I compared one of the C2 Coax’s to my Ansuz DTC USB and to my Ansuz DTC Coax. I used the cables between an Aurender N10 and the Dave used as a DAC.

Using both headphones and speakers it was clear to me that both DTC cables were superior to the C2. All the cables were excellent but the DTC’s provided a richer, more organic sound. This was especially apparent with piano. As with most things there is the law of diminishing returns. The $12,500 DTC Coax was better than the $3,600 USB and both better than the $3,000 C2 Coax.

I have the chance to upgrade the C2’s at a good price but I’m going to keep the C2’s since for the application between the BLU2 and the Dave I think they are good enough and better than what just about any BLU2 owner is using.

Bud
    George

Bud when I got my Mainz D-TC to replace the MainzD8 the difference was huge. It was like adding several layers of resolution to everything. I could also play music almost twice as loud which I believe is due to the lower noise floor. I know this sounds crazy but you should hear what a second Mainz D-TC does. I was floored at Axpona. For grins and giggles on the last day I brought mine for a total of 3. I immediately heard a difference but not quite as much as adding the second one.
    I'll admit that my system has never sounded better.
    When I first got the Mainz DTC, I had a Naim rack and the center rear post prevented me from cabling it the way it should have been. Then I bought the Raidho rack but couldn't get the Darkz's under the Mainz DTC because of limited access.
    When I got the Quadraspire rack I was able to cable everything the way it should be and put the Darkz's under the Mainz DTC. I attributed the improved sound to the Darkz's and the Quadraspire rack.

Bud
    Bud<br>

While the Darkz are a nice improvement they are not even close to what the Mainz D-TC brought to the table.
    George

While the Darkz are a nice improvement they are not even close to what the Mainz D-TC brought to the table.
    I heard an improvement when I upgraded C1 and D1 PC’s to DTC PC’s when I had a MainZ D8. I wonder if I would have heard a bigger improvement going to the Mainz DTC if I still had those PC’s,
    Bud<br>

Anyone knows how much weight the Darkz D-TC can handle? 35kg should be ok? If I have two layers with ceramic balls in between, will that make a difference in how much weight it can take?

Anyone knows how much weight the Darkz D-TC can handle? 35kg should be ok? If I have two layers with ceramic balls in between, will that make a difference in how much weight it can take?
    The Darkz D-TC can easily handle 35 kg. The ceramic balls shouldn't make an issue either
    Scansonic MB-1, Aavik U-300, Sony CD Player as transport, mixture of ansuz cables in different qualities, Ansuz Mainz X Power Distribution, Ansuz Power Distribution for DTC cables

I am very happy with the purchase of the Mainz 8 D2, just wondering if the mainz distibutionboxes have a preferred polarity ?, I have tried both ways (shuko plug) and prefer when the "top" connections of the outlet sockets are hot.
    Moon 700i V2, YG Acoustics Hailey, Aurender N10, dCS Rossini, Oppo BDP103D (audiopraise board), Ansuz Mainz 8 D2

They come as 3 layers, with 2 layers of ceramics.

I have 4 each under 256 lb speakers, no problem

Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    They come as 3 layers, with 2 layers of ceramics.

I have 4 each under 256 lb speakers, no problem

Only 1 layer of ceramic bearings if you get the adjustable version.
    George

Only 1 layer of ceramic bearings if you get the adjustable version.
    Noted, thank you.

Also, from what I have read if your floor prevents proper balance you only need one adjustable, somehow in my case I lucked out.

The adjustables are also a bit different, there's a "hole" in the bottom and if I understand it correctly this can be used to put your loudspeaker feets in if you want. So they can be used in two different ways, or did I get the purpose of this wrong?

The adjustables are also a bit different, there's a "hole" in the bottom and if I understand it correctly this can be used to put your loudspeaker feets in if you want. So they can be used in two different ways, or did I get the purpose of this wrong?
    They can be used in several ways. They're mostly used under loudspeakers as feets, but can also be used under some racks or even equipment if the surface is uneven.

Quote Originally Posted by imprezap2 View Post
    I am very happy with the purchase of the Mainz 8 D2, just wondering if the mainz distibutionboxes have a preferred polarity ?, I have tried both ways (shuko plug) and prefer when the "top" connections of the outlet sockets are hot.
    Hi Imprezap2.

It does have a preferred polarity. I'm not sure which cables you're using. If it's Ansuz I would suggest to simply put all the Mainz power cords in the Mainz 8 D2 with the same polarity and simply change polarity on the power cord going from the distributor to the wall socket.

Quote Originally Posted by EmiLiuZ View Post
    Hi Imprezap2.

It does have a preferred polarity. I'm not sure which cables you're using. If it's Ansuz I would suggest to simply put all the Mainz power cords in the Mainz 8 D2 with the same polarity and simply change polarity on the power cord going from the distributor to the wall socket.
    Hi, Thanks for the reply, I live in the Netherlands so I can adjust to the correct polarity of my equipment by turning the shuko connector, but what I would like to know if the mainz 8 D2 itself has a preferred polarity, when I measure it (with a Kemp polarity checker) the result is the same, for both positions of the shuko connector.

Purely by listening I have slight preference when the most inside pin (of the IEC connection on the D2) is hot.

I guess that Ansuz would have marked the "hot" side if it was important.

Thanks,

Olaf

Hi, Thanks for the reply, I live in the Netherlands so I can adjust to the correct polarity of my equipment by turning the shuko connector, but what I would like to know if the mainz 8 D2 itself has a preferred polarity, when I measure it (with a Kemp polarity checker) the result is the same, for both positions of the shuko connector.

Purely by listening I have slight preference when the most inside pin (of the IEC connection on the D2) is hot.

I guess that Ansuz would have marked the "hot" side if it was important.

Thanks,

Olaf
    I'm interested in this myself. I have a original D8 and it would be nice if Anzus would say which lead should be hot.

Isn't this what you guys are looking for or do I totally misunderstand you? The phase from the wall needs to be measured though as even if there's guidelines to keep the phase on one or the other side there's no guarantee as the human factor among electricians are involved and it will work perfectly fine even if they have flipped it.

Attached Images Attached Images

Most equipment have a preferred phase, in europe we can vary that easily by turning the shuko power connector 180 degrees, and then measure the least "leakage voltage". (I am using a Kemp polarity checker to do that), when you do that for your full system it can definitly have a performance increase.

The Mainz 8 distributors are passive devices so I was wondering if they also have a preferred phase (as I can also turn the shuko connector 180 degrees to the wall connection, basically switching the "hot"side), I tried to measure, but no difference in measurement both sides, but listening I do have a small preference for one phase.

Ansuz do not specify a preferred hot side, so I was wondering if anybody here had some experience with this.

Hopefully my "mediocre" english explanation is ok

Olaf

Ansuz Cables &amp; Accessories

Most equipment have a preferred phase, in europe we can vary that easily by turning the shuko power connector 180 degrees, and then measure the least "leakage voltage". (I am using a Kemp polarity checker to do that), when you do that for your full system it can definitly have a performance increase.

The Mainz 8 distributors are passive devices so I was wondering if they also have a preferred phase (as I can also turn the shuko connector 180 degrees to the wall connection, basically switching the "hot"side), I tried to measure, but no difference in measurement both sides, but listening I do have a small preference for one phase.

Ansuz do not specify a preferred hot side, so I was wondering if anybody here had some experience with this.

Hopefully my "mediocre" english explanation is ok

Olaf
    Hi Olaf, I see no one answered, and honestly I have zero idea being here in the states.

Ansuz customer service has been very responsive and probably best to answer

Frits who leads this up can be reached at:

fd@ansuz-acoustics.com

Last, your English is probably better than mine Ansuz Cables &amp; Accessories

Tada!!!! New speakers announced under the Børresen brand.... can't wait to listen to these....

See more in the Facebook album:
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/Borresen...64060290632523

And in this AudioShark thread...
    New Borresen Line Of Speakers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like "simular" tweeter as in the Raidho's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordante View Post
    If I understand this correctly a complete Ansuz rack will cost close to 40k euro. If the smallest shelf is 7.6k
    Yes, you're right.
    At this price, I prefer buy a paar of Wilson Audio Sasha 2...
    Marantz SA7S1/GRIMM AUDIO CC1/MARK LEVINSON 360S+TECHNICS SL1210 MKII/ORTOFON X1-MC/VPI CLASSIC 3 in rosewood/Audio-Technica ART-9/ESOTERIC E03+TAG MC LAREN T32R+JEFF ROWLAND CORUS+JEFF ROWLAND MODEL 625+Magnepan 3.7i+Cables line: all Furutech lineflux+power cord DIY

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong View Post
    Yes, you're right.
    At this price, I prefer buy a paar of Wilson Audio Sasha 2...
    I've been thinking I'd rather have the Sashas than the new Borrensen 01's for about the same price.
    Bud<br>

Ansuz is not low priced products but with the rack they went overboard I think and when some superb loudspeakers can be had for the same money the choice is simple. Anyway the cost for the DTC filter box is no small change either but it brings loads of everything out of your system. Putting DTC Darkz under your gear brings also great impact and I guess better price-performace, but I am biased from using 24 of them
    Still to hear the impact of this rack though as an alternative I would go for some nice speakers (or cables ).
    My 2 series Mainz still cooking in and it feels like it takes for ever. My D2 Mainz was good from the beginning but the C2 Mainz probably need +500 hours and I also test A2 Mainz but here I feel that they are a bit soft in character.

Enjoy/Mike

D2 Mainz costs near 9000 euros I think...C2 near 4000 euros...I prefer buy a good Hifi product...I have bought an Esoteric K03XS to replace my Marantz SA7S1....I think even I have bought a D2 Mainz, I don't have the sound I have now with my Marantz SA7S1...I try to say : D2 Mainz + Marantz SA7S1 not equal Esoteric K03XS...
    I have seen some people said that they have 4 D Mainz...So near 36000 euros...I'm sure, if they will new loudspeakers at this price, they have better sound...If people have bought 4 D Mainz listened music on Marten Design Supreme ( price near 400 000 euros)....I understand....but in other case I don't undestand why buy very expensive cable. I have bought Lineflux from Furutech and jumperflux and Speakerflux....because I have listenned some improvement...But any improvement with power cord...I have try power cord at 800 euros...No difference between my DIY power cord...I have 2 direct lines for my audio and video...
    Marantz SA7S1/GRIMM AUDIO CC1/MARK LEVINSON 360S+TECHNICS SL1210 MKII/ORTOFON X1-MC/VPI CLASSIC 3 in rosewood/Audio-Technica ART-9/ESOTERIC E03+TAG MC LAREN T32R+JEFF ROWLAND CORUS+JEFF ROWLAND MODEL 625+Magnepan 3.7i+Cables line: all Furutech lineflux+power cord DIY

You are right, cables are not cheap too, but did you try Ansuz Mainz? It had such an effect no other cable product had before, it makes a big difference, but everyone need to judge for them selfs of course. I heard reasonable low priced products jump up in performance with Ansuz DTC Darkz and Mainz so much i would argue for the Ansuz instead of higher priced gear. But as seen of my profile, I am a believer of the Ansuz church...

Best, and trust your ears / Mike

No try, because there is no dealer in France.
    Price of D Mainz Ansuz is near 9000 euros...Now I search to buy a Jeff Rowland PSU for my Corus preamplifier..I'm sure there is any dealer in the world who has D mainz Ansuz and Jeff Rowland PSU to compare D Mainz Ansuz + Corus against PSU + Corus...
    Price of PSU is 10600 euros...
    Price D Mainz is 9000 euros...
    Do you have direct line to connect your system ? Like me ? I think I have no difference because I connect my system directly to a dedicated 16A.
    A dedicated 16 A for audio.
    A dedicated 16 A for video.

Separate line, made big difference!

Mike

Looking for long term impressions for Ansuz series 2 power cables. My power cords are a mix of Ansuz Diamond (Amplifier/ Source/ Mainz-D power cord) and Ansuz C. Debating whether the change to series 2 (D2 & C2) makes sense. Alternative I could change the Mainz-D to Mainz-DTC and keep the series 1 power cords for the time being. I know that when the new version 2 was introduced there was a lot of overwhelming positive comments. Any feedback/ opinions from long term users of series 1 & series 2 would be appreciated.
    Tim

Playback Designs mps-5, Nagra Classic Pre, Nagra Classic Amp, YG Carmel 2s, Signal: TaraLabs Muse, Power: Ansuz D & C, Mainz-8D, SRA Craz3 Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by 4music View Post
    Looking for long term impressions for Ansuz series 2 power cables. My power cords are a mix of Ansuz Diamond (Amplifier/ Source/ Mainz-D power cord) and Ansuz C. Debating whether the change to series 2 (D2 & C2) makes sense. Alternative I could change the Mainz-D to Mainz-DTC and keep the series 1 power cords for the time being. I know that when the new version 2 was introduced there was a lot of overwhelming positive comments. Any feedback/ opinions from long term users of series 1 & series 2 would be appreciated.
    My experience has been that V2 is one step up from V1 (C2 better than D1). but more importantly, replacing my MainzD8 with the Mainz DTC has allowed me to get away with lower quality PC's upstream. As an example, I've replaced 2 DTC PC's with C2's and rather than buy more C2's I'm using $400 LFD PC's on my Aurender N10 and Chord BLU2. I can say that my experience is the same as others concerning the Mainz DTC.

I did keep a DTC PC between the wall and the Mainz DTC which is important.
    Bud<br>

Tim I started with a MainzD8 and 2 C power cords (2M). One for the D8 and one for the Aavik. Then one day when Lars came to the Chicago area he had a prototype D-TC power cord he brought over to my home. We listened a bit before adding the D-TC. He turned up the loudness just until my D2's popped. Left the volume alone and he put in the D-TC. Listening to the same track again first I couldn't believe how the noise floor dropped. When we got to the point where my D2's popped he started really turning up the volume. I was shocked to hear them play at almost twice the loudness before popping again. Took me a few months to pull the trigger and get a D-TC PC for the D8. Oh yeah when Lars came over he had to use Shuko to US adapter.

Then one day my local dealer borrowed my C pc and let me use a D pc until he could bring mine back (a little over a month). Going from the C to D on the Aavik there was a subtle improvement (everything sounded a bit more open). IMO the improvement was way to subtle to justify 3X the price. When my dealer brought back my C I did not miss it at all.

I was real happy until Lars came back again but this time he had the prototype Version 2 - A2 and C2 pc and C2 sc's (approx 9 months before the V2's were even announced). My son happened to be over and in another room when Lars swapped out the C for the A2. WOW what a difference. Even my son came into the room and asked what just happened. The sound was so much more open and warmer sounding all without losing any detail I couldn't believe it. Then he put in the C2. I wasn't expecting much because of all the original C to D demos I had been to including the one with the C to D in my home. Well the difference was another WOW moment. BTW the D2 was still being developed in Denmark. I asked Lars what the pricing may be and at the time he thought they would be about a 10% increase. Turns out when they went into production it was less that that. Needless to say as soon as they were available I traded my C to the C2.

OK now it was time for the C2 speaker cable. Well I have 5M sc's and Lars only had a 4M with him. We moved the Aavik to make it work. The difference wasn't subtle but it wasn't a WOW moment either. Unlike the power cord I wasn't ready to upgrade the sc's but one thing that really impressed me was the banana connectors were a lot better.

Now when the Mainz D-TC was announced I heard the price was going to be 23K USD. Ouch!! Both Mike and Lars were coming to my local dealer for the North American (maybe the world) debut of it. I figured at 23K it wasn't going to happen for me so I ordered the sc's if Lars and Mike could bring them (1 week notice) and they did. The demo was with Raidho D5.1's and Aavik monos with a full D-TC loom. So with the MainzD8 they started with an Ansuz X then A2 then C2 then D2 (first time time I was able to hear the D2 power cord) and I would say the D2 power cord was another WOW moment and thought it would be so close to the D-TC power cord which was up just before the Mainz D-TC. Well the D-TC pc was a clear jump up. Then they put in the Mainz D-TC. All I can say it was another WOW moment. Talk about another huge drop in noise floor. Took me about a week or 2 to decide if it was worth it and I decided it was. Took a while to get but by then I had D2.1's and when it arrived I pushed the 2.1's until they popped. Put in the Mainz D-TC and yep I could play almost twice as loud again due the lower noise floor and greater clarity.

Getting to your question should you upgrade cables or the Mainz. That for me is a real head scratcher. Either IMO would be a significant upgrade. Any possibility of an in home demo to hear for yourself? That would be best for you and your bank account. If I had to lean either way I would say go for the Mainz D-TC. That said another option would be to bring your D8 and cables to a dealer and compare there if no in home demo is possible.

Best of luck
    George

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Ansuz Cables &amp; Accessories